What's new

Anime & Manga Your first EVER anime! ^^

Deafinition

.:Insert title here:.
I think the first anime series I ever watched was bleach? (Might have been naruto, I don’t remember. Since I got into both of them around the same time.)

Back then, all I could think was, “Woah! Cool! Dude meets girl with superpowers to slay monsters!”

FishFin

The fishiest of them all
Mine was technically Kino's Journey (a super obscure show with only one season, as far as I remember. The only thing I remember from the show is that there was a talking motorcycle), as it's the first show I ever finished. But I like to say Soul Eater, as that was the first anime I had ever laid my eyes on. Take your pick! (btw I finished Soul Eater once I got older; I was like, 5 when I first saw an episode of it)

I remember that the first anime i saw was Tokyo Ghoul and finished the first season in like 2 days. The soundtracks, storyline and the characters were all just too good. I instantly fell in love with Rize and Kaneki. For some odd reasons i have never actually liked Touka. Overall, tokyo ghoul was enoughto get me hooked to the whole anime world

If you mean anime in general, I think it was Pokemon. Could have been Digimon, but I think it was Pokemon.
As for the first anime I saw when I actually knew what anime was, that was Tokyo Mew Mew. I remember seeing a clip online and thinking it looked fun. I ended up binging the entire series in 2 days. Naruto followed after that, and I’ve stuck in dweeb hell ever since. The 2000’s had some pretty good anime!

Bleach was my first one. I got hooked.

I think I've seen almost 200 series since then or around that. I have more on my list and watch a whole bunch every season,

I legit asked my fiance when we first started dating if it bothered her, since it's not her thing but she has no issues with it. (phew) haha

Jenxi

Gundam Geek
DragonBall. Strangely, I'm not that into the series despite watching it several times, because that was on TV and nothing else was available back in those days. I've also read the manga just to read it but it didn't captivate me like other series did.

ManofManyRoles

Fantasy and Sci-fi Enthusiast
It'd have to be somewhere between Pokemon, Yu-gi-oh, and Digimon. I can't remember which I started first, but damn did it captivate my young attention span. After I started one, the others followed suit.

G4hardcore

Avant-Garde Artist
It'd have to be somewhere between Pokemon, Yu-gi-oh, and Digimon. I can't remember which I started first, but damn did it captivate my young attention span. After I started one, the others followed suit.
I didn’t even see your post until after I wrote mine hahaha safe to say we are 90s babies tho lol

nowSERENITY

These woods, I've seen them somewhere.
My first three exposures to anime were in this order:

Sailor Moon ( before school, UPN, when I was about five)

Vampire Hunter D ( middle of the night, SYFY, when I was eight or so)

Revolutionary Girl Utena (borrowed VHS from a friend, age twelve)

And that list explains alllll kinds of things about me as a person.

Dragon Ball, Sailor Moon and Gundam Wing. They all played on YTV late at night!! Gundam Wing came on at 3am! I would record it on VHS! Dragon Ball and Saw Moon can on in the evenings so I got to see them!!

Man Digimon came later for me in my teens but DAMN IT did I have feels for Digimon...!!! XD

Mooniee

Nico Nico No
I’m trying to remember what exactly my first anime was. Obviously not counting the episodes of Pokémon I would watch whenever it was on CN. I think it was Fruit’s Basket, which is one of the reasons I’m extra hyped for the remake.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)