• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy you put me back together and gave me life [p w/ nekogirl]

Courtney smiled and waited a moment in the hall holding her coat. ”Come on hurry up. I am so ready for brownies.” She giggles. She took his arm happily when he returned hugging it like she started doing. She then started heading towards the kitchens. Once there she put her coat to the side and went over to the table to look over the ingredients.
”now for the most important question. And how You answer will change how I look at you forever. What type of brownies are we going to make?” She asked sounding deadly serious. Then she smiled.

Daniel chuckled. “What’s with that look?” Andrew didn’t have to complain for Daniel to pick up on this. he kissed his cheek. ”well I’m sure ever if we had separate rooms it wouldn’t matter much. But I assume you’re roll is to protect me you‘ld be expected to stay up and be on guard.”

Ryan smiled at her teasing. “Maybe I’ll go even slower then.” He laughed. Ryan walked with her to the kitchen and put the basket next to her coat. He looked over when she asked him the question and was very confused. He didn’t know about other types of brownies. “Uh, fudge brownies?” He said. “Should we make something else?”

Andrew smiled when he kissed his cheek. He blushed a bit as he smiled, just loving any kind of affection from Daniel. He nodded when the prince suggested he will have to stay on guard the whole night. “What’s a better way of protecting the prince by staying in the room with him?” He said and kissed Daniel gently.

”you better not.” Courtney laughed almost dragging him she was so excited. She giggled more at his confusion. “No no I meant what type of texture. Gooey, or chewy, or crunchy. “ she wasn’t going to say what she preferred wanting to know his thoughts first. Was she going to have to fight with him over who eats what parts or would they need to make two batches? it was a very important question. Okay not really But she was just ing to be funny about it.

Daniel kissed back. ”Exactly. Can’t protect me if you’re not at least standing guard outside the room. But that also might just draw attention to someone important being in the room. Best to be in the same room.” He kissed him again but pulled away again feeling the carriage slow down as it entered the town.

Ryan thought about it some. "I guess the edge should be crunchy, but I don't like the whole brownie crunchy. I'll go with chewy." He answered and started looking at the ingredients and measuring everything out. "Was that the right answer?" He chuckled and smiled at Courtney. She always made him so happy. He felt lucky that he found someone as great as Courtney.

Andrew smiled as he listened and kissed him back. "I'm glad we both agree." He chuckled. The knight looked out the window of the carriage into the town and then looked back at Ryan. "Do you think you'll see some fans?" He teased. Andrew got out of the carriage when it came to a stop and held open the door for Daniel.

Courtney giggled. “That wasn‘t a question that had a right or wrong answer. But it does mean we have to make two batches of brownies. I prefer mine warm and gooey. So it means we won’t need to fight over the brownies.” She started helping him measure things out as well And then went to light the stove. She decided against using magic. Because she felt it get harder and harder to do the more she tried using it. As if what little she brought with her was draining away...

Daneil nodded. He looked out the window as well. “Hmm I doubt it. Adam is the more popular one. And while we are in a nicer carriage we did try to keep it secret a member of the royal family was out. And im not making any public appearance. Still might get a few people who decide they want to see who has come to town.” He stood and put on a traveling cloak as the got closer to where they were staying.

Ryan listened and nodded with a smile. “Okay. That’s fine with me.” He said. He really just wanted to spend time with Courtney. It didn’t matter what they did. “Do you want to mix the wet or dry ingredients?” He asked her. “How do you even make gooey brownies? Is it just extra something or do we have to add an ingredient?”

Andrew listened and looked up at Daniel when he stood up. “You’re so handsome.” He told him and stood up as well. Andrew smiled at his boyfriend and stepped out when the carriage came to a stop and held open the door for Daniel to step out as well.

“I’ll take the wet ingredients.” She said taking over that part of the recipe. “Hmm good question... I think it’s more of a matter of not leaving it in as long. Guess I should have asked Mary. well We will just have to wait and see. If I end up eating hot brownie batter I’m good with that too.”

Daniel chuckled. “thank you for the random compliment. You are as well you know. “ he offered a hand to help him stand. He followed Andrew out of the carriage and looked around.
”Alright I have paid for the rooms Your highness. Have a good rest of your evening. I’ll have the horses all ready by Sunrise so when ever you’d like to live just send word. “ the carriage driver said After coming back from the luxury inn.He then went to take the horse in for the night.
“Thank you sir. A good evening to you as well.” Daniel said. “And thanks for safe travel til now.” He then walked inside with Andrew were a maid was waiting to lead them to their room.

Ryan nodded and let her take over with the wet ingredients. He did the dry ingredients as he listened to Courtney. “Maybe we just add more water.” He suggested and then shrugged. “It’s best to ask Mary though. She’ll know for sure.” He said.

Andrew smiled at his response. “I was trying to be hot.” He chuckled and took his hand as he stood up. Andrew closed the door after Daniel stepped out and then listened to the driver. He followed Daniel inside and smiled at the maid in greeting. He glanced around the room and then followed the maid to their room. He was glad he could stay in an actual room with Daniel for once.

Last edited:
Courtney hummed as she mixed the ingredients. "hmm Maybe milk instead of water? Let's just experiment and then ask her when we see her next. I don't know where she would be right now and it's already kind of late."

Daniel rolled his eyes at that. "Well, it just sounded odd and out of the blue."
Once inside he followed the maid and the carriage driver and a male employee at the inn brought in their luggage for the night. They told them they would be back in a bit to get their order for dinner.

Daniel looked around the room and thanked them for their work then shut the door. "I completely forgot we really haven't eaten that much today." They had some food packed for the trip but he hadn't thought of eating anything.

Ryan nodded and smiled. “Sounds good.” He said. He got the milk and then gave it to Courtney since she was doing the wet ingredients. He worked on the dry ingredients some more afterwards. "What are you going to miss most about your old kingdom?" He asked her.

Andrew thought the inn was adorable. He thanked the staff members for their help and then looked back at Daniel when he spoke up. The knight nodded in agreement. "I know." He chuckled. "I'm excited for a meal though. It'll be a nice way to finish the day before relaxing." He told Daniel. Andrew sat down on one of the beds and sighed as he looked around.

Courtney thanked him for the milk and added just what the recipe needed to start with. They could add more later. “Well that is an easy question. I miss my family. ” That Had been the hardest part of this whole thing. She of course knew she couldn’t always be with her parents and siblings and everyone would move away. Her older sister had already been married and moved off to their husbands castles, and she was in some ways kept separated from her younger sister in hopes Courtney wouldn‘t “corrupt“ her into being improper. But she still managed to have fun with her And Daniel who would take the blame for some things she did. Adam use to be more fun before he”had to grow up” as the crowned prince. She doubted Ryan really could understand this being a only child to parents who were pretty cold... She sighed.

Daniel nodded. “Aw so you want to finish the day with dinner? I was hoping to do something fun.” Daniel went over and sat next to him. “Nice of them to give you a bed instead of just one for me leaving you the chair or staying up all night to guard.”

Ryan was surprised by her answer, but he hadn’t really thought about her family as her response. Being an only child and not close to his parents, he couldn’t really relate. “I can’t wait to meet your family.” He told her. “I guess I should start practicing what I should say. I want to get it perfect.” Ryan told her.

Andrew smiled when Daniel said he wished they could do something fun. “I’m okay with doing something fun.” He chuckled. Andrew looked at Daniel as he sat down by him and laughed at his joke. “Yeah, the last thing I want to do is share a bed with you.” He teased and kissed his cheek. Andrew gently squeezed his hand a bit. “I think I’ll stay up all night anyway.” He chuckled.

Courtney smiled and gave a laugh. “You don’t need to practice what to say to them. Just be yourself And it will be fine.” She put the bowl down when she was done mixing. “What would you even want to say to them that is wRoth practicing?” It wasn’t as if he needed to make a formal request to marry her or anything like that. It was already arranged.

He laughed. “Well I wouldn’t be opposed to sharing a bed. But it isn’t really all that normal so most wouldn’t consider that an option since they wouldn’t want to.” He squeezed Andrew’s hand back and smiled. “Aw come on. You do need to get some rest. It’s okay to sleep you know. I don’t plan on staying up all night even if I did get sleep earlier.”

Ryan smiled at her supportiveness. She was so kind to him. He didn’t think he would ever find a partner as perfect as she was. Whenever she laughed, his heart melted. He needed to find ways to make her smile and laugh more. At her question, he shrugged. “I don’t know. I just don’t want to mess it up somehow. What if I say the wrong thing and they take you back, or maybe they don’t think I’m smart or something. I don’t know... I just want them to like me.” He explained and then sighed, shaking his head. “I shouldn’t be worrying about this. You’re right, I should just be myself.”

Andrew nodded and gave Daniel a smile. “You’re the only person I’ll share a bed with. That’ll be our little secret though.” He said and giggled. He listened to Daniel and smiled back at him. “Maybe you could give me something to do.” Daniel whispered playfully and kissed him gently.

Courtney smiled. She went over and took his hand for a moment and gave it a squeeze. “Those are not thinks you need to worry about. I’m sure they will like you. But on the off chance they don’t, it wouldn’t matter because I like you and that’s what matters.” She stood on her tip toes and gave him a kiss on the cheek. ”and they wouldn’t dare try and take me back if I didn’t want to leave.“ Trueshe missed her family, bit she didn’t want to go back home and leave Ryan. and it wasn’t because of any agreement that had been made between their parents. It was because it was what SHE wanted now. Ryan had his flaws as did everyone, but those We’re what made him him and even if it wasn’t perfect it didn’t matter. He was who Courtney wanted in her life. No one was perfect anyways.

Daniel laughed. “Alright. Our secret, but you really didn’t have say It was a secret. Who would I tell? Well maybe Courtney but she wouldn’t tell anyone.” He wasn’t one to keep secrets from her. They where always there for each other. He smiled at Andrew’s laugh. “It’s always good seeing you relaxed and not working.” He kissed him back And smirked. “I’m sure I’ll think or something.” He pulled away when there was knocked on the door. He stood up And walked away a bit before responding. “Come in.”

The maid came in and gave them each a menu to order their dinner.

Ryan looked over when she came over to him and let her take his hand. He smiled as he listened to her and was happy she was willing to stay by his side. He blushed like he always did when she kissed his cheek. He smiled some more when she said that she didn’t want to leave. “I-I’m glad you’re liking it here, and me as well.” He said and glanced away nervously. He wanted to just be honest with her now about his feelings, but he was so nervous. Something just told him to wait. “If it ever gets bad here, let me know please. I want to fix it.”

Andrew smiled and shrugged. “I don’t know who you would tell bedides Courtney. I’m used to her.” He chuckled. He didn’t mind Courtney knowing things about them anyway. He looked at Courtney as a sister now. Andrew smiled when Daniel said he liked seeing him relaxed and not working. “Me too.” He chuckled. Hearing the knock, Andrew looked at the door and glanced at Daniel as he moved. Andrew looked at the menu and went ahead and ordered. He stood up and gave the menu back and offered to take the menu from Daniel to give to the maid.

Courtney giggled and smiled up at him. “I’m glad you want me around.” her smile faded a bit and she tilted her head. She looked around as well. “You okay?” She asked a little worried. Where they being watched again? Hmm She didn’t see anyone or sense they were watched. “Well do. But we can fix it together.” Her smiled returned. ”Are you done with the dry ingredients yet?” She went and brought over the wet ingredient bowls having done two Batches.

”No one at risk of your safety.” He laughed some. “Well I’m sure she will be pleased you are “use to her” not thw
Nicest way to put it tho.”

Daniel thanked the girl and took the menu and ordered as well.
”right away sirs.” The girl said taking the menu’s back. “I’ll bring it up quick as I can. I’m sure you are both starving after a long day of travel.” She curtsied and left the two alone again.

Daniel waited a moment before going to sit back down again. He hated having to hide how close je was to Andrew. He hated keeping secrets and hiding things But knew it was for the best for now. Hopefully things could change. but it seemed unlikely. “So what do you want to do before dinner?” He asked with a smile.

Ryan nodded. “Yeah, I’m okay.” He said. He didn’t mean to make her as well. Ryan smiled some more when she said they could fix the problem together. He nodded to her question. “Yeah, I did. I’ll mix one bowl and you mix the other?” He asked her. Ryan started combining two of the bowls together of wet and dry ingredients.

Andrew smiled at Daniel when he sat back down. “I missed you.” He joked and kissed his cheek. “I’ll do anything that you want to do.” He said. “I don’t know how long food will take to get here.” Andrew glanced at the door and then looked back at Daniel. “Want to just make out until we can’t anymore?” He chuckled.

courtney nodded and mixed the other bowl. She started humming again as she did so. It was a Folk song she heard a lot growing up. Made her wonder if she remembered to pack her records and if they had a gramophone...was there a dusty one in the library? She couldn’t recall. “Alright this looks mixed.” She said and went to get the backing pan. She put nutter around it to keep the brownies from sticking.

Daniel laughs a little. ”problem with that we risk them coming to give us our food and we don’t hear them. Best leave that to when we aren’t likely to be interrupted.” He said and kissed his cheek. “ oh forgot to ask. We’re you able to find out anything about this kingdom or royal family since we last talked about it? My search kind of came up empty. “

Users who are viewing this thread

Back