• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy you put me back together and gave me life [p w/ nekogirl]

WolfWiggs1

she/her—*:・゚✧
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
020F932A-45EB-4FEE-8B86-77CB7FB036B2.png
name: ryan fowler
nickname: rye/ry
birthday: june 18th
zodiac sign: gemini
sexuality: pansexual
height: 6’1”
1606014644672.png
name: andrew dickens
nickname: andy
birthday: january 30th
zodiac sign: aquarius
sexuality: pansexual
height: 6'0"
if you have any questions or changes you’d like for me to make, let me know!

Last edited:
D5DD891F-2526-468A-AAAE-555A60AF72AC.jpeg
(Credit to the artist. No idea who drew this not me.Ive had it for years as her face claim. )
name: Courtney Caraway
nickname: none unless she is given one
zodiac: Aries
sexuality: straight?
height: 5’7”
2D3156BC-7976-4AFA-8AF0-B1B8BF6409D2.jpeg
name: Daniel Caraway
nickname: Danny
age 18
zodiac : Sagittarius
sexuality: bisexual
height: 5’ 10”

Last edited:
Well this wasn’t what Courtney had wanted... She had hoped her lack of interest in getting married and her reputation for being an improper princess would keep it from happening, but alas this kingdom either didn’t know or didn’t care about that so when her parents were given an offer to have their daughter married off to some princess, they accepted without hesitation and without input from Courtney. The young princess wasn’t sure why this came as a shock to her, it wasn’t like as a princess and fourth child to her parents she had much of a say it what happened to her. and being a tad older then most princesses when they are married off or engaged she figured she was free from that obligation. Why would this kingdom want to their son to marry her? 4th born and third princess. Wasn’t like she had much to offer except her body. Was there something wrong with this prince? Now that she thought about it she couldn’t find much information on him... just her luck....

Courtney slouched and looked out the window to her carriage looking out the window, watching the sensory pass by. Well at lest this kingdom was pretty, so Guess that was a plus of her new home.

”sit up properly dear, it’s bad on your back to slouch,” her mother said to her.

Courtney sighed, “yes mother.” She said and sat up properly. Well it was nice of her parents to come with Her. They said it was to do last minute paper work to seal the agreement but part of it she felt was to make sure she got to her new home and didn’t try running away. From what she understood this was just for an engagement. The actually wedding wouldn’t happen for another few months when weather was the nicest. Guess this gave her time to at least to get to know her future husband and plan an escape if need be.

“I think we are almost there,” her father said. And sure enough they were. They pulled up to a castle and the carriage stopped. Courtney got out with out the help of the coachman and looked around.
The queen sighed at her daughters independence and got out with her husband.

Ryan figured his whole life that he would be stuck in an arranged marriage. He wasn’t told anything about the princess. His parents were distant from him, and he wasn’t even sure if they knew much about the princess. Ryan wished his parents were better with communication. He didn’t know if they were just busy or if they actually didn’t want to talk to him. Maybe the princess wouldn’t be too unkind and would be nice company.

Ryan’s mother stepped into the room, making the young man jump. He wasn’t expecting his mother to walk in. “The princess should be close. Be polite, my dear.” She said. Ryan nodded and smiled at his mom. “I’ll be kind. I promise.” He said. He was about to say something else when his mother left again. Ryan hated to see her go. Every second one of his parents were near, he was willing to really get to know them. He wished he knew why they pushed him away. The prince finished getting ready for their meeting and started walking out.

Ryan was nervous already. He was no extrovert, but he really wanted to put his best side forward. Something about being married off so soon didn’t add up to him. Why were they so eager to find someone for him? He was just nineteen. What if him and the princess didn’t click like they were supposed to? Ryan was just getting more and more stressed the more he thought about it. Something was too suspicious about all of this.

Once outside, his parents were talking and looked at Ryan when he joined. His father smiled at him and motioned him over. “Ryan, come stand next to your mother. Hands behind your back and stand straight.” His father told him. Ryan nodded and with hesitation, he joined his family. He stayed quiet and listened to his parents as they told him about what to do when the princess got there. Ryan was looking at the ground as he waited. He swayed in his shoes until he was nudged by his mother to stop. The prince looked up and realized a carriage was pulling in. Everything suddenly became real. He became stressed all over again. Seeing the princess step out made Ryan smile. She was absolutely pretty, but of course he wanted to get to know her. His father stepped up to the carriage with the queen and Ryan following. “It’s nice to meet you.” The king greeted and bowed in front of the princess. Whenever the other set of rulers stepped out of the carriage, Ryan’s father shifted his attention to them. He greeted them with a smile and bowed to them both. Ryan stuck with his mom as they focused on the princess. “Princess Courtney, this is Prince Ryan.” She introduced. Ryan smiled at Courtney and took her hand, gently kissing it. “It’s a pleasure to finally meet you.” Ryan said. The king stepped back and looked at everyone. “Shall we get inside and settle the details while the future king and queen get to know each other?” He suggested.

Courtney looked around curiously expecting just to be greeted first by some butlers or maids. She was surprised to see the royal family had come out to greet them themselves. she Blinked but then returned the smile and curtsied. “A pleasure to meet you as well your highness.” She then looked past the king and towards his wife and son. Well he was handsome, so that made her even more suspicious as to why he wasn‘t already engaged. even so it was odd she hadn’t heard much of anything about this prince. She had heard of princes who were ugly but even they would get married if they were the first born son.

She smiled and curtsied against to the queen and prince. She blushed a little at him taking her hand and kissing it. One would think this was common but it wasn’t, not when most princes she knew found her weird or were told not to bother with her due to the rumors. “A pleasure to meet you as well. “

”Aw yes. Let’s settle in. It’s been a long journey,” Courtney heard her father say. Her parents moved to follow their hosts. Courtney took a step forward then stopped waited for Ryan to lead the way. Her mother told her to make a good first impression and being too head strong wouldn’t Be good according to her mothers lecourse that she gave on the way over here. So guess to keep her head down and obey. her parents were very loving so she doubted they would punish her if she made a bad impression and the arranged marriage was canceled. She didn’t want to disappoint them and make her kingdom look even worse for her actions. So she wasn’t going to ruin it just because she didn’t want it.

Ryan was surprised by how both sets of parents wanted to get this over with. Why didn’t his parents offer to show them around? He was confused about everything. Ryan bent his arm to his side so Courtney could link arms with him. “I guess they’re ready to go.” He chuckled. Ryan figured if it was just the two of them now, he didn’t have to act so perfect. Maybe he could relax a little and let go of all his stress. “To be honest, I was pretty stressed about this. My parents wanted me to be perfect.” Ryan admitted as they started walking. The parents were far enough ahead they wouldn’t be able to hear their conversation.

Once inside, Ryan figured they were going somewhere different than the parents. He decided to just show Courtney around. “There’s a bathroom connected to every bedroom here. They’re all quite relaxing and calm.” Ryan told Courtney. “There’s a balcony near my room. I like going there at night sometimes. My parents don’t let me wander around at night, but I get by with sneaking around sometimes.” Ryan glanced at Courtney and sighed. “I’m sorry you had to leave your old kingdom behind for this. I’m sure it’s nicer than what you’ve already seen here.” Ryan did feel like he was to blame for making her leave. He could’ve told his parents he didn’t want to marry.

Courtney watched as the parents set off leaving the two young royals behind. She looked at Ryan and linked her arm with his since he offered and she didnt much like the idea of getting lost if she was to wander around by herself.
"Why does this stress you out? Nobody is perfect. I wouldn't say I'm particularly stressed, but just slightly nervous I'd make an embarrassment out of myself and confused. "
She said after she felt the adults were out of ear shot.

She walked with him and looked around. "It is nice to have your own bathroom yes. My room use to have a balcony, but then I had to change rooms." She was caught climbing down from tree outside her balcony. So they had moved her to a room with out a tree by the window or balcony. She smiled some. "You like to sneak out too?" Maybe this prince wasnt so bad.

Courtney shrugged. "Well it is what it is and how it's been done for years. Most princesses go to live in their husband's kingdoms afterall. So in a way I half expected it. No need to apologize. Besides I bet you had as much to say on the matter as I did. Nothing. I was told i would marry you and that's that...." she sighed. " nothing against you personally of course its just I don't really want to get married." She added quickly not wanting him to feel bad. "Though is it just me or is this whole arrangement a bit odd? And do forgive me for being rude but do you not get out much? I don't recall hearing much about you." He seemed about the same age as her and the oldest son of this kingdom so why wouldn't his name be mentioned by others.

Whenever Courtney asked why he was nervous, Ryan felt calmer almost immediately. Her words put him at ease to not worry about messing up. “You’re perfectly fine. Don’t worry about making a mistake. I promise, I won’t care.” He chuckled. Ryan was way more relaxed by now. The prince continued walking with Courtney and listened to her kindly. Ryan smiled when she brought up sneaking out. “You’re okay that I like sneaking out?” He asked. “I didn’t think someone would.”

The longer they walked, the more Ryan was enjoying their time together. He thought Courtney was so unique and special. He was excited to get to know her more. Hearing her talk about her past home still made Ryan feel bad. He couldn't imagine leaving his home and living somewhere completely new, knowing absolutely no one. He didn't blame her for not being too excited to be here. "I don't know anything about you either. My parents haven't told me anything if they do know something." Ryan told her. He was glad to know she thought the situation was weird too. Ryan chuckled a bit when Courtney asked if he got out often. "Honestly, I'm here majority of the time." Ryan said. "If I go outside, it's to the village nearby and my parents have to go with me. If I ever want to leave the castle, they have to go with me." Ryan shrugged a bit. "My parents are distant from me. I'm not sure they're just busy with things to do, but I barely talk to them. I'm not surprised to know there's no talk about me. I don't know what I did wrong, but it'll be fine. It's not like people have to know about me." Ryan told Courtney.

Courtney giggled. “Well I’d be a hypocrite if I said I didn’t like the idea of you sneaking off. I would sneak out when ever I told. Usually to just go around the village surrounding the castle, or to the kitchens, or to the armory. “ Well if he didn’t mind her improperness she didn’t mind opening up. ”when I snuck out I tried to get people to teach me new things. Like the baker in the town taught me to make bread. And in the armory I learned how to take care of different weapons And how to Hold them properly. even a few basic stances until my parents found out and forbid me to continue...” but she did hope she wasn’t saying too much, just because Ryan didn’t mind didn’t mean his parents wouldn’t.

Courtney raised a brow. “They are distant from you yet you have to go with them if you want to go out?” Now that was odd. she gave her parents a reason not to trust her and want to keep an eye on her. But her older siblings never had that issue And neither did her younger brother. They had a sense of independence and got out to go to balls and events at other kingdoms. ”I’m sure you didn’t do anything wrong. But they really keep you locked away in here? And aren’t you the crown prince? So shouldn’t you know. the people of this kingdom know about you? And wouldn’t they want you to get out to find a bride? this Arrangement just seems really sudden, something isn’t adding up to me.”

Ryan was already so fascinated by Courtney's life. She seemed so adventurous and fun to be around. This was so worth it already. Her questioning why his parents were so distant made the prince really think about how strange the situation was. He grew up knowing nothing different. The way Courtney had talked about her life seemed so cool to Ryan. Was he really held hostage here? Ryan bit his lip. Something in him didn't want to blame his parents completely for everything. "I am their only child. Maybe they just don't want to lose me." He said. "I guess an arrangement just made sure I stayed here." Ryan said. He felt weird about making excuses for his parents, but it didn't feel good to just blame them for barely doing anything wrong. At least they didn't anything horrible in his mind for now.

Ryan snapped out of his thoughts and realized where they were. "We're at your room now. Sorry I got us distracted." He apologized. Ryan opened the door for Courtney and let her enter first. Ryan followed the princess into the room and glanced around. "My room's just a few doors down if you ever need anything." Ryan told her. He walked over one of the windows in the room and looked outside. "Maybe we can sneak out soon and do something fun." He said and gave Courtney a smile. "Maybe someday you can show me beyond the village. I would love to visit your old kingdom someday to see what it's like." Ryan leaned against the wall by the window and watched Courtney. He still felt awful for dragging her away. "You'd tell me if you wanted to go back, right? I don't want you miserable here. Don't ever spare my feelings."

“Well they wouldn’t be losing you. If your the only child you’re the one who is going to take over the kingdom one day right? “’ ‘wow this boy is really sheltered’ Courtney thought. That wasn’t a bad thing but it just made things even more weird. Which Courtney kind of liked since Ryan Wasn’t like the other princes she had met.

Both seemed to be lost in thought and brought out by arriving at Courtney’s bed room. A servant had carried Her trunk in and put it down. “Oh no you are fine. I was thinking as well.” She gave him a reassuring smile. She nodded and looked around the room. she shouldn’t get to use to this room and bathroom but wondered how long she will be in here. She smiled at the idea of sneaking away. “Well maybe we should wait until my parents leave. we don’t need anyone looking for us and find us not here, but it might be difficult for me to show you around since all I’ve really seen was the road to come her. But I’d love to take you to visit my homeland Some day.” She walked back over to look out the window and see the grounds.

she shook her head. “No. I wouldn’t say anything. even if I wanted to go back it wouldn’t look good if I did go back. Not for this kingdom or my parents. And it would just disappoint my parents. So This is my home now. Really this is something I knew was a possibility for as long as I can remember.“ She turned to him and smiled. “It’s okay really.” Still there was some sadness behind it. ”I will miss my home kingdom. And it’s people. And my family.” Maybe the reality was starting to sink in.

Ryan was happy to hear that Courtney wasn’t opposed to the idea of exploring what was beyond the kingdom. He wasn’t even sure where they could go. He wished he knew a lot about the world beyond the castle. Ryan would love to be the one to show Courtney around. It would still be fun to explore together though. He watched Courtney walk over and look out at the land with him. Someday this would all be theirs. Hearing Courtney answer his question made him frown at her response. Even if she said it was fine, he didn’t believe her. She was leaving so much behind and Courtney didn’t even know if she liked it here. “I’m sorry.” He said. The princess had said it was fine, but Ryan still wanted to apologize.

The prince fidgeted with his fingers as he thought about his now future. It was setting in that he was going to marry Courtney and they were going to be together forever. “I want you to be able to leave. I like you, I do, but I wish you could choose your life and not have people choose it for you.” Ryan said. “Don’t even let me control you. You have every right to hurt me if I start to.” Ryan didn’t want to lose his first ever friend, but he didn’t want her to be miserable either. Courtney deserved the best.

The door opened and Ryan turned his head to see who it was. It was just his mother. “Ryan, Courtney’s parents are about to leave. Can you two come say goodbye?” She asked. Cadence could tell both of them looked upset, but she didn’t address it. It wasn’t important at the moment. Ryan sighed and nodded. He offered his arm to her again and faked a smile. He just wished both of them were treated better. Their lives were so controlled already. Hopefully one day it would all get better.

Courtney looked back out the window and rubbed her eyes to keep the tears from forming and falling. Why was this hitting her now? ‘Damn.’ She sniffed. “No no, don’t be sorry.” She then laughed A little. “Alright I won’t let you control me.” She smiled and rubbed her eyes again refusing to cry. “Thank you.” It was nice to have some one care and not see her as just a princess pawn to be used in making alliances or just a way to get and heir. or just as a girl but want her to have choices.

Courtney looked towards the door as well. She frowned. “What? They are leaving already?“ they made those arrangements quick.... Courtney almost felt like she really was being given away and gotten rid of.. she nodded and looked down. She took Ryan’s arm around and let him lead her back to the front of the castle.

She went over to her parents and gave them a hug good bye and was still trying not to cry. She kept repeating that she knew this was coming and she didn’t want to look bad or like a child. She forced a smile when her mother let her go and kissed her cheek. “Write as soon as your home?”

”of course dear,” her mother said and smiled. Her dad hugged her as well. Courtney took after her dad mom and he looked sad as well.
“We love you remember that. I regret we Can’t stay longer but we will be back for your wedding.“ he said.
Courtney nodded. “Alright. Good bye. Dad. Mom.” She then stepped back and let the, get in their carriage and depart. She waved them off And her smile faded once they were gone.

Last edited:
Ryan couldn’t imagine how Courtney felt at the moment. He wished he could give her the best possible life where she could be in control. Cadence left the room first and Ryan stayed back until he knew she was out of earshot, then he began walking. “I know I keep apologizing, but I’m sorry this is happening.” He told her. “You seem amazing, but this just seems oddly rushed and strange.” Ryan told Courtney. He was over the phase of defending his parents now. They had to explain a lot if they wanted to be on his good side. “We better get wine or something cool after this this.” He chuckled.

Ryan began his fake “kind prince” behavior and attitude when they came before his parents and Courtney’s. “I’m sorry to see you two leave so soon.” Ryan told Courtney’s parents. “Courtney’s a kind spirit. I’ll make sure she’s taken good care of. Maybe some day we’ll be able to visit you both again and the kingdom.” Ryan said. He looked at Courtney and gave her a smile. “Take all the time you need.” He told her. Ryan couldn’t imagine how hard this was for Courtney. He was doing his best to be as kind and supportive as possible.

Courtney’s father Shook Ryan’s hand and thanked him before he left. He felt reassured a little more that this would work out for his daughter. But if Courtney really was in danger or not in a good place he never expected her to put up with it And he would also take her back home. “You are welcomed any time.” He told him before they left.

Ryan’s kindness was really the only thing that kept her from busting into tears then and there. “I think I want to go back to my room for now And settle in alone for a bit.” She said. She really did want to cry but didn’t want to be around anyone. She hated crying and rather be a lone for a while. Maybe take a bath... it had been a long trip And with her emotions running high it hit her how tired she was.
She walked back to her room and shut the door. She sighed and went and sat on the bed before she slowly let herself cry Herself to sleep.

Ryan was glad Courtney’s father didn’t seem to hate him already. He smiled when he told Ryan he was always welcomed. “Thank you, I appreciate it. You two are always welcomed here.” He told the man. He said goodbye to Courtney’s mother as well and then returned next to Courtney. His parents left when Courtney’s did. Ryan didn’t blame her for wanting alone time. He was worried about her though. “Of course.” He said and gave Courtney a smile. “Let me know if you need anything, okay? I’m just two doors to the left from your room.” He told her.

Ryan knew deep down that she was going to cry and he hated knowing that. He wanted to help her so badly, but he didn’t know how to make it better. The next morning he woke up early and personally made her breakfast. He wanted to make sure she ate something. Ryan took the food up to Courtney’s room and knocked on the door before peeking inside. “Courtney? Are you awake?” He asked. Ryan stepped in and carried the plate of food over to the table beside her bed. “I made you breakfast to help you feel better.” He said. Ryan was dressed in comfier clothes than his formal wear. Ryan liked a comfier style more than an elegant one.

Courtney was glad her welcome to The kingdom wasn‘t void of complete care. She assumed her parents made it a quick leave to make it less painful. it was still painful but at least it was over quickly. And while she was great full for Ryan being so kind she appreciated him letting her be to just cry on her own. After a few hours she woke up during the night. She got up and changed into a night gown. A Maid came by with some soup. “you missed dinner your highness and we thought you might want a little something if you were awake.”Courtney smiled a little and thanked her taking the soup. It was comforting and really familiar. But she didn’t think to much about it being exhausted. So she did go back to sleep.

The next morning she woke up to the sun coming through the window Since she forgot to close the curtains. she sighed and rolled out of bed and changed into a simple And comfortable dress that was still fitting to be a princess. she Stretched and sighed wishing she hadn’t fallen asleep in her dress the night before. it wasn’t a good dress to travel in and then sleep in. She was unpacking when she heard the knock on her door and heard it open.

”Good morning Ryan,” she said with a smile. She figured she would drop some of the formalities of Calling him by his title. He was dressed down as well so it showed her he didnt care about being so formal all the time. Plus she thought it would be weird to address her fiancé in such a formal way, since she assumed they were officially engaged in terms of paper work. She moved to sit on the bed. She blinked. ”You know how to cook so you made me breakfast?” Then smiled. “you don’t have to but. Thank you.”

(me:”Like ripping off a bandaid!”
courtney: “what is a bandaid?”)

(that made me laugh)

Ryan was glad to see Courtney awake. The soup bowl made him feel better knowing that she was given food. He sat next to Courtney wanting to talk to her just a bit and not bother her a bunch. “I’ve had a lot of free time growing up. I may as well put my training to good use.” He chuckled. “It’s the least I could do. I wish I could do more to help, but I just don’t know how.” Ryan admitted to Courtney. He was opening up pretty well to the princess for just knowing her barely even a day.

“How are you doing?” Ryan asked. “I know yesterday wasn’t that great, but maybe today will be better. I want to help you, I really do. If there’s nothing I can do, I want to at least support you.” The prince told her. Ryan wished everything was better for them right now. Courtney won’t see her parents for a while and Ryan felt like his parents didn’t want to really do anything from now on. It seemed they just wanted to get the signing and meeting the parents over with and call it good. Nothing else seemed to matter to them now.

“Yeah. Well I suppose a pro when it comes to your parents not caring about what you do it means you can learn a lot of new and different skills. I have never heard of a prince who knew how to cook.” Courtney smiles a little and takes the plate. She didn’t want to say his parents didn’t care about him but from what little she had seen that sure seemed likely. She took the food and tasted it slowly. It wasn’t the best but definitelynot bad. “Thank you for your kindness. It really has helped. And the food is good.” She smiled and continued to eat.

Courtney was natural an open person and only really hid When she felt she couldn’t trust others or would be judged poorly by others at balls and festivals. She trended to be more of a wall flower at those events if she couldn’t find some maids, servants, or knights to talk to or listen to their stories. “Thank you. I think things will get better. I just think yesterday hit me harder then I thought but now it’s done and nothing left to do except move on since It does no one any good to keep being upset about it.” Little did she knew things were only going to get worse.

Ryan smiled and shrugged when she brought up cooking in his free time. "I'm not the best by any means. The cooks we have are way better. It's nice to know I have a trick up my sleeve I can use if I ever need to. Who knows, maybe I'll be stranded and have to make my own food someday. We'll never know." Ryan chuckled. He laid down on the bed on his side and held his head up with his arm. He listened to Courtney talk about yesterday and he hoped today things really did get better like they both hoped. "I'm here for you no matter what though. Don't be scared to come talk to me." He told Courtney and gave her a smile.

Ryan's face lit up when he thought of an idea. "How about today I show you around? I don't want you to get lost around here." He suggested. "Plus, it'll be our way of exploring in a way. We may not be able to leave, but we can look around the castle." He said. Ryan sat up with a lot of optimism about his day now. "There's no rush to get ready. We can leave whenever you want to, I don't mind." He told her.

”It’s more then Im able to do. My cooking and baking lessons didn’t last very long,” She laughs, “yes I’m sure one day you’re cooking knowledge will save us. Hey maybe we can go down to the kitchen sometime and have some more cooking lessons!” Not Having an adult tell her what she can and can’t do would be a nice change. As much as she loved and missed her parents already it seemed moving out had made her cage bigger when the king and queen don’t seem to care. She would think and worry about why later. “Alright. And don’t be afraid to talk to me. I really am an open book.” She smiled and finished the breakfast and put the plate down on the night stand.

“Yes! That sounds like a fantastic plan. I wouldn’t want to get lost in my new home. “ she smiled and stood up. “And unpacking some Of my Things is boring. And knowing I’ll just have to pack it all up again and move rooms. Ug it isn’t a fun thought. So I’m up for a break. “ She walked and sat by the vanity. “Just let me pin my hair up.”

Ryan liked the idea of cooking lessons. It seemed like something fun they could do together and bond over their good moments and bad ones as well. “Can we started with cookies or something easy?” He asked. “I’ve never made a desert before, only breakfast stuff.” Ryan said. He also didn’t want to make too much of a mistake in front of Courtney. It was nice to have fun, but Ryan wasn’t one to embarrass himself. He was fine with putting himself out there to an extent. Hearing Courtney say that he could talk to her made him feel warm inside. He hoped that he didn’t annoy her if he ever did talk to her.

Ryan watched Courtney as she stood up and listened to her with a smile on his face. She seemed super excited about the plan, making Ryan feel better. He listened to her complain about having to unpack and then repack at some point again. He wished they could just move into the same room together already. It would be easier on the both of them. He watched Courtney go over to the vanity and fix her hair. “Your hair looks soft.” Ryan said and moved to the edge of the bed and continued watching her.

Courtney shrugged. “I like cookies. but I haven’t made them before either. So hopefully there is someone down there to teach us. Or some cook books. I have made a cake before. It didn’t look pretty but it wasn’t burnt so it tasted alright.” She didn’t mind trying new things and embarrassing herself with a failure as long as it didn’t look bad on the reputation fo the kingdom or her parents. She herself didn’t mind failure And learned from it.

Courtney hummed softly to herself as she pinned back her hair And brushed the rest down into place. she assumed the rest of her things would be put in a room to share with Ryan latter since they only had two trunks with her and her parents on their carriage. But she supposed she understood it would seem unseemly for her to be sharing a room with a man Before marriage.
she smiled and blushed a little. “Thanks. it Is. Would you...l like to feel my hair.” She asked. It may sound weird to offer but it would also be a weird thing to ask. But Courtney liked when people played with her hair. one thing she did like to do and wasnt seen as improper was having her older twin sister braid and play with and style her hair.

Ryan thought the baking story was cool. "A cake's more than I have learned desert wise." He laughed. "I'm sure one of the cook's would be willing to teach us. If not, it'll be fun trying to not burn down the castle and try to make something edible at the same time." He said. Ryan watched her style her hair and snapped out of his trance when Courtney talked to him. He got up and walked over. "Do you think you could teach me how to braid hair at some point?" He asked. "It doesn't have to be today, but at some point would be nice." Ryan always wanted to learn how to braid just in case he had a daughter someday. He wanted to be in his kids' lives more than his parents were in his.

Ryan ran his hands through Courtney's hair and smiled. "Whoa." He chuckled. "This is soft." Ryan said. "I may have to start using whatever hair products you use." The prince looked in the mirror of the vanity at the two of them together. It hit him that they were going to be the image of this kingdom at some point. Ryan smiled at the sight. "We're going to be king and queen someday." He said. "King Ryan and Queen Courtney... you're name sounds nicer." Ryan said. He looked back at Courtney's hair and ran his hands through it some more.

Courtney raised a brow at the request but then shrugged. “Sure. I suppose I could. But I don’t see why you would want to learn.” She said. The idea of him wanting to spend time with a possible future daughter didn’t really cross her mind. She didn’t really spend a lot of time with her dad doing things like that. she liked hearing him till stories or watching him sword fight with her brothers.

Courtney laughed a little and smiled As he ran his fingers through her hair. “Thank you. I will give you some then.“ she looked back At him in the mirror. “Yes yes that is true I suppose we are.” Since she never though of getting married she had never though of being a queen some day. It sounded like a lot of responsibility But at the same time. Maybe it would let her have the freedom to be involved in issues and foreign affairs. She was sure her mom wasn’t directly involved but had to have influence on her father. And Ryan seemed like he was open to having her around. she laughed. “Thanks. I’m found of my name. Can’t take credit For it though. But Ryan is a fine name.”

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back