• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy you put me back together and gave me life [p w/ nekogirl]

“I suppose they dont Want me eating it my room in order to keep the room clean and avoid taking food to many places and attract rodents. But usually there is always one of my siblings around to eat with so eating alone in the big room doesn’t happen too often. or you can spent the time talking with the castle servants and cooks. or at least I do. ” of all the things she was taught or told not to do she was never told she couldn’t talk with the servants, knights, maids, or villagers. They just told her not to sneak out of the castle alone to do so...Her parents didn’t want her to think she was above everyone else. Tho still the girl was still young and did think somewhat highly of herself but not in a way she was Better just because she was a princess but because she worked hard.

“Space, hmmm can’t say I know much about that subject. I know of and can pick out a few constellations at least from my kingdom. We did travel a long way to get here and I wonder if the sky is different here I don’t know at What point that happens. And I know some believe the alignment and positions of the stars and planets have significant meanings behind them. I think i was told I’m an Aries... oh If you like looking at recipes I’m surprised you haven’t been down to the kitchens to cook more. “ she laughs some. “maybe we can make some cookies and after go out and look at the stars tonight and you can tell me about them?” She suggested with a smile.

Last edited:
Ryan was more curious to see what Courtney's castle looked like. It sounded like it had so much space and people there. Ryan wished there were more people here to talk to other than just Courtney and Victoria. Both of them were nice to him though and he was nice to them right back. When Courtney started talking about the stars, he was excited to hear that she knew some stuff as well. "I'm a Leo." Ryan told Courtney when she brought up her being an Aries herself.

When Courtney suggested they make cookies and look at the stars, Ryan nodded. "That's fine with me. It sounds fun." He said. Ryan glanced around and then looked back at Courtney. "Anywhere you want to go next?" He asked.

Courtney thought about it for a moment and shrugged. “Could walk around and explore the castle some more or maybe the grounds?It is about time for lunch isn’t it? So what ever we do we shouldn’t go to far. and Then after lunch we can look for some recipes and maybe show me some star charts in the library so I know what I’ll be looking for tonight?” It sounded like a fun little date. “I Can also see if I can remember how to get to certain places?”

”What is the weather usually like? And the climate?” She then asked curiously if they needed a coat or anything to go outside. They had mentioned they would like the wedding to take place later when weather was nicer But the weather didn’t seem to bad when she came but to be fair she had other things on her mind when she came to focus on if she was cold or not Outside.

Ryan thought over her suggestions and decided it would be nice to look around outside. It had been a while since he strolled around the garden and admired the landscaping that had been done. "Outside is nice. It may be a bit chilly this time, so you might want to get a jacket of some sort." Ryan said and lead the way back to Courtney's room. He didn't want her to be cold at all.

When she asked about the climate, Ryan shrugged. "It won't get too cold where we are now. It does snow though and it's very pretty in the garden when it does." He explained. "The summers are warm, but it doesn't get above eighty degrees typically. Even eighty is rare." Ryan started leading the way to the garden as he thought about what else he could say about the weather and climate. "It rains every so often. Not too much, not too little."

“No no don’t lead me I want to see if I can figure out how to get back to the room on my own,” Courtney said. “Not that I don‘t like spending time with you of course but I won’t always have you with me all the time so I need to map things out myself and the best way to learn is to just try and do what ever that is you are learning.” she nodded and then stopped to think. “Don’t tell me unless I am way off track okay?” She said and then headed off in the correct direction. She made a few mistakes but ended up back in the correct hallway And to her room where she got out a jacket from the closet.

”Oh I see, well that isn’t to different then what I’m use to than. Except Evansdale gets a lot more snow and Gets colder. It is also pretty Windy. And I would say the rain amount is more since we also get more snow. But I can’t say exactly what is normal and what isn’t compared to other places. “

she then took Ryan’s arm so he could take her to the gardens and look around at the land scraping and flowers that had been put in. “It is very pretty here.” She said. But she felt like something was missing In the garden. It felt lifeless in a weird way even though All the plants were alive and seemed to be doing well. same energy she felt from the castle itself. It just seemed dull in a way.

Ryan didn’t mind Courtney leading the way back so she could figure out on her own how to get back. It was smart of her to think of preparing herself like this. Hearing about how her kingdom was colder made Ryan feel glad he lived where he did. He didn’t like the cold and tolerated how cold it got here. Ryan didn’t think he could handle anything that was colder than the winters here.

Ryan was enjoying the weather outside. There was a slight breeze that made it cold. He glanced at Courtney when she called the grounds nice. “Thank you.” He said. Ryan felt like there was something missing as well, but he wasn’t sure what it was. The prince didn’t bring it up, not wanting to ruin the situation.

Courtney smiled and let go of his arm to take a closer look at some of the flowers. She had tried gardening for a little while but found it wasn’t to her liking, but she did learn a bit about the different plants. She frowned a little seeing a plant that was poisonous To small creatures. Well it looked pretty so maybe that is why it was there but maybe that is why their wasn’t any small creatures around or they had really good protection to keep them out. But she didn’t say anything about it she would ask a gardener later if she saw one.

after a walk around the gardens they found the garden of greens and vegetables. They must be near the kitchens. “Let’s go back inside for lunch.” Courtney said. “I’m starting to get a bit hungry. Then we can sit and decide what to do next.”

Ryan could tell something was wrong, but he didn’t want to bring it up. It felt weird to be there, but Courtney made it worth it. Ryan watched her look at the one flower and she seemed to be confused as to why it was there. “Something wrong?” He asked. As they continued their walk, Ryan kept thinking about the flower. He didn’t know much about plants and greenery, but maybe there was a book about it that he could read. Ryan nodded to her suggestion about lunch and lead the way inside.

Ryan went back inside the same way they left. “Do you want to see if you can get back to the dinning room this way?” He asked Courtney.

His parents were already in the dinning room quietly talking to Victoria about keeping an eye on Courtney and Ryan. Both the king and queen were worried about the “trouble” they could get into. Really, they were worried that Courtney would be a bad influence on Ryan. He barely knew anything about magic and anything beyond their kingdom. With Courtney coming in from a foreign land, they were worried about what outside thoughts she would bring in.

“Hmm oh nothing, nothing.” She said when he asked what was wrong. But she kept from asking what animals were around the castle, but not seeing any so far she doubted Ryan would have seen any from his room.
Once in the kitchen she looked around and took a deep breath the food smelled fantastic. “Hmm I think I can try. But go a head and pull me in the right direction. Smelling the food has got me really hungry.” She smiled. And walked with him to the dinning room.

She was surprised to see the King and Queen in the room already. “Good afternoon you’re highnesses.” Courtney said walking over and curries before sitting down at the end of the table to wait for lunch. She didn’t like how they got quiet when they walked in. It usually meant they were talking about the person who had just walked in or keeping secrets in any case.

Ryan gave his parents a smile when they walked into the dinning room. He sat down next to Courtney and nudged her. “That’s Victoria they’re talking to. She’s very kind, you’ll like her.” Ryan said. They whispered a few more things to Victoria and then the servant went over to where Ryan and Courtney were sitting. “How are you two doing?” She asked and gave Ryan a hug. Ryan smiled and hugged her back. “We just got done with exploring the place. Victoria, the is Courtney. Courtney, this is Victoria.” Ryan introduced.

The maid smiled at Courtney and gave her a hug. She was a very affectionate and sweet person. “I’m so excited to get to know you more. Ryan seems like a lucky guy already.” Victoria said. Ryan blushed and ran a hand through his hair shyly. “I’m not that great, Victoria.” He chuckled nervously.

Courtney nodded. she wondered what the three had been talking about But confirmed it was about them as they continued to whisper. She smiled when Victoria came over and hugged Ryan. “nice to meet you.” Courtney said. She was surprised by the hug but returned it none the less. She wasn’t use to hugs from complete strangers since most strangers didn’t come up and huge a member of royalty, but she did not mind it.
“I’m excited to get to know you as well. Ryan has told me good things about you.” She blushed a little as well. “I’m not that great either to make anyone lucky.”

”Dont say that Courtney of course you are,” Mary said. she came up with a cart of food. “You both are.”

Ryan nudged Courtney when she talked down on herself. “You’re wonderful, Courtney.” He said. He looked at Mary when he heard her voice. “Hi, Mary.” He said to her and then glanced at Victoria when she touched his shoulder. “I’ll see you two later. You two enjoy your food, okay?” She said and smiled at Courtney. “It was nice meeting you.” She waved and then left the room. Ryan looked back at Mary. “Thank you for the food.” He said. “Courtney has high praise for your food.” Ryan told her.

Out of the corner of Ryan’s eyes, he could tell his father was watching them interact with the servants. He hated seeing them treat each other like friends. Ryan glanced over and his dad looked away and started eating. He felt like he would never live up to what his parents wanted him to be.

Courtney smiled A light blush on her face. “Hello Mary. Good bye Victoria it was nice meeting you too,”she said to the other maid.
“Hello Ryan hello Courntey ,” Mary said and served the prince and princess. ” well I hope it doesn’t disappoint. Tho I didn’t have much to do with this meal to be honest. Still I hope you enjoy your meal. “ she then left them to eat in peace. Another maid had served the king and queen.

it was a quiet Lunch to start. Courtney wasn’t sure what to say so she ate quietly.

(sorry it is a short reply. I just don’t know what else to add for this scene)

Last edited:
(you’re fine!)

Ryan was used to the awkwardly silent meals, but he figured Courtney wasn’t. He had already apologized a few times for how silent everyone was. She wouldn’t have to put up with it if he wasn’t a single prince. Ryan was looking forward to their plans for the night. He thought it would be fun to bake cookies and look at the stars with Courtney.

Ryan knocked on Courtney’s door whenever he was ready. He had taken a nap in his room since he wasn’t used to moving so much. “Are you ready, Courtney? Mary said all the ingredients were there for us.” He said.

“It’s fine really,” Courtney said. She had a few awkward silent meals before when member of the family were mad at each other. Or after days she gotten in trouble. So while the meal wasn’t pleasant she supposed it could be worse. But she did eat Rather quickly as to not prolong being there.

Courntey asked to be taken to the library before Ryan took his nap saying she could find her way back to her Room herself. She explored the library and found some things to bring back to her room to read and study. She was reading a book of plants when Ryan knocked on the door. “Come in.” Courtney said wanting to finish the page she was on. “Oh I’ll be ready in a moment.” She said finishing the page and putting a book mark in before standing up.

She went to out her shoes back on and get a blanket and a coat to carry with her for when they went outside.

Ryan stepped into the room whenever Courtney spoke up. It was nice hearing her voice again. Her company was nice to have around. He gave her a smile and shrugged when she said that she would be ready soon. “Take all the time you want. There’s no rush.” He said. Ryan glanced around the room and swayed in his shoes as he waited. He saw the book she was reading and smiled. “Hey.” He chuckled. “You’re already doing your research, huh?” He said. Ryan glanced at Courtney then looked back at the book. “What have you learned so far? Anything fun?” He asked. Courtney was smart, he was sure she figured out something about the kingdom already. Ryan’s eyes lit up with an idea. “What if we put a spell on some flowers and suddenly they could talk or something?” He joked.

Courtney gathered the blanket and her coat and put it in a basket. They could also use it to carry the cookies and maybe some milk outside.
Courtney looked over at the pile of books and nodded. “Well I had to find something to do So o figured I would start reading. I didn’t want to wander around and find someone to ask and risk getting too lost.” She shrugged at the question. “I learned some things but wouldn’t say any of it was particularly fun, manly about the geography of the land and what lives here.” She started heading out of the room with him but stopped and raised a brow.
“I don’t think magic can do that. I heard of spells that make things move. But making things talk. “ She shook her head. “as Far as I know it is impossible to have anything come alive and speak. Well at least human speech. at least truly speak with thoughts on its own. I suppose it is possible for an illusion to be casted to make us believe a flower is talking but that is advance magic That I don’t think either of us have any hope of preforming. ”

All courtney managed to do in the past is a small cleaning spell and making a small ball of light. (Optional if we want Courtney to know some magic.)

(i think it would be cool to have courtney be able to do some magic)

Ryan didn’t blame Courtney for wanting to stay in her room and not get lost. He much rather read than walk around the castle for no reason. He walked with Courtney as they talked about magic. She was talking about it like it was real. He had never been around magic before or seen anything magical happen. He didn’t think it was real at all. Ryan glanced around to make sure no one else was around, unsure if other people should be hearing this. “Magic is real?” He asked her quietly. “Like, spells, curses, witches... that stuff’s real?”

Ryan’s brain was blown away with the idea of magic being real. He was used to the idea that magic wasn’t real and all of those fantasy novels were truly just a fantasy. He distracted himself whenever they got to the kitchen and looked at Courtney happily. They were the only ones in there since all of the cooks had cleaned up. “Everything’s on the counter just like Mary said.” He said as he went over and looked at all the ingredients. With everything he read, he knew a fee tricks of what to do. “Do you want to do the dry ingredients and I’ll do the wet ones?” He asked.

Courtney looked at him. “What Do you mean? Of course it is. yes spells and curses. Witches, wizards, warlocks, and sorceresses. There is a difference. Did you... did you not know this?” She asked. how could he be so sheltered? It was common knowledge about magic being real. Why would be believe anything else? Why was that kept from her? “maybe that is what is missing....” she said more to herself. Bit maybe the lack of magic is what made everything seem dull. And come to think of it she only had seen humans here so far. Not that there were many non humans working at her castle but their were some and a few in the village. True the elves and Dwarves tended to live more among Themselves but they still were seen. she was thinking and then looked to see they were at the kitchens.

She was confused by Ryan sudden want to just start baking cookies. She would have thought the revelation that magic was real would have kept him on that topic for longer. Guess he really did enjoy the Idea of cooking more then magic. “um I don’t care. Either way works I guess. But can’t you just mix them all together? “ she asked walking over to look at the ingredients. Seems a recipe was also left.

Ryan was blown away when Courtney told him that magic was real. He really felt like his whole life had been a huge lie. Ryan ran his hand through his hair as he thought over it all. He had no idea what to do or say. Being in the kitchen put his mind at ease. Ryan already started on the wet ingredients when Courtney asked if they were just going to combine the two in the end. “Well, we will in a bit. We don’t combine them at first.” He said. He looked at the recipe to see how many eggs he needed to add. “Use the larger bowl to mix your stuff. It’ll be easier whenever we combine the two.” Ryan said and gave her a smile.

“Why not?” Courtney asked as she looked at the ingredients and measuring cups. She got the large bowl and started to measure and put the dry ingredients in the bowl. She really didn’t see what the big deal in order was it was all being mixxed together anyways. She double checked to make sure the salt was salt and sugar was sugar before adding a cup of brown sugar and a bit of salt into the bowl And mixing it. She went down the list and added everything then started to mix it up evenly. “How is this?”

When asked why they don’t mix the two together at first, Ryan tried to get all of his thought into words. “The batter has to be even, and separating the wet and dry ingredients when you mix them helps with keeping the mixture even. Especially for the dry ingredients, it’s good to evenly disperse the ingredients before combining both wet and dry.” He explained. Ryan bit his lip afterwards, feeling bad for rambling. “Sorry, I didn’t mean to go on like that. You can cut me off in the future.” Ryan told her.

Ryan looked over at Courtney’s bowl when she asked him to look and he smiled. “Looks good to me. Good job.” He said and smiled at her. Ryan added the mixed wet ingredients to Courtney’s bowl and then got a different mixing tool. “This is better for mixing.” He said and offered the it to her. “Want to try? If your arms ever get tired, I can take over.” Ryan said.

Courtney listened and nodded. “Oh okay I guess that makes sense.” Guess the ingredients did need to be evenly distributed. wouldnt be good for there to be clumps of flour or eggs or something. She didn’t mind him rambling on. She didn’t want to cut him Off since he hadn’t cut off her ramblings. “I wouldn’t do that. You have listened to me ramble on So it’s only fair I listen to you.” She smiled. “besides you seem to like talking about it and it’s Nice to see you passionate about something.”

Courtney tried to mix in the wet ingredients with the spoon but it was thicker and harder then she thought. She put the bowl down and took the other mixing tool. “Thank you.” She said and used that before passing it over to Eyan after a few minutes. “Alright. Here. I’ll make sure the oven is heated properly to the right temperature.“

Ryan thought it was sweet of Courtney to say she wouldn’t cut him off of his rambling. Only Victoria had been nice enough to not cut him off when he was rambling. He always told his parents and Victoria the things he read and wanted to read more about. She would listen to him for hours if she needed to. His parents made sure to tell Ryan when to stop. It made him feel great that Courtney wasn’t like his parents and was much kinder to him. He blushed when Courtney said she liked hearing about what he passionate about. Only Victoria had wanted to know more about him.

Ryan walked over to the sink to wash off anything. He listened to her talk about preheating the oven and he nodded. “Thank you.” He said to her. Ryan was happy Courtney was interested in this stuff like he was. The thought of magic wouldn’t leave his mind. He was so curious, but he was somewhat scared to learn more about it. What if there was a good reason he wasn’t supposed to know? “What kind of magic did you have in your kingdom?” Ryan asked as he dried his hands off and looked at Courtney.

Courtney giggled seeing Ryan blush. It was cute. Obviously he hadn’t gotten a lot of attention growing up and Courtney found that really sad. She wondered why.but they put enough effort into sheltering him at the same time as not giving him information. It was all odd. But she didn’t think about that now to try and focus on spending time with him. and so far she enjoyed doing so. This wasn’t turning out to be the worse engagement ever.

Courtney used the thermometer to check the temp. She put some more fire on and watched it before going over to read the directions again to make sure she was correct and put lumps of the dough onto a sheet and them to the side before putting them in when the temp was right. She then looked at the clock.

she sat down and looked at Ryan when he asked about Magic again. “Well I don’t know seeing this Shall be the kingdom that will be ours someday,” she teased. “But I know what you meant. Hmm well Evandale is in the mountains so it is more known for earth and fire magic. But there are other elements of course like wind and water. And really humans aren’t the most adapt at using magic. Elves are more in tune to nature magic. And dwarves are known for being able to work with infusing weapons and armor with magical properties. And enchantments like that is another form of magic. and then there is torture telling, seers magic. and then there are dark arts like curses and lighter magics like charms. “
”almost anyone can learn but not everyone can Master or be any real good at it. All I’ve managed to do is a few sparks of fire and some basic cleaning and purifying things. So I can make water soapy. It isn’t that impressive really.”

Users who are viewing this thread

Back