• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Young Justice: Out of the Spotlight CS

Shog

The Infinite Being
IC: Young Justice: Out of the Spotlight
OOC: Young Justice: Out of the Spotlight OOC

Rules:
  • Try and keep this in the bounds of the Young Justice universe.
  • You may be powerful, but any Leaguer could beat you by themselves. To
  • Use the code below to fill out your CS. If you have any problems doing so do not hesitate to ask for assistance.
  • It is roughly designed to imitate an “official” file on them, so be sure to use your characters real information in appropriate locations. For example, any nicknames they like to use best fit under the Extra tab and their real name (including middle initial(s)) go under the name section.
  • Fill in the ID number with any 5-digit combination you want (no letters).
  • The treatment effects everyone differently. Sometimes they go heavier on the physical torment, but they have no control over how their drugs effect you. They are designed to stimulate physical and mental pain.
  • Your character should have meta-human potential, but not have it unlocked prior to being inducted into the program. Part of the program you're inducted into is designed to unlock the meta-gene. Metas with already unlocked powers would be in a different program.
  • The CS will ask for Power Type. This is Physical, Kinetic, or Psychic. There may be hybrids, but they always lean towards one in particular. Physical is anything that has to do directly with your body (i.e. strength, speed, shape shifting, etc.), Kinetic involves the ability to control either energy or mater (telekinesis, hydrokinesis, phyrokinesis, etc.), and Psychic blankest most everything else.
  • If you leave your character as a work in progress for more than 72 hours (3 days) I will assume you have dropped out. If this happens I will send you a PM containing a copy of your CS and delete the original post. If you cannot complete your CS in the allotted time but do not wish to drop out, send me a PM with an estimated time of completion and I will not delete it unless it remains incomplete by the time you quoted me.
  • I'm always looking for ways to improve, so if you have any suggestions then please speak up.
  • You have a strict scheadule to keep (enforced by guards) and can only socialize during certain periods.
  • People targeted here are from the ages 16-30, and can fairly easily go missing.
  • As cliche as it sounds, have fun.

• ID#: *****
    Name:
    Height:
    Weight:
    Blood Type:
    Time in Program: (1 year max)
    Profile_avatar_placeholder_large.png

Code:
[Tabs]

[Tab=General Information]
[side=left]
ID#: *****
Name:
Height:
Weight:
Blood Type:
Time in Program: (1 year max)
[/side]
[imageFloat=right][IMG]https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/7/7c/Profile_avatar_placeholder_large.png[/IMG] [/imageFloat]
[/Tab]

[Tab=Psychological Profile]
Personality:
Strengths:
Weaknesses:
Sociability:
[/Tab]

[Tab=Physical Profile]
Body Type:
Skills:
Weaknesses:
[/Tab]

[Tab=Power Profile]
Power Type:
Power:
Weaknesses/Limitations:
[/Tab]

[Tab=Extra]
Bio:
Body Modifications:
Other:
[/Tab]

[/Tabs]

Last edited:

• ID#: 00018
    Name: Ethan A. Fuchs
    Height: 6' 0.5"
    Weight: 165 lbs.
    Blood Type: O-
    Time in Program: 10 months, 2 weeks, 3 days
    a12e299a1a53cc8cff62683d7972a9eb.jpg

Last edited:

• ID#: *****
    Name: Inferno
    Height: 6'3
    Weight: 200
    Blood Type: AB
    Profile_avatar_placeholder_large.png
I'd like to start by apologizing. You, being the first to reply, have shown several areas where I lacked clarification. As a result most of what I am going to say is my fault, and for that I am sorry. To start with, could you please fill in your ID#? Just replace ***** with any five digit combination you feel like (no letters). Next, please add a picture of your character to replace the current placeholder image. If you cannot find a picture that suits what you need, just find one close enough and type in the modifications below the side code. Now starting with things I didn't clarify, the CS is supposed to mimic an "official" file on your character (which I why I bothered with ID# and blood type). This means they're going to have your real name (including middle initial(s)) under the name section. Lastly, the bio was made under a false premise. The events of this RP will take place close to two years after the season two finale. This means your character wouldn't have been in this program no longer than a year. To help avoid future confusion I have added a "Time in Program" section just below blood type that I'd like you to add. This all, unfortunately, means you'll need to retcon your bio. On the bright side, you may end up simply moving around key events to fit this new time frame if you play your cards right. Thank you in advance for your understanding.

I'd like to start by apologizing. You, being the first to reply, have shown several areas where I lacked clarification. As a result most of what I am going to say is my fault, and for that I am sorry. To start with, could you please fill in your ID#? Just replace ***** with any five digit combination you feel like (no letters). Next, please add a picture of your character to replace the current placeholder image. If you cannot find a picture that suits what you need, just find one close enough and type in the modifications below the side code. Now starting with things I didn't clarify, the CS is supposed to mimic an "official" file on your character (which I why I bothered with ID# and blood type). This means they're going to have your real name (including middle initial(s)) under the name section. Lastly, the bio was made under a false premise. The events of this RP will take place close to two years after the season two finale. This means your character wouldn't have been in this program no longer than a year. To help avoid future confusion I have added a "Time in Program" section just below blood type that I'd like you to add. This all, unfortunately, means you'll need to retcon your bio. On the bright side, you may end up simply moving around key events to fit this new time frame if you play your cards right. Thank you in advance for your understanding.
I'm thankful I can help in the clarifying things that needed to be. That point aside. Would you be interested at all in having Inferno as an NPC supervillian later on? He can keep what be kept and I'll edit his back story. I have a character arc in mind for him too if you would like to hear it. I will also make/start my hero CS today.

• ID#: 00001
    Name: James A. Maxwell
    Height: 5ft 11in
    Weight: 155lbs
    Blood Type: Ab+
    Time in Program: 11 months 51 weeks , 6 days.
    View attachment 358080
Tone down the healing factor. Wolverine often takes longer to heal than that and I still consider his healing factor OP. Regrowing a limb should take upwards of 10 minutes at the very least. Continuing from this point, I'd like you to add energy consumption under weaknesses under the power tab. I don't care how well his body has become at processing ATP, but regeneration at this level should be very energy intensive. This would essentially help tire him faster. I mainly bring this up because arrogance certainly isn't a weakness or limitation of his power, I question how he cannot do much damage when he can lift 1100 pounds and is much harder to stop than virtually anyone else, and his pain tolerance has to be through the roof. Other than that I just have a word of caution. Judging from his ID# you intend for him to be first in the program, but that is certainly not going to happen. As much as the program is designed to create human weapons, it is also a scientific experiment. This means they would want to limit variables among their data pool (such as working with a resurrected person). For the sake of not being super strict and allowing for creative freedom I'm not going to question having it in, but he certainly won't be the first subject in this project. Lastly (mostly for my sake) label your power for what it is: Hyper Regeneration (or something along that line). Understand that he needs to be able to die. I don't care if that means he has to be nuked to die, but I have never accepted a character with immortality and I never foresee a situation where I will.

Last edited:
Tone down the healing factor. Wolverine often takes longer to heal than that and I still consider his healing factor OP. Regrowing a limb should take upwards of 10 minutes at the very least. Continuing from this point, I'd like you to add energy consumption under weaknesses under the power tab. I don't care how well his body has become at processing ATP, but regeneration at this level should be very energy intensive. This would essentially help tire him faster. I mainly bring this up because arrogance certainly isn't a weakness or limitation of his power, I question how he cannot do much damage when he can lift 1100 pounds and is much harder to stop than virtually anyone else, and his pain tolerance has to be through the roof. Other than that I just have a word of caution. Judging from his ID# you intend for him to be first in the program, but that is certainly not going to happen. As much as the program is designed to create human weapons, it is also a scientific experiment. This means they would want to limit variables among their data pool (such as working with a resurrected person). For the sake of not being super strict and allowing for creative freedom I'm not going to question having it in, but he certainly won't be the first subject in this project. Lastly (mostly for my sake) label your power for what it is: Hyper Regeneration (or something along that line). Understand that he needs to be able to die. I don't care if that means he has to be nuked to die, but I have never accepted a character with immortality and I never foresee a situation where I will.
Understandable. I sped his regen up for the purpose of DC universe characters. Otherwise he just gets popped and the battle is done. That said i can still tone it down but i do disagree with his power being op. Even if the regen was literally instant he can still be stopped very easily. Chains, a sturdy door, An uppercut from any super strength character sending him over the horizon. There are many ways that even the best healing factors can be overwhelmed especially in the dc universe.
Also him being completly erased would get rid of him, id imagine a nuke would do it fairly easily, even a small one.
As for the number thats no problem just something i figured id do. Is #00003 availible

Understandable. I sped his regen up for the purpose of DC universe characters. Otherwise he just gets popped and the battle is done. That said i can still tone it down but i do disagree with his power being op. Even if the regen was literally instant he can still be stopped very easily. Chains, a sturdy door, An uppercut from any super strength character sending him over the horizon. There are many ways that even the best healing factors can be overwhelmed especially in the dc universe.
Also him being completly erased would get rid of him, id imagine a nuke would do it fairly easily, even a small one.
As for the number thats no problem just something i figured id do. Is #00003 availible
I respectfully disagree. There are plenty of characters who go up against Superman and never “pop.” Someone who can regenerate at the speed you gave him would only appear even remotely slow would be the flash at his top speed. One other thing is that this is not the DC universe, but the Young Justice universe. Young Justice has no cannon in DC (speed force may not even exist) and Young Justice appeared to do a good job at balancing powers. True there’s only so much balancing you can do to Superman, but it’s not like you’ll ever see him in this RP. Remember that this is “Out of the Spotlight” and as a result you are expected to deal with things that wouldn’t attract the attention of the Justice League, one of their sub-groups, or the Team. Proportion your powers to that scale. For an example, look at the Runaways. In comparison they weren’t all that powerful, but for what they were doing (before Lex’s involvement) they were just fine.

I respectfully disagree. There are plenty of characters who go up against Superman and never “pop.” Someone who can regenerate at the speed you gave him would only appear even remotely slow would be the flash at his top speed. One other thing is that this is not the DC universe, but the Young Justice universe. Young Justice has no cannon in DC (speed force may not even exist) and Young Justice appeared to do a good job at balancing powers. True there’s only so much balancing you can do to Superman, but it’s not like you’ll ever see him in this RP. Remember that this is “Out of the Spotlight” and as a result you are expected to deal with things that wouldn’t attract the attention of the Justice League, one of their sub-groups, or the Team. Proportion your powers to that scale. For an example, look at the Runaways. In comparison they weren’t all that powerful, but for what they were doing (before Lex’s involvement) they were just fine.
I guess But regeneration isnt that great of a power when its watered down, and even when its powerful its pretty low teir. Killing isnt the same as defeating someone...I suppose ill just create a new character. If i slow his regeneration than he isnt the character i had in mind. Ill work on it tommorrow.

Also popped was a term refering to him getting taken out in any means not the literal being popped.

• ID#: 00023
    Name: Bobby J. Jenson
    Height: 6ft 0in
    Weight: 140lbs
    Blood Type: B+
    Time in Program: 10 months, 3 weeks, 6 days
    fdc86363838cdb56bbfae4092f06d385--hot-anime-boy-anime-guys.jpg

Last edited:

• ID#: 00023
    Name: Bobby J. Jenson
    Height: 6ft 0in
    Weight: 140lbs
    Blood Type: B+
    Time in Program: 10 months, 3 weeks, 6 days
    View attachment 358361
Accepted.

• ID#: 00750
    Name: Alice McAvery
    Height: 5'4"
    Weight: 120 lbs
    Blood Type: A+
    Time in Program: 3 months 6 days
    ksyusha_by_ayyasap-d6ghunj.jpg

• ID#: 00750
    Name: Alice McAvery
    Height: 5'4"
    Weight: 120 lbs
    Blood Type: A+
    ksyusha_by_ayyasap-d6ghunj.jpg
Accepted.

• ID#: 2701
    Name: Amadeus Jeremiah Kilgrove
    Height: 6'2"
    Weight: 179 lbs.
    Blood Type: AB-
    Time in Program: 11 months, 23 days
    35eb1694fe9c0f06229d0223998e1b1b--beautiful-boys-hot-anime.jpg

• ID#: 2701
    Name: Amadeus Jeremiah Kilgrove
    Height: 6'2"
    Weight: 179 lbs.
    Blood Type: AB-
    Time in Program: 11 months, 23 days
    35eb1694fe9c0f06229d0223998e1b1b--beautiful-boys-hot-anime.jpg
Accepted. Just don’t go overboard with shadow walk or shadow marionette.

• ID#: 00194
    Name: Alan Wiess
    Height: 6ft 4in
    Weight: 235lbs
    Blood Type: O-
    ATTACH]

Attachments

• 8eacbdcb8ef7bab27012d96308928ba2.jpg
    8eacbdcb8ef7bab27012d96308928ba2.jpg
    161.6 KB · Views: 1

Users who are viewing this thread