Anime & Manga Your first EVER anime! ^^

When I was a little kid, my dad had lots of old tapes in the basement. I would grab some, and hi-jack the VSR when no one was around. So, I ended up starting with Dragon Ball Z. This happened before I even knew what anime was, and before I had a computer of my own. When I finally started calling the shots on what I could watch, I started with Full Metal Alchemist and Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood. I finished those two as my first two anime series - including OVAs. Good times!

Speed Racer followed by Dragon Ball Z and Winged Gundam. After that Evangelion (even though I watched others like Tenchi Muyo!, Ah! My Goddess, Lupin III, Pilot Candidate, etc... Eva stood out the most during that time period).

Pokemon and Digimon were my firsts. If we're counting Sailor Moon...then I watched that as a kid as well.

Then...Death Note and Wolf's Rain at 19.

Black Blood Brothers and Inuyasha a few years after I turned 19 and I became hooked on anime.

First anime I watched all the way through was Angel Beats, as my sister recommended it to me, and had it on DVD. After crying for an hour I decided to watch other anime

I've always been watching cartoons as a kid. I think my first exposure to anime was Pokemon or Sailor Moon. I was too young to follow any story lines. But when I started watching Cardcaptor Sakura, I was instantly hooked. I think I could just relate more to the younger protagonist, Sakura, than to Ash or Usagi/Serena.

the first ever anime i watched was black butler, i'm pretty sure. i remember finding the dub on youtube around 5 or so years ago and getting frustrated that i couldn't find anymore dubs past episode 5 because i thought it was so hard to read subtitles and watch at the same time lmao but i eventually got used to it and prefer subs for most animes.

My very first anime is something I can't remember to be honest. I've watched too many since then and it's become a blur. My favorite anime when I began watching is definitely Code Geass. I love mech wars, and the merged story of both CG seasons was amazing. I heard there was a new Code Geass season coming out but haven't checked it out yet...

I feel like everyone will hate me when I say it.

Yes... My first anime was Diabolik Lovers.

Shoot me, please.

I only had two, at the time. And those were Weiss Kreuz and Magic Knight Rayearth. Good god, I remember how I memorized every single spell in Rayearth. Every single one...

Maybe this will put a date on me, but Fullmetal Alchemist. Not Brotherhood, the first one.

At least, that's the first one that introduced me to what animé was. Had it recommended by a friend, and then I was assaulted with people singing in Japanese in the intro, and getting the hang of the subtitles.

Of course when I was younger I watched pokémon and digimon and other things like that, though just the odd episode I caught on TV. As far as I knew they were just more cartoons.

Obviously, I now realise that the digimon English dub is a treasure.

Toradora was my first. It was kinda odd for me, but watching it back is so heartwarming. Oh, and then I watched One Punch Man. I didn't watch anything like Naruto or Jojo's bizarre adventure, so I didn't really understand what the hell was going on, but re-watching it makes me think 'This just makes fun of ever other anime ever'

Users who are viewing this thread

Back