Anime & Manga Your first EVER anime! ^^

Technically, it was Teen Titans. I didn't know it was an anime, though. I just liked Robin's spikey hair.

I was friend with the stereotypical 'quiet kid' in school. He asked if I'd watch something with him.

We sat down and watched Elfen Lied.

Okay, so I feel like most people wouldn't call this on an anime, but I believe it is.

My first ever Anime was Wakfu.
It's a series I found when I was young. At the time, it didn't have an English dub, and my parents made me stop watching it. A few years later, I find it got an English dub. So I binge watched the HELL out of it. Then another 2 years later, a third season comes. I swear to god when I saw that it was getting a third season, I started screaming, "WAKFU SEASON 3!! WAKFU SEASON 3!!" And my dad thought I was crazy.
((Which I am))
The show brought me so much joy throughtout my life, and it has an amazing story. If you haven't seen it, I do suggest you watch it! It's an Netflix Original Anime that has gone under the radar, and I wish it got noticed more as a work of art, because In my eyes, it's a wonderful series that more people should know about.

Anyways, that's my first ever Anime ^-^

My first anime ever was Hetalia Axis Powers.

I thought it was so good because I always loved history and of course it was funny!! I haven’t seen much Anime but I thought that one was super good!

I've heard a ton about that one but have never watched it. Maybe I shall break and give it a try. Did you watched Subbed or English Dub? (Both?)

I watched it with English Dub like 6 years ago or something. Unfortunately I have no idea where I found it so I can’t lead you the way but would definitely recommend!
I vaguely recall the accents from the dub being ear-bleeding. I'll have to give it a fair shot anyway! :)

Funny enough, the titular character that is my current avatar: InuYasha. I don't remember when it was but I recall sleeping and waking up to an episode of InuYasha and instantly fell in love with it.

The first one I've watched in it's entirety, despite not having been a finished anime, was Inuyasha. I'm sure I've seen bits of Dragonball and Pokemon before, but I don't count those, otherwise my first likely isn't something I will ever remember. I was surprised I was able to remember Inuyasha being my first completed anime.

mine was blue exorcist. i found it really thrilling and endearing and it holds a special place in my heart. i might revisit it during quarantine...

DBZ or Naruto, depends on how you look at it. I watched DBZ when I was very young and didn't even know what anime was. Naruto was the first one I deliberately chose to watch knowing it was an anime.

My first anime was Dragon Ball! I love it once my father introduced me to it then I started to watch Naruto and other anime. Now I listen to the openings/endings while drawing ^^

I believe my first anime was Dragon Ball or Inuyasha.
I was a while ago honestly.
All I remember was they used to show anime on friday nights on YTV. Those were both in the line up so it was one or the other.

My first was, technically, parts of Pokemon!

The first I watched in full was Ginga Densetsu Weed, I believe. I hated anime for a long time, actually. It's not my favorite sort of media, still, but I am very fond of Revolutionary Girl Utena.

Although mine was a movie it was Princess Mononoke, great fucking movie for anyone who hasn't seen it.

i think mine was either naruto, bleach, or fruit basket? i stopped watching for a while and then started back up in like 2012, and now i can’t stop.

Smile Precure, if I’m being technical. The first one I watched actually knowing what anime was was Madoka Magica.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back