Anime & Manga Your first EVER anime! ^^

Um...I dunno if I can remember that far back

I know my first few anime(s) were Full metal alchemist, Sailor moon, Inuyasha and bleach

I used to watch all four over and over before I got majorly into anime

and for a long time I was all over watching all types of genres

before I lost interest in anime and asian dramas took my heart.

*went to look up dates*

Okay yeah Sailor moon was my first anime if I go by dates and my age..and when I think I got into anime...

Bleach, it was Bleach. I can't believe I finished the series too. It got really cr*py towards the end but I had to finish it. I had to know what happens to Ichigo.

my first ever anime was Ouran High School Host Club! I remember I watched it dubbed and also that I kept having to google what the 'symbols' meant (the anger symbol, the sweatbeads on face, etc.) I think it was a great anime to start off with because it was funny and interesting without a heavy plot!

Mine was Inuyasha. I was only eight or nine at the time and I had no idea what "anime" even was. I was kind of hesitant to watch it at first due to the mild swearing everyone's favorite half-demon did. XD 

I think either Howl's Moving Castle or Ponyo were my second introduction to anime. Now that's where I started getting interested. I blame it on Studio Ghibli for sucking me in. 

First ever ever would probably be either Mazinger Z or Gatchaman.

But by choice (so not because it was on TV) would be K-On. 

So if we're talking about shows, I THINK it was Tokyo Mew Mew (shut the fuck up before you even say anything I was 12 fuck off) but it might have been Shugo Chara (see previous note). I watched both. If we're talking about first anime ever watched, I think it was the most adorable love story of all time, Laputa: Castle In The Sky. BEAUTIFUL

When I was about age 1-2, my grandparents had a large box television that I would watch cable TV on. I remember seeing the crow demon jewel splitting episode of Inuyasha, the engagement ring episode of Ruroni Kenshin, and a lot of other Cartoon Network, Toonami, and Adult Swim shows. My favorite episode, the intro song of which I still remember being awesome today, was the first episode of a series called Samurai Champloo. I remember thinking how I thought it was so much more interesting than anything else I'd been watching so far, because the characters seemed older and more complex. I can still remember Mugen losing the binge-eating contest to the foreigner in the hat, and that crazy break-dancing spin he does in the first episode that made my jaw drop.

Last edited by a moderator:
Eh, I remember Naruto and Pokemon airing on TV when I was small. But I never really followed it. After that I watched Spirited Away and Howl's moving castle not knowing what anime was.

The first series I ever watched after officially introducing myself to the wonderful world of anime was Fruits Basket, then SAO and then Fairytail along with OHSHC. 

I don't watch anime anymore, though I did go through a stage where I'd binged it. My first anime was AoT (Attack on Titan).

Last edited by a moderator:
giphy.gif

While the concept of Anime was introduced to me in the form of Sailor Moon, the first anime I truly watched was DBZ. 

My first ever must have been Cardcaptor Sakura.

The first anime I watched knowing it was anime was Wolf's Rain. I watched it patiently on a dial up connection. Then it just spiralled from there.

My two first animes were Sailor Moon and Dragon Ball (they were both on around the same time so not sure). To this day I still have a soft spot for Shounens and Shojo Mangas/Animes even though I don't see as many of them lately.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back