• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern You were my Sign of Life

He came out from using the bathroom and smiled at her. “Almost dinner time. I’ve been out doing the animals, you want fried rice or spaghetti?” He asked her.

She tried desperately to zone out of the whole thing but it just wasn’t working for her and after almost three hours of hell she was being checked over so they could just send her home, heading them telling Eddie everything to watch out for that would mean she had to come back before giving him the papers to sign and before long they were in the car on the way home, carmen staring out the window. “Are you gonna go to work tomorrow?” She asked him uietly.

Max sat up some and smiled a bit "Mmm Fried Rice for sure." She said before doing her best to get up groaning as she got stuck "Babe...help me...I'm stuck."

Eddie was quiet as he listened intently to the doctor. Soon he was driving them home and sighed heavily frowning at her question "No of course not, I'm taking the rest of the week off to make sure you're alright okay? My manager is really understanding."

He just nodded and chuckled "I was waiting for you to realise you'd turtled yourself." He teased her, kissing her cheek as he got her sat up "Alright. Fried rice it is." He murmured, heading down to get it started

She frowned, picking at her nails, "Are you okay?" She asked him, staring down at her hands

Max stuck her tongue out at him bit laughed lightly. She smiled happily as Honey followed her down to the kitchen "Just a few more weeks babe and we get to meet them." She said happily as she rubbed her bump.

Eddie gave a heavy sigh "I'd be lying if I said I was....I'm devastated, but I'm here for you okay? Are you okay?"

She frowned and shook her head a little, “I don’t know what happened either. There wasn’t… they said there was no obvious reason.” She mumbled. “I wasnot quite ready for another but once she was here I would have been.” She mumbled. “But now she’s not gonna be here… I just wanna lay down.” She mumbled.

He nodded and smiled at her some. “Few weeks huh? I wouldn’t be surprised if little one came early cause of how big they’re getting.” He chuckled. “Got your big ass head for sure.” He teased her a little, getting her a drink.

Eddie gave a small nod and took a shaky breath "Well we are almost home. I'll get you some rest okay?" He whispered before driving the rest of the way in silence. As they got home he thanked his uncle and got Carmen to bed giving a heavy sigh "You call me if you need anything okay?"

Max gasped and slapped his arm playfully "My big head?! Sir, you are the one with a big dome." She teased before pecking his lips "I still love you though."

He smiled and watched her. “Guest room is all ready for your parents.” He told her quietly getting a sweater on now that it was getting a lot colder out there.

She frowned and grabbed his hand before he left the room “where are you going?” She asked him frowning some not really wanting to be left alone right now

Max gave a small nod grabbing her sweater and wrapping it around herself. She sat down in the kitchen and sighed happily "You know, I love you right?"

Eddie gave a heavy sigh "I gotta let Wayne go and get Ozzy to bed. I'll be back as soon as possible." He assured her.

He chuckled and nodded. “I hope so. Otherwise we made a big mistake a long time ago.” He chuckled, coughing a little and getting her a drink. “I better not have a cold when the little one gets here.”

She just nodded and lay back down watching him, waiting until he came back in, just staring at him and held on tight once he was laying with her.

Max smiled softly and laughed lightly "Just try not to wear yourself out on the ranch, you should be okay then." She murmured before kissing him gently as he gave her the drink "Thank you."

Eddie came back as quickly as he could qnd pulled her in close. He gave a heavy sigh as he finally let a few tears fall while she hid her face in his chest "It's going to be okay babe....we'll pull through this together." He whispered.

He just nodded a little and gave her a salute, getting dinnner finished quickly and put on the table. “Hey I’m gonna go lay down, I’m not feeling so great. Uh… I’ll do the dishes in the morning.” He mumbled kissing her head and disappeared upstairs

She frowned, saying nothing at all for a while and swallowed back tears. “Can uh… can you take Ozzy to school tomorrow. I’ll call the salon in the morning.” She mumbled

Max frowned softly but gave him a small nod "Alright love." She said softly before letting him go. She ate her dinner quietly before she got up to put everything away and started on the dishes as well. Once that was done she waddled up to their room trying to lay down to get to sleep.

Eddie gave a small nod to her "Don't worry about that, Wayne already said he would take him in for me." He said softly before kissing her cheek gently "Try and rest okay? I won't be going anywhere."

She shook her head and frowned. “I want you to take him in. He’ll be happier that way.” She mumbled. “Please.” She begged him quietly as she started drifting off.

Jeff was shivering in his sleep in their bed with their dog curled up next to him, lifting his head when max came in and immediately moved to lay almost on top of Jeff protectively.

Eddie gave a small nod and sighed heavily "Alright I'll take him." He said softly before he started to fall asleep with her.

Max frowned deeply as she noticed him shivering laying down almost ontop of him hoping that her heat would wqrm him up.

He ended up having a lie in til almost 11 when he woke up hearing her parents had already arrived and he slowly made his way downstairs, coughing up a storm and not realising how bad he looked until he got to the kitchen. “Hey, did you not wanna wake me up?” He asked max quietly, not going near her with enouhh awareness that he didn’t want her to get sick if he was contagious.

Carmen woke up early in the morning, going in to see ozzy and spend a bit of time with him, making him breakfast and getting him dresSed while Eddie sorted himself out. “Now you be good today okay? If I get a good report from your teacher we can do chicken nuggets and fries for dinner okay? You know how much I love you bub?” She asked him, smiling a little as she just watched her son.

Ozzy nodded some and hugged his mom tightly "I love you too momma, I see you later." He said before giving her a big kiss on the cheek and leaving with Eddie.

Max looked over at Jeff as he came down and frowned deeply. He looked awful and she was now begining to really worry. "You needed to rest. Babe you don't look so good...I think we should take you to the doctor."

He frowned a little and shook his head. “I’ll be okay, I might go lay back down though.” He mumbled hearing her dad ask if this was planned to avoid them.

Carmen watched them go and frowned a little before going to get dressed and by the time Eddie got back she was gone along with a bunch of her clothes and her meds and a few snacks from the kitcheb

Max gave him a small nod and frowned deeply when she heard her father "Go lay down, I'll deal with them." She muttered before turning to her father "Yes Dad, Jeff has decided to make himself sick just because he doesn't want to see you." She said in a bitter sarcastic tone.

Eddie frowned deeply as he got home after calling Carmen and getting no answer. He rushed into the bedroom going wide eyed when he noticed her meds gone from her nightstand plus the dresser drawers open.

He groaned a little and went to lay down in bed, shivering again and reaching for his phone, frowning when she took it away. “I need to call Pedro and let him know I’m sick.” He muttered.

Wayne was taking them some breakfast anyway just so they wouldn’t have to lift a finger and he got in to find his nephew sat on the couch with his head in his hands. “I brought you guys some breakfast from the diner…. How you doing?”

Max followed him up to bed frowning softly taking his phone away "I'll call him okay? Anyone else?" She asked softly running a hand through his hair.

Eddie took deep breaths as he sat down on the couch holding his head in his hands. He looked up seeing Wayne come in, his eyes red and puffy from crying "She is gone, she just....she left."

He shook his head and frowned. “No... I'm sorry love, I guess maybe call and make a doctor's appointment cause this is starting to sit on my chest, I reckon this is the start of bronchitis or something." He mumbled.

Wayne frowned and sat down, "She left left? Or she's gone out?" He asked him frowning when he answered with the fact she had gone properly "Well shit.... I never though she was doing that bad." He sighed some

Users who are viewing this thread

Back