Anime & Manga Your first EVER anime! ^^

I feel old when I say this. My very first anime was Tenchi Muyo. It came on the same time as Sailor Moon and Dragon Ball Z on Toonami.

This topic brings back memories. Way back like... 8 years ago? When I was in 6th grade I watched Fruits Basket. I still want a season 2.

I started with Pokemon, then Digimon, Yu-Gi-Oh, then started making my way up the food chain when Adult Swim started.

My first anime was Sword Art Online. I think it's rather trashy now, but apparently I liked it enough back then for it to fuel my love for anime.

My first anime was Vampire Knight! I really liked it, but didn't get half of the plot because I was shit at reading subtitles, and I was switching a lot between sub and dub— it was a wreck. tbh I don't remember most of it but I kinda want to rewatch it lol.

Mine was also SAO on a friend's recommendation. I have good memories of the first bit but it was pretty trashy and also rather traumatizing, as people above have mentioned, especially towards the end. Somehow I still wanted to watch more anime after that, and I'm glad I did because I came across some amazing shows and I really love anime now. I'm an Otaku all the way~

First anime I seen must have been Yu-Gi-Oh or DBZ. When I properly got into it years later must have been Hellsing or BLEACH

My friend finally got me to watch Soul Eater. I thought it was pretty good; though the show has a near-universally hated ending. I honestly didn't think the ending was that bad; it kind of made sense in the context of the story. All of the characters are likable (while some are a bit annoying) *cough* black star *cough*.

I hear the Manga has a darker; though better written and more interesting ending, and from what I've heard the original writer of the anime was onboard with them changing to the new ending... apparently.

I started off on 5 Centimeters Per Second before I got into any TV shows. After that movie, I was sold that anime is amazing and I could never have enough emotional ties to it.

My first anime was the original sailor moon~ My parents got it for me on vhs since they wanted me to grow up watching shows that had a lot of different female protagonists since there tended to be a great deal of shows around that time which were either extras or just the love interest and not much else. I wound up loving it but I especially connected with Sailor Jupiter and Sailor Mercury.

Fairy Tail! So good.
I then made my friend watch Fairy Tail and some other anime. We're really into it now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back