TV & Film your fav childhood cartoon

i was really into ben ten, johnny test, and tom and jerry when i was a kid. now i mainly just watch live action stuff but those hold a fond place in my heart.

Honestly, I watched a lot of Yu-gi-oh. It would come onto TV, and I would just watch it on one of those really old crappy cable TVs after school every time that it came on, that and Sailor Moon.

Definitely one of my favorite childhood cartoons would have to be Spongebob Squarepants. Even today I still love to watch the old episodes and travel back in time to when I watched them as a kid. I was also very fond of Fairly Oddparents, and I also watched The Pink Panther, and everything related to Winnie the Pooh. The cartoon I remember the most as a 6-7 year old was My Friends Tigger & Pooh, but I had a lot of Winnie the Pooh movies on DVD, like The Tigger Movie, Piglet's Big Movie and The Heffalump Movie.

I also remember watching Sonic X, probably the only anime I watched as a kid. I watched it mostly because Sonic was my favorite videogame franchise, and I thought it was so cool that there was a show starring the main cast from my favorite videogames.

I was one of those kids who watched a lot of PBS Kids, so stuff like Clifford, Dragon Tales, CyberChase, It's a Big Big World, Curious George and others were a part of my childhood as well.

All of those were early childhood. Around the age of 11 I watched MLP for the first time, and that went on to be my favorite cartoon during my teenage years. During that stage of my life I was still heavily into cartoons, so I enjoyed stuff like The Amazing World of Gumball, Phineas and Ferb, Kick Buttowski, Pucca, etc.

So overall I guess I'd split my favorite cartoons in two groups: The ones I watched during my early childhood (2000's), and the ones I watched as a teen (2010's), since I really never grew out of cartoons. The only difference now is that I also like certain animes.

Last edited:
Mine are Tom and Jerry, Transformers (On disk). Not much that is my two favorites.

As a kid I loved to watch Powerpuff Girls, Dexter's Lab, and Looney Toons. But mostly I remember getting excited to turn on the tv early on a Saturday morning and just binge the shows until lunchtime.

Good times.

Childhood cartoon? Johnny Test probably. Big fan of the Twins and their experiments.

There’s also Total Drama if I was going into the more teen route.

When I was growing up, my town/area didn’t really have any new cartoons airing. And if they did, it just wasn’t aired on local cable so I never got to watch any Disney specials. It was always just re-runs of old cartoons. So I grew up a lot on Hanna-Barbera cartoons like The Flintstones, Yogi Bear, The Jetsons, and Scooby-Doo. I didn’t mind though, the humour might have been dated, but the art style was really cool.

I’m a child of the 80‘s. Some of the cartoons I remember fondly are Care Bears, Rescue Rangers, The Raccoons, Ghostbusters, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. Garfield…. And I think the last one I can recall was called The Gummi Bears.

Mostly I ended up watching a lot of Yu-Gi-Oh! Or similar. Not often enough to get a bearing on the actual plot, considering the TV was often in use, but enough that I can pick out a couple characters if you were to line them up.

Definitely one of my favorite childhood cartoons would have to be Spongebob Squarepants. Even today I still love to watch the old episodes and travel back in time to when I watched them as a kid. I was also very fond of Fairly Oddparents, and I also watched The Pink Panther, and everything related to Winnie the Pooh. The cartoon I remember the most as a 6-7 year old was My Friends Tigger & Pooh, but I had a lot of Winnie the Pooh movies on DVD, like The Tigger Movie, Piglet's Big Movie and The Heffalump Movie.

I also remember watching Sonic X, probably the only anime I watched as a kid. I watched it mostly because Sonic was my favorite videogame franchise, and I thought it was so cool that there was a show starring the main cast from my favorite videogames.

I was one of those kids who watched a lot of PBS Kids, so stuff like Clifford, Dragon Tales, CyberChase, It's a Big Big World, Curious George and others were a part of my childhood as well.

All of those were early childhood. Around the age of 11 I watched MLP for the first time, and that went on to be my favorite cartoon during my teenage years. During that stage of my life I was still heavily into cartoons, so I enjoyed stuff like The Amazing World of Gumball, Phineas and Ferb, Kick Buttowski, Pucca, etc.

So overall I guess I'd split my favorite cartoons in two groups: The ones I watched during my early childhood (2000's), and the ones I watched as a teen (2010's), since I really never grew out of cartoons. The only difference now is that I also like certain animes.
Anyone who Remembers Kick Buttowski is officially a legend.

danny phantom GIF

Danny Phantom.

Samurai Jack, The Powerpuff Girls and Dexter's Laboratory. They were the best!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back