Anime & Manga Your first EVER anime! ^^

I haven't got a clue which one I watched first, but I know Inuyasha and Dragon Ball Z was always on tv, then others sorta piled on. So one of those two!

Technically, it was Pokemon and Yu-Gi-Oh, back in the days of bad 4kids dubs.
But my first not-for-little kids anime was Vampire Knight, of all things.

Mine was Sailor Moon and Inuyasha as I can't remember which one I saw first but it was one of them

The first anime I actively got into and watched myself (versus "oh, this show is on, may as well") is either Yu Yu Hakusho or Shaman King. Probably Yu Yu Hakusho, because the original dub for Shaman King was horrible and I mostly remember the manga for it.

Definitely Naruto, thank you Cartoon Network

Although probably one of the first animes I sought out to watch was also Puella Magi
Was a very fun and interesting watch as a middle school girl

OMGGG okay okay so, my first ever anime was Sailor Moon, though it was accompanied by Pokemon. My Dad and his sister had watched these animes together when they were younger, and one day they kinda tossed an episode or two of each for nostalgia, and little 7 or 8 year old me was like "This... this is... beautiful!" XD so yeah, I picked up those two from my Dad and Aunt, and as I kept watching them, I started picking up other animes, like Dragon Ball Z, and look at me now, I'm a damn weeb! Lmfao XD

Mine is sprited away! Though I don’t know if that’s considered an anime for some reason.

For some reason I thought it was made in America ;-;
Hmm, I don't know if it is or not, but either way, an anime can be American as well! Anime is just the Japanese word for animation. No matter how you define the word though, there have been American writers and Japanese produces for anime, and there are tons of other countries that make anime as well!

I did look it up though, and Spirited Away was made in Japan, I do believe that it's more popular among Americans though.

soul eater! i remember when it came on toonami and i would watch it religiously, it's still one of my favorite animes to date

I was gonna say Inuyasha but I just remembered that I used to watch anime as a kid too...Lady Georgie was my first ever anime.

I’m pretty sure Yu-Gi Oh 5D was my first anime. I’d just watch it with my brothers and we’d try to re-create the battles even though we never really understood the mechanics of “life points” because we were way too young. We kinda just agreed over the more badass looking monster beating the other average looking ones.

Oh man, Ginga Densetsu Weed was my first anime. We're talking early 2000s youtube 4 part videos with no English dub on borrowed computers. Suuuper niche sequel to a show I never watched, probably only like 3 people's first anime hahaha. Followed by the movie Sword of The Stranger, Naruto, random dvds of Yu-gi-oh, Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood and Soul Eater. I have watched so much anime but those were the main ones of my early days :bishiesparklesl::closed eyes open smile:

i guess Death Note was my first anime....
I remember binge watching it with my eyes glued to the screen like L lmao
I'm pretty sure that was also the first anime i finished in 1 day!

My first anime was Black Butler…followed closely by OHSHC and Death Note lol. I watched shows super fast 😂

Right off the bat, I wanted to say "Sailor Moon" because that was high school days (for me) when I first remember seeing it. But then I remember that Cartoon Network, before they had Adult Swim, did have some nights where they showed old school anime. Speed Racer and G-Force (Science Ninja Team Gatchaman) were the ones that I first ever saw (without knowing they were anime).

Technically dragon ball but that was as a kid. The anime that got me truly into anime when I was older was a combination of the Pokemon XYZ anime (I really needed to watch that Greninja v Charizard fight to the point I watched it with eng sub) and Hunter x Hunter from Adult Swim.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back