Anime & Manga Your first EVER anime! ^^

Other than like Pokémon, my first anime, that got me on the road to this addiction, was Black cat. My mom had taken me to the library to get some DVD's because we didn't have regular tv, or internet and, I guess I saw the DVD and thought it was cool. Honestly, probably because it had a cat on it. I loved it. It was good.

DBZ I guess which I'm not sure if I consider anime or not... WIth the more stereotypical style I would probably have to say Trigun

Definitely Pokemon! But I feel like Pokemon, DBZ, etc. are pretty typical for a person’s first anime. Yu Yu Hakusho was the first anime to actually have an impact on me.

I guess the very first one I actually saw was Sailor Moon, actually. The first I watched with anyone was probably Pokemon, the first I ever watched from start to finish on my own was FLCL, and my favorite now is Monster.

First exposure? Hellsing Ultimate Ove Edition. My personal favorite anime of all time. Never got old for me. Its dynamic goes from slightly thrilling to off the walls fucking crazy in no time. It had me on the edge of my seat for the final episode.

I quit Girl Scouts so I could stay home on Saturday mornings and watch Pokemon.

So I can't tie a knot to save my life, but I can almost name all 150 original Pokemon in order. This talent has been surprisingly unhelpful in my adult life.

I saw like half-episodes of Sailor Moon before school in the mornings. The first one I sat down and saw all the way was Nodame Cantabile, an obscure (I guess?) music-school based thing.

When I was 12ish, my parents began to watch SAO. I had never watched an anime before. But every night, I lay in bed, plagued by the faint Japanese and distant music...so eventually, I got curious why they liked it so much, and watched my first anime: Sword Art Online.

In short, my parents made me a weeb through Sword Art Online. God bless.

technically, it's doraemon, since i watched a rerun of it when i was like 6 years old, but i didn't know it was anime at the time. my first real one was naruto

Thats a hard one to answer. I was a 90s child who grew up on all the old Americanized shows. I think my first would be either pokemon or digimon. Thinking waaaaay back to an early saturday morning when my cousin asked which i would prefer, because they both aired at the same time.

As for like, first series in japanese. The very first thing I ever saw was an episode of M.A.R, and I remember thinking, Why is this in another language, this is weird. I closed the tab.
Years later in junior high, I was watching bleach and decided to see if I could find the next episode online. Instead i found the next 200 episodes I didn't know existed. Then I found out that the voices in Japanese, along with the dialogue and acting, was much better. Thus my eyes were opened.

Dbz was the first ever anime I got introduced to, but cowboy bebop was the first anime I actually watched throughly and enjoyed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back