• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern You Promised to Be Careful

Carmen stood up and went to the fridge she had in her office, taking out a bottle of water and walking back over to her client, passing it to him, seeing he was shaking. It was their third session together so far and right now she wasn't sure that he would ever get back out into the field but he seemed to want to. "Jorge... Why do you think they sent you to my department?" She asked him, wanting to hear his version of events rather than just going by what she had written down next to her.

YourForeverIsAllThatINeed YourForeverIsAllThatINeed

JD takes the water bottle and takes a sip. He was still having trouble with everything after the incident. He wanted to be back out in the field though. He needed to be. It was his life. He looks up at her and sighs softly. “I’m sure cause most people get sent here after being shot on the job.” He grumbles

She frowned some, making a few notes here and there, "Yeah, a lot do.... But that's not why you were sent to me.... It's a lot more to do with you firing your gun off into the ceiling in a diner full of people because they were all being too loud." She pointed out.

JD grumbles something unintelligible and crosses his arms “they were overreacting about that. Not like I went on a shooting rampage.” He mutters.

She frowned some and raised an eyebrow. “There are some people calling for you to be fired over the incident. Including the family of a little girl who has been scared to go outside since.” She explained to him and made a few more notes.

JD frowns at that and sighs. He leans back and runs a hand over his face. “It won’t happen again. It was a mistake and I learned my lesson okay. They can’t fire me!”

She frowned some and watched him some, "I never said that's what they've decided.... Jorge what is it that you would like to get out of these sessions?" She asked him. All the information in his file had pointed to someone strong and a high achiever both when he was at the academy and after he'd joined the force

JD sighs softly. “I just wanna get back into the field. I wanna do my job again.” He tells her and looks up at her. “I can’t just sit around my house anymore. The police force is everything to me, I grew up in it.”

She nodded and watched him while he talked to her more, making notes occasionally and eventually heard the alarm go off to signify the end of their session. “Right, same time in two days.” She told him as she stood up and went to open the door for him.

JD nods a little and gets up. He runs a hand over his face and heads for the door. “How much longer do I have to do this?” He asks her as he stands in the threshold of the door.

She glanced up at him and sighed. “Until I clear you for being back out in the field.” She told him frowning. “So however long it takes for you to be ready.” She explained.

JD groans and sighs softly. He heads back to his car and straight home. He slams the door shut and plops on his couch. This was gonna be hell.

Carmen sighed quietly, running a hand through her hair as she allowed her next appointment in then finally was able to pack up and go home, thinking over Jorge's appointment a lot, making as many notes as she could on his file then eventually went to bed

JD went to bed that night, hoping he could get these appointments over with fast. He gets up the next morning and get dressed, heading to get coffee.

Carmen was at the same Starbucks and had just got in the line in front of him, she wasn’t in a suit today, having the day off for her meant jeans and a baggy T-shirt to relax in but she saw Jorge and smiled some. “Hey, how you doing?”

JD looks up from his phone when he hears someone talking and sees Carmen. He raises an eyebrow but waves. “Hey. I’m okay.” He shrugs and puts his phone away. “Weird seeing you in normal clothes.”

She smiled some st him. “Therapists get days off too.” She laughed quietly and got her coffee ordered. “Have a good day.” She called to him when she got her coffee and left to go back home to get some paperwork done.

JD nods. “You too.” He calls back and grabs his coffee. He heads to his friends bar where he was picking up shifts as a bar hand while he was out of work.

She bumped into him nearly every day after that in between their sessions and outside of them she was completely normal with him, outside of them he wasn’t really her patient but in the appointments she was still trying to get him to a point where she could sign him off to get back into the field. Part of her though was trying to get him signed off so that she could get a bit closer to him and get to know him better outside of work.

JD leans back and glances at Carmen. “I haven’t had an incident like the coffee shop since it happened and my nerves have calmed down a lot.” He tells her and runsa hand through his hair. “I really think I’m ready to get back into the field.” He tells her and crosses his arms. He was getting a little anxious about these sessions. They kept going longer then he had expected. He just wanted to be back doing his job.

She sighed heavily and ran a hand through her hair. “Jorge, you can’t keep trying to force it. I’m gonna send you for another psych eval and if they say yes then I will sign you off for field duties again. I’m not promising anything.” She told him quietly “Now have you picked up a hobby like I told you to?” She asked him.

JD sighs softly. “I’ve been taking a pottery class but it’s not for me. I tried yoga too.” He makes a face for that one. “I just can’t find anything that holds my attention.” He grumbles.

“Have you tried going to boxing? Something in a gym? You told me you’ve always been good at making things. What about some woodwork or something?” She suggested and continued writing things down on paper then sighed seeing their session was coming to an end “Alright. I will schedule your psych eval and send you the email with the details. If they like what progress you’ve made they might let you back out in the field.” She told him and stood up.

JD sighs softly and nods. He gets up and grabs his bag. He heads to the bar and throws his bag behind the counter and washes his hands. He crosses his arms and leans agaisnt the bar.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back