• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern You were my Sign of Life

She smiled tiredly, falling asleep quicker than she had in a long time, feeling at ease for once.

Jeff just frowned some shaking his head "I don't... We should just go home." He mumbled, his chest starting to ache with the now familiar pain and he just groaned a little, some mall security making their way over to them after seeing Jeff not looking good

Max frowned deeply as she watched him hold at his chest "Shit Jeff can you feel your arm?" She asked worriedly thinking this could be another heart attack

He frowned and tried to answer her but his mouth wasn’t making any noise when he tried to talk and the security were asking her what was going on, one of them trying to get Jeff to talk to him and stay alert but he’d already started blacking out and within seconds was on the floor

Carmen was waking up in the middle of the night to weird noises on the baby monitor and she froze, turning over to wake up Eddie but saw the empty space and got up to go check, walking into the nursery as she rubbed her eyes, sighing in relief seeing Eddie in the rocking chair with him. “Here, he’s probably hungry, he still gets boobs at night.” She smiled tiredly as she reached for him.

Max went wide eyed when she noticed how he wasn't beong able to talk. She begged the security guards to call an ambulance while she did her best to get on the floor next to Jeff.

Eddie looked up when he heard Carmen come in "Hey....he was fussy...I wanted to calm him." He said quietly smiling as Ozzy gurgled and reached for Carmen.

She smiled and nodded, sitting down, "You wanna go get us a drink from the kitchen? This'll be about 20 minutes." She told him quietly, gently getting him to where he was feeding and they were both comfortable, resting her head back and smiling when Eddie came back in, "How are you feeling?" she asked him quietly, seeing he still looked a little feverish.

He was in and out for the next several hours, finally waking up well into the middle of the night and looking around confused, seeing a small bedside lamp on and Max asleep in a chair, just going back to sleep with little energy to wake her up and ask her what happened. He figured he knew what the answer would be anyway.

Eddie gave a small nod as he handed Ozzy over. He came back quickly with two drinks and gave a small shrug at her question "Like shit honestly....I've got cold sweats...but I've been through worse. This uh...this in't the first time I dealt with withdrawls."

Max woke up the next morning frowning deeply as she saw Jeff awake and watching some TV "Why didn't you wake me?" She asked quietly taking his hand in hers "How are you feeling?"

She frowned and watched him, "I'm a little concerned that you're actually coming down with something though sweetheart, cause all the other stuff seems to have almost disappeared except the fever. You're not exactly in prime health and I'm willing to bet that immune system is shot... If you get sick there's no cuddling Ozzy for a few days." She told him seriously.

He glanced over at her and frowned a little, "Like someone has put me through a meat grinder.... How bad was it this time?" He asked her quietly "And you looked like you were resting... Thought I'd... leave you to it." He mumbled, getting worn out already just talking a little

Eddie gave a heavy sigh but gave a small nod "I'll take some medicine, I'm sure I'll be fine." He said softly as he sat infront of her.

Max gave a small nod but sighed heavily "Nearly a widow maker, said you had a lot of blockage and stress. They want to do surgery to help with the blockage." She explained gently to him

He frowned and nodded just giving her hand a squeeze. “You okay?” He asked her quietly, trying to keep his eyes open but he was so worn out and really very sore.

She nodded and sighed a little. “Okay.” She murmured, smiling as she watched him staring at ozzy. “He was a big boy yknow… 10lbs. Pushed him out my hoo ha.” She smiled. “Got his dads massive head.” She murmured,

Max gave a small nod giving his hand a small squeeze "Just worried about you is all." She said softly before kissing his cheek "Get some sleep okay?"

Eddie chuckled some as he stared at their son "10 pounds? Damn...he must have been super chunky." He said smiling some.

She nodded and smiled, getting him back to sleep once he was done and took Eddie back to bed. “Get some sleep handsome.” She murmured, curling into him and drifting off herself.

He nodded tiredly, pressing the clicker for more painkillers before managing to really fall asleep quickly, holding her hand tight as he could, still looking uncomfortable and tired.

Eddie woke up the next morning and smiled pulling Carmen close to him. He snuggled her close kissing the back of her head repeatedly sighing happily.

Max stayed there with him sighing heavily. She adjusted herself to sit more comfortably with the leg cast. She looked up when the nirse came in to look him over "Will he be okay?"

She groaned a little and rubbed at her face. “Ed? What time is it?” She grumbled a little, rolling to face him and just buried her head into the crook of his neck, taking a moment of quiet before starting to cry a little.

She frowned some “He’s definitely not out of the woods yet. Doctor wants to see him stable for a couple days before they really talk about surgery but as this is his third incident… he needs to stop the smoking and drinking. There’s not much else he can change at this point the damage was already done.”

Eddie gave a soft smile as he continued to hold her "Its 7:30." He whispered kissing the top of her head repeatedly smiling as he heard Ozzy gurgling through the baby monitor.

Max gave a nod and frowned deeply "Thank you for the update." She said before sighing heavily. She didn't know his drinking had gotten that bad, but she was going to keep an eye on him.

She smiffled a little and just nodded. “Okay. Five more minutes.” She mumbled, trying to hide that she was crying but she was holding him tighter and tighter.

Jeff groaned a little and woke up to the sound of talking, just looking arojnd and saw the nurse leaving the room, glancing over at max and frowned. “When can we go home?” He asked her quietly.

Eddie frowned softly when he heard her sniffling "Carmen? Are you okay?" He said softly making sure to not let go of her.

Max sighed softly as she watched him "A few days, they want to make sure you're stable." She explained kissing his cheek gently "Babe how has your drinking been?"

He frowned a little and looked over at her. “No different than normal why?” He mumbled,

She just nodded and held him tighter still, not really paying attention to the fact she was oractically crushing him. “You’re home…. You’re finally home.” She whimpered

Max gave a small nod and sighed heavily "They said you need to stop smoking and quit drinking." She explained to him.

Eddie wheezed softly but nodded some "Yes....yes I'm home." He said quietly

She soon was just sobbing into his chest, still not letting up on her grip until he was prying her off "You can't do that to me again." She cried quietly, shaking a little and refusing to move away at all even if he was just trying to get more comfortable.

He frowned and watched her "What's the point.... Already done the damage Can I not have one good thing I like doing?" He muttered, a little pissed off

Eddie frowned deeply as he moved her off him gently "I won't Carmen, I promise. I won't do it again." He whispered kissing the top of her head repeatedly "I love you so much, so very much."

Max shook her head frowning more "Unless you want another one of these or to be dead then yeah. You gotta take care of yourself Jeff."

He grumbled and just lay back again, frowning at the bed. “I will be fine.” He muttered, shaking his head

Carmen frowned and moved to hold onto him again, burying her face against his chest and just held on tight until they could hear ozzy starting to fuss on the monitor.

Max frowned some and shook her head "Jeff...I don't want to fight at all, or piss you off, but we gotta get you healthy honey." She said softly kissimg his hand gently.

Eddie let her go once Ozzy started to fuss "I got him." He said softly before getting up. He came back in and smiled happily "Say goodmorning Mommy." He cooed

She sighed quietly and watched him go, waiting til he brought him in and reached for her son, "Oh look at your bed hair sweetheart." She murmured, cuddling him close, "You boys wanna come to work with me today? I just got a couple bits to do there and a letter to hand in." She told him.

Jeff just grumbled and leaned back, not happy about it but not in the mood to argue it either

Eddie sat in bed with her after passing Ozzy over and nodding happily "Yeah what kind of letter is it?" He asked softly kissing the side of her head gently.

Max sighed heavily and fell silent as well not wanting to be argue as well. She wanted him to be healthy and she didn't want to loose him right after she got him back.

-5 years-
Carmen sighed quietly as she opened the front door and let Ozzy go through first, picking up the grocery bags and heading inside as well. They were doing well now. She had left the ranch when Eddie first came home and got a job in the hair salon in town, working the desk and for the first few years she was happy again but the past six months had been hell for her. Eddie had been good and so had Ozzy for the most part, it was her that was the problem and she just couldn't shake it. "Hey, he wants you to take him to Family Video to rent a movie for tonight." She told Eddie quietly, smiling a little when he immediately came over and put his hands on her now 5 month baby bump. Even the news of having another kid hadn't really helped her be happy again, But Eddie was excited, especially now they knew they were having a girl this time.

Jeff headed downstairs to go make some coffee and smiled seeing Max putting together a photo album. "This for us or work?" He asked her, stepping over and kissing the top of her head. "How's baby doing?" He asked her. It had been hard a lot of the time but finally they were having their child and it was all he could do to rein her in from spending every penny they had on the kid. "I was thinking we could head over to Ikea this afternoon and get some stuff for the nursery." He told her "There's the new one in Indianapolis." He smiled, kissing her head again and just holding her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back