Anime & Manga Your first EVER anime! ^^

First ever was this one that, simply put, was like Power Rangers but Samurais. No idea what it was called. Next would be Outlaw Star, Dragonball Series, Tenchi Muyo, and Trigun. Great classics.

EDIT: Ronin Warriors! Ty google

Last edited:
Mine was Sailor Moon back in middle school! To this day it still has a special place in my heart because it was the first time I had ever seen a character who acted just like me be treated in a serious light. It was the first anime I actually watched all the way through as a child, but I grew up in a very pro-anime house so sometimes as a little kid I'd watch stuff like Bleach or Trigun with my parents during dinner but it was only an episode or two.

Ghost stories, english dub 😅 when I was like eight years old back in 2007, my brother made me watch it

Ooh, haven't thought about this in a while. First one I ever watched was Full Metal Alchemist, since my mother and brother were watching Angel and I wanted to have my own show.
It probably would have been Samurai Jack if it wasn't for her boyfriend at the time

What was the first anime you ever watched? And what did you think of it?

Mine was Naruto. :D

I didn't know about anime at the time, but I really liked Sasuke (my first anime crush lol), and I also liked Sakura. *face-palm*

I was sooo scared when Jiraiya came in, because I thought my mom was going to think I was watching something bad. xD

Mine was Seven Deadly Sins

I just thought it should have had a higher rating than PG-13.

The first anime I watched was Blue Exorcist, I loved it when I was younger but slowly went towards other cartoons. I really got into Studio Ghibli’s productions and fell in love with their movies. Ponyo and Howl’s Moving Castle are my favorite. I still watch Studio Ghibli’s content till this very day, never really gets old for me! :3​

I don’t watch anime anymore, but my first was Angel Beats! It’ll always have a very dear place in my heart.

Technically mine was Pokemon....

But my first REAL anime was Rurouni Kenshin a long time ago. It was my favorite and still is my favorite to this day. It stood the test of time in my book and is just an incredibly well created Anime. Love the story and the characters. Sure the animation is old but the content is fantastic.

The first anime I ever truly was a fan of and finished was Inuyasha. And since then, I've been a fan of Asian period pieces. Also, I think reading all of the Chinese Inuyasha fanfiction really developed my love for writing and reading, and eventually, roleplaying.

Urotsukidoji. It was in sale among other "children's VHS".

If it has to be anime, then my first one was Akira.

Mine's Shugo Chara. Funny thing is that, I actually saw Pretty Cure in a kid magazine, but didn't know that it was an anime (I thought that it was a game ngl--) before finding Shugo Chara.

And Ikuto was actually my first childhood fictional crush. Like, those eyes tho. Oh, and also that moment when Amu was drinking milk after her bath and Ikuto came to her house? And he bit Amu's ear I and was like

WHOA

To be honest, ever since I found the manga of Shugo Chara, I had been a fan of Peach-Pit's works. And then when Peach-Pit made the horror manga, I was like "I love you and your work so much but I'm not brave enough to read horror WhY--"

P.s. I used to imitate Amu's transformations "HEART UNLOCK!" And just like twirled around as if I'm literally changing clothes and hairstyle. Ahhh... Now that I have delved into nostalgia, I'm feeling like making an OC for this series ahaha xD.

SPOILERS

And I just like..LIKE!! THE SCENE WHERE AMU IS WRAPPED IN BRIDE GOWN AND IKUTO AS A CAT PIRATE LIKE ARE THEY GOING MARRIED?! LIKE, PLEASE YESSS

Also, Amu is like really ship-able with any guy. Like, Amu with Tadase, Amu with Ikuto, and Amu with that samurai boy (that I think is younger than her?).

And Amu and Rima's friendship is like so supportive and ahhh..!!! I personally like Miki (the artistic Chara. She's Amu's) more than the rest of the Charas. Simply because I really like art and she was the most relatable to me. I also like El and Il (they're both Utau's. I also like their owner by the way. I once listened to one of her songs and was like <333).

I should prolly stop because this is getting so long-- But, hey, the question is asked after all 😂.

Dragon Ball Z and Ponyo! I didn't even think of them as "anime" until middle-high school. My parents thought Ponyo was soooo weird >> didn't like me watching it. (I watched it anyway. Religiously.)

My first anime was either Sailor Moon or Dragon Ball (Z), I can't remember, but they will always be in my top 10 animes! =)

If we want to go by dubbed, Pokemon.

If we want to go by subbed, Toradora.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back