• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy you put me back together and gave me life [p w/ nekogirl]

Courtney smiled and giggled a little. “Yes yes. We should have a celebration for our marriage.” She then sighed a little. “But that would mean we would have to convince your parents. Because that brings up something else that is abnormal. Normally when two royals become engaged they have some sort of party or celebration to go with it. While you and a few of the staff members have been welcoming. it was strange just how... stoic? Your parents have been towards me. And no real formal announcement that I’ve seen to the people. Hmmmm” she shook her head. “lets talk about that some other time. I look forward to seeing pictures later.” She said trying to get back to the more pleasant topic of conversation.

She gave him a warm smile, “all you need to do is be yourself. No need to try so hard.” She took his hand and held it. She then leaned over and kissed his cheek. “Okay?”

Ryan had never heard of all this traditional stuff that usually happened with marriages and engagements. Victoria had told him some of it, but not all. He figured Courtney would have to explain a lot as time went on. He didn't mind it at all though and hoped she didn't either. He nodded to her suggestion to change the topic. It felt weird to think that one day it would just be the two of them, but he was also somewhat excited about whenever that day would come.

Ryan blushed whenever Courtney took his hand. He was really caught off guard when she kissed his cheek. The prince blushed even more and he gently put his free hand on his cheek where she had kissed him, gently feeling his skin. He nodded to her. "Okay." He said, still flustered by the kiss on his cheek. He looked back at the stars and tried to distract himself from getting so off track again. "Hopefully your other stuff gets here soon. I don't want you to miss anything or something, ya know?"

Courtney giggled at Rayn’s reaction to her kiss. If she was feeling a little meaner she would have teased him more but decided to save it for another day. She didnt want to give the poor boy a heart attack or something from the shock. She did however continue to hold his hand as she turned her attention back up to the stars.
“I hope so as well. Tho not that I really need most of the stuff. A lot of it can be replaced. But I do look forward to sharing things with you.” She had some items of personal value that were important to her and she wouldn’t want to lose them. But she was more worried about the books and those sorts of things that seemed to be missing from this castles library. Things that were hidden from the prince.

Last edited:
Ryan tried to distract himself to keep himself from getting anymore bashful. His eyes connected the stars into constellations while he listened to Courtney. He naturally started to relax some more. He smiled again when she said she wanted to share things with him. He glanced down and then looked at Courtney. “I can’t wait to learn about everything you want to show me.” He said. Ryan took another cookie and then started to eat it. He was getting a bit tired, but he didn’t want to leave Courtney. She was so comforting just with her presence. “I could stay in this spot forever. I love looking at the stars at night. You here just makes it all better.” Ryan said after he finished swallowing the current bite he had been working on.

Courtney returned the smile and picked up another cookie as well. They did turn out very well for it being their first time making them.

After spending about half an hour or so looking at the stars and discussing the different constellations, Courtney shivered a little before laughing. “I don’t think staying here forever is the best idea. Star gazing is fun but it’s starting to get a little chilly. I can share more things with you and you can tell me more about the stars tomorrow. Let’s head in for the night.” She said and started to put in the remaining cookies and milk back in the basket.

Ryan looked at Courtney when she spoke up again. He nodded and helped her pick everything up. “Sorry, I should’ve been thinking more.” He said. Ryan stood up and helped Courtney stand up as well. “You can have the rest of the cookies. Take it as a welcome for your first day here.” He said. “I’ll take the milk back after I walk you to your room.” He said. Ryan wrapped his arm around Courtney and rubbed her arm to try to provide just a bit of warmth. “Guess next time we’ll being a blanket, hm?” He said.

Courtney shook her head. “Don’t be sorry. I was just teasing you.” She took his has he helped her up. “I’ll take the cookies. But you’re going to have to help me finish them. I should eat them all by myself. You don’t want me to get fat do you?” She said still teasing him. She hoped she didn’t sound too serious not sure how much of her teasing and sarcasm he understood having not heard it from many if any others.

She smiled as he wrapped an arm around her as they started back inside towards her room. She leaned closer almost resting on him as they walked. “Yea. Definitely need more blankets next time. hope that we can get out side more soon Before winter really sets in.”

Ryan nodded when Courtney told him that she was just teasing him. He needed to make sure he didn't take everything she said so seriously. He was used to seriousness, but hopefully he could open his mind some more to understand what Courtney was really trying to say. She didn't seem to be the type of person to be mean to him. If she ever was being mean, he would just have to remind himself now that she was joking. Hearing her tease him again, he laughed. "I'll take half of them. I couldn't care less if you were fat or not though." He said.

Thinking about winter made Ryan realize he was probably going to get married sooner than he thought. His parents probably wouldn't want the wedding in the cold. Ryan pushed the thought away and just tried to focus on Courtney for now. "I'm sure we'll be able to." He said. "They can't lock us up from going outside." He joked with a laugh. After he thought about it, his life was like that now. Whenever they got to Courtney's room, Ryan stopped and glanced at the basket. "Maybe I should come back with a napkin or something so it's not so messy?"

Courtney giggled. “Aw. Well thanks for not caring how I look. It does mean a lot. But since we put them in one container I will keep them in my room. But feel free to come and get some when ever you want until they are gone.” She gave him a smile. She really should tease him less. He was super sweet and she didn’t want to seem mean.

Courtney was thinking they would marry in the spring. Since winter was so close. But maybe a winter wedding would be nice? She wasn’t sure what the custom of this land was. But she hoped it would come later and in spring so her family could come up and not risk unsafe travels. But she didn’t much care to think that far ahead. It made her nervous. She laughed a little. “Well I think they could if they wanted to. But I’m more worried of the risk of being locked out by accident. Or the doors freeze if shut.“ she looked at the basket. “Hmmm if you want to you could. But it is late. I won’t want you to be up going back and forth. I’m sure it can be cleaned up in the morning.”

Ryan nodded to her freezing door theory. "I don't think you have to worry about that." He said. "It's never happened before. Not saying that it can't happen, but I don't think it's will ever be that frozen." He explained. "As for the cookies, I'll just come get them in the morning. I don't want to interrupt your sleep schedule or anything." Ryan told her. He gently kissed her cheek like she had with him and gave her a hug. "Goodnight. I hope you sleep well. You know where my room is if you ever need me." Ryan added. He gave her a smile and waved as he was walking away back to his room.

“Never say never,“ Courtney said and smiled. “can‘t be to careful you know. And alright I will see you in the morning than.” She felt both her cheeks warm up a little from the kiss And returned the hug. “Good night Ryan. I hope you sleep well as well. If I’m not in my room in the morning I might be in the kitchen or library. Just so you know.” She stepped away and waved as she watched him for a bit as he walked down the hall before retiring for the night. She changed into her night gown and curled up into bed. She drifted to sleep easily after the long day of exploring the castle, reading in the library, baking, and stargazing.

~~~

The following days seemed to follow a similar pattern as her first full day, but had yet to get boring. Courtney kept finding out a bit more about her future home and telling Ryan more about things he missed out on. But it was a shame some of her books were not to be found as her things arrived from her old home. She of course might not have packed a few.... but some she was positive she had.... when she brought this up to her future in laws, they seemed very dismissive Just saying they were just books and not to bother replacing them.... this made her not want to discus other concerns of hers with them And she kept some of this from Ryan not wanting to cause him to worry about it.

Daniel Caraway rather missed his older sister. As soon as his parents returned he asked if he could go and visit his sister. It of course took a few days to convince them to let him go. What kind of brother wouldn’t want to check on his sisters happiness? Plus they really hadn’t gotten a proper goodbye. One day they were sneaking off to get some bread in the village and the next his sister was engaged and off she was dragged away. It really wasn’t fair....plus hee had a surprise for her.

Buuuut the prince did have a selfish reason to want to get away from his parents kingdom. If they were so willing to accept a wedding proposal for Courtney it was only a mater of time they would try and get him to settle down with some princess. If courtney dislike of the idea of marriage was 10 Daniels was an 11. Courtney just wanted to be free to be single and be her own woman Which was respectable. She hadn’t really thought much of love or relationships. Unlike Daniel who wished to love who he wanted and not be forced into some arranged marriage.... but when you loved some one who it was deemed unacceptable to love....it made things.... difficult.... to say the least.... and not only had Daniel fallen for some one unacceptable due to different in ranks... he also feel for another male...

So not only was this a trip to check on his sister, but an excuse to get some alone time with his best friend...which sadly might be forced to a close...how long could they keep sneaking around before It caused even more pain? Or before someone was physical hurt or in trouble?

Ryan was having so much fun bonding with Courtney and getting to know almost everything about her. He felt like he really had someone he could share everything with. Sometimes he just thought about Courtney whenever she wasn’t even around. He usually caught himself smiling when he thought about her as well. Victoria came to check on Ryan in the morning, and the prince explained everything to Victoria. She helped him realize that he was truly falling for her. Now, he just needed to tell Courtney the truth. Ryan was really nervous to admit his feelings to her, so he planned on doing it that night to give himself some time. After Ryan got ready for the day, he went to Courtney’s room to talk to her. He hoped her missing books would arrive soon. He was eager to learn, but he was more concerned for Courtney. He didn’t want the books being gone to ruin her stay here. Once at Courtney’s room, he knocked and waited for a response.

Andrew wished him and Daniel could see each other more, but they had to do everything they could to prevent themselves from being caught. He mainly visited Daniel at night. No one would be around, and it was kinda fun to sneak into his room. Andrew was dreading the day that Daniel would have to leave him though. Anything to keep Daniel by his side, he would be willing to at least try. The trip to see Daniel’s sister was a perfect opportunity for them both. They could have their alone time while making Daniel’s family think Andrew was just there for protection. The knight wasn’t as anxious about everything as much as Daniel, but he always supported him no matter what. Andrew was watching the scenery from the carriage (i’m assuming they’re in a carriage) and he looked at Daniel to check on him. “Hi.” He said innocently and held the prince’s hand. “Are you thinking about anything?” Andrew asked.

Courtney was thankful for Ryan, even tho in the back of her mind she had her worries and questions about his parents being around him always put her at ease and distracted her. She came to think of him as calming rather then boring like her first impression of him. She was able to relax and just be herself. She wasn’t judged or looked down upon. She found herself thinking of Ryan when he wasn’t around. She really lucked out. She was finally excited by the idea of getting married not because she had to but she actually feeling like she wanted to! The idea was feeling less and less foreign to her.

Currently this morning she was sitting at the vanity and reading A history book she had found In the library. It was the oldest she could find and it was painting quiet a different picture of the kingdom. She suspected it was missed because there were several years before this leading up to the current rulers she couldn’t find....she would keep this to herself not wanting to worry Ryan. she jumped a little hearing the knock. “who is it?” She asked getting up and putting this book under her pillow and getting another random book out.

~~~

Daniel didn’t get how carefree Andrew could be at times. Daniel himself wasn’t one to be too strict and serious about Most things except when it came to the ones he loved being in trouble... Surely Courtney and Andrew could take care of themselves. Courtney was the most stubborn person he had ever met and Andrew was a knight after all. But there was only so much Courtney could do physically and politically being female and not every problem can be solved with fighting....
Daniel was watching the scenery go by as well from the opposite window. When he felt Andrew take and hold his hand he looked over. “hmm?” He laughed and smiled . “Hello. Yeah just worrying about Courtney. Hope she is doing alright... the fact no one has heard of this Prince Ryan. And we know very little about this kingdom has really got me worried about her you know?”

Ryan smiled hearing Courtney’s voice. Her voice was the most pleasant thing he had ever heard. Her voice was absolutely calming to him. “A kidnapper.” He responded to Courtney with a laugh. He was getting used to joking around with Courtney. Ryan opened the door and stepped in to see her with a book. “Sorry, I didn’t mean to interrupt your reading.” He said. Ryan glanced around the room. “I just wanted to see if you had anything in mind would could do today or tonight.” He said.

Andrew moved some hair out of Daniel’s face as he listened to the other. “I’m sure she’s alright. We’ll see her soon and she can tell you all about her experiences there. We can sneak her back if we need to.” He said. Andrew glanced at their hands and then back at Daniel. “And for the prince, we can question him all you want to make sure he’s qualified for your sister. I’ll ask any question that you don’t want to.” Andrew said and kissed Daniel’s cheek. He tried his best to comfort Daniel when he could. He didn’t like the prince worrying too much.

Courtney laughed some. “Oh well then go away. I rather like it here Mr. kidnapper and rather not be taken. “ She sat on her bed and closed the book she was pretending to have just read. “Oh Hello Ryan. Glad to see the kidnapper that was just outside the door didn’t get you.“ She put the book to the side, “oh it’s alright. I was just thinking I should put it down anyways to get some breakfast.” She stood and walked towards him in the doorway and shook her head. “No I haven’t given it much through yet. but we can decide now if you want Just let me get the list.” She said changing direction to get the paper off her vanity and a pen before going back to the door.

Daniel smirked and shook his head a little to put the hair back in his face, partly to annoy Andrew and partly to see if he would move it away again. “Yeah. You’re right maybe I should be worrying about Ryan more,” he laughed. “Hmm not sure if she would want us to rescue her or not. She might just get offended and want to just rescue herself. “ He moved his hand to hold Andrew’s better and returned the kiss on the cheek. “now what questions would I not want to ask That you would need too?” He asked curiously.

Ryan laughed with her kidnapper joke. “I actually just had to fight him off. I’m lucky to have made it out alive.” He joked. He loved how much fun Courtney was. It was nice to finally have a friend he could be around and do stuff with. It was nice just to have a friend in general. Ryan watched Courtney move around the room. as he listened to her. “I haven’t eaten yet either.” He said. Ryan watched her turn away and go back to the list. “I was thinking maybe we could bake something and then look at the stars like we did the first night you came here.” He said. “If you want to do something else though, we can do that. I was just throwing out an idea.”

Andrew didn’t mess with Daniel’s hair again. He wanted to wait until he was done talking to Dan. He chuckled at the mention of Courtney being so independent, that she would save herself. “You’re right.” He said. Andrew smiled some more at the kiss on his cheek and Daniel’s question. “I just assumed you wanted to seem like the sweet one. I don’t mind asking the tough questions if you don’t want to.” Andrew said. He looked back at Daniel’s hair. “Now, let’s fix this so I can see your face.” He said and moved it out of the way again. He adjusted some more parts of Daniel’s hair and then nodded with a smile. “Better.” He said.

Courtney laughed when he continued the joke. He really was funny after getting use to using humor. she took his hand once she was ready to go and started towards the dinning room closing her door behind her. “Alright. We just need to remember to pack another blanket for us to use and maybe a book and a candle? What should we try and make this time? Cookies again or something else?” She liked the idea it would give them time to talk more about the actual stars this time maybe.

Daniel laughed. “No I don’t want to come off as sweet. Not at first anyways. I rather go in not liking the guy who took my sister away.” Well he doubted it was actually the prince’s decision. Normally the Royal children had little say, but he could be wrong. And it wasn’t like Daniel really had anything else against Ryan. He would more then happily be proven wrong, since Daniel generally liked most people. “you can ask any questions you want to tho or if you feel I forgot something. but really I haven’t thought of much to ask in the first place.”

He laughed again and shook his head again and put his hair out of place again. “You see my face all the time.” He said and let go of his hand before pulling him into a hug and nuzzled into his neck some. It wasn’t like they couldn’t hang out during the day. They did. They talked. Practiced sword fighting, hunted, hung out. It wasn’t that unusual, but they couldn’t show to much real affection at risk of being seen. Even if they appeared to be alone they didnt risk it. But now only one around was the carriage driver. Who couldn’t see or hear them as he was guiding the horses.

Ryan was happy to hold her hand again. He was really turning into a physical touch person as well. Courtney just made touch feel so nice. He nodded to her suggestions about what they should bring this time. “I was thinking maybe we could make brownies.” He said. “Unless you want to try something else.” Ryan told Courtney. He was willing to do anything that involved Courtney. When they got to the dinning hall, Ryan’s parents glanced over at them. “Good morning, Ryan. Good morning, Courtney.” His mother greeted. His father gave them both a smile. “You both seem really awake.” The king said.

Andrew nodded to accept his permission to ask the other prince any question he wanted to. He rolled his eyes and laughed when Daniel messed his hair up all over again. “I like your face more than your hair.” He chuckled. Andrew wrapped his arms around Daniel when nuzzled into him. He ran his hands through Daniel’s hair and started relaxing. “Did you miss cuddle time?” He said teasingly. Andrew, being a knight, he wasn’t used to expressing attraction and affection. He usually teased Daniel whenever he did. Andrew would never turn Daniel away for wanting or giving affection. Andrew loved it all no matter what.

“Oh I love brownies. and you know you don’t always have to say ‘unless you want to try or do something else.’ If you want to do something that is fine We can do what you want sometimes. I will tell you if I’m not up to something or think it’s a bad idea, but I don’t think I will ever need to. You don’t need to ask for reinsurance all the time.“ she gave him a soft smile. She looked over at the king and queen A tad confused why they were greeted with a smile. “good morning.” She went to go to her chair and let go of Ryan’s hand.

“Yeees,” Daniel said. “We’ve been so busy lately preparing for the trip we haven’t had time.” He sighed a little and relaxed as well. He was going to miss this, but now wasn’t the time to be thinking that way. He should just enjoy the present instead of worrying about the future. “How have you been?”

Ryan blushed a bit whenever Courtney gently got onto him for not being confident with himself. He nodded and gave her a smile. “I’ll work on it. Thank you.” He said. Ryan went over to Courtney’s chair and pulled it out for her and then sat next to her like normal. His mom spoke up. “Courtney, are you liking it here so far?” She asked her. The king nodded. “If you ever need something, just let us know.” He told her.

Andrew smiled and nodded. “Alright, sweetie.” He said snd continued holding him close and playing with his hair. He loved moments like this no matter how tough he acted. “I’ve been alright. I’ve been looking forward to this trip with you. It’ll be nice to have alone time.” The knight said. “I’m excited for you to see your sister. I know you miss her a lot.” He moved Daniel onto his lap so they could be more comfortable. “How are you doing?” He asked him.

.Thank you Ryan.” She said her smile returning as he helped pull out her chair. But Courtney couldn’t believe what she was hearing She had talked to them about her books and wondered about lack of history of the place before when Ryan wasn’t around and they weren’t nearly as friendly or offered to help...”I am thank you. And alright... I will...” ‘not....what Is with those two?’ “What Are we having for breakfast?” She asked. Well if they were talking to her now might as well keep the conversation going.

Daniel wrinkled his nose a little At the pet name. He really wasn’t much a a fan but If it made Andrew happy to call him that.... or was he just teasing him? He couldn’t tell sometimes. But he did like his hair being played with. “That’s good. I’ve been looking forward to this as well. Time with you and Courtney. And I’m sure she will be excited to see us as well. Wonder If she has gotten into more or less trouble on her own. “ he shifted as well so they were comfortable. “I’m alright, just worried about Courtney. “

The king nodded and started talking to the queen until Courtney spoke up again. “It’ll be crumpets and jam for today.” He said. Ryan smiled and looked at Courtney. “Crumpets are the best. I don’t even use the jam and they’re the best.” Ryan said. The prince held Courtney’s hand again under the table. He just really missed her touch today. Ryan wasn’t too crazy about holding Courtney’s hand or being slightly affectionate to her in front of his parents

Andrew listened to Daniel and sighed as he relaxed. He could listen to Daniel forever. His voice was just so perfect to him. He kissed Daniel’s head when he heard him say that he was worried about Courtney. “She’s Courtney. I’m sure she’s fine.” He said. “Don’t stress yourself out, okay?” Andrew hummed a bit to help the both of them relax some more. It was rare to have moments like this, so Andrew wanted to make the best of it. “You’re so warm.” He told Daniel.

“Oh well then I’ll have to try them without jam first than.” Courtney said with a smile. “Normally I would eat them at home with honey. ” She moved her hand so she could intertwine their fingers keeping their hands under the table. while she didn’t mind public displays of affection she sensed Ryan was still not completely comfortable with it. And she couldn’t blame him. His parents made her feel uneasy about it And she also felt like they were being watched at times...

Daniel nodded. “I know. You’re you’re right. I just miss her and I hate to say it but part of me hopes she hates it there and wants to come back. It’s just been kind of boring with out her around. Instead of spending time with her and blowing off what few Royal duties I had I now have to actually do them. I can’t use the excuse of trying to keep an eye on her. And only so many times we can go out To do things before I run out excuses. “ he laughs And rests on him. “Really? Because I think you’re warm.”

Ryan tilted his head at the honey idea. “With honey? I’ve never had them with honey.” He said. “Maybe I’ll try it with honey today.” Ryan said. Feeling Courtney intertwine their fingers, he started to blush a bit. Her skin was so soft. Maybe he was just so into her, but she pretty much felt like silk to him. Ryan looked up as their meals were brought and thanked the staff. “Can we have some honey as well, please?” He asked the staff member that put down the food. The butler nodded and went back to the kitchen. Ryan gave Courtney a smile. “If I don’t like the honey, at least you’ll have some as well.” He said.

Andrew listened to the prince ramble on and he kept playing with his hair as he listened. Daniel’s hair was so soft. He could play with it for hours. Andrew smiled at his teasing about being warm. “I guess we’re both warm.” He said. Andrew started tickling Daniel to mess with him. He liked hearing Daniel laugh anyway. After a while he stopped and gave Daniel an innocent smile. “I couldn’t help myself.” He said.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back