Anime & Manga Your first EVER anime! ^^

I believe my first anime was Dragon Ball Z. Exceptionally lightweight, I know.

It was 1990-something, Cape Breton, Nova Scotia. YTV was the only channel airing anything remotely close to anime on standard cable. I am certain it started with DBZ, but they also aired Escaflowne and Gundam Wing.

I didn't really watch Escaflowne, but I watched DBZ religiously. That led me to taking Gundam Wing more seriously, and now Wing is my favorite animated show, period.

Boy, I really haven't watched much in terms of anime, but...

Does Sonic X count? I watched it as a kid, I loved the fact that the characters from my favorite videogame franchise were in a show on TV. Looking back at it now I still enjoy it, but I may have been overhyped about it as a child.

First anime I can remember deliberately watching? Robotech. Yeah , the Harmony Gold cartoon that used to air on local stations back when they still broadcast television over the airwaves. Hey, we only had three working channels back then and we took our after-school cartoons where and when we found 'em. I thought it was weird but I wound up liking the story.

The first one I watched that wasn't just because nothing else was on: Fist of the North Star. Also weird, along with over-the-top but with elements of cool in there too. Anime is a mixed bag for me. There's a lot that just weirds me out and I'm like "no thanks" but I dig it sometimes.

My first anime was either Angel Beats or Neon Genesis Evangelion. I can’t really remember which one. But!! I’m pretty sure I was 8 when I first watched it.

It was probably Speed Racer or Ronin Warriors.

Dragon Ball Z, Cardcaptor Sakura, Sailor Moon, even Pokemon came a little later for me.

I think the first anime I ever watched but never realized it was an anime had to be the horrible English Dubbed Sailor Moon from the early 1990s. It would come on every morning before school. That's just the only one I remember before DBZ, Yu Yu Hakusho and a few others really drew me in.

The one I remember? Jojo’s Bizarre Adventures, this is just my opinion, but it was kinda boring to me, don’t hurt me pl0x, I’m babey 🥺

Pokemon, digimon, and spirted away were my childhood ones, but once i got netflix the first thing i watched was ouran high school host club. ive also seen soul eater, and started vampire knight.

My first ever anime was Sailor Moon.
I grew out of watching anime when I was around 16-18, but I still love Sailor Moon to this day.

Other than anything Studio Ghibli though. I still watch all those like a religion. ♥

Kiki's Delivery Service, Totoro, and Spirited Away. I was very young when I watched these so I am not sure which one came first. Still love Ghibli and rewatch Spirited Away every so often. :D

Not counting the Pokemon Anime, mine was Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood. It was also my last. Not because I hated it (I loved it) but because I haven't seen any other ones that catch my interest.

I'd say the first time I've seen anime would be dragon ball z most likely. During the Namek arc.

Mine was when i was in 2nd grade, and i watched Glitter Force. I even RolePlayed as Glitter Sunny 😂

A friend of mine in middle school was really into anime, whereas I had never heard of it before meeting her. She had me watch the entirety of Oran High School Host Club in a weekend. I liked it a lot!

Naruto, I hated all characters but Kakashi at the time. Still love him tho, the most charismatic anime character in my eyes heh.

I think it was Sailor Moon for me on Fox or UPN as a kid. But it's funny because I didn't even realize it was anime at the time. I thought it was just another cartoon. Soon, I started seeing other animation of a similar style and realized that it was a different kind of category. Then some friends shared other amazing anime like Tenchi Muyo and Fatal Fury and I was so hooked.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back