• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy you put me back together and gave me life [p w/ nekogirl]

Ryan listened to Courtney with even more questions running through his mind. Magic was so cool to the prince, and he hoped one day he could see magic or use it somehow. “How are the elements more commonly used in different regions? Why is fire and earth more popular in the mountains?” He asked. Ryan got a chair and sat next to Courtney, figuring they would be there for a while. “What’s an elf? What’s a dwarf?” He had never heard of such things and Courtney talked about them like they were different from humans.

The enchantment part is where Ryan got lost. How many types of enchantment magic were there? “What’s the difference between all of that? Is some of it bad or something?” Ryan asked. He couldn’t imagine there even being this much magic in the world. Why had he missed it all? His eyes lit up when Courtney said she could do a little bit of magic. “Can you show me? I wanna see! It’s impressive to me.” Ryan said excitedly.

”Well, elemental magic is influenced by what elements are close by and what forms the land,” she said but looked around to see if they were really alone. If he was r told these things someone didn’t want him to know.... “So mountains and forest have different forms of earth and nature magic. Fire and mountains when it comes to forging. Large bodies of water like oceans and seas have more water. And high up in the mountains and plains you will find wind magic is more common. “ She smiled happy to explain it all but was causious.

“Well elves and dwarves are different magical races. They have societies and kingdoms like humans do. they Are like humans in many ways but elves are typically more beautiful and have more connection to magic. Dwarves are shorter and stoker and are excellent black smiths and craftsmen. there are also different types of fairies and giants. but that is a lot to go into Right now.”

”Calm down.” She laughed. “Well curses are magic aimed towards harming others that you place on a person or object. Enchantments I believe are the opposite It is something you place on a person or object to help. Charms are small useful spells used to do tasks. I believe that is the proper term for things anyways. It really all can get confusing so generally it is all just called magic unless you can say the difference. But what it is called isn’t as important as what something does.”

She blushed some And looked around again. She stood and picked up the bowl that had the cookie dough in it. It hadn’t been cleaned yet. She looked around again and pointed to the inside of the bowl. “Clean.” She said and muttered some things in Latin and the bowl was clean, well cleaner. It still would be a good idea to wash it by hand to make sure to get the rest. She put it down and breathed a sigh of relief that it worked. She then sat back and held out her hand and Concentrated. she Didn’t say anything this time aloud and a small fire appeared in her hand. She then closed her hand and it disappeared.

Last edited:
Ryan paid attention to her every word. His eyes didn’t leave her at all as she explained everything about magic. Of course, he had read about some magic. It was nice to hear about magic from someone who experienced it all the time. The other races were what fascinated him the most. He was unfamiliar with the races she listed off and was excited to learn more and see them for the first time. Hearing Courtney tell him to calm down made him nod and trying to keep his cool. Ryan understood how his excitement and eagerness was too much at the moment.

All of the enchantment stuff was so cool to Ryan. He reminded himself to remain calm and not freak out like Courtney asked. Ryan was excited to see Courtney do her own kind of magic. Ryan smiled as he watched. He gasped when he saw the clean bowl and looked at it closer in shock. Ryan looked at Courtney again when she stuck her hand out. He watched the flame appear in her hand, jumping back in surprise. He looked back at Courtney when she closed her hand. “You’re so cool.” He said and smiled again. Ryan grabbed her hand and started looking at it closer. “How’d you do that? Does it hurt?” He asked.

Courtney blushed some as he looked at the bowl and the results of her magic. She didn’t find herself all that good at magic but she supposed any time of magic would impress someone who didn’t know of its existence. She rubbed the back of her head with a free hand and looked away. Her face was red And it became redder if it was possible when Ryan look her hand and examined it. She laughs some. “It takes a lot of concentration. and knowledge of how you want the air to ignite. And then I think the spell. No it doesn’t hurt.” She said. But her hand was still warm from the fire. But it wasn’t burnt.

”so you really didn’t know magic was real? Or about the other races? is it really not a thing here? And only humans live here? “ she frowns a little. Maybe that is why the garden was so lifeless except for the plants. And even they seemed dull.

Ryan loved how red her face became, but he didn’t point it out. It was kinda cute seeing Courtney get so embarrassed and flattered. Ryan looked at Courtney as she talked about how she did it. Her hand was so warm that he held it up to his face as she talked. He let go of her hand when she started asking him things. “I didn’t know about other races. I haven’t read anything about them and I haven’t seen anyone that’s not human.” Ryan said. “As far as I know, only humans live here.” The prince got up and put the cookies in the oven since the preheating was done. “Your kingdom sounds much more fun. Why can’t we live there instead?”

“I suppose if you want I can try and teach you some magic,” She offered seeing how interested he was. “I had packed a few books. Just need to wait til more of my things arrive.” little did she know when her things did arrive some of those things would go ”missing.“ They were both unaware how much information was suppressed.

“I wonder why.... “ she said but she had a suspicion the king and queen were the reason. She frowned once Ryan went to out in the cookies. Mostplaces she been the races lived together well and the few they didn’t were hostile towards other races. And it didnt Always come from the humans side. Anyone could be racist. Some times it came from fear and others it came from a sense of entitlement. She really didn’t like the idea of either one. But it seemed Ryan was shelved from what ever reason his parents had so that was a positive.

she laughed a little and smiled when he came back with the question of why couldn’t they live at her parents kingdom. “Well who would run this one after you parents step down? And I don’t think my brother Adam would want me back with a husband to compete for that throne. “ Adam was too serious sometimes.

Ryan was excited to hear that she would try to teach him magic. He was beyond excited. The more he thought about other races, the more he got curious. Why couldn't he know about all of this stuff? What were his parents hiding from him? Hearing Courtney laugh made Ryan smile. It was nice to keep the mood light and not worry about why his parents were so weird. "I'm sure they could find someone to take the throne. "Maybe we can just trade places with Adam and tell him to get over it." Ryan joked. "When we have the throne though, can we get a pet of some sort? I don't care what it is, I just want a pet. My parents never let me have one."

Courntey shook her head. “I wouldn’t ask that of Adam. He spent so much time getting to know the kingdom and the people and making connections to help his future kingdom. I wouldn’t want him to be uprooted like that. I’m sure we can figure out this kingdom ourselves.”

“Well if you can find a pet sure. But come to think of it the only animals I have seen since I’ve come here are some horses. I have my own horse back home but I doubt they would try and bring her here. She isn’t a work horse so I don’t know if she would travel well. “

Ryan admired how Adam seemed to really dedicate his time to his kingdom and its people. Maybe one day he could talk to him and take notes. Ryan wanted the best for his kingdom and its people. Anything he could do for the citizens, he would gladly prioritize. Ryan had no idea how to start though with his parents being so controlling.

The prince had barely been around animals, but he still loved them. Ryan thought about if his family had any horses, and couldn't even remember if they did. He was sure that they did because how could royalty not have a horse or two? Why couldn't he be around horses either? He hated how unfair his family was. "Let's get horses then." He said. "I've never ridden a a horse, but I've always wanted to."

“Well if your parents travel at all I assume there would be some horses in a stable. I don’t imagine them or any royals walking to where they need to go when ever they go out.” Courtney reasoned. “well I can help teach you horse back riding too. I enjoy it. And if you have a really good horse you can train them to jump, and race, and joust. Tho jousting is one thing I wouldn’t try.” She laughed.

She then got curious and went to see what the cookies were doing if they were flattening out and baking properly. “So we are getting our own horses and a dog. I’ve always wanted a dog, but my parents wouldn’t allow one in the castle since they thought it would be too messy. ”

Ryan thought about a stable and where one would be if they had one. Maybe it was farther than his family would let him go. He tried digging deep into his memories and conjure up any possible idea or solution. His parents didn’t travel often, and if they did, it was usually by carriage. Hearing about training a horse already stressed him out about the idea. Ryan sighed and switched over to jousting. The prince didn’t see the appeal of jousting at all. He had no idea why people would want to be stabbed with long sticks. “Trust me, I don’t think I’ll be jousting soon.” He laughed.

Hearing about Courtney talk about their future made Ryan feel so warm inside. Something about it was so sweet and genuine. Hearing she was wanting to get a dog made him smile even more. “I’m so had you mentioned a dog. I want one too, but I wasn’t sure how you felt about them.” He said. Ryan could relate to not being able to have a dog. “My parents gave me the same excuse.” He said and rolled his eyes. “They always just thought that they were informal.” Ryan chuckled and shrugged.

“Oh well that’s too bad. I do like to watch the knights joust when we had festivals at home. We definitely need to go back and visit for one. They are a lot of fun.” the first part was just teasing. “But it is dangerous if you don’t know what you are doing so best you aren’t going to do it.”

“Well I assume my parents would also say they were a lot of work And I wouldn’t have time for a dog. With me going off and attempting to do what I wanted they assumed I would lose interest. But I wouldn’t I would have trained and took care of a dog. But that’s in the past no point in dwelling on it.” She turned away from the cookies they seemed to be doing fine.

Hearing Courtney talk about how she liked watching knights joust made him feel a bit jealous inside. Something about her watching other guys, with the implication of being attracted to them, made him feel weird. He shouldn't feel weird since him and Courtney weren't officially a couple. Ryan nodded to the dangerous part. "Yeah... it doesn't seem that safe to run with a long stabby pole." He said.

Ryan wasn't surprised that her parents weren't crazy about having a dog. From what he heard, they sounded pretty opposed to any kind of fun. Her working hard to take care of the dog didn't surprise him either. He was happy how independent and hard working she was. He didn't want someone who wouldn't do anything most of the time.

Ryan watched Courtney check on the cookies and he gave her a smile. "How do they look?" He asked her.

“Yeah and if youre not a good on horse back and if your horse isn’t trainedor prepared it could stop or you could fall off. and Even if it goes well and you stay on your arms get pretty bruised up even with the shield and armor. But it is fun to watch and the knights say it is a real rush. Daniel tried it once and he loved it. But then our parents said he couldn’t do it again.” She laughed.

“Oh the Cookies seem to be flattening out nicely and they are starting to smell delicious. I can hardly wait. Oh I hope there is some good milk.” She said and went to check the ice box.

Ryan was a bit curious with jousting now. He didn't like people getting hurt, but maybe if it was with their consent, he was okay with it. Ryan still didn't think he could participate. It didn't sound like his kind of thing. The prince decided he could listen to Courtney for hours. She seemed to know everything and had all kind of stories. Ryan felt bad for being so boring compared to how her life was.

The prince was glad to hear the cookies were okay. When she mentioned milk, he nodded. "There's several options in the fridge. I'm sure we have every kind of milk." He said. "For a bit I wanted to try them all, but that idea left pretty quickly." He chuckled. "I'm not crazy about milk."

Courtney laughed a little. “Every kind? I sort of doubt that. Most of the time milk is from a cow, or goat. But you could milk other mammals. and You can even make milk from nuts like, but I don’t really understand how...” She trailed off in thought for a while. “I only really drink cows milk but I had almond milk once and it was alright.”
She found the milk and then went to look for glasses. She then packed them in the basket. And then found something to put the cookies in once they were done and cooled.

Ryan admired how much Courtney knew about milk. She seemed to know so much about everything. He wanted to know just as much as she did, but it might take a while for that to happen. Ryan doubled checked with Courtney that they had everything and then lead the way to the balcony. He was so excited to spend time with her and get to know her more. Courtney was so kind and comforting to Ryan. He could imagine being around her for the rest of his life and ruling the kingdom with her. She cared so much about others that he could tell she would benefit the kingdom well. Once on the balcony, Ryan looked up at the night sky with a smile. It was such a nice night and he felt lucky that Courtney put up with Ryan. The prince looked at the ground then back at Courtney. “I didn’t think about getting anything for us to sit on. I can go to my room really quick if you want me to get a blanket.”

Courtney smiled and thanked Ryan for the help. She told him what he could help carry as they walked to the balcony. Still trying to learn the lay out of the castle. She was glad it was welly light for as abandon it felt at times. Some one was still lighting the lights when it was dark. she put the basket down when they got outside and she tightened her coat around herself. She smiled and said, “no need to go and get one. I packed one in the basket already.“ she Then knelt down and started to unpack and set everything up for them. she even had two small pillows.

Once everything was set up she sat down. And poured Out two glasses of milk for them.she handed him his cup. “To The start of a friendship,” she said figuring they should make a toast even if it was with just milk. Even tho she didn’t really want to get married she thought she could have been dealt a lot worse. Ryan seemed very sweet and it seemed he would take care of her. Even if he was sheltered and she wasn’t sure how strong of a leader he was it just meant she could be useful and help. He also didn’t seem like one to use her or to just ignore her and push her aside. She really thought they could be really good friends And maybe something more? She wasn’t sure but she was feeling more open to the idea even after only knowing him for just over a day.

Last edited:
Ryan nodded and helped Courtney unpack everything. She seemed prepared for almost anything. He admired her intelligence so much. He sat down when they were done and took the glass of milk from her. He smiled at what she said and returned the toast before taking a drink. “I wish I was as cool as you.” He said. “I’m just some boring sheltered kid that didn’t even know elves were real. That’s what they’re called, right?” He said and sighed, taking a cookie.

Ryan was glad he had Courtney in his life, but she seemed to bring more than Ryan did. Courtney was so smart and knew so much. Ryan just happened to live here. No matter what Courtney said, he still didn’t feel like he was on the same level as Courtney. Both of them had different backgrounds that just appeared to not work together. Ryan sighed as he started relaxing and took a bite of the cookie. “How was your first day here? What do you think of it all so far?” He asked after swallowing his bite.

she laughed some, “I’m not that cool. I’m weird and abnormal.” She gave him a smile. “Well sheltered yes. But I’m sure you are not boring. We just have to get you out and doing more things. And yes There is a race called Elves. And many other races. It is strange how that was hidden from you.... it makes me wonder how much else you we not told and why....”her smile fading a little as she thought. What was up with this kingdom? She took a cookie as well and took a nibble out of it. For it being her first time making cookies she smiled that they turned out so well.

Courtney looked over at Ryan and shrugged. “It Was nice. You showing me around some of the castle. And exploring the library resources on my own. Baking these cookies was fun. And they ended up tasting good.” she looked up at the sky. “And it is a beautiful night. The stars are so bright.“

Ryan laughed when she called herself abnormal. “You? Abnormal? I must be insane then.” He said. Ryan didn’t think Cortney was strange at all. She was so cool to him. Ryan didn’t think Courtney could do anything to make him dislike her. The prince was embarrassed that he didn’t know as much as Courtney. Ryan tried to distract himself and not think about it too much.

He was glad that her first day here went well. Maybe it would get better from here. Ryan was excited to learn with Courtney. Maybe when the rest of her stuff was here, he could learn about everything that was hidden from him. Ryan was so eager to learn about everything that he thought was a fantasy. Maybe he could show the books he read to Courtney and she would let him know what’s real and what wasn’t. Looking up at the stars, he moved closer to Courtney and pointed out a constellation. “That’s tucana.” He said.

Courtney laughed. “Yes me abnormal. And really to be honest you are as well. ” She smiled. she wasn’t making fun of him but it was true. “You haven’t met many normal people to see just how weird we are. But that’s alright. Normal is boring.” She was glad he wasn’t a normal or typical prince. She was glad she could help him and teach him new things. Happy to not be judged for once.

She glanced over as he moved closer and then back up at the sky to see what he was pointing out. “And that’s a bird correct?” She said and tilted her head not sure if she could really see it. She wouldn’t say she wasn’t imaginative but at the same time wasn’t sure how people saw pictures from a few lines and dots....

Ryan laughed at her teasing. He wouldn’t really call himself normal either. He was extremely sheltered and kinda awkward at times. He still couldn’t see why Courtney thought of herself as strange. He thought she was awesome. Ryan tilted his head a bit. “What’s normal to you then if it’s not us?” He asked.

When they were looking at the constellations, he felt somewhat confident for once since he actually knew something. He nodded to her question. “Yeah, a toucan.” He said. “There’s books in the library that have pictures of the bird.” Ryan said. He looked at Courtney with a smile. He couldn’t put into words how nice it was to finally have someone who would care about what he had to say and listen to him. She was so sweet to him. He didn’t think he deserved any of this. “Thank you for being patient with me.” He said. “I know this isn’t the royal lifestyle you expected, but I hope some how I make it worth it.”

Courntey paused and hummed softly.... “I don’t know how to describe normal... it’s just something you have to see to understand. Maybe some day we can go out to a ball or festival at another kingdom and you will see then What is normal to the rest of the world.”

Courtney looked at the sky and nodded. “The toucan. That’s the one with the multicolored beak? Or feathers?” Her exotic bird knowledge wasnt the best. She looked over towards Ryan when she felt him looking at her. She smiled. “You don’t have to thank me for that. And I like that this isn’t what I expected. What I was expecting when I learned I was being engaged to a prince of a kingdom I’ve never heard of being pushed aside and just used as a means to produce and heir. I didnt expect to be listened to or be heard. or treated as a person. So it really should be me thanking you.”

Ryan smiled at the mention of going to a festival. He thought it would be fun to socialize with other kingdoms. It would be smart to interact with other kingdoms and change whatever opinion they had about his home. “Maybe we should throw a big festive when we get married. It’ll look good to other kingdoms, right? It’ll be like we’re turning a new leaf.” He said.

The prince nodded when Courtney described the toucan. “Yeah, the most well known species of toucans is the toco toucan, which is just black and white. It’s bill is an orangish reddish color. I’ll show you a picture later. They’re very pretty birds.” He explained. Ryan listened to Courtney talk about how this wasn’t anything like she expected. He smiled and blushed a bit. “If there’s anything I can ever do to make it better, I will.” He said. “Just let me know what to do and I’ll try my best.”

Users who are viewing this thread

Back