Video Games Your first video game?

Are we talking Console or PC or? Definitely the first video game I've played and enjoyed was Warcraft 3. Still play that dinosaur to this day.

All I remember is that it was a pokemon game...can't remember which one though rip.

super Mario on the super Nintendo.
My granddaddy loved that super Nintendo. I shit you not he was playing meteoroid and had a heart attack. He sat there playing the game WHILE having a heart attack.

I really miss granddad.

Text based DOS games and Pong. Then I saved up my allowance money for a NES. NES was awesome. Mario bros and Duck hunt. I still hate that f*cking dog....

The first one I played and got addicted to was Galaga. There was a tabletop arcade game in the bar where my dad worked. mid 1990's sometime.

hmm hard question I think i will say prince of persia eventhough it might not be first that is the one that made most impact on me.

I see all these people starting off with quite good games, and then I look to myself and realised that I'm more of a minority than I thought.

Being born between the Windows 98 and Xp, the first video game I played was likely Windows Solitaire, Full Tilt! Pinball, minesweeper, or ms paint if you count that. At the time I was born, my family had no video games or console (though they might have had an Atari, but that wasn't set up), and only a computer, so the first video games I would be playing would be for the PC.

For the first games my parents got me, which were for the PC, it seems that I was born in that time where most parents didn't have much recognition for games, so I got what seemed familiar to them, which was shovelware for Disney and Nickelodeon things. I remember having a Scooby-Doo mystery game, a Mickey-Mouse adventure game, a Curious George Adventure Game, and multiple Tonka games.

I remember my first video game platform being the Playstation 2, and I played Spongebob and Simpson shovelware on it. However, I did get some good games like Road Rage and the Battlefronts. Later on, I got a gameboy advance. This is probably where I first got something not tied to something I already knew. I got Super Mario Bros 2 and 3, being the first Mario games I had.

Console games would seem to take up more space than PC, and that would stay like that for a long time. I still played some PC games like Star Wars: Empire At War. I also played online games like Bloon Tower Defence and games on sites like the Disney channel web page or the cartoon network web page. My family got a Wii and I started to play Wii games like Wii Sports. My first MMO would be Toontown, and I would be playing that for quite some time despite not having a subscription.

My gaming style would stay kinda stagnant for my early years until I became a teenager. I played video games, but I was not in the video game culture. I never watched let's plays and only very few tutorials. My games would be mostly shovelware with some broadly known video game franchises like Mario. I never got to play something like Pokemon. It would continue that way somewhat even when I had a WiiU and a 3DS.

Things greatly changed when I found one game in early 2013: Minecraft. From there, I found myself within the gaming culture. I got onto game forums, started to watch let's plays, went onto servers, and started to mod my games.

From then on, I've done a lot, I've got a steam account, and played hundreds of hours of other games, and delved onto other forums.

And there it is, my gaming history. I thought that it was something more similar to many people, but seeing many people say how their game was something like Mario or Pokemon, I've realised that I got quite the unique story. I'm not sure if I should be glad or sad for that.

Hmmm when I was 3 I begged my sister if I could play Pokemon yellow on the gameboy advance. Then i played and deleted her save file when she got a pikachu on the very first route which I believe is extremely rare. She was pissed.

Anyway that's the first game I remember playing.

The first game that I ever remember playing was A boy and his blob on the NES. Parents got it for me thinking it would be easy.. all I can remember was that it was not. Not at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back