• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Aviator

all colors lead to gray
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check
Click me for the Character Sheets thread!

1570548172187.gif

The year is 2189. The past two and a half centuries were marked by political upheaval, terrorism, disasters both manmade and natural, technological innovations, and epidemics the likes of which mankind has never seen before. A combination of bioterrorism and gross overpopulation culminated in the eruption of World War III during the tempestuous summer of 2051. But conflicts did not just remain international; anarchy abounded in all of the world’s most formidable superpowers as the working class, oppressed minorities, and victims of conscription rebelled against the bourgeoisie that had exploited them for uncountable centuries.
Together, the deadly duo of international warfare along with internal unrest pushed these once-dominant forces—the United States, China, Russia, India, and England—to nearly their breaking points. In a desperate bid to reclaim the power that was slowly but surely trickling away from them, the richest families of each of the five aforementioned countries allied together and came down on the revolutionaries with everything they had. The final battles were quick but brutal, and in the end the Five Families prevailed twelve years later, in 2063.

7931cbb21da91e59a8c5fb074f821a75.gif

Perceiving their own citizens’ uprising during a time of global warfare as unforgivable betrayal, the Five Families were unwilling to surrender the power that they had shed blood to retain. Together, they decided that democracy had been a failed experiment. The people had been given the privilege of partial say in their government, and they had spit it back in their sovereigns’ faces. As punishment, this privilege would be permanently revoked. The Five Families installed themselves in seats of absolute power; the United States, China, Russia, India, and England transitioned into hereditary monarchies with supreme autocratic authority. The era of the modern monarchy had begun, a new experiment in the works.
Perhaps surprisingly, the Five Families enjoyed a period of unprecedented peace in the following decades. With their alliance still mostly intact, no opposing nation could hope to make a stand against them. And you know how the old saying goes: If you can’t beat ‘em, join ‘em, and that’s exactly what the majority of these other countries did. 126 years later, just about every independent nation is ruled by its own monarchy, too.

crown-drop.gif

126 years is a lot of time for things to change, though, and as we all know, history tends to repeat itself. Within the past fifty years, not one but several wars have erupted over resources, territory, and access to cutting-edge technologies. While hostilities are not as fierce as they were during 2051, an escalating conflict between China and Russia is forcing other countries to take a side. In a last-ditch effort to create a truce before skirmishes boil over into yet another outright World War, the monarchs of each family have consented to allow their adolescent heirs to study together on the same ground at the same school, with the hopeful goal of forming alliances, marriages, and healthy relations among the next generation of rulers as they further their educations in the lap of luxury. And then there is the unspoken fact that these adolescent heirs essentially function as political hostages to discourage the outbreak of war, but no need to dwell on that. The Academy for Young Royals is where our characters’ stories intertwine.

Last edited:
Victory Victory Welcome, and thank you for your interest! ^_^

A few notes:
- This is an advanced RP, so 3+ paragraphs per post, please! English does not have to be your first language, but please use correct grammar and spellings if you can. If I feel that not enough overall effort was put into the character sheet, I reserve the right to reject it, but I will first make suggestions.
- If it wasn't already clear, our characters will be the students in attendance at the Academy for Young Royals, but they do not necessarily have to be the next in line for their country's throne, or even royalty at all. It is completely fine and encouraged to play servants, bodyguards, ladies-in-waiting, or other staff!
- For royal characters: you may sign up as the prince/princess (or even very young king/queen!!!) of any country, but once a user has already claimed a certain country, you must ask their permission to create a sibling character. That user has the right to deny sibling requests.
- Please keep royal characters between ages 16-20! They are, for the most part, all taking the same classes, so I don't want the age gap to be ridiculously huge. Staff, however, can be any age, older or younger.

Last edited:
Victory Victory Welcome, and thank you for your interest! ^_^

A few notes:
- This is an advanced RP, so 3+ paragraphs per post, please! English does not have to be your first language, but please use correct grammar and spellings if you can. If I feel that not enough overall effort was put into the character sheet, I reserve the right to reject it, but I will first make suggestions.
- If it wasn't already clear, our characters will be the students in attendance at the Academy for Young Royals, but they do not necessarily have to be the next in line for their country's throne, or even royalty at all. It is completely fine and encouraged to play servants, bodyguards, ladies-in-waiting, or other staff!
- For royal characters: you may sign up as the prince/princess (or even very young king/queen!!!) of any country, but once a user has already claimed a certain country, you must ask their permission to create a sibling character. That user has the right to deny sibling requests.
- Please keep characters between ages 16-20! They are, for the most part, all taking the same classes, so I don't want the age gap to be ridiculously huge.
Any certain format for the sheets?

This looks pretty cool. When it comes to any guards or servants attached to the royalty, do their ages also have to be between 16-20?

forgot to ask, if we were to play a non royal, like a bodyguard, do we need permission from the royal from that country to play that character?

kakemha kakemha Permission is just needed for a sibling relationship of any kind (among royals or staff), because that would directly affect another RPer's charrie. Otherwise you are free to let your imagination run wild!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back