• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Mitheral

"Growf!"
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)

I just love the theme music from the movie. That is about where the similarity to the movie ends for this RP. Well, that and the fact that it is a western. And it is about a gang. This gang, however starts with two femme fatales.

The year is 1871. The RP begins in the southwestern USA about where modern day Holbrook, AZ now stands. This will be an AU setting, so a few events as well as some geography may vary slightly for the sake of fun. (I may move the RP start to Albuquerque. The railroad hasn’t reached there yet. If memory serves, it does around 1880.)

One of the ladies immigrated from England, fleeing an arranged marriage. The other is Russian, and also fled an arranged marriage. It was this common factor that formed the basis of their relationship. Following them are their suitors - assuming I don’t just start with them dead. (Might make the RP a little more convenient.). Also following them are two brothers, Pinkerton, parents, bounty hunters, and outlaws. Oh … and some concerned parents.

These ladies aren’t violent criminals. Their problems began with being forced into untenable situations. These were complicated by false accusations, being stalked by men who wouldn’t take no for an answer.

Characters
This RP will have room for a number of members. The leader of the gang won’t tolerate crude behavior or cold blooded murder. Self defense is another matter. We will just have to see when it comes down to revenge. (I am still working through the backstory of how the gang is formed, so this may change. Revenge is a powerful inducement - and usually ends up in giving cause for many graves.)

But for now I am not taking this down a dark path. Create your characters with this in mind.

Plot
This is still a work in progress. It depends a little on how far along I want my own characters to be in their own stories. One had a bloodthirsty gunslinger after her known as the Baron. The other was accused of grand larceny and had Pinkertons in pursuit. (The first is a female doctor; the later an Oxford educated teacher.) The teacher had two brothers, one an Oxford educated engineer and the other Oxford educated in business. (Both brothers were disappointments to their VERY wealthy parents.)

Posting
3rd person, past tense
Modest literacy
Decent content
No harming others’ characters without their permission.

Last edited:
Well, that's three of you. I'll get a CS thread up later today. It IS possible for us to add people further down the road. But new members might have to wait for a bit once we have started. (Just watched Quick and the Dead yesterday, so feeling even a little more inspired.)

Well, I have had a few days to sleep on things … like working up a recent developments for my characters… and the resultant plot. Looking more like a story of revenge.

CS thread up

Users who are viewing this thread

Back