• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern You Promised to Be Careful

“Hey ray, it’s carmen. Jorge is in the hospital. Someone ran a red and hit his car, flipped it, he’s not doing great, he’s not gonna be in work tomorrow.” She told him frowning.

“No, no we’re okay, he’s got a few breaks and fractures. Broken ribs, internal bleeding, swelling in the brain is the scary one, they’re taking care of him here thiuhh.” She mumbled sighing a bit.

She thanked him and hung up looking over at JD and sighed a little. She half wanted to get him to the same hospital Mari was in so she could keep close to them both but she didn’t want to be far away from either and she wasn’t sure she had much choice.

“Hey, lay still baby, how you feeling?” Carmen asked him quietly and set her coffee in the side, heading over to him and took his hand in hers gently. “You want anything?” She asked softly.

JD frowns a little and sighs. “I’m okay.” He murmurd and then shakes his head. “I thought you’d be with Mari.” He murmurs and lays back down.

“I called them and they said that she is doing real good. I’m gonna go over this afternoon, I’m worried about you though, they’re worried about your head. They’ve scheduled you an MRI this morning. They think there’s more bleeding on the brain.” She mumbled frowning.

JD frowns a little and sighs. “You should be with Mari. We don’t want her to start thinking those nurses are her parents.” He tries to joke, just wanting to see her smile and not let on how scared he actually was.

She smiled a little. “When I head over tonight they might let me do a little skin to skin, depends how well she’s doing.” She murmured softly to him and frowned. “I can FaceTime you maybe too. So you can see her.” She mumbled.

“I love you too.” She murmured and looked up when a couple nurses came to collect him for the MRI and she was left there waiting for them to bring him back.

“This shouldn’t take too long. How are your pain levels today?” She asked him as they carefully got him moved onto the board for the mri.

Carmen waited patiently until she heard her stomach growl and went down to get breakfast before heading back up with her hot chocolate frowning as he still wasn’t back and she waited another hour more.

A nurse finally brings JD in another hour later. He was out cold with a bandage around his head. “He started seizing during the mri. The swelling has gotten worse and some bleeding occurred. We had to go in and stop the bleeding. We got the sweeling down a little bit he’ll need another surgery soon.”

She frowned but nodded and thanked her quietly, scooting closer and held his hand tightly in hers just sitting there quietly waiting for him to wake up so she could let him know she was going to see Mari.

“Jorge just relax sweetheart. Stay still.” She murmured softly and squeezed his hand, coaxing him softly and just sat close by, keeping an eye on him.

JD frowns and looks over at her. “What happened?” He asks and keeps trying to sit up. He was groggy and confused and just wanted out of her bed.

Carmen watched him some and frowned starting to realise something but not wanting to panic him. “No baby lay back, just rest, I’m right here Jorge, I got you sweetheart. You gotta lay back though okay?” She coaxed softly and kept him laying back but called for a nurse frowning some. He wasn’t moving at all past his hips and it was worrying her. The more she thought about it the more she realised he hadn’t moved past his hips the whole time he’d been in here.

JD frowns and looks over at her. He finally calms down and just lays there. The nurse comes in a few minutes later. “It’s good to see you up Mr. Pedro.” She murmurs and checks his chart and the machines.

Carmen frowned and watched him some turning to glare at the nurse. “I beg your pardon?! Cause he’s Hispanic he’s suddenly Pedro?” She spat at her. “It’s Pardo.” She muttered and asked her to step outside a moment. “He’s not moving below his hips at all.... I don’t think he can.” She told her frowning.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back