Other Your guilty pleasure series?

I hate to admit this, but 90 Day Fiance. Or any other dumb TLC show, really. I usually potato out on the couch and mindlessly watch and laugh at how ridiculous it is if I don't have the mental capacity to handle much else that day...
Dumb TLC shows are the best lmfao 🤣🤣🤣 one of my fav is those dwarf housewives lol

i'm not into it anymore, but at, like, sixteen (two years ago) i was grossly obsessed with ninjago. not my proudest moment.

I go through the story of Guilty Gear Xrd every now and then. It's a silly mess where dialogue is just there to set up cool guy monologues and one liners to show how cool the characters are, but boy are those cool guys cool. =w=

I’m ashamed to admit I watch Dr. Phil. Honestly it just makes me feel better about my own life. Like at least I didn’t marry my cousin and commit fraud, y’know?

I’m ashamed to admit I watch Dr. Phil. Honestly it just makes me feel better about my own life. Like at least I didn’t marry my cousin and commit fraud, y’know?
Ahahaha
I haven't watched much Dr. Phil, but I can relate. The little bit I've seen of it has been entertaining.

Ahahaha
I haven't watched much Dr. Phil, but I can relate. The little bit I've seen of it has been entertaining.
Never a dull moment in that show, honestly. The clips on YouTube are prime entertainment, and Dr. Phil is honestly such a good guy.

SheRa and the Princesses of Power. The reboot is surprisingly watchable and relatable. Wholesome content.
Greetings, fellow fan!
As for me? Among others, I actually love all the saccharine schlock from the 80's! Care Bears, Get Along Gang, G1 MLP, Popples, you name it. Something about the soft colors and the all-around adorableness attracts me.
And also shows intended for toddlers, like PAW Patrol and Lion Guard, for the same reason.

Bullshit like Toddlers and Tiaras, watching train wreck mothers be terrible is like . . . well . . . a guilty pleasure! It's all crap, it's over the top dramatic and almost like having a otherworldly experience. This shit is just batshit crazy.

I mean I ain't watched Toddlers and Tiaras in years and years, but you get what I mean. Sometimes I just watch an episode or two of some reality TV series and just leave my body for an hour watching some mindless buffoonery take place before my eyes.

I like watching unscripted reality shows where the idiots be idiots and promptly get chewed the hell out over it. Shows like Hell's Kitchen, World's Strictest Parents, Kitchen Nightmares. It's so satisfying to watch delusional morons have their dreams of grandeur deconstructed, or irresponsible dolts getting called out for their stupidity.

Probably the Last Herald Mage trilogy by Mercedes Lackey. When I first read it years ago, I was firm in my own beliefs and how I thought. Since, I've been changed a bit (I'm much more open minded, especially since I'm reading all of her books, lol).

For me it's Tokyo Ghoul. I really don't mean to offend anyone by saying this, but I personally don't think it's well-written.

M'kay. First of all, the ONLY people you can offend by saying this, are the production staff and writers... Otherwise, it's just whiny snowflakes who take things far too personally. Don't ever feel bad about expressing your opinion. Art is subjective.

My guilty pleasure series is Riverdale. I used to read Archie comics as a kid (dated myself just now), so I started watching when it first dropped on Netflix. I was disappointed to find that it's an overtly edgy tween soap, but for some reason, I could not stop tuning in.

M'kay. First of all, the ONLY people you can offend by saying this, are the production staff and writers... Otherwise, it's just whiny snowflakes who take things far too personally. Don't ever feel bad about expressing your opinion. Art is subjective.
I mean... you're right, lol. But things can mean something different to everybody. Maybe one series speaks to someone in a way that another person will never understand.
I know it'd make me sad if I saw someone bashing a series that I love with all my soul, buuuut at the end of the day I know opinions are opinions and I do try not to take it personally. It's fine to like or dislike different things. I just don't want to be the person openly hating on something that may mean a lot to someone else.

...but yeah I still don't think Tokyo Ghoul is super well-written. :'))

Oh man, there are a bunch haha!
I love having some really corny, romance-driven, shows in my life. Usually they're poorly written and full of edgy/overdramatic moments, but it makes for a nice escape from reality and some laughs (especially during moments you're not supposed to laugh in but they're just unintentionally hilarious).

First ones that pop to mind:
- A Discovery of Witches
- Vampire Diaries
- True Blood
(I'm sensing a theme here, whoops)

And then more reality-based guilty pleasures that are equally stupid and equally funny.

- Dr. Phil
- Judge Judy

Dr. Phil especially helped me when my mental health was bad because I could always hold onto the fact that at least I wasn't as screwed up as these people they dredge up from the swamps for their show lol.

For me its BNHA and BATIM. The BNHA fanbase is a shitstorm, and it really wigs me out when grown ass adults draw nasty shit of minors and ITS EVERYWHERE. Also, its kinda creepy when grown men call characters like momo their "waifu" and whatnot. i also dont think it has the best writing in the world, but its mostly the fanbase for me.

as for batim, the game just... isnt good. i love bendy and think hes cute as a character, but thats about it. gameplay and story both suck.

For me its BNHA and BATIM. The BNHA fanbase is a shitstorm, and it really wigs me out when grown ass adults draw nasty shit of minors and ITS EVERYWHERE. Also, its kinda creepy when grown men call characters like momo their "waifu" and whatnot. i also dont think it has the best writing in the world, but its mostly the fanbase for me.

as for batim, the game just... isnt good. i love bendy and think hes cute as a character, but thats about it. gameplay and story both suck.
I wouldn't consider BnHA a guilty pleasure! I mean, of course that's how you feel about it and that's fine, but it's a good series imo. Maybe not phenomenal, but good. Just because a fandom is trashy doesn't mean that the source material is.
I mean, yeah - all the rabid shippers and weird, sketchy fanart is... upsetting, but none of that makes BnHA itself a bad thing.

I know hardly anything about BATIM so I can't talk about that one

For me it's definitely Darker than Black (at least the first season). The writing is far from the best but it had a couple interesting ideas that sort of made up for it.

Isn't that kind of behaviour pretty common in all fandoms based on shows focused on kids, though?

Not that that excuses that kind of behaviour obviously. I just think it's a tad weird to single out one fandom for it.

Isn't that kind of behaviour pretty common in all fandoms based on shows focused on kids, though?

Not that that excuses that kind of behaviour obviously. I just think it's a tad weird to single out one fandom for it.
Yeah, basically.
There are... interesting individuals out there in the world, and it doesn't matter what series you enjoy, it's going to attract some of those weirdos. Every fandom has sketchy parts to it. It'd be sad to write off a good series just because of the fans - who the creator of the original, canonical series has no control over.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back