• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern You Promised to Be Careful

The nurse looks down at the chart again quickly and frowns. “I’m so sorry. I read that too fast.” She murmurd and follows Carmen out, going to apologize again until she told her her concerns about JD. “I will check on it.” She tells her and goes and gets a pen. She comes back and lifts the blanket off jds foot and rubs it up the bottom of his foot. “Can you feel that Mr Pardo?”

Carmen frowned as he lay there watching her not even responding for a minute. “Jorge. Sweetheart....” she swallowed hard when she watched him shake his head some, moving to sit carefully next to him and hugged him tightly. “It’s gonna be alright.” She mumbled.

Jd watches the nurse curiously. He knew she was rubbing something along his foot, and he should feel it, but he didn't. He slowly shakes his head and looks at Carmen. Was he paralyzed? He watches the nurse rush out to get a doctor and shakes. He couldn't be. He wasn't. She couldn't have even been toughing him.

Carmen frowned gripping his hands tightly. “It’s alright, it’s gonna be fine.” She whispered trying to soothe him but after another half hour of them resting things it became apparent that there was no feeling from below his hips at all. “Jorge sweetheart... look at me.” She coaxed gently.

JD frowns when they finally confirm everything. He couldn't be though. Why hadn't they noticed earlier! He shakes his head and turns his head away from her, staring at the wall.

She frowned and just squeezed his hand not saying anything else for a bit just sitting with him and holding him close just to be there with him at least, her mind was already running through everything she would need to do to make things normal for them.

JD sighs softly. How Wales’s he gonna take care of Mari with Carmen? Have a job to support them? His head was spinning with all the things he couldn’t do now. “You should go see Mari. I’m sure she’s missing us.” He finally says, still staring at the wall.

She frowned as she held onto him tighter. “I’m sure she won’t notice a little longer... Jorge... sweetheart please...” she mumbled just wanting him to at least look at her as she held onto him to try and soothe him.

She frowned and just held him close rubbing his back soothingly and just trying to be there for him. “I love you, we’re gonna get you through this alright?” She murmured softly and stay there with him making sure she wasn’t squeezing anywhere he had a broken bone. “You want me to go see Mari and I can FaceTime you so you can see her too?” She asked him quietly.

She nodded in agreement and kissed his head before getting sorted to go and see Mari, driving down there and parking before rushing to get inside to the warmth again, heading up to get to the room where she was and sat down smiling at her, seeing she was awake.

A nurse comes in a few minutes later and smiles. “Good afternoon Carmen.” She murmurs and goes over to Mari. “Would you like to hold her today?”

She nodded and smiled at her some. “Yeah in a little while, how is she doing?” She asked her and started getting her phone out ready to give JD a call.

She smiled and thanked her quietly, scooting close and reaching down to hold her tiny hand. “Hey there gorgeous princess.” She cooed softly. “Alright let’s call daddy... he needs some cheering up.” She murmured pressing the FaceTime and holding it so he could see her soon as he answered.

JD takes the phone and accepts the call. He smiles when he sees Mari and coos softlyy to her. “Hey beautiful girl.” He mjrmjrd snd watches her happily.

Carmen smiled watching them both, holding back tears, "They said it's looking promising for her to come home the end of the month." She murmured softly, "So you gotta race Daddy now, see who can get home first." She murmured softly and smiled at Mari as she curled her fist around Carmen's finger, "She's getting better at gripping." She murmured.

JD smiles a little at the news. “That’s great.” He murmurs and watches them. He caresses his finger along where Maris cheek was on the phone. He yawns softly and lays the phone on his pillow as he watches them.

"How are you feeling?" She asked him softly as Mari was falling asleep again and she set her phone on the side, setting herself up to be milked like a cow, giggling a little at the thought, "Mommy the cow." She smiled tiredly at him.

JD chuckles softly and tiredly at the comment. “I’m okay. Just tired.” He murmurs and watches her. He suddenly frowns and turns over as best he could quickly, getting sick over the side of the bed. He frowns when he sees it mostly looked like blood. He gets sick again and grins the side of the bed.

Carmen frowned, seeing the ceiling now on his end, "Are you okay? Jorge?" She asked worried about him some as she heard more voices on his end and soon the screen went black and then she really did start to worry but he was in good hands at least and she needed to spend time with Mari

A nurse called Carmen a few hours later. “Mr. Pardo has one of his stitches to stop the internal bleeding near his stomach rip. We repaired and managed to catch that his brain was swelling again. We went ahead and put him through surgery for that. He will no longer have to worry about the swelling. He’s resting now, but it’s looking like he’s getting closer to recovery.”

Carmen frowned listening to her and sighed heavily "Thank you, I will be back later this afternoon." She assured her then hung up and just scooted closer to Mari and held her tiny ands again, waiting til she was allowed to hold her and she kept her cradled right up close to her the whole time, murmuring t her trying to keep herself calm

Users who are viewing this thread

Back