• When posting, please be aware that artistic nudity is still nudity and not allowed under RpNation rules. Please edit your pictures accordingly!

Remember to credit artists when using work not your own.

Traditional You share yours and I'll share mine? (Art)

No such thing as better or worse! Don`t bring your own art down :o
I get the struggle of trying not to compare your art with others, but we gotta avoid doing that or we will drive ourselves crazy! x_x
Keep doing what you do! <3
True but to me it's more of a driving force. Others think i'm crazy because i don't do art with a calm mind. In fact, people say i am often seen drawing with a very serious look on my face and the most little of distractions gets me real irritated. Which is why i draw longer than others. Crazy, i know! Sorry for my bad English.:ghostn:

SalemRPG SalemRPG your art is fantastic! I particularly liked the first piece you posted and the one with 'Life works in mysterious ways'.

And everyone who posted in this thread has such a unique style. I hope everyone stays motivated enough to keep drawing and develop their style further.

I guess I'll share one pic as well since I'm here. My dream is to draw action scenes and battles and such, but so far my skill is too low for that and all I can do is try to draw a cool static pose and dramatic lighting. uhh I never shared my art here on RPN before....

u1wL9gq.png

True but to me it's more of a driving force. Others think i'm crazy because i don't do art with a calm mind. In fact, people say i am often seen drawing with a very serious look on my face and the most little of distractions gets me real irritated. Which is why i draw longer than others. Crazy, i know! Sorry for my bad English.:ghostn:
I draw like that, too! :P I get really in the zone and it feels more like hard work (but the fun kind of hard work) and when I draw, everything around me disappears. I totally get you, so don't worry! :D Your English is really good, so don't sweat it ^-^

I haven't been drawing recently, though, and it`s hard to find inspiration! :(
Do you (or anyone reading this comment) have any ideas? I don't know what to draw!

SalemRPG SalemRPG your art is fantastic! I particularly liked the first piece you posted and the one with 'Life works in mysterious ways'.

And everyone who posted in this thread has such a unique style. I hope everyone stays motivated enough to keep drawing and develop their style further.

I guess I'll share one pic as well since I'm here. My dream is to draw action scenes and battles and such, but so far my skill is too low for that and all I can do is try to draw a cool static pose and dramatic lighting. uhh I never shared my art here on RPN before....

u1wL9gq.png

-GASP- That coloring skill is so good! I can't draw bodies, but I really want to learn how to draw dynamic poses as well! I can`t seem to get proportion, foreshortening, and little details on the body that make it look less like a cartoon and more semi-realistic, like my style :closedeyescryingfrown: I`m also not the best when it comes to learning anatomy by the book and I tend to draw bleh sketches, rather than finished works like yours, so good on you! You`re already on the right track! :hearteyes:

If you have any tips to make studying anatomy more interesting, let an artist friendo know! :D

-GASP- That coloring skill is so good! I can't draw bodies, but I really want to learn how to draw dynamic poses as well! I can`t seem to get proportion, foreshortening, and little details on the body that make it look less like a cartoon and more semi-realistic, like my style :closedeyescryingfrown: I`m also not the best when it comes to learning anatomy by the book and I tend to draw bleh sketches, rather than finished works like yours, so good on you! You`re already on the right track! :hearteyes:

If you have any tips to make studying anatomy more interesting, let an artist friendo know! :D

Thank you!
ikr, I can't draw for the life of me. Just trying to learn and sometimes one of the 100 failed pictures looks decent :smilepuff: Very rarely I end up with finished works like this, it's mostly just lots of bad sketches ^^' I wish I could draw faster, but a finished pic can take me from a few weeks to several months to complete. I'm a very slow artist lol This one took me 3 weeks.

I'm aiming for a semi-realistic style too and the only tip I can give you is try to draw from real people.

I used to go to a drawing group where artists just gathered and drew a human model. Just a few months of going there improved my figure drawing skill by a lot. really, A LOT. In a few months it improved more than over a few years. Sadly, that group stopped gathering due to low attendance.
After that I didn't really have access to human models that would sit in front of me for 4 hours so I tried using 3D models for pose reference. There are lots of software that has 3D models you can freely pose. Or can use dolls to pose.
I use Clip Studio Paint to draw and it has built-in 3D models. So I use that a lot to get the feel of the pose and understand how it's supposed to look like, especially from weird angles, because I like weird angles, they can make a picture more dynamic ^^

There are also things you can do like short exercises when you look at photo of humans and try to draw the pose within 60 seconds. And then you draw another pose. It lets you learn to capture the dynamic.

A fun way to learn anatomy for me is when I draw a sketch, I turn the figure into a magical girl. or boy XD After drawing the figure I add details like fancy clothes and some badass weapon. Even if it stays a bad sketch it's still more fun and also lets practice drawing clothes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back