• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Your Beauty Never Scared Me

She frowned and just nodded, listening to him, seeing how much weight he’d lost and frowned “wait here okay? I’ll be right back.” She murmured, going out to where max was. “Is there any dinner? I just wa-“ she never got to finish her sentence as max was on her in a flash

Maxine snapped her head around when she heard Carmen. She glared daggers at the woman and shook her head "No! No there is no dinner! We are running low on supplies it is the same as before!" She screamed "My husband is dyimg! Our men are dying in the streets for our freedom yet all you seem to care about is wandering around and not helping! This is not your rich noble home! You see first hand now how the common people live and deal with things!" She screamed before storming over to her "You are nothing but a spoiled child and I am sick of it! Not once have you tried to help any of the people here! Get out of my sight!" She yelled. She had finally had enough. Had enough of Carmen not helping, not seeing the obvious severity of predicament, and most of all not seeming to even care about anyone apart of the cause aside from Aaron.

She just swallowed back the tears and walked away, going to see if she could find anything at all to give Aaron to keep his strength up.

Enjolras started waking up a little and looked around, feeling someone lifting him a little and bringing a cup to his lips, drinking the water slowly, seeing maxs face above his.

Aaron frowned softly as she came in having heard what Carmen had said "Don't listen to her. She is just very on edge because of Enjolras." He said quietly before pulling her to him "I'll be alright love. This isn't the longest I've gone without a meal." He murmured before kissing her gently

Max sat by his side again and made a cup of water for him when she noticed him stirring. She brought it to his lips and took a shaky breath "Don't move, just rest." She whispered to him before kissing his forehead gently

He frowned and continued just watching her. “He should have… left… left me in …. The city.” He wheezed, fighting to breathe, the chill in his body starting to give way to a fever.

She frowned and shook her head, lifting her apron and quietly passing him a small loaf of bread. “Only one I could find.” She whispered, kissing his head. “We could leave… make our way south…. To my home in Spain.” She murmured softly to him. “Away from the revolution.” She begged him quietly.

Aaron frowned deeply seeing the bread shakimg his head "No...Carmen I can't take this. These people need it more." He whispered placing it to the side. He frowned more when she said they could run away as well "No I can't do that. My place is here, fighting with my people. I am a wanted man, they would find us."

Maxine shook her head and let a few tears fall "No....no you would have died out there." She whispered letting more tears fall. As she watched him taking deep breaths.

She shook her head. “And I need you! Please eat.” She begged him, holding him tightly, scared.

He smiled a bloody smile and just stared at her. “So I can… die here… instead.” He choked out, hacking violently and spraying blood across the floor before dropping back down heavy.

Aaron frowned more and held her close taking only a small piece of the bread "My love this is our life now. We do not get the luxury of eating daily." He whispered quietly

Maxine quickly got a cloth and wiped him down "You will not die. You're going to survive." She said quietly before getting him to lay back down going to get the doctor.

He went with her to check on him, frowning some. “Stay with him. He’s not long for this world now my dear and there isn’t anymore I can do besides help him stay comfortable or we can help him cross over a bit quicker.” He told her, helping her get him propped up in her lap so she could hold him.

She shook her head. “Then it needs to be changed. For all these people. But it’s not going to change unless we get your strength up enough to fight.” She told him seriously. “They all think me stupid. I may not understand the way you’ve all lived. But I am not an idiot.” She told him seriously.

Maxine took a shaky breath giving a nod propping his head in her lap "Make sure....make sure to say hello to our little girl.." she whispered before breaking down in tears as she watched her husband. She felt her entirety start to crash around her as his iminent death became more real to her. Without him she had nothing else.

Aaron took deep breaths giving a small nod "I know my love, I know you are not stupid. We have to find supplies soon though or we will not sruvive and cause will be lost." He whispered

He was in and out the rest of the night, by morning his fever was raging but he was hanging on as tight as he possibly could, his breathing ragged and desperate but he had stopped spitting up blood at least and they had moved him to a bed.

Carmen stayed by Aaron on their spot the whole night, waking up with him close by for the first time in what had been a painfully long time.

Maxine stayed awake the entire night watching him. She sat with him and kissed his forehead periodically as she layed with him in bed. She pushed some hair from his face giving a soft smile seeing his eyes start to open "Oh hello there my love." She whispered to him.

Aaron woke up the next morning and groaned softly as the light hit his eyes. He looked over and gave a small smile seeing Carmen awake "Good morning love." He whispered before kissing her gently. He had missed seeing her face in the mornings, it had felt like forever since they had something like this. It was trivial really, something taken for granted, but now it wasn't so trivial anymore.

He frowned and looked around himself confused a little. “Where’s… Lottie?” He panted. “I want to… to see her.” He was sweating buckets while someone came in to help her change the bandages.

She turned to look at him and smiled a little, having spent the whole night crying. This was far from what she had envisioned when they had planned to elope together for the past few years. She had always seen them in a little cottage by the sea, not the violence that had become the new normal

Maxine frowned as he started to ask about their daughter shaking her head some "Darling she died....its been several months now." She whispered before she started to change his bandages taking deep a shaky breath when she noticed how bad his wound looked.

Aaron cupped her face and gave her a soft kiss "You've been crying...tell me why." He whispered noting her red puffy eyes. He knew this was not the life they had spoken about, but to get to that life, he knew they would have to fight for it.

She looked up at him and frowned, shaking her head. “It doesnt matter. Just a silly bad dream.” She whispered, leaning across to kiss his cheek.

He frowned and watched her shaking his head. “No… no she was… she was right there.” He told her, trying to get up as he pointed towards the door. “She was… she wanted… wanted some water.” He slurred to her.

Aaron shook his head and sat up a bit propping himself on his forearm and elbow "It's not silly if it has made you cry. What happened?" He asked quietly

Maxine whimpered quietly and shook her head some more "No darling stay laying down." She whispered letting tears fall as she watched him "I will get you some water okay?"

She shook her head and swallowed, pulling the sheet up to her chest, "I just... I wish we had gone to Spain like we used to plan." She mumbled "I don't want to sound ungrateful love I just..... This is not my world and they do not want me here." She told him quietly.

Marie frowned as she started cleaning out the wounds, "Are you sure you won't ask the Doctor to let him die quicker?" She asked her frowning. His fever was only getting worse and infection was going to set in before long, in the crowded house there was no way to keep it clean much longer. She wrapped him up again though and left them to it, frowning seeing the look on his face a mixture of agony and confusion. "He is going delirious Maxine." She told her more forcefully this time

Aaron gave a heavy sigh and nodded softly "It will take time, but I will get you there." He whispered kissing her gently before running his fingers through her hair "There....there is a warrant out for my arrest. Your family has placed a bounty on my head."

Maxine shook her head at Marie "No! No he will be just fime." She murmured before taking deep breaths glaring at her "Do not get the doctor!"

She frowned and just shook her head. “No… no you didn’t do anything though.” She whimpered, holding him a little tighter but frowned hearing the shouting coming from the next room. “Will he survive?” She asked Aaron frowning.

She just shook her head and got her a bowl of fresh water with a cloth to cool him down, leaving him without his shirt to stop him overheating, tutting at her a little.

He was looking around the room hallucinating badly and seeing all manner of people and animals where there were none, speaking complete gibberish when he could manage to get words out, just about managing to swallow the water someone kept giving him.

Aaron frowned deeply when he heard screaming and gave a heavy sigh "No....he will most likely die....but I knew he needed to be with his wife." He said softly kissing the too of her head gently

Max let tears continue to fall as she sat with him. She gave him water and cleaned his wound when she needed "Oh Enjolras....I..." she couldn't even bring herself to speak. She was trying to have hope that he could survive, but as she continued to watch him, she continued to think maybe she should let him go.

Eventually he passed out, still breathing and holding on but no longer crying out at least.

She frowned as it went quiet but there was no commotion so she settled again, still wanting to leave though

Maxine took deep breaths and glanced at the door seeing the doctor come in to check him over. She held his head in her lap and took a shaky breath "He....he's going to die isn't he?" She whispered

Aaron frowned deeply as he watched her "Why don't you and I take a walk?" He said quietly hoping maybe some fresh air would be good for the both of them.

She just nodded and got up with him, catching him as he stumbled then made her way out with him slowly, glancing through the doorway and catching a glimpse of Enjolras looking worse for wear.

He sighed heavily looking him over and shook his head. “I don’t know what’s going to happen… but you need to make sure he’s eating. Help him swallow and keep giving him water.” He told her gently.

Aaron got up but stumbled from his lack of strength. He got his balance back and walked out with her frowning when he saw Enjolras through the small opening of the door. He shook his head some before walking out with her "I am scared..." he admits quietly

Maxine gave a small nod and went to try and find any kind of food to feed him when he woke up.

He nodded to her and left them to it after that, getting her fresh water and a clean cloth, frowning ar the sheen of sweat covering enjolras, leaving the two of them to privacy.

She frowned and took his arm. “Why are you scared?” She asked him quietly, watching him as they headed into the woods.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back