Experiences You know an RP is great when ...

Aah, I love this thread haha

My favorite things about finding a good RP partner is when their particular style of writing or flow just completely meshes with your own. Idk if this was said or not yet, but that's probably the best part. Definitely the fan art of your character is really great too because you know the other person really appreciates your creations!

When the gm announces a hiatus and an RP time skip but everyone continues to write collabs off site until the RP resumes.
Hahahaha! I love this. A RP I was in died awhile ago, but it went on for a long time and was my first RP I actually shipped two characters in. Their first kiss in the RP took place on Valentine's Day irl, so even though the RP is long over, the player I did the ship with and I made little "happily ever afters" for our characters around Valentine's Day.. Li'l one-off fanfics! Was a really fun time, and it was super cute.

there are so many different things that indicate an RP is good for me, but one of the things that happens that amuses me the most is:
when the characters, plot, and plotting with my partner creeps into my dreams and I start thinking about it subconsciously too. like what!! why are you in my dreams now! then I usually have to go,
shit, did this really happen or did I make it up in my head?

When you start thinking of scenarios when away. Things that won't happen for ages in it, but you're just so EXCITED for! You want to keep writing, because it just keeps getting better and better!

These things are so cute XD I used to do sort of a mini-roleplay thing on the ooc with my roleplay partner and put our characters through funny/silly situations, just to see how they'd react to it, and then we'd be so excited about the whole thing, it was so fun!
XD I used to do this with one of my RP partners a lot, but it sooooorta got out of hand... we did them so often that we forgot which mini-roleplays were canon and which weren't.

uhhh basically everything here!! I've read every single post and I can say I've experienced a good amount of them.

- When when everyone is hyped for the rp when plotting it's amazing!

I've been really excited over my 1x1s just because of the fact that this is my first time doing fandom au's and for some reason i thought they would be hard to rp in but they aren't at all!! Literally I'll read their response, immediately write mine (though it takes me at least an hour or two) and I sit there waiting for a response because I can't stop thinking about what could happen!

- I also really miss planning relationships in big group rps!! I looked back at some of my old posts from a different account and some of the relationships that were budding with other people's characters and it made me sad that they didn't last very long :( I really hope i can experience at least 1 rp that lasts longer than one page :ghostuvu:

XD I used to do this with one of my RP partners a lot, but it sooooorta got out of hand... we did them so often that we forgot which mini-roleplays were canon and which weren't.

With this old RP friend I had we would start off discussing some random "what if's" in chat, somehow start typing in character (but like ... just for lols) and it would morph itself into a fully fleshed RP scene that then somehow became canon.

Chat RP, so addictive. x_x

Last edited:
With this old RP friend I have we would start off discussing some random "what if's" in chat, somehow start typing in character (but like ... just for lols) and it would morph itself into a fully fleshed RP scene that then somehow became canon.

Chat RP, so addictive. x_x
This is precisely what happened, and it's actually how my friend and I met. Despite meeting on RpN, being a forum-based website and all, we still got to know each other through casual chat-style RPing and building up personas... Basically RPing our own self-inserts against each other. It was easier to do since both of us had some pretty major social anxiety, even online. Of course though this style of doing things made transitioning into RP during everyday conversation exceptionally easy to do... Thus there being too many universes, alternate timelines, and spinoffs to keep track of.

It started out in 2016 as a mostly chill, comedic thing, but somehow we delved into drama, personal strife, and fully fleshed out character arcs within the span of a couple years. It was only in 2019 that we decided we needed a break from our original RP to wipe the slate clean.

I suppose that's another subtle, telltale hint that you're hooked on a RP.

When it's been going on for 3 years.

I suppose that's another subtle, telltale hint that you're hooked on a RP.

When it's been going on for 3 years.

My original RP with that partner lasted 8 years. XD EIGHT. I honestly don't know how she put up with my character for that long, lol.

Maybe this is too low a bar, but when you start daydreaming about it! Or when you start making memes about what's happened haha

Maybe this is too low a bar, but when you start daydreaming about it! Or when you start making memes about what's happened haha

Yeah I daydream about all of them. XD

I kinda miss the days when I had a three hour round trip to work and it was three hours of daydreaming and/or reading time.

That moment when you actually have a dream about it- this has happened to me so many times and I actually freaked out a bit. Eventually I even started writing up different scenarios or ideas and gave it to my partner, in which we both basically explode with joy because we know each other too well. My RP partner also happens to be my boyfriend so it makes it all the more funnier when he finds out I dreamt about this roleplay, which also sometimes helps with finding face claims for characters- or making one from picrew.

Anyone else also make memes about their roleplay? a friend and I do it constantly

That moment when you actually have a dream about it- this has happened to me so many times and I actually freaked out a bit. Eventually I even started writing up different scenarios or ideas and gave it to my partner, in which we both basically explode with joy because we know each other too well. My RP partner also happens to be my boyfriend so it makes it all the more funnier when he finds out I dreamt about this roleplay, which also sometimes helps with finding face claims for characters- or making one from picrew.

Anyone else also make memes about their roleplay? a friend and I do it constantly

Ohhhh RP dreams are the BEST.

Some friends and I made a few memes for our RP but then we just kind of forgot about memes and stopped ... XD It is really fun though. Anything where you can laugh at your characters or make fun of them OOC is great.

Ohhhh RP dreams are the BEST.

Some friends and I made a few memes for our RP but then we just kind of forgot about memes and stopped ... XD It is really fun though. Anything where you can laugh at your characters or make fun of them OOC is great.

I know right? Also, I'm actively looking for RP partners. (Hit me up when?- jk.. kinda) So if you wanna do something, let me know.

And yeah, OOC is what makes a roleplay better in my opinion. Bonding on an emotional level with possibly someone you've never met in real life makes it all the better, especially when it comes to making certain parts of the story. It's the best feeling in the world

I know right? Also, I'm actively looking for RP partners. (Hit me up when?- jk.. kinda) So if you wanna do something, let me know.

And yeah, OOC is what makes a roleplay better in my opinion. Bonding on an emotional level with possibly someone you've never met in real life makes it all the better, especially when it comes to making certain parts of the story. It's the best feeling in the world

Yeah I've met some great friends through RP and even though some of the RPs have ended the relationships haven't and you can't beat 💖 Power ✨ of ✨ Friendship 💖

Friends are the best! Friends who RP are even better!

Yeah I've met some great friends through RP and even though some of the RPs have ended the relationships haven't and you can't beat 💖 Power ✨ of ✨ Friendship 💖

Friends are the best! Friends who RP are even better!

Soooo *raising brows* wanna be that set of friends? :coolshades:

Haha, no but really. I do wanna possibly make something with you or anyone really. Kinda been looking for something new, something to occupy all the empty time

Users who are viewing this thread

Back