• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern You were my Sign of Life

Max gave a small smile as Jeff came into the house "For the ranch." She said with a small laugh. They had been in a good spot recently, it definitely hadn't been all sunshines and rainbows but the both of them were in the best spot they had been in since thwy first got married. She rubbed at her bump gently and gave another wide smile "They're good, asleep right now."

Eddie gave a wide smile hugging his son tight as he ran into the house "Hey there sport!" He said happily kissing the side of his head. Eddie had never been better mentally than he was right now. He had really stepped up to being a father once his withdrawls had officially subsided. He had his bad days sometimes but all in all he was doing well. He went over to Carmen and smiled wide rubbing at her bump "Family Video huh? I'm sure we could do that. How are momma and the little princess?"

She nodded and sighed a little. “Tired.” She told him quietly, just leaning into him a little. “If you guys wanna grab some dinner on the way home, you know what I like from all the drive thru places. I’m going to the store tomorrow…. I just need a night of quiet.” She told him quietly. They never did get out of Hawkins but they’d managed to make a life for themselves out away from the town a bit more and people didn’t bother Eddie as much now which made life easier.

He nodded and smiled a little. “Good. You wanna get lunch out or here?” He asked her, still holding her gently and looking over the photos, frowning seeing carmen in a fair few of them. “Don’t put those in. She threw us under the bus.” He muttered. She’d quit the job the day after his heart attack and the stress of the yard had made it so much harder for him to recover once he finally got home. He was still bitter about the whole thing

Eddie gave her a small smile and nodded some "Alright we can do that. We'll have a boys night and you chill out and relax okay?" He said softly kissing her gently. He was worried about her, scared that she was becoming depressed. He wanted her to be happy, and he would do everything to make sure of it.

Max sighed some and gave a small nod "I only got a few in there from competitions, they're really good shots of the horses." She explained before kissing him gently "Lets have lunch here, I'm too tired to go around."

She nodded and sighed a little. “Still a school night. Don’t be out too late.” She told him quietly, going to lay down and get some rest in.

Oscar came back down from getting changed and reached for his dad to pick him up now he was in his spider man suit.

He nodded and went to start making it, yawning a little. “When is the baby shower again?” He asked her, needing to make sure he had enough people working that day that he could be off the farm.

Eddie gave her a mock salute before he got his shoes and jacket on. He smiled wide when Ozzy came down and picked him up "Spiderman tonight huh?" He said happily before kissing his cheek repeatedly "What movie do you want to get tonight?"

Max finished up her work and got up waddling into the kitchen "Its the 23rd." She said as she sat down again. She was huge right now and she was worried that she would be early rather than on time.

He nodded and yawned again, getting her lunch done first and handed her plate over. “Alright. I’ll call our freelancer in as well that day.” He told her.

He nodded and smiled. “I dunno yet. That’s why we gotta go the store dad so we can see what movie they got.” He told him, laughing as they headed out to the car.

Eddie chuckled some and gave a small nod "You are right about that, I'm just plain silly sometimes huh?" He said as they walked down to the car. Once Ozzy was buckled up her drove them down the to video store making sure to take it easy so that Ozzy wouldn't get hurt.

Max thanked him and gave a small nod "Alright sounds like a plan." She said before she dug into her food.

He watched out the window while they listened to the radio. “How come I have to have a baby sister and not a baby brother? Can’t we swap it?” He asked him frowning a little.

He sat down with his lunch not long after and just rubbed at his face a little before digging in. “I need to get more sleep tonight.” He muttered.

Eddie chuckled some as he listened to Ozzy "Well buddy, it doesn't work that way. We don't really get to pick the gender." He explained as he drove "You'll love her though, you can be a great big brother and protect her just like Daddy protects you and Mommy."

Max nodded some as she watched him "We'll call it an early night then alright? Bed no later than 8." She said giving him a small smile trying to cheer him up.

He grumbled a little and crossed his arms until they got to the video store and he ran in to go look over the kids section to pick something out.

He smiled and watched her. “Yes ma’am. So eat up so we can go get the stuff you wanted to pick up from ikea.” He told her happily.

Eddie smiled as he ran to the kids section following him over. He watched as he looked every single movie over to try and pick something out "Anything look good?"

Max nodded and kissed his hand gently before finishing up her food. She got up slowly and made her way to the sink to wash her dish.

He frowned as he picked up a strange looking one. “Mommy like this one?” He asked him, showing him the never ending story. “She always sad. This make her smile again.” He told him

Jeff watched her happily while he finished up his lunch and got up to clean things up a little. “What Color’s are we doing this room then?” He asked her quickly

Eddie smiled widely and nodded some "She does like that one." He said happily before ruffling his hair "I think she'll like to watch it with us."

Max put on her slip on shoes and grabbed her purse "Pastel green and white, neautral colors." She said happily

He nodded and picked out another one then followed his dad around while he looked for something he wanted.

He got the door open for her and helped her up into the truck then went around to his side, getting in and starting the drive down there.

Eddie paid for the movie rentals once Ozzy was done. He got them home about 20 minutes after that carrying in Mcdonalds along with the movies. He smiled softly seeing Carmen come out of their room "Hey beautiful, Ozzy picked out a movie just for you." He said sweetly

Max strolled through the store once they arrived smiling at all the little baby things "You sure you want a crib from here? Its a lot to put together."

She just nodded a little and frowned. “I’m gonna go back to bed I was just getting some water. I’m not feeling good Ed.” She mumbled, smiling down when ozzy came over for a cuddle, crouching down carefully. “You have a good time? Why don’t you and me snuggle down tomorrow while daddy’s at work and we can watch the movie then? That sound good pumpkin?” She asked him, he looked more and more like his father every day

He nodded “They’re just as good as any other store. Plus they’re a little cheaper.” He pointed out. He was much more relaxed these days and the farm was doing a lot better but he was still always a little worried about it just because it could be such a fluctuating income.

Eddie frowned deeply but gave a small nod to her "Alright, well we got you some french fries if you want them." He said softly smiling as Ozzy nuzzled her legs some giving her a nod "Come on bud, lets get food set and then we can have our movie night." He said before taking Ozzy's hand.

Max gave a nod smiling some "You have a point. Just don't go yelling and damning it to hell if a screw doesn't fit." She teased before kissing his cheek gently.

He just nodded and followed him to go get his happy meal, sitting on the couch with him until he was starting to fall asleep. He was almost out when carmen started calling for Eddie

He chuckled and shook his head. “I don’t know what you’re talking about.” He told her quietly, nudging her gently, marking down on the paper what boxes he would need from the warehouse section for the crib they’d chosen

Eddie gave a small frown as he heard Carmen yelling. He got Ozzy tucked in on the couch and rushed in to her "Carmen? Baby whats wrong?" He asked. He ran to her side giving a worried look.

Max got home with him a few hours later and yawned "Nap time." She said softly giving him a soft smile. She looked up at him as he walked in after bringing in the crib "I love you."

She frowned and just reached for him, gripping his hand in a panic once he got to her "My water just broke." She told him quietly, starting to cry. It was far too soon and she just knew that this wasn't going to go well.

He nodded and smiled, following her to their room to lay down with her for now, just holding her close "I'll get the guest room set up for your parents tonight." He murmured, kissing her head repeatedly, just enjoying having her close "They are only staying for the weekend right?" He asked her

Eddie went wide eyed giving a small nod "Uh...um..okay do you want me to take you or call an ambulance?" He asked trying to stay as calm as possible for her.

Max cuddled into him the best she could and gave a nod "Yes just for the weekend, thats about as much as I can handle them these days." She said giving a small laugh

He nodded. “I mean I’d rather not handle them at all but if that’s what’s gonna keep them from interfering then let’s do it.” He muttered.

She frowned and shook her head “We can go in the car… but someone’s gotta watch ozzy.” She mumbled, wincing.

Eddie gave a small nod "Okay you stay here, let go see if Mrs.Jenkins next door can watch him until Wayne gets off work." He said softly before he rushed out of the apartment and to their next door neighbor.

Max gave a small laugh and nodded some "I told you that I could have driven half way to meet them or something." She said softly

“And I told you that you aren’t doing that pregnant.” He pointed out, “now go to sleep. I don’t want you being cranky cause you missed your nap by talking too much.” He teased her and held her close still.

She just nodded, getting up carefully to get some shoes and a sweater, starting to feel a little dizzy until Eddie got back and was helping her to the car.

Max gave a soft laugh before nodding off to sleep for a quick afternoon nap. She woke up early that evening and groaned softly as she rolled onto her back to stretch. She glanced over at the bathroom seeing Jeff leaning on the doorframe "Hey there....what time is it?"

Eddie thanked his neighbor repeatedly before he rushed to get back to Carmen. He got her in the car and started off towards the hospital going as fast as he could without being reckless.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back