• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here
Lucian turned to look at the new person who had just shown up. A female. She walked across the room and extended her hand. Lucian grabbed it firmly and shook it gently. The female introduced herself as Hawkeye. He thought her name was pretty cool and he "savedโ€ it in his head for later when he would be brainstorming what his superhero alias would be.

"Hi, nice to meet you, my name is Lucian.", he said while pocketing his hands.

He listened to Hawkeye as she questioned him on his magic and why he wasn't doing more with his powers. He was afraid of this question because that meant he would need to open up just a teeny bit more. Lucian smiled at Hawkeye after she finished speaking and he got ready to answer her.

"So, I use dark magic. And no, I don't need to draw circles or squares for my spells to work. I just say my spell out loud, do a little dance with my fingers, and boom whatever the spell does will happen.", Lucian pulled his hands out of his pockets and wiggled his fingers. "I also use light magic or white magic whichever you prefer. As of right now, I only cast spells, read/move/control things with my mind, and fly."

Lucian reached into his bag and grabbed his Darkhold keychain. He placed it on the palm of his hand and with his other, he waved it over the keychain. He muttered a spell and the book grew back to its normal size. Lucian opened it and the book started floating in front of him.

"This book right here is how I do the more advanced fun stuff. The Book of The Damned also known as the Darkhold is a book full of the vilest, evil, and corrupted spells to exist. Now normally I should have gone like crazy and went on a killing spree but I have learned to control it for the most part. But I choose not to use this magic daily. When I do use it, I become drained both mentally and physically. Using that magic is for when I come across a threat too powerful for my 'base' form to handle so I use my enhanced magic. My enhanced magic allows me to bring the dead back to life, transmutation, power absorption, etc. The list is endless with the Darkhold and I can conjure up many things and cast powerful spells. I'm down if you all are."

Last edited:
Harley was excited about this. Really excited.

Okay, when he first got the call, he was freaking out. He hadn't talked to Miss Potts since the funeral, and her telling him she'd noticed him operating his own Iron Man suit... well, it was beyond embarrassing. It took everything in him to keep from profusely apologizing every ten seconds, but when she'd simply laughed it off and told him about the team, it was kind of a mind-blown moment. Kinda like when you figure a part of a machine out for the first time and the whole thing starts working just perfectly, and you don't really know how you got here, just that you did.

That's a long way to say that Harley promptly accepted the invitation- well, after about five minutes of an internal mental breakdown, that is. I can't be a hero! I totally screwed everything up the first time I went out, there's no way I can do this. But, they'd be training. And working together. And, well, quite frankly, Harley needed an excuse to get out of the house- at least until college. His mom hadn't gotten any less busy than his childhood, and with his sister bringing home different boys each night, he needed a change. Maybe not 'I'm gonna run away and be a superhero' big, but I'll take what I can get.

So now here he was, at a table with a bunch of other super-teens, stuffing his face with pizza and chips as they all introduced themselves. The team co-leader, Ben, implored one kid with ink-black hair and pale skin to introduce himself first. The kid- Lucian, as he introduced himself- seemed super nervous about all this, though Harley couldn't disagree. Harley found himself slightly surprised when the kid mentioned he had powers- though, if he was being honest with himself, he really shouldn't have been, all things considered.

As Harley wondered what the boys' powers could be, a confident-looking girl strutted into the room, calling Lucian a... magician? "Wait, like, you can do actual magic?" Harley stared at the kid. "No way! That's so cool!" He grinned wildly like a kid on Christmas morning. Real magic. Sick. The girl introduced herself as Hawkeye, asked Lucian a few questions, and... wait, was she flirting with him? Harley seriously couldn't tell- he was terrible with social cues, and most conversations left him baffled, which is odd, despite how much he himself likes to talk. Anyways.

Harley watched in awe as Lucian grew a keychain into a book in front of his eyes, explaining how his abilities worked. "Dude that's so sick. You've got to teach me that sometime." As Lucian explained the book's properties, though, Harley felt his enthusiasm begin to waver. "Uh, dark magic sounds... a bit not good. No bueno." He chuckled awkwardly. "Maybe it's best if you didn't teach me that after all."

Harley noticed a sudden silence in the room, and several eyes turned to him expectantly. Oh wait, they want me to talk now? Harley gave a small wave, trying not to seem as nervous as he actually was. Just... be cool. You can do that, right? "Uh, hi. I'm Harley. I'm kind of an inventor- well, Tony stark was pretty much my mentor, we met once- well, not just once, we've talked and stuff, but he helped me build stuff and..." Harley's eyes darted quickly towards Pepper, then back towards the table. I'm babbling, aren't I? Harley took a quick breath, then continued. "Anyways, he gave me an arc reactor a while back. I was able to reverse-engineer it and build my own Iron Man suit. I brought it with me actually, it's right over there." Harley flicked his thumb towards a large suitcase he'd placed against the training room wall. "It's pretty cool- well, I don't really know if it's functional yet, but..." Wait, did I really just say that? "No, I mean it is, but I- am gonna stop talking now."

Last edited:
Armanji nods to the group and introduces to himself briefly โ€œmy name is Armanji. I work with acrobatics and lethal razor claws, some more than usual resistant kind of armor.โ€ He spoke deeply as he had a deep voice much like his father Tโ€™challa. โ€œCode name, Feral.โ€ He grunts and then steps aside as he finished his introduction. Being polite, his amber eyes looked to the others, nodding to their stories and such. He didnโ€™t explain much if he had to.

"Well Harley I am sure you will be a great addition to our team," Ben said not believing that he found someone like him. But Harley seemed like the type of kid that you would not want to piss off and that was something Ben needed on the team since there was a lot of villains that thought the young avengers were pushovers. Kate was also like that but it was nice to have a iron man on the team to be reminded by Mr. Stark's great invention.

Ben kind of thought Harley was the coolest person ever well they all were. A lot cooler than himself and maybe more socially adapt with the ladies. But Ben wasn't going to underestimate himself since Pepper chose him for a reason as co leader and he nodded at Armanji smiling, "Man of few words huh? And very polite so that is nice." Ben was not being sarcastic he was being serious as it would be nice to have someone who knew manners on the team since Kate and him did not.

"Who else has to go before we train?" Ben asked the group, "uhhh Moon knight girl you want to share?" That was not a very good nickname but Ben did not know anything about there girl except that she was affiliated with Moon Knight and he would like to know more and if she was like the hero before her. Ben could relate to having more than one identity since he was Scarlett Spider and Ben and then Peter Parker's clone who was made by Quentin Beck.

Ben bit into a slice of pizza and chewed it as quiet as he could waiting for the others. Ben then shot a web at a box of twinkles that were across the table bringing it to him and taking one out.

shiver walked for around three hours , arriving to the city , he woke up ryan who took control and started wiping his eyes walking into the pupulated part of the city , he can still hear shiver in the back of his mind , if he was human he wouldnt have been knocked out after all the creaming , "you lived in a place like this!" he yells "not fully like this , my town was smaller , a lot smaller" ryan responds to him , ryan continues walking , hes thinking to himself with shiver listening to him "what now? , any more cool places to see?" shiver asks , ryan stops thinking for a second "i dont know , there are too many roads that block each other , no plans cross each other , its like nothing leads to anything " ryan goes to the side and sits down in a bus stop , " no plan , thats crappy" , ryan looks to the side of the bus stop seeing a calander , he reads the year displayed , he giggles to himself , not out of happiness but out of frustration , "its been six years since i was taken to that lab , i should be around 16 now" ryan says to shiver , "wait , how old am i" shiver asks getting out of ryan's body and hiding in his hoodie that he took from the lab , "well you said you were born a short time before we were bonded , so that makes you around 6" ryan responds laying down on the wooden blank that he was sitting on , "i havnt had proper sleep in a week , god i feel like my eyes are closing by themelves" ryan says , shiver tries to ask him something else but ryan doesnt respond , shiver realises that his friend is asleep , he controls ryan's body to stand , he leaves the station and starts moving ryan's legs to walk , he gets a good distance away before turning into his suit form and running out of there to check out the city , what he doesnt realise is that he has been spotted by a small group of people , but hes already dissapeared from the view of the crowds.

Last edited:
Jay glanced across the table, taking intent mental notes as each one introduced themselves. They trust each other too much. Lucian, the iron kid, the other new guy, stated their names and powers, and while Jay had given her own fun demonstration just a few hours prior, she hadn't clearly stated all her abilities- which was, in her eyes also stating her weaknesses. Lucian had his magic, but it seemed he could also become influenced by his dark alternative. The iron kid- Harley- had his suit, which was impressive, but he clearly didn't seem confident in his own abilities. The last kid, Armanji, didn't speak very much, but from what he did say, Jay gathered that he had some weaponized armor- though she didn't know how well he'd fare without it. All that, deduced from just a couple of introductions.

Jay glanced at Kate as she entered the room, scoffing quietly as the girl immediately started flirting with Lucian. She's not being serious, right? Kate was rumored to be somewhat a flirt back when Jay was still in school, not a sleep-around kind of girl, but she definitely put herself out there. I would've assumed she'd grown out of it by now. "The great Hawkeye arrives. Is hitting on the new recruits commonplace here, or?" While Jay knew she knew Kate, it was as if she felt no emotions towards those memories, as though she was meeting her for the first time here, and her opinion was being built from the ground up- the words just slipped out of her mouth, without her spending a second to think about it. Dammit. I can't get them on my bad side right now- not with petty insults, at least.

When Ben asked Jay to speak, she felt herself tense up. She wasn't nervous, not as much as Harley or Lucian, but she didn't really know what she should say. She took a slice of pizza, slowly nibbling despite being rather hungry, thinking carefully of what words she should let out of her mouth. "My name is Jay." Good start. "As Ben and Lucian saw earlier, I can summon my own armor. It protects me, and gives me enhanced speed and strength." There. That's enough. They didn't need more than that- they didn't need to know she could only summon the suit at night, or that she had abilities outside of the armor, or about Khonshu, or that... well, they definitely didn't need to know about that. They knew enough to trust her, and that was all she needed.

Jay scanned the room, doing a quick scan of her headspace simultaneously. No Sophia. No Khonshu. Sanity is still in tact, at least for now.

Last edited:
ryan woke up in the mourning , shiver is running around the forest basically loosing his mind with every new thing , "how long have you been running" he asks , shiver stops for a second , "oh , youre awake , i've been running since that big thing in the sky went down , and that other bigger thing went up , did you know that you shouldnt look at that for too long , its bright , will hurt you eye" shiver responds before going back to running , " those are the moon , and the sub , i remamber telling you about those at some point in the past" ryan responds .

he continues
" hey... did you avoid crowds , and camera's" ryan asks " well we walked around camera's all the time in the lab, and the crowds i did stay away from" shiver says in a confused tone , " we're so dead , you should avoide those camera's as much as you can" " cant promise that , the camera's are next to all the cool things , all those place with the food and those sweet things , and those little thing that dance and sing" shiver responds " did you go into a shop yesterday ... hey ... and youre not answering me , why am i the one who's thoughts are always being heard by you , i cant judge you for that , everything is new to you , its ok dude , just tell me when you want to do something " ryan says .

"hey ryan , is it normall when the sun and the moon dissapear and appear multiple times " "yes , but how many times has that happened " ryan asks in a worried manner , " i think twice " shiver responds after a good amount of thinking " "ive been out for two days , why didnt you wake me up" ryan says in a choked way " you seemes so comfortable , you havnt slept in a long time, and i wanted to look around the place , did you see how fast those cars can move " " so you remambered cars but not the sun and moon, ok ypu need to take a break now , i need to find some food and water , there must be some water tap somewhere around and , well have to find a way to get food " ryan says , shiver sighs entering ryan's body again , ryan walks back over to the city " i dont know if i should thank you or be mad cause you didnt walk far away from the city".

"God I hate you all except Jay," Santana Morningstar said as she kicked up her feet on the table taking a sip of lemonade and not going to introduce herself even if Ben forced her to because she didn't even want to work with these people. She was a little nervous that the team had magic users since that was her weakness and that meant she could not be as big as a bully now. She flipped off Ben for good measure and sighed looking at everyone, "I am Santana and I am a demon that was forced to help this team and protect stupid mortals from threats."

"Santana, you don't have to be a asshole when we are meeting everyone firstly," Ben complained, "also can you please be nice for once in your life?!" A hard request for a demon but Ben was going to try. Santana stuck out her tongue at Ben clearly not listening to him and smirked that Kate was flirting with Lucien the magic boy. "Hey Kate maybe you'll actually get a good relationship," Santana snorted remarking on how many boyfriends she had in the past.

"Ok thats it," Ben said and shot a web at Santana's mouth so she could not speak for a bit, "now that we gotten to know each other I thing that-" Friday the came in with an alert of some creature walking around and people were freaking out. The video showed of Ryan and Shiver and Ben gazed at it with a look of confusion since it was not something he ever seen.

"Kate look at this," Ben said, I know everyone just met but maybe this would be a good mission to start off on...with Santana too." Ben sighed with annoyance, "hopefully she won't torture the human." Santana chuckled a little as that was something demons loved to do on a daily basis.

In the Tao Sanctuary in Kamar-Taj, which is located halfway across the globe, Sebastian is presently slumped over in a chair and appears defeated. The Ancient One sits across from him and displays impatience, which was the first. Sebastian wouldn't have gone to see the New Avengers that were forming if the Ancient One hadn't asked, so when he proposed that he attempt and join the New Avengers, he hadn't thought he really meant for him to do it. "Ughh, fine!", he raised his hands in defeat and would stand up, and walked over to the center of the monastery pouting, where he crossed his knees and levitated off the ground.

Soon after, he released his astral form and flew to the hidden base where the New Avengers were talking as he left Kamar-Taj. A sorcerer's astral form had no concept of space or time, and adept magic users like himself could control the Astral Dimension. He arrived at the base within seconds, seeing that there was a culmination of magic users and a demon. He glanced around at everyone, but Satana caught his attention since her presence on the Earth Dimension was concerning. "What is she up to?", he thought as he glanced at her. His father's relationship with her was unusual, to say the least; at times, they would be allies, and at other times, she would want him killed so she could take his soul. He understood who she was and what sort of reputation she had in the Hell Dimension. Just recently, Sebastian amusingly encountered her father, Marduk Kurios (also known as Satan) who tricked a male witch into opening the Tome of Zhered-Na, which summoned the demon Hellphyr so that it can rid a good percentage of the world's magic users so he could acquire a higher position in magic's stairway. Of course, Sebastian had to deal with it and Marduk wasn't too pleased, commenting he was as irksome as his father.

"I hope I didn't miss the superhero internship, the name's Sebastian Strange by the way", he sighed as he addressed the group in his Astral Form, which he revealed to everyone. It wasn't that he had anything against anyoneโ€”although he was dubious about Satana's presence on Earthโ€”but he was so accustomed to working alone that the idea of joining a team bothered him.

โ€œWhat the hell is that?โ€ Kate walked around the table and leaned over Benโ€™s shoulder and the back of his chair to look at the video. โ€œWhere is that? And when was this taken?โ€ She then looked to Pepper, who had stopped her entrance in the doorway after seeing that the team had already gotten the alert. โ€œYou donโ€™t know any more than we do, do you?โ€ Pepper conformed the negative by shaking her head and looking back at the video on her own screen. The silence was her way of signaling the teamsโ€™ coleaders that this was their call. Pepper tried to stay as hands off as possible when it came to the day-to-day operations, which everyone preferred. Kate, nodding acknowledgement at their supervisor, turned her attention back to Ben and the video.

โ€œThis isnโ€™t from too long ago, so while this thing probably has moved, I doubt itโ€™s gone far. I think youโ€™re right Ben, we should get out there. With our numbers, this should make a great field test with pretty small risk. What do you all think,โ€ she looked at the newest members of the team, โ€œyou guys ready to kick some butt? This isnโ€™t a normal human and itโ€™s erratic patterns of movement suggest irrationality, or at least lack of a purpose, which makes it either a confused alien or mutant, or a menacing one. Either option means potential danger.โ€ Kate had gone into battle mode, even those who hadnโ€™t known her could tell that much. It was the ability to shift back and forth that made her a good leader, especially when paired with Ben.

Kate began making her way to the door, letting Ben take up the rear and the organization of their exit. โ€œAnyone who wants to join us out there whoโ€™s not in suit should get in gear and meet us back here in five. Keep in mind that this is not a mandatory mission, unless Scarlett Spider disagrees, and I know that not all of you have experience in the superhero business. Anyone who would rather take their time developing their persona or worries about their skills should stay here. Even if we make this sound easy, thereโ€™s not a day out there that isnโ€™t dangerous, and distracted minds are risks.โ€ A sigh left her mouth and she rolled her eyes to hide the amused smile as she looked toward the back of the group. โ€œBilliam I hope youโ€™re trying to be funny because you are not staying here, put that hand down. I donโ€™t careabout your confidence issues, youโ€™ve got this and letting you stay home would give a bad impression. Plus,โ€ she smirked โ€œhow are we supposed to get along without our cannon fodder?โ€

Turning toward Ben as she put her game face back on, she began to formulate a plan. โ€œIโ€™m going to take Sebastian and Wiccan with me, provided Strange is down for it, and see if we can get a location on this guy. Strange can fly, it seems, and I know him by reputation, Billyโ€™s got that locator ability, and Iโ€™m our usual recon leader. Do you want to wait with people getting equipped and work on a strategy? There should be enough recordings to get a read on this guy.โ€

ryan is seen sitting under a bridge, he's thinking , he doesnt really know locations or anything , he's still stuck looking for a plan but he cant put his mind to it , his thoughts are interrupted by other thoughts of his family , his worries , the sounds of people and vehicles , he's been here for almsot a week now yet no one was send to find him , the avenger's havent gotten here and the only thing who even tried to take him n are the cops , it's too much , shiver keeping him company is the only thing keeping him from going nuts . ryan snaps and shiver can feel the rage , shiver tries to calm him down as ryan starts heading towards the roofs , a quieter place , somwhere we're the only other voice he can hear is shiver's , shiver doesnt bother him anymore , it's become a part ofhis brain and losing at this point might just drive him insane , "DAMN IT , NOTHING WORKS ,nothing..." ryan's voice gets quieter and quieter , shiver extends out of ryan's body looking him in the face , ryan sobs , shiver pets him on the back , ryan takes a good time to stop sobbing , "better? thats good , remamber , we're always here , we are always with each other , we are shiver" shiver says , these words are comforting to ryan who wipes his tears. but the comfort doesnt last too long , in the distance he can see someone flying towards his general direction. ryan activates the shiver suit and they jump off the side of the builsing scraping their way down to the ground.

"I can wait," Ben responded to her, "I am not sure if people are ready to handle a mission although I don't think it should be dangerous seeing as we got quite a powerful team and I think almost everyone here knows how to fight." He casted a look at the group while Santana leaned back in her seat to avoid eye contact with Sebastian Strange since he and her father have had history and the other way around too. They were either working together or fighting and Santana usually was the one who lost in those battles and she assumed his son would be as well trained so she should not try to get his soul or else he could probably make her life hard like Stephen did.

Ben smiled at Sebastian and held out his hand to shake, "Ben Reilly, Co leader of the young avengers. Glad you could join us, we are about to head out on a mission to find out about this person who seems to be causing problems...well actually you are heading with Kate if you want to help out since I think you would be useful with subduing the monster." He knew Kate was the recon leader and Billy was a good locator so he trusted the group would do well in that regard. He was going to introduce the young avengers to him but figured it might be better after the mission although it seemed Santana knew him and he knew her which hopefully was a good thing.

Marduk was indeed defeated by Sebastian and that was a humiliation for the family. Santana recently heard about the defeat of her father and a part of her was not surprised that he was defeated by a trained magic user. But she did not let that humiliating defeat make her look weak in front of everyone although she did look a little intimidated by the Strange.

"Ok everyone," Ben said, "we are going to go through our suit up protocol...now Stark industries has created specific suits for some of you except Santana and we are going to practice putting them on when Kate and the others are gone." Ben doubted that Jay would even try on the suit that was made for her but maybe the moon god only has a specific suit? A suit for Lucien was made to his liking and Harley did not even need a suit since he already had one but his arch reactor was a question if it did well in combat or something.

Harley looked at the moody, casually-dressed girl, and then to the demon- it felt like neither of them really wanted to be here, which threw him off. Why would they come if they didn't wanna be here? "Thanks, Ben," Harley said, unsure of whether to add more. Did Ms. Potts not tell them how badly I screwed up last time? Should I tell them? No way, that's a bad idea... is it? They'll find out eventually... well, maybe, but... Harley wrung his hands idly, his body swaying back and forth slightly. No, wait, stop that. Stop being weird. Harley forced himself to sit still, despite every nerve in his body arguing against it.

Harley jumped when he heard the sudden beeping of the alert system. "Uh, what's going on?" Harley looked over the table at Ben's screen, eyes widening. "Holy- what is that?!" That doesn't look like just a bank robber. As Kate and Ben discussed the logistics of going out and finding that thing, Harley felt a knot form in his stomach- mostly nerves, but also excitement. Wait, this could be my chance to prove myself. I can definitely help out with this thing- well, finding it at least. That would be easy. "I can fly!" Harley said, realizing a bit to late he might have said it a bit too loudly. "I mean... yeah, I can fly. My suit- it has flight capabilities, and I think it can help track this guy down." Harley punctuated his point by calling his suit- or at least attempting to. He looked at a large watch on his wrist, smacking the face a couple of times before it lit up a bright blue. He slipped off his jacket- While he knew Stark had previously installed sensors under his own skin to call his suits, Harley wasn't as stoked with that idea, and opted to simply attaching the sensors to his under armor. A few seconds later, the sound of rustling and metallic screeching came from Harley's duffel bag as the seams split open, suit parts flying towards him. Oh shit- probably should have opened that first... He didn't have much time to dwell on it, however, as he had to move his body to catch the rapidly moving parts, his suit forming around him. Soon, the silver and red suit completely surrounded him, with Harley catching the mask in his hand last. I can't believe that actually worked!

Harley put on the front plate of the mask, trying to hide his wide grin as his A.I., T.O.N.Y., began scanning the footage, the weblink attempting to locate the thing by accessing other security networks while his facial reconition software began building a 3D image of the thing in the corner of his vision, a dark purple creature that was way too tall and had way too many teeth. "It looks like he exited city limits about half an hour ago from what i can tell, but-" Just as Harley finished his thought, a small ping alerted him of a new hit, a security feed popping up showing the creature sitting on a rooftop, and then... transforming into a guy? "Um, nevermind. I just got notified- he's on a rooftop in the Upper East Side." Harley put on the back of his mask and flipped up his faceplate, opting not to tell the rest of the team about what he saw. Not yet, at least- they'll probably think I'm crazy.

Last edited:
Lucian was confused. Was Hawkeye flirting with him? He was surprised but flattered. Sadly, Lucian didn't swing that way so if she was flirting then she'd be flat out of luck. Lucian's thoughts were interrupted when his attention went straight to the demon in the room. Like literally. He sensed some kind of tension between the Strange kid and the demon. But he ignored it when an alert interrupted his sensing. He checked to see what everyone was looking at on the screen. Some kind of creepy purple creature was going around and it was scaring people. He listened as Hawkeye spoke about what they needed to do and he wanted to join in and help.

"Wait up! Can I join you guys?", Lucian asked while putting the Darkhold in his bag.

"I mean if that is okay with whoever has control over me and what I can do.", he added on.

Lucian stood there waiting for a response nervously because he wasn't sure if he'd be allowed. He wanted to show off his skills and this would be the perfect opportunity to show the team and Hawkeye what he can do.

"I am talking to you from the Astral Plane-- a metaphysical dimension layered on top of the one in which you live. I'm not really here; what you see is my astral form, which many adept telepaths and sorcerers are also capable of. However, I can fly whether or not I'm donning the Cloak of Levitation. I'm currently in Kamar-Taj, Nepal, but if necessary, I can leave right away" He clarified Kate's concerns by saying, "I didn't know I had a reputation, but I guess being the son of the Sorcerer Supreme and former Avenger makes you known," which infuriated Sebastian to a slight extent. He didn't know he had a reputation nor did he want one.

After they introduced themselves and he learned that Ben was the co-leader, he gave Ben a little nod. But when Ben extended his hand to shake, it made him chuckle a little and smile; he assumed that since everyone saw weird stuff all the time as superheroes, they believed that this ethereal representation of him was his real self. "I can't touch you because you're seeing my astral form, which I said previously, but if there's a monster out there, I'd be happy to assist."

When Sebastian heard a human girl comment rather loudly that she could fly, he would suspect that they wanted to help, which he didn't mind, he just came in haven't really introduced himself (which he really not looking for). "It's okay, if you're looking for someone with flying capabilities I'm sure they would help, my specialty is more of the supernatural and mystical, though I will still accompany you all to this monster".

Sebastian didn't mind that the girl wanted to help, he had just arrived without making much of an introduction when he overheard the human girl declare a bit loudly that she could fly, which seemed that they really wanted to help so he wasn't going to take that chance from them. "It's all right, if you're searching for someone with flying capabilities I'm sure they would help; but, I will still go with you all to deal with this monster."

He was about to dismiss himself when he saw one of the room's magic users put a book in their bag. He couldn't see the book clearly, but with the aura it exuded and his mystic senses going haywire from its presence, he could've guessed what it was but the thought of it possibly being the Darkhold worried him, one of the universe's greatest sources of Black Magic, in the hands of a probably untrained mystic, his father would go nuts if he heard that. That child's soul should have been corrupted, causing them to lose their souls and become possessed by Chthon if it were the Darkhold, so he dismissed the idea but he couldn't brush off the eerie feeling. He could easily use the Eye of Agamotto in his Astral Form but he decide against it. In any case, based on what he has observed, he will unquestionably be joining this team.

"You can definitely count me in this...unusual team you set up here, I'll meet you all at the place where this monster is, physically", Sebastian eyed both Satana and Lucian before his Astral From would disappear in a blink of an eye as he returned to his body back at Kamar-Taj.

The Ancient One was the first to speak, "I suspect you enjoyed the meeting?"

Sebastian stopped his levitation and stood up, deep in thought as walked around the Sanctuary they were in, "It was sure an interesting meeting, got a kid who possesses an immensely powerful dark tome, possibly the Darkhold, and Satana is in the team too, so thats...that"

"You seem to be joining the team just for the potential dangers it can cause, which is quite commendable of you but knowing these people before jumping to conclusions would be wiser my son, they are after all allies", the Ancient One ushered Sebastian.

"Well I don't particularly have a good history of black magic practitioners yielding tomes of dark power and if it indeed the Darkhold, Chthon could be trying to use the kid to enter our universe again, and Chthon has some clever history of trying all sorts of ways to enter our plane of existence, like that time he impregnated a girl so she could naturally birth Chthon into this reality. Even Satana, who could potentially be scheming with her father to take revenge on me or conquer this universe. I'm not letting this go so easily, but I will respect your request, I'll go and...learn about them but if I suspect anything that could endanger our reality or anyone else, I'm stopping them.", with his arms crossed, even if the Ancient One asked, he was not letting it go, it could be his arrogance of having control of everything, something he inherited from his father, but he just couldn't relax when something could happen.

"You're just like your father, stressing yourselves over the what if's, not relaxing for just a moment. Alright, my son, you should get going now to meet your new allies"

Sebastian nodded, wanting to say something to the Ancient One, but he held back and walked out of the Tao Sanctuary. Walking through the courtyard, he entered the Rotunda of Gateways, a magical device, made by Sebastian, inside Kamar-Taj with portals within three doors that lead to various locations on Earth, an invention he's quite proud of, he then walked through the door that leads straight to his father's Sanctum Sanctorum in New York.

Sebastian bowed, but wanted to say something to the Ancient One but refrained from it, leaving the Tao Sanctuary. He crossed the courtyard with the drizzling snow falling and entered the Rotunda of Gateways, a magical structure inside Kamar-Taj that contains portals inside three doors that lead to different places on Earth. Which was made by Sebastian years ago when the Ancient One tasked him with making a magical object or structure, he walked through the door that leads directly to his father's Sanctum Sanctorum in New York feeling the drop in temperature and the liveliness of New York could be heard outside his Sanctum.

He developed the habit of going upstairs after entering the house to hunt for his Cloak of Levitation, which was always hidden away somewhere or some corner. He would head straight for the kitchen cabinets, where the cloak does frequently like to hang out.

marvel-doctor-strange-omnibus-premium-art-print-sideshow-500644-04.jpgDoctor_Strange_(Marvel_Comics)_Astral_Projection.jpgG9iKGzcGCMU3jKHpHfmCKV.png

Last edited:
Jay scoffed at the demoness' words. Yes, I'm extremely happy that I'm a demon's favorite person. Though Jay knew she wasn't the nicest person, being approved of by Santana set off all the wrong alarms for her- I'll have to put her in her place, eventually. It wasn't too long after everyone completed their introductions, though, that an incessant beeping noise filled the room, followed by a robotic voice informing the 'team' of a possible threat- a monstrous-looking creature running around New York, small glimpses caught by security feeds. Threat? Looks more like a headache. Just as Kate and Ben began considering this, Jay felt the hairs on the back of her neck rise, signaling the appearance of a new character in some sort of astral form. "More magic users. How delightful." Jay felt a slight sense of recognition at the guy's name, though she quickly found out why- he was a former Avenger's son. So his dad was a hero too, then. Jay... wasn't really sure how to feel about that. Did he know? I mean, he must've- but does he feel that same pressure? Jay could hear the edge of bitterness in his voice- he didn't like being known. She could relate to that much, at least.

Jay quickly bit down on her tongue, piercing through the fog that suddenly fell over her brain and causing a monumental headache. She hated the feeling of a switch coming on- well, when she could feel it, at least. Like she was losing control of herself, and there was nothing she could do about it until she 'woke up' somewhere random a few hours later. She usually just let them happen- Sophia never traveled far, and switches usually never lasted more than a day- but here and now, it just really wasn't an option. These people were triggering her, badly. If I wasn't going to head out before, now is the time to do it.

As Kate and Ben started discussing the mission, with Harley and Lucian quickly chiming in with their enthusiasm, Jay took the moment of relative business to stand up and start heading towards the door. "Thanks for the offer, but I prefer to do these things alone. But it seems you'll do just fine without me." Jay didn't say long enough to be questioned further, walking out of the complex and out into the cool late-night air. She took a deep breath, leaning her head against a cool metal bar and slowly letting her pulsing headache subside. It wasn't long before she felt that familiar presence behind her, Jay let out a long sigh. "Sorry, it took longer than I thought. There's still a few hours left before sunrise- what do you need me to do?"

"Well, the trip wasn't a complete waste of time," Khonshu answered. "You saw how the Sorcerer Supreme's son behaved around the demon girl, and especially around the other sorcerer. I assume you sensed the same dark energy as him?" Admittedly, Jay had sensed a strong amount of dark magical energy, though she mostly chalked up to the literal demon.

"So? What about it?"
Jay questioned, spinning around so that the back of her head now rested against the rough brick wall.

"If a powerful sorcerer sees this team as a threat, Spector, then it needs to be dealt with."

Jay stared at the bright full moon, letting out a small yawn. "Sounds like something above my paygrade."

Jay jumped slightly as Khonshu quickly appeared right in front of her, staring her down. "Any threat to this reality is a threat to the Ennead and this mission." The mission. 'Protect the travelers of the night'. Of course he's using it right back at me. "I expect you to attend that mission and see what exactly this sorcerer deems to threatening about this group."

Jay glanced down, the feeling of getting triggered almost to a point of switching twice in one evening rushing back to her. Admittedly, she really, really, did not want to go on this mission, risk that feeling again- but she knew she probably had to. "Wait. If Sebastian- the sorcerer- astral projected to the meeting, he likely wasn't around here to go physically. He likely was in another part of the world, or Kamar-Taj, and could be stopping at the Sanctum Sanctorum before..." The gears turned in Jay's head, and before she even finished her thought, she started walking towards the direction of where she remembered the Sanctum to be.

"Just make it quick, Spector."

It didn't take long for Jay to arrive at the Sanctum- she knew she was likely moving at near-superhuman speeds, anyways, considering how late it was. As she walked, a pit had begun forming in her stomach, growing as she approached the doors of the Sanctum. Could Khonshu really be right? Could this team of kids be that big of a threat? Jay stomped down her nervousness, giving two knocks at the door, keeping her eyes peeled in case the sorcerer preferred to take a more unique exit.

"Ahah!"

Sebastian finally caught his cloak hiding away in his underwear drawer, how it got there and why his cloak chose to go there, he had no idea. He finally pull it out and it flew and settled on his shoulders, he would transmutate the casual clothing he had on into his crimson robes and exited his room to go to the Chamber of Shadows so he could find this place the team was going.

The knock at the door reverberated around the Sanctum. Sebastian frowned and stopped where he was going as his senses haven't picked up anything hostile from the Sanctum (since the Sanctum is quasi-sentient in a way, it could tell if someone was a friend or foe), eyes automatically looking towards the stairway to the door downstairs. "Did Amazon finally find the address?" he muttered to himself (it turned out that magical buildings that liked to remain generally unnoticed were notoriously difficult to find for the delivery service. He was still working on fixing that). He would make his way down the hall and into the foyer.

Sebastian peered through the peephole in the door and frowned at them in confusion. It wasn't Amazon, that was for sure. There was something strange about the girl, but he was too preoccupied with his thoughts about the demon and black magic practitioner in the room to notice it. The girl seemed familiar, and he recognized her from the meeting with the New Avengers. But as soon as he unlocked the door for them, he understood why. Traces of divine energy lingered around her, so she's either acquainted with a god or a demi-god, but either way, it was interesting to see. "Oh, you're the one from the meeting, what brings you here?", he asked he left the door open and ushered her to come in. This time, as his cloak flew off his shoulders, it seized the opportunity to fly away and hide somewhere else, causing Sebastian to let out an audible groan.

Last edited:
Kate tried her hardest not to laugh as she watched Harley struggle with putting on his armor. โ€œThatโ€™s fine with me, as long as your flying works more reliably than the auto-assemble feature. You too Lucian, letโ€™s go. More bodies will make it easier to canvas the areas that this thing has been seen. Ben, let me know when you and the others are ready and have a working plan. If you three want to come with me, weโ€™ll get out there and start the search.โ€

Kate led Wiccan, Lucian, and Iron Lad out to the street as she glanced back through the footage FRIDAY had sent them along with the alert. โ€œIt looks like our target sticks to rooftops, but there is also some evidence that he spends time under bridges, including recently. Iโ€™m not sure how well you know New York, but Wiccan and I run these streets pretty frequently, so we will probably split into teams of two at first so that we can watch each otherโ€™s backs and make sure we stay in range of each other without worry that someone will get lost. Letโ€™s do one flight on each team so that you can cover both high and low. I guess that makes our teams Wiccan and Lucian, and Iron Lad with me, that way both units have someone who can fly and one runner. If everyoneโ€™s okay with those arrangements then Iโ€™ll have you two start at the bridge where our target was recently seen, and my group will head out from their and start in a six mile radius before moving in.

โ€œIf you come across the target I want you to stop and call back up, and then continue to track and observe as much as you can about our target. Once we have all met together we can get a full read on it and wait for Ben and the rest of the team. Billy, go ahead and see if you can get something accurate from a locator spell and Lucian, if you know anything that might be helpful here, feel free to sign it out. Are there any questions?โ€

James packed his bag from the hotel it took it all of 2 miniutes. He had a few pairs of clothes and that was about it. He got into his mustang d3a4dd312aa2f8016ecf87eb9aafaf17.jpg

put his bag on his passenger seat and hit the road. He was given the address to some school. "Why does he always have to do this? Why is always some school" Logan said out loud. He recognized the area from the address it luckily it wasn't to far from where he was currently. When you are as old and experienced as he was you end up going to a lot of places. He parked the car and put his cell phone in his pocket. He took a swig out of the bottle of whiskey before he left the vehicle. James stood up reached for his jacket pocket and pulled out a cigar. He glanced over to a sign that said no smoking. Logan smiled and lit the cigar and took a drag off of it. "What are they going to do fire me"? he mumbled under his breath.

He made it to the front desk where he was greeting with looks and stairs for the lit cigar. "Sir" one of the workers said aloud. "look darlin, I'm a volunteer firemen it's ok, I was supposed to meet a Mrs. Potts by chance. Where is she"? Logan asked as he took a hit off the cigar.

Last edited:
Lucian listened to Kate's directions and he nodded. He understood what he needed to do. New York is a new place for him but a quick and easy locator spell would make his life a bit easier. He grabbed his book and flipped it open. Flipping through pages to find any spells that would help him. He came across a page with a spell to trap any type of being whether it be special or regular. Lucian kept the page in mind for later just in case he needed to use it. He flipped through some more pages scanning each page carefully trying to find anything to make this mission easier.

He sighed and closed the Darkhold. He bagged it and turned to face Wiccan. "Alrighty, well I have no questions and I am ready to start this mission. Whenever you are ready to use the spell, go ahead.", Lucian said whilst smiling.

He was nervous to be going out to trap an unknown being but he knew he'd be able to handle it. He had a solid team and they were ready to take on anything that is thrown their way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back