Other Your guilty pleasure series?

I love the Voltron characters though I'm terrified of the fandom.

and does anyone remember dmmd?? That was such a weird era and i kinda miss the fandom. Like for what it was, it was super well written, at least character wise. Nothing is more iconic than a robot dying and his last wish is to [redacted]

Dr. Phil. If I need to justify myself, I have a big interest in psychology and I find it interesting to see how he deals with psychological issues. I don’t get to watch it often anymore because no one else likes it and I rarely get the tv to myself

A bunch. Guilty Crown was the first that sprung to mind (says a lot) but I dug through my anime list and scrounged up a few more; Akashic Records, Re:CREATORS, Grisaia no Kajitsu (Rakuen more specifically) , GATE, and Cross Ange. Probably more but I'm too lazy to think of any more.

They all have their flaws. Hell I'd say most of them barely make 5/10 for me but I can't deny enjoying them when I first saw them.

Oh, and Destiny.

My guilty pleasure is def still the twilight saga. I adored it in the sixth grade and I could still sit down and watch all of the movies happily. It is one of the silliest vampire sagas that I am into but I still adore it.

A bunch. Guilty Crown was the first that sprung to mind (says a lot) but I dug through my anime list and scrounged up a few more; Akashic Records, Re:CREATORS, Grisaia no Kajitsu (Rakuen more specifically) , GATE, and Cross Ange. Probably more but I'm too lazy to think of any more.

I watched Guilty Crown solely because it had a killer soundtrack! (I've been half-meaning to watch Cross Ange for that exact reason, by the way. My avatar is actually the cover of one of Shikata Akiko's singles - she is a queen.) It was a fun series to watch, even if it didn't hold up together by the end.

Occasionally I'll think about that one episode focused on the classmate who was caring for his dying brother, which I think was really well-written and nuanced compared to the rest of the show. I think the writers had a lot of guts to treat that topic the way they did, and...it hit close to me.

Aside from that, though, I still have an .mp3 of Bios on my phone....

Mine has to be Hetalia. I usually don't like the pure comedy short script series. I like anime to have some kind of plot, character development, and different kinds of feels mixed in. Hetalia, however, is pure stupidity and I love it.

Only Fools and Horses. A British classic and an absolute childhood favourite. Watch it through every year and haven't stopped since I started. Would highly recommend to those who love old comedy shows and sarcasm.

Iron man 2, thor ragnarok, and the guardians movies.
Huh, okay. I confess I haven't seen those ones yet (except I think I saw Iron Man 2 a while ago), since I'm suuuuuper behind on Marvel movies, but I've met people who love those ones

God, definitely Ouran High School Host club. It’s just a good mix between stupid, funny and nostalgic.

God, definitely Ouran High School Host club. It’s just a good mix between stupid, funny and nostalgic.
Pffff totally doesn't have to be a guilty pleasure! That show is absolutely hilarious - a fantastic parody of typical shoujo tropes and reverse harem tropes and such. It's pure gold. One of the only shoujo series I actually enjoy.

For me, it would have to be the delightful anime, "A Sister's All You Need". Watched the anime, read the manga, loved the light novel. Granted, it's not afraid to flaunt how over the top the fanservice can get; I'm sure the ones that have watched the first minute of the first episode will agree with me. I, however, think it was a genius move by the animators to include a stupidly ecchi scene at the beginning to weed out those that weren't for ecchi, because compared to the other ecchi scenes later on, the one in the first episode was tame. If one stuck around after the decoy scene, however, the actual show would begin.

The story revolves around a light novel author with an obsession for little sisters (thus the title), along with his group of friends that are mostly other light novel writers as well. The episodes focus on their daily lives for the most part, and like I said, the show will get super ecchi, it also focuses on the underlying theme of the struggles of being an adult. There are even times where the show departs from its usually playful nature to reveal more about the characters themselves in those "real moments". I'm not sure what it is, but some of it hits close to home for me, as a student facing more difficulties with each year.

I didn't mean to write that much lmao- But as I have done so in the past, I implore whoever is reading this to at least give it a shot. Thanks for coming to my TedTalk. uwu

For me, it would have to be the delightful anime, "A Sister's All You Need". Watched the anime, read the manga, loved the light novel. Granted, it's not afraid to flaunt how over the top the fanservice can get; I'm sure the ones that have watched the first minute of the first episode will agree with me. I, however, think it was a genius move by the animators to include a stupidly ecchi scene at the beginning to weed out those that weren't for ecchi, because compared to the other ecchi scenes later on, the one in the first episode was tame. If one stuck around after the decoy scene, however, the actual show would begin.

The story revolves around a light novel author with an obsession for little sisters (thus the title), along with his group of friends that are mostly other light novel writers as well. The episodes focus on their daily lives for the most part, and like I said, the show will get super ecchi, it also focuses on the underlying theme of the struggles of being an adult. There are even times where the show departs from its usually playful nature to reveal more about the characters themselves in those "real moments". I'm not sure what it is, but some of it hits close to home for me, as a student facing more difficulties with each year.

I didn't mean to write that much lmao- But as I have done so in the past, I implore whoever is reading this to at least give it a shot. Thanks for coming to my TedTalk. uwu
I agree, I think it's a good idea for ecchi anime to have very obviously ecchi scenes early on. Just me personally - I can't stand ecchi, so it's nice to know within the first few minutes of a show that I should avoid it if it isn't to my taste.
Dunno if any of that made sense...

And to each their own - if you enjoy this series, then hey, that's cool! You do you. But yeah ecchi isn't for me. :')

I hate to admit this, but 90 Day Fiance. Or any other dumb TLC show, really. I usually potato out on the couch and mindlessly watch and laugh at how ridiculous it is if I don't have the mental capacity to handle much else that day...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back