Anime & Manga Your first EVER anime! ^^

When I was about age 1-2, my grandparents had a large box television that I would watch cable TV on. I remember seeing the crow demon jewel splitting episode of Inuyasha, the engagement ring episode of Ruroni Kenshin, and a lot of other Cartoon Network, Toonami, and Adult Swim shows. My favorite episode, the intro song of which I still remember being awesome today, was the first episode of a series called Samurai Champloo. I remember thinking how I thought it was so much more interesting than anything else I'd been watching so far, because the characters seemed older and more complex. I can still remember Mugen losing the binge-eating contest to the foreigner in the hat, and that crazy break-dancing spin he does in the first episode that made my jaw drop.

Naruto thanks to cartoon Network when I was little, but the first one I've started from start to end would be bleach :p

Pokemon - if that's counted. Was fun at the time - not so much now.
Then Dragon Ball Z - that too was on Cartoon Network when I was little. I wasn't too taken, admittedly.
Then Naruto. Had heaps of fun with Naruto. Still a kind of goofy, guilty pleasure.

... really, the first that I actually watched Online was Claymore. It was interesting, but ... not too satisfying, I think.

Pokemon and Dragonball Z, on Cartoon Network.

Inuyasha on Toonami.

Hellsing over the Internet.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure on Crunchyroll.

Okay first I'd like to say, thank God for cartoon Network, and adult swim. As well as toonami. Because honestly if it wasn't for them anime wouldn't be as popular as it is today. I know I probably wouldn't have watched it. Now I can't tell you the first anime I've watched. Because my memory is terrible, and all jumbled up. I have flashes of wolf's rain, which I need to watch completely through, as well as many other anime. So I'd have to say it was between the following.
Dragonball z
Ruroni Kenshin
Yu Yu hakusho
Inyuyasha (Naraku was the first Villian I really liked, Seshomaru was also awesome)
Pokemon
Yugioh
Digimon
And I think I watched a bit of shamen king way back.
Oh also cowboy Bebop, big O, full metal alchemist (not brotherhood of course)
Oh, and it was probably way later but I remember watching death note on adult swim. But being a stupid kid I didn't care for death note, cowboy Bebop, or Big O. Now they are a few of my favorites. Except big O, I still need to rewatch it.

Also sorry for quoting you guys xD I just had to do it. So my mention of cartoon Network and what not seemed more necessary I guess. Lol

Last edited:
I really have no idea which was the absolute first but I remember watching Tokyo Mew Mew and Naruto almost ten years back. How nostalgic is that! :'D

It was either Code Geass or Death Note because I watched them around the same time that I can remember clearly, but I think the very first was either Dragon Ball Z, Zoids (the first series), or one of the Gundam series.

i don't remember the anime that i technically watched first [as i was rlly young at the time] but i started off with naruto, pokemon, sailor moon and rozen maiden cx
my sister was the one who got me into anime from a young age so i would watch these with her :3

Either Pokemon or Yu-Gi-Oh, can't remember which was first. I thought and still think they're fantastic.

I still have mine somewhere, plus my cards. All hidden, most likely, in the depths of my cluttered closet. cries.
lmao rip i never had the cards but a family friend did so we'd always play whenever i went around to theirs (tho i'd always lose aha)

lmao rip i never had the cards but a family friend did so we'd always play whenever i went around to theirs (tho i'd always lose aha)
Some friends and I would play in my electronics class in high school. It was where the nerds united. And it was beautiful. teardrop.

Some friends and I would play in my electronics class in high school. It was where the nerds united. And it was beautiful. teardrop.
wow that sounds great :') not that many people in my class watch anime, but it's more than my primary school so phew cx

Rosario + Vampire.
Worst thing to watch if you're still technically a fetus
RIP my Childhood

(TT^TT)

Fullmetal Alchemist. I'm not sure how I managed to stick through it, but I'm glad I did. It's still one of my favorite animes to date.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back