Anime & Manga Your first EVER anime! ^^

What was the first anime you ever watched? And what did you think of it?

Mine was Naruto. :D

I didn't know about anime at the time, but I really liked Sasuke (my first anime crush lol), and I also liked Sakura. *face-palm*

I was sooo scared when Jiraiya came in, because I thought my mom was going to think I was watching something bad. xD
It's probably way too late to respond to this, but my first anime, if I remember correctly, is InuYasha. It taught me some interesting words that I realized were bad too late. xD

Pokemon and spirited away. Thats a lot of peoples firsts so other than that, I'd have to say black butler.

My first ever was Bastard.

I am still absolutely in love with it and I even named my first cat after one of the main characters.

Spirited Away was my first anime, and will remain my favorite to this day. It invokes a lot of nostalgia for me, being my real into into anime and probably the seed for my love of it.

When I was really young, I do remember seeing shows like Dragonball and Sailor Moon, but never made the connection to them as anime. The first time I heard the term Anime was during a broadcast on a local station, KTEH. Every Sunday, they would air a brief block of unedited, sometimes fully subtitled anime late at night. It was here that I first saw Tenchi Muyo, probably a good 3-4 years before it would air on Cartoon Network, and was immediately hooked. I'd also see stuff like Evangelion, Urusei Yatsura, and Key the Metal Idol, but I will always consider Tenchi Muyo to be my first true "Anime," and the first Anime I'd see from beginning to end, whereas most everything else I saw before that I'd only see the occasional episode.

My first anime was either Sailor Moon or Cardcaptor Sakura back when they were airing on television. Didn't know what anime was at the time, though! xD

Oh gosh, so many years ago! :neutralteeth: Mine was Soul Eater! I had stayed up later than usual and saw an episode playing so I thought -why not? I went deeper into the hole from then on! I regret nothing!!

My family used to watch Kiki's delivery service and My neighbor Totoro but the first series I watched was Blue Exorcist. At the time I thought it was good but shonen anime aren't really my thing anymore.

My very first anime was Persona 4: the Animation. At the time, I had just finished playing the game and I thought it would be fun to watch the anime.

Card Captor Sakura, Ranma 1/2 or Yu Gi Oh... and all of Ghibli's films. I was about 6 and only saw them 'cause they had them in every Children's TV channel in my country.

Death Note when I became sentient enough to Know what anime was... I was 13 and went down the whole rabbit hole then haha. 10 years later, still can't stop

Digimon, or Dragon Ballz Z. I loved them both so much and I had several DBZ games and I watched the Digimon Movie when it was relatively new.

My first anime was the original Sailor Moon, and I gotta say it's best viewed through nostalgia googles... A friend and I recently tried to watch it again and even armed with a bottle of wine didn't make it more than three episodes in.

Like 1:30 of an episode of Girls Und Panzer, probably the most likely anime I would like. It was not so! I don't think anime is for me :xFtongue:

My first anime?

Right away, the first show I want to say is Bleach. But, for anyone who grew up in the 90s - early 2000s its more likely to be either Pokemon, or Dragonball Z.
I watched those, but never thought of them as anime. It's was all just cartoons in my mind, which I guess they really are. Just different styles.

The first show I recognized as an anime and sat down to watch. . .

Sword Art Online
I didn't have a particular interest in it to begin with. My girlfriend at the time was watching it while I was in the same room playing World of Warcraft.

There's a part in one of the early episodes where a bunch of low level players attack Kirito and he just stands there and eats the damage.
When he started saying stuff like
"Your damage is X every second and my health regen is X every second, we could stand here all day and you couldn't kill me"

That sucked me in. I think I logged off right after that and told her to start over.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back