Video Games Your first video game?

Ohhhh goodness I can't remember the name of it but it was a golf game for the original Nintendo and it would get me so livid because it was near impossible to get the birdie. I spent a many times slamming my controller down lol. Well I was around 5 at the time.

Pokemon Omega Ruby formally!

As in that is what got me playing consistently. In reality, my first game was a DS Fancy Nancy game...

Pokemon Silver if I recall correctly, I still remember catching my first Pokemon and from that point on my life was changed. xD Went on to play others like Pokemon TCG, Megaman games, etc on my Gameboy.

First online game was Maplestory and man do I miss those days; the soundtrack still gets me every time.

My first video game that I owned and did not play at a friend's house on their console was Pokemon Red/Blue (bought both at the same time, played Red first).

I remember the moment I got the game boxes and the Gameboy color device in my hands, ripped the box open, and played Pokemon Red in the car, at night, on the way home from Toys R Us where we got them from.

It was bliss.

First game that I have ever owned? It was New Super Mario Bros on the DS. I remember getting it on my 6th birthday....

As for the first game I ever played, it's hard to remember if it is either Metal Slug 4 or Raiden II. Whichever it was, those two games mean a lot to me, mainly because my father introduced me to them and we would play co-op. I was just a small 5 year old lad, so I was a burden. But stll, watching him play alone and breeze through the starting levels....it's something I hold dear.

I recently obtained the Metal Slug games (big fan of them now) on my Switch, along with obtaining the disc of Project Raiden, and.....it hurts to see him play. Age sucks, as he's no longer quick to react. But what warms my heart is that he still remembers the attack patterns, strategies, and weapons he prefers to pick up when playing.

Other than Mario games from a wandering old man renting a bunch of gameboy to kids, its probably the Silent Hill java phone game. To this day I still wary about toilet in horror games because of this one.

Half life 2 when I was like 8

A very advanced game for little amir

I did not even know what newgrounds was yet

How foolish I was

I am about to show my age here lol. First video game I ever PLAYED was Pong lol, along with Asteroid and Tank. My family did have an Atari.

Legends of Zelda Twilight Princess. Still my favorite Zelda game to date, but Majora's Mask is close behind (yes I played MM after TP)

Spyro the dragon. Was both the game that made me fall in love with video games and what made me fall in love with dragons. Had a lot of fun playing that trilogy as a little kid, which made the much later on remaster a few years back all the more nostalgic.

I vaguely remember playing this Lego racing game as a kid, haha. Other early memories are more obvious like Pokémon Yellow and Pokémon Sapphire!

This awoke some sorta memories that hit me like a ton of bricks.

I can't remember which came first, but it has to be either some NASCAR game that I played with my dad, or it was Spyro: Ripto's Rage. I can't have been more than 4-5 years old at the time.

The video game I remember playing first was Mario Kart 64 with my brothers

Going solo, the first game I remember playing was Vectorman on the Sega Genesis. I remember spending hours upon hours a day trying to beat that game, as I'm pretty sure that game didn't have a form of save file so a Game Over meant a complete restart

My grandparents bought me a Gameboy Advance SP back in the day [the one that folds?] and my grandma found this game called Lady Sia, I actually really loved the game. I enjoyed it so much I ended up buying it later for an old SP I was lucky enough to find on Ebay that actually worked. xD

I am about to show my age here lol. First video game I ever PLAYED was Pong lol, along with Asteroid and Tank. My family did have an Atari.
Oh, I am so with you in this department. Pong and Asteroid are great. I never played Tank, though.

So, first video game, eh? I will break the norm entirely in that my first official game was probably a DOS game called Lollypop or Jetpack (a video of each in a spoilers tag). Good times. So much frustration made up my early childhood, but afterward I will say it was easier.

Oh, I am so with you in this department. Pong and Asteroid are great. I never played Tank, though.

So, first video game, eh? I will break the norm entirely in that my first official game was probably a DOS game called Lollypop or Jetpack (a video of each in a spoilers tag). Good times. So much frustration made up my early childhood, but afterward I will say it was easier.

Nice to know another person who's familiar with those games lol. The ones you mentioned I wasn't too familar with. The only other 'games' I did were the games I did at School in Computer class. There was Where in the USA is Carmen Sandiego and Oregon Trail. So yeah early computer games.

Nice to know another person who's familiar with those games lol. The ones you mentioned I wasn't too familar with. The only other 'games' I did were the games I did at School in Computer class. There was Where in the USA is Carmen Sandiego and Oregon Trail. So yeah early computer games.
Omg I played where in the USA is Carmen San Diego haha small world.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back