Anime & Manga Your first EVER anime! ^^

Dragon Ball Z. #JustSaiyan

To be fair, when I was first introduced to it, I had no idea what anime even was, so I just figured DBZ was a really dope cartoon. Inuyasha is the first anime that I actually recognized as one.

I can't really say, probably the most difficult because when I was a young kiddo, I would watch a whole bunch of different anime at once, from Dragon Ball Z, to Hamtaro.

But in all honesty, it would have to be Cowboy Bebop, specifically because it was recommended to me as a start to get into the anime genre! It was really good :')

Spice and Wolf.
I was really young so I actually thought anime was "Chinese cartoons" and I had no idea what was going on, so I didn't really just skimmed it for like a day or two and then stopped.
Then I remembered it a few years later, watched it in full and was blown away. My interest in anime grew from there

Does Pokemon count? No?...During my teenage years I saw the OVA for "FAKE" on MTV's gay LOGO channel and I've been a Yaoi Fanboy ever since. The first anime SERIES I saw was "Gravitation" and it encouraged me to finally come out of the closet so my heart has a special place for it.

This is a hard one, cause I'm stuck between whether the Kanto Pokemon Series was a anime or cartoon, I had like a dozen episodes on VCR when I was 7 or something.

But I guess the earliest I can remember watching an anime was The Legend of the Legendary Heroes.

Pokemon definitely counts as an anime. Even if the dub was (and still is, I believe?) massively edited and Americanized it's still an animated work that originated in Japan and was and still is a gateway to the medium for lots of people.

I'm a little confused at the frequent sentiment in this thread that it somehow doesn't count.

My first was either DBZ or Sailor Moon. Can't remember which. From elementary days up into junior high pokemon was a big thing. Actually at one point had the original 150 memorized in pokedex order. I watched Hamtaro as well and got into more and more anime from there. Don't remember how old I was when I discovered Sailor Moon and DBZ.

Sailor Moon and DBZ (whichever I caught on Toonami first).
I think the first one I obsessed over, though, is a tie with Sailor Moon and Yu Yu Hakusho. Lol

The first anime that I watched and actually finished it was Inuyasha. It's still one of my top favourite and I would watch it again when I have some leisure time.
My first anime crush was
Bankotsu - the villain. I just fall for him the first time he came on screen - and will still fall for him again. XD

the 1st anime that i ever watched was inuyasha
i remember waking up on a summer day (i always woke up early) going down stairs when everyone was asleep
and watching it.
I came upon it on accident on adult swim. ahh memories befor inuyasha i used to watch nickalodeon; spongbob, amazing world of gumball.
but my all time fav anime is black butler <3

My first Anime was when I was six or seven. Because my memory isn’t all that clear of whitch one came first, it’s a toss up between Sonic X & Avatar: The Last Airbender

Pokemon or Digimon if they count. The time i first started getting into anime for real was of course *cringes* with naruto

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back