• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern "You know the greatest loves of all time are over now."|| Historical Romance

pinkposies

Hello everyone! It is lovely to meet you all.

After a long break from writing, I am starting fresh and on the hunt for a historical romance roleplay or two. I am open to any time periods (medieval to the 50s), although the Regency Era (think Pride and Prejudice, Bridgerton (!!), etc.) as well as the Victorian Era both hold a special place in my heart. I have a wide variety of plots for every time period, so just tell me what you like and we can go from there! Ultimately, I want to work together to create something that we will both enjoy.

Some things I'm looking for / my expectations:

1. Please be 18 or older. I am 18 and do not feel comfortable roleplaying with those who are younger than me. This is a must.
2. I am a detailed writer. I can also write quite a bit (I have been known to write 10+ paragraphs per reply) although the length of my replies will vary depending on what is happening in the plot as well as how much my partner can write. At the end of the day, I really do believe in quality over quantity, but I put a lot of thought and detail into my replies, and I don't want to be receiving one-line responses in return.
3. I prefer to write multi-muse rather than single-muse, although I am totally fine with writing single-muse as well. It can be a lot of work, so multi-muse writing is not for the faint of heart.
4. I prefer the 3rd person narrative style using the past tense.
5. If I will be absent for a long period of time, I will let you know. When life gets busier, I would say that my replies come once to twice a week on average. Feel free to bump me after two weeks if you have not heard from me or if my absence has not been excused. Overall, I will always be considerate of my partner's well-being and availability (this next month will be busy, so it may be a few weeks until you reply? That's alright!) and I would appreciate the same courtesy in return.
6. I like to establish a plot, our characters, the setting, etc., before beginning our roleplay. I don't want to just jump right in without preparation and discussion.
7. Although I adore romance plots, I only appreciate them when they're done right. This often means lots of slow burn, mixed with a healthy amount of angst and fluff. The relationship between our characters must be layered and the build-up must feel real. Ultimately, there must be chemistry between them; I'm not looking to write a relationship that feels forced. I love enemies-to-lovers and rivals-to-lovers dynamics as well, so if those are some things that you enjoy, we're already on the right track! I generally only write MxF and FxF relationships. I'm just terrible when it comes to writing MxM. I prefer to write female characters, but I can do either or with pleasure.

This has gotten quite long, but that's the general gist. If I've managed to capture your interest, please reach out and we can get to plotting!

Happy writing. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back