• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern You Promised to Be Careful

Carmen finished up work by sending him the email to confirm his psych eval date and then left to go home, heading back quickly as it was starting to snow in New York now and she wanted to get home to the warm but halfway there the snow was starting to get a little crazy and there wasn’t a free taxi cab in sight so she quickly stepped into a bar and stamped the snow off her boots, going to sit up by the bar to wait out the snow a little. “Is there anywhere that you don’t go?” She laughed some as she saw JD.

JD looked up and chuckles softly. “I happen to work here.” He murmurs and places a napkin on the counter. “Can I get you anything?” He asks and leans agaisnt the counter.

Carmen rolled her eyes some and shook her head. “No im just gonna wait out the snow storm a little. I’m trying to get home.” She told him. “You’re still allowed on desk duties so how come you’re working here?” She asked him curiously.

JD nods a little and rubs a hand through his hair. “Want at least some water?” He asks and then shrugs. “Desk duty is boring. Wanted something a little more exciting.” He murmurs and crosses his arms.

“Alright. If you insist.” She smiled at him some. “Sticking with desk duty would show more dedication to getting- no. I’m not at work right now. Sorry.... so how long you lived in the city?” She asked him wanting to get away from work talk.

JD laughs softly and shakes his head. “I’m still doing desk duty if you’re worried about that, normally we’re i am before our seasons.” He tells her and gets her a water. He places it on the bar and smiles. “Since I was ten.” He tells her.

She nodded and chatted to him for a while until she saw the snow had stopped and paid him for the water she’d had and the coke after that then got up. “I’ll see you soon maybe. But if you pass the psych eval.... good luck.” She smiled and shook her head at his confused face. “If your psych eval goes well, then today was our last session.” She told him. “So good luck with it and I hope you get back to what you wanna do.” She told him as she left.

JD nods and smiles a little. He was hoping he passed to their standards. He couldn’t take the desk work anymore. He sighs softly and cleans off the bar.

Carmen eventually got to the warmth of her apartment and got snuggled up on the couch sighing heavily and running a hand through her hair. She didn’t want to not see jd again but she also wanted the psych eval to go well.

JD heads home at the end of the night and plops into bed. He turns the tv on and groans softly. He stretches out a little and thinks about what Carmen has said. A part of him didn’t want the evaluations to stop. He liked seeing her, but he also knew this was the step he had been waiting for

Carmen frowned some at work the following week going through her patient list and saw that jds name wasn’t on there. It meant he’d been passed with the evaluation and although she was pleased he’d gotten through it she was sad she wouldn’t be seeing him now so when she heard a knock and looked up seeing him in uniform she raised an eyebrow. “You’re not booked in here anymore.”

JD watches her and nods. “I know. I just wanted to say thank you and sorry for the shit I put you through.” He murmurd softly and crosses his arms. “It’s great to be back on the job.” He murmurs.

She smiled at him some, “Well I’m glad you’re back to feeling yourself.” She told him. “Maybe I’ll still see you around the city some.” She smiled at him and got up to go get a drink out of her bag.

JD rubs the back of his head. “That’s kinda the other thing I wanted to talk to you about.” He murmurd and watches her. “Would you like to get dinner Saturday?”

Carmen smiled at him some and nodded. “Yeah, that sounds nice actually.... here.” She grabbed a post it note and scribbled her personal number down, passing it over to him, smiling at him still. “I look forward to it.”

JD smiles and takes the post it. “I’ll text you tonight.” He murmurs and smiles. “Have a good day.” He murmurs and heads out.

She smiled some and watched him go feeling a little excited about seeing him in a date capacity. Never mind that he was cute and charming and handsome as hell, she hadn’t been on a date in well over 3 years by that point so she was a little nervous.

-3 months-
Carmen walked out of work and headed straight for the precinct, wrapping her coat around herself even more as it was well below freezing now and she just wanted to get to the warmth so that she could meet JD like she’d promised and they could head out once his shift finished. He’d sounded stressed on the phone earlier though so she was a little concerned as to how he was coping with work at the moment. She finally arrived and walked in, finding his desk quickly and sat down by it guessing he was in a meeting or something so she waited for him, sitting by his heater.

JD finally comes out of the meeting thirty minutes later. He smiles when he sees her at his desk and wraps his arms around her from behind. “Hey there.” He murmurd softly and kisses her cheek softly. “Hope you weren’t waiting too long.” He murmurs and sits down.

She jumped a little when she felt an arm around her but scooted her chair over so he could actually sit at his desk properly. “Hey, oh I’d rather wait here than out there.” She smiled at him and rubbed her hands together still trying to get warm again. “I thought maybe I could do some meat and veggies and get the tex mex dips out, some tortillas and just have like buffet fajitas tonight.” She suggested to him. They aren’t living together but they spent more time at each other’s apartments than their own these days.

JD nods and smiles. “That sounds good.” He murmurs and pulls her chair closer. He holds her close, rubbing her sides to help warm her up. “Want some coffee?”

She shook her head smiling at him. “No, then I’ll just be awake all night and if you’re staying at mine then I’ll keep you up.” She smiled again and stayed quiet letting him finish up with his work before they could get going again and she put her coat back on, taking his hand and walking out of there with him, heading towards the subway. “So What was it you wanted to talk about? You sounded stressed on the phone.” She said, sitting next to him.

JD sits downs nd pulls her close. He wraps an arm around her and kisses the side of her head. “Let’s wait till we get to your place.” He murmurd softly. This wasn’t a conversation he wanted to have on the subway.

She nodded and just interlocked their fingers. It had been worrying her all day. At one point to the extent that her patient had asked her if they wanted to postpone the session. She had an inkling what it would be about but she was hoping it wouldn’t be, leaning into him some, resting her head on his shoulder.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back