Anime & Manga Your first EVER anime! ^^

Besides Pokemon, it was probably Sword Art Online (which I only saw three episodes of) or Yuki Yuna is a Hero.

My first anime I watched was Hetalia. My older sister introduced it to me. I loved it. It made me become very invested in history class and made me seek out many other animes. To this day, Hetalia is, and will always be my favorite anime. You could say it's special to me in a weird way.

Mine was Hokuto no Ken (Fist of the North Star) when I was about seven. Dad was showing signs of becoming a weeb when the states were just getting anime
and brought it home one day and we watched it. Probably not something to show a kid, but here I am wearing Jojo Bizarre memes on a shirt in 2019.
So thanks Pops.

Sailor Moon, the original 90's one. I loved Rei because of her hair >.> I was 4. My mom made me stop watching it because of the 'anime tears' thing, she thought it was a bad influence and i'd cry for everything.
First one after that, when I was old enough to actually process what was happen past pretty hair and rainbow transformations was Inu Yasha.

Anohana: The Flow We Saw That Day
Tbh, I felt really nostalgic after spotting it on the "Anime" section of Netflix the other day. I should find some time to sit down & re-watch.

Anime was banned from my house when I was very young so I'd try and sneak to watch Zoids when Toonami still looked cool. However, the first anime I finished was Death Note. I remember when we got the DVR, I'd try to record them and then quickly delete them as soon as I could before my family saw them, ha.

Saw bits and pieces, but Pokémon was my first exposure as a kid, and later watched abridged series without seeing the original. Eventually decided I should sit down and start binging some shorter shows, and my first real taste was either Death Note or Baccano. Go back now and then to make sure I’m not wearing nostalgia goggles, but I still love them and think they hold up even after I’ve gotten more exposure and different taste.

Aside from Pokemon and Sailor Moon when I was a kid, I don't remember my first manga too much. I was ~12 or so, and my friend reccomended it to me. It was BL, and my first real experience with any lgbt rep in anything aside from making my girl sims kiss. I was raised super catholic so I already felt bad enough about that

Then I got to a chapter that was not so Pg-13

Both of us dropped it at the same time and didn't speak a word of it until we were in high school

But later on I watched Death Note which was cool

I forget if Studio Ghibli movies are considered anime? If they are then The Secret World of Arietti was mine XD If not, then BNHA, which is kind of my only anime experience XD

Probably Pokemon the dubbed version, but I was like young at the time probably like 9 or 8 and I didn’t know it was anime. So for actual subbed Anime I’d say Shugo Chara or Fruits Basket I can’t remember which. But I believe I read Shugo Chara first, and then later I started watching anime because of Fruits Basket.

I mean technically it would have been Sailor Moon when I was a child. I was obsessed. Still am lol. But I didn't know what anime was then.
First anime where I knew it was an anime was Shugo Chara when it first started.

Hmm... I think my first was either Noragami or Gargantia on the Verdurous Planet. I'm pretty sure it was Noragami though.

Inuyasha and Samurai Champloo.

I don't remember which came first. I just remember that when my parent's were having friends over, I would sometimes get the chance to stay up and watch cartoon network. After a certain time, adult swim would come on, and around 11pm they always played Inuyasha and Samurai Champloo. This is probably the reason why I have a deep love for anime and manga set in fuedal Japan.

I would have to say that my first ever anime experience was dubbed Pokémon on Saturday mornings from the TV while eating cereal. Good times!

The first one I finished was Death Note, as that was one of the only mangas fully published in my language, since the market is tiny here. The first one I watched was probably Naruto.

The first anime I ever watched was Studio Ghibli's Ponyo, followed by My Neighbor Totoro, then Pokemon. I recently started watching Revue Starlight.

Pokemon dub if we're counting it and it's so nice to see how many others also technically started with that. However, the first anime I actually watched, with subs, whilst realising it was an anime at all (I used to think Pokemon was just a cartoon like any other cartoon) was Tokyo Mew Mew (and I was and am still very against the dub of this one xp ick!).

Mine was detective Conan! Or I think the English version was call cased closed? It was a super localized version of the show, changing the names and everything but I got the discs for free, so who am I to complain. Sherlock meets anime, it’s a good murder mystery/crime show. Still ongoing!

Mine was ao no exorcist.
I watched it last year with my ex, until we broke up shortly after X'D
Then I watched Noragami and it stayed one of my favorite animes to this day, together with SAO, Tokyo ghoul and a few others ^^

Users who are viewing this thread

Back