• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Young Justice: Brave New World OCC Chatroom

The Comet The Comet How would you feel if my character was annoyingly obsessed with Batman so much so that he's fashioned himself after the Bat? No actual connection with the Bat or Robin exist, but other people may assume he's got some sort of connection to him. Thoughts? I can go another route, just curious on your thoughts.

Im planning a hero who worked for mr freeze for some time because of their reliance on his technology, but was recently put under the wing of a jl hero. So sort of a redemption even though they were never really evil. Would a background like that be okay? Might make for some interesting pre rp relationships with other characters

Hmm, if you're going tech based and Batman related, maybe I should go another route.

Anyone planning a female? We don't want an entire team of boys, do we?

The Comet The Comet How would you feel if my character was annoyingly obsessed with Batman so much so that he's fashioned himself after the Bat? No actual connection with the Bat or Robin exist, but other people may assume he's got some sort of connection to him. Thoughts? I can go another route, just curious on your thoughts.
I'm interested. How 'bout in PM?

I'm gonna be super honest here (and I'm a little worried some may be offended), but some of the characters don't feel like Young Justice to me. I guess I figured characters would build upon the world from the show, but some of them just feel like they're introducing a lot of completely new stuff.

I'm gonna be super honest here (and I'm a little worried some may be offended), but some of the characters don't feel like Young Justice to me. I guess I figured characters would build upon the world from the show, but some of them just feel like they're introducing a lot of completely new stuff.

Well with OCs you're technically introducing new things. From what I've seen so far, some of it is completely new to me. But that's what comes with originality.

Sure, there can be new stuff, that's fine.

But I guess what I'm feeling is that some of the characters could be in any rp, not necessarily Young Justice. When that happens, there's really no point in it being considered fandom, for me anyways.

Half of the Justice League characters could be put into any hero based rp, and a simple name change would make them acceptable.
When you have the massive range of heros and villains in the DC universe it's kind of hard to say any of the characters wouldn't fit.
AU Fandom means that you take an existing universe, and apply original characters to it, not that you specifically take a universe and only create characters similar to those that already exist inside of it. It's then up to the GM to decide if that character works well in his/her desired setting.

It's kind of hard to understand exactly what you mean without knowing the exact characters you have a problem with, so if I were you, I would whisper Winter about it, and perhaps you two can come to an agreement, and then he can ask whatever characters those are for necessary changes.
If not, and the looming issue bothers you, then I wouldn't recommend sticking through it, since generally players with a problem slow down in their posting super hard.

Yoooo, I need help! I can't seem to choose a power! I have narrowed it down to barrier/invisibility, light manipulation, Electricity Manipulation!

Yes you should, and until the team is formed, they will just be "B- whenever you signed up or officially be on the team." So I'd be B-05 since my guy comes in later, you'd be like B-03 I believe. But the base does have external entrances so zeta tubes are necessary if you don't want.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back