• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern you got the best of me, so please don’t leave (p w/ jdjdheda)

PaleLight

your local broke college student
muse a’s parents are the head of an infamous mafia. they’ve raised him as the sole heir to their wealth and the next to take control of the “family business” he’s not ecstatic about his future but he’s not against it either. he’s your run-of-the-mill rebel with a considerable amount of tattoos and a bad rep up his sleeve. muse b will see little things in him that will convince her that he doesn’t quite fit the rigged persona he built around himself. slowly, she’ll chip away at his walls and he’ll let his guard down from time to time. but muse a is suddenly thrown into the head position of the mafia when authorities catch wind of his parents and they make their getaway until things clear up. under the stress of the responsibilities as the new mafia leader, muse a lashes out at muse b and all progress between them is lost. as things escalate, muse b is taken hostage by a rival mafia and muse a has to figure out a way to get her back safely. after all is said and done, muse a finds himself growing fond of the power he gets from his new position. eventually, he asks muse b to be his right hand since she keeps him grounded and brings out the best in him. muse b is then faced with the dilemma of choosing a mundane life or a life with a mafia boss.
e87262004fbd6a4183fce9384aa408c4.jpg

EEc1I6-WsAAVSoF.jpg

Name: Levi Vallis

Personality:
— positive traits:honorable (keeps his word), punctual, bold, observant

— neutral traits: sarcastic, nonchalant, direct, competitive, ambitious

— negative traits: unpredictable, impatient, cunning, selfish, narcissistic

MBTI TYPE: ISTP- selective about their relationships, and appreciate others who allow them plenty of freedom to do their own thing. They are unlikely to “open up” to new people in a conventional way, but may connect with others after some time. They enjoy new experiences and may often engage in thrill-seeking or even risk-taking behaviors. ISTPs also distance themselves from their own emotions, ignoring their feelings until they become overwhelming.
i made a mood board for him!

Last edited:

name | Vanessa Grace Porter
age | 17 (going on 18)
personality |
+ Kind, compassionate, loving, brave, selfless

~ Determined, tough, independent, quiet

- Skittish, naive, short-tempered, reckless

MBTI TYPE | INFJ - creative, gentle and caring, they are usually reserved, can be soft-spoken and empathetic. though introverted, they are ableto form strong, meaningful connections with other people, enjoy helping others but they also need time and space to recharge. They understand the world, both good and bad, and hope to be able to make it better. When it comes to making decisions, they place a greater emphasis on personal concerns than objective facts. They also like to exert control by planning, organising and making decisions as early as possible
9095b710af3074e14a0c0060167665da.jpg

9b3febf270ddf0a7b35cd1dbd3c0a861.jpg

Last edited:
(okay so how do you prefer they know each other? they could just have a few classes together or maybe they're neighbors? or we could do both for drama. also im really into the idea where some sort of conflict happens with Vanessa (maybe she gets pushed while someones walking by? idrk) and Levi kind of calls them out instinctively and shes like yo you're nice deep down and hes just like no?? go away?)

The blaring sound of a bell rang throughout the school, alarming students and teachers that class was in session. Levi had arrived well before the bell, while the teen did have a hefty reputation of rebellion up his sleeve he was a stickler for being on time. He was never one to keep others waiting, it had been ingrained into him by his parents since he was a young boy. He was to be on time for everything or there would be consequences. Brushing the unwelcome thought away, he slid further into his seat in the backend of the classroom. Students were still filtering in through the doorway, careless of whether they were late. Teachers were always puzzled by the fact that Levi was always punctual and scored well on major assignments, yet he had an impressive record of suspensions and referrals for various situations. However, for the senior it was simply a matter of finishing school so he could pursue his true career that had been laid out for him since he was born.

Levi's black hair matched the shade of his long sleeve shirt that hung loosely over his athletic physique. While autumn was setting in, it was still far too warm to be wearing such full coverage clothing but thanks to the school system, it was the only option the teen had. Apparently, he would taint the minds of other young adults if any of his tattoos were left uncovered. It was bullshit but, he didn't really have a choice. As he mulled over his thoughts he glanced at a tattoo that lay permanently stamped on his left middle finger. It was a small crown that lay dark against his lighter complexion. With a low breath he pulled out his phone, clearly uninterested in all that was happening around him.

(ahh im soso sorry this took so long and its kind of trash, normally my starters are better but i guess my hiatus took a toll on me)

{{ Ah, I am already going to love Levi so much ^_^ I'm more than happy for them to be neighbours and have a few classes together. All about that drama. Also, how would you feel about Vanessa's father being in some kind of Law Enforcement position or even a lawyer of some kind, that's put on his parents case when things go down? Just to add a bit more in the way of drama? :D }}
_______
Vanessa almost jumped out of her skin at the sound of the bell screaming in her ears. Of course, she happened to be walking right past one of the bells placed high up on the buildings wall when it went off. She at least managed to stifle the small yelp that escaped, covering her mouth with her hand and closing her eyes for a moment to gather herself again before pushing on for the classroom. She wasn't quite running late but she would be soon if she didn't hurry up. It was unusual for her to be running behind so much but she stayed home a few minutes longer to say goodbye to her older brother who was moving halfway across the country to start a career in music.

She smiled to herself at the bittersweet farewell. A few books were clutched against her chest and she lowered her head, making a beeline through the crowd of students for the door of her first period class. Unfortunately, most of the seats were already taken up as she passed through the door and paused for a moment. There were only a few places left, dotted around the room. Soft grey eyes landed on on a free space in the middle of the room and while she usually liked being closer to the front, there was no way she would take one of the empty seats at the back. All the rowdy teens liked those places, thinking they could escape the watchful eye's of their teachers.

The brunette made for the desk she claimed in her mind as hers but apparently took too long to get out of the way. She should have been paying more attention to the last second students rushing into the class but her mind was elsewhere and she felt a sudden jolt in her back as one of the latecomers tried to push past her. Books clattered to the floor and she mumbled a quiet apology to the kid for being in his way. Of who continued down the row of desks, not even bothering to stop and help her. Vanessa dropped to the floor, delicate fingers reaching to pick up her things quickly before their teacher started today's lesson.

{{ And it's no worries, takes a bit to get back into the swing of things :) }}

Last edited:
(eee yay! i really can’t wait to flesh him out more & for sure i’m totally down for her dad trying to track his parents down! also for next class they have together i’m thinking they’ll be paired for a long project. art could work? i could totally see a little paint war happening halfway through it lol or we could go super cliche and do that baby project plot where students have to care for a fake baby for a few days? or something else maybe?)

The harsh sound of books slamming against the hard tile floor of the classroom made Levi’s head snap in the direction it came from. Just as his dark eyes settled on the one responsible he caught site of a familiar face making his way over with an amused smirk on his features. It only took a a second for Levi to piece together what had taken place. If he remembered correctly the guy’s name was somewhere along the line of Jason or perhaps Jackson? Whatever his name was, Levi never took a liking to him. Yet the kid chose to sit in the seat beside him on a daily basis for some godforsaken reason. “Watch where you’re going, asshole.” He sent the other male an icy glare which only got a chuckle in return. “She shouldn’t have stopped in front of me.” The entitled attitude Jackson had irked the tattooed male but he simply averted his gaze toward the girl who had kneeled to pick her things off the floor.

The long brown locks that cascaded down her back looked familiar but he couldn’t bother to try and figure out if he knew who she was. Instead, he simply let his attention go back to the sleek black phone that was settled in his hand as Jackson settled in the desk beside him. Just as the teacher began to set things up to begin lecture, Levi caught site of a piece of paper that had slid across the floor and settled just in front of his desk from the previous encounter. How annoying. Moving his chair back he stood from his seated position and raised to his full height of 5’10”, he wasn’t exceptionally tall but he certainly wasn’t small either. Silently, he retrieved the sheet and approached the female with a rather bored expression. “Try not be so messy.” His tone wasn’t harsh but it also wasn’t kind, he always managed to find a confusing middle ground in everything that he did. It only made it that much harder for people to figure out his true intentions. He slid the paper across the desk toward her and caught only a glimpse of her features before turning on his heels and moving back to his own desk.

Levi couldn’t shake the feeling that he had seen her before, she looked disgruntled, almost like a deer in headlights but a bit familiar all the same. Nevertheless, he brushed away the thoughts and opened his textbook as the teacher began the lecture. As always his phone held all of his attention as the teacher droned on but his mind began to wander. He didn’t particularly know why he picked up the paper for the girl. It’s not like it was a brief moment of compassion or pity. He didn’t feel pity for anyone, he couldn’t afford to. He quickly concluded that he did it simply because it was in his way and he hated things being in his way. With a sigh, the dark haired boy ran his hand through his hair and leaned back in his chair.

(& btw feel free to ts to the next class or anything else at any point!)

{{ Hope you don't mind the fancy! I'm down for a long art project for them to work on together, I was planning on making Vanessa a bit of an 'artsy' character anyway and could totally see them clashing heads, but in a cute way over it, which definitely leads to some paint being thrown around hehe. Also, I actually haven't RPed a female character in a while, so it may take a few posts to get back into the swing of things here XD }}

Vanessa.

At least the class hadn't started yet and a few students were still finding their seats, so Vanessa didn't look like a complete klutz in front of the whole class. She heard the harsh words thrown toward the male that bumped into her and grey eyes flicked up to find the source of the voice. To say she was surprised was an understatement. She never would have expected him to come to her defence, even in such a small way. Levi Vallis. Typical rebellious 'bad boy' attitude and the look to go along with it. It was no secret he was covered in tattoos and although she'd never spoken to the male, she was curious about the inked-artwork he was forced to keep hidden by the school.

Vanessa collected her things, a faint pink dusting her cheeks and she slipped into the chair at the desk she selected with haste, not even realising she left anything behind. The brunette sunk into the chair, a slow breath escaping her lungs as she opened her textbooks. What a brilliant start to the day. Eyebrows knitted together and lips pressed together in a small frown, she didn't even notice Levi approaching from behind until the sheet of paper was sliding across the desk. She glanced up at him as he spoke those flat words too her. He seemed bored, ready for the school day to come to an end. "Thanks..." She began, stuffing the page in a random place in one of her books but he was already walking away and she glanced over her shoulder to watch him return to his seat, pulling out his phone again even as the lecture began. She tried to focus on the class but her thoughts wouldn't let her concentrate. She'd never seen Levi go out of his way to assist someone before, not that she was always watching him but it was difficult to not notice anything the male did. Most of the school knew of the senior and his reputation.

The class only dragged on from that point and more than a few times she glanced over her shoulder, peeking through her wavy locks at him. Vanessa had no idea if he noticed nor was she shy about being found out. First period wasn't her favourite but she was glad when it was over, packing up her textbooks. Art class; that was always the highlight of her day and it couldn't come quick enough as the morning slowly ticked away. As everyone was beginning to pack up their things and before he could leave, Vanessa approached the tattooed male's desk. "Sorry to bother you but what you did before was really nice, so thank you." She offered him a pleasant smile, ignoring the one who so carelessly bumped into her beforehand.

Last edited:
(i love the fancy! i need to get one myself when i have enough down time hhh and omg no you’re doing amazing i love your style so far^^)

A monotonous tone belonging to the instructor droned on as the minutes passed all too slowly. Levi did his absolute best to let it fade in the background as he scrolled through social media. He sat relaxed in his seat as Jackson slumped in his direction in a state somewhere between consciousness and sleep. Levi scowled at the other and pushed him snapping him out of his daze. A ghost of an amused smirk showed itself on Levi's features. The kid was annoying but, he had entertaining moments. The light smirk disappeared just as quickly as it had appeared when he locked eyes with a pairs of optics peering at him through a curtain of brown. It lasted for only a heartbeat before Levi snapped his gaze away. He didn't like the situation in the slightest. He almost outwardly groaned, hopefully the girl didn't suddenly think he was some knight in shining armor coming to the princess' rescue. The thought alone sent a shiver through him.

The teacher continued until the very last second until the bell let out its shrill call for the school to begin it's collective migration to the next class. Levi had already put his book away and stood to make his way to the doorway when a figure approached. He was about to step around her, a cold way of letting her know he wasn't interested in whatever she had to say but she spoke up just as he took his first step. Her words made Levi pause and he couldn't hold back a scoff filled with both amusement and annoyance. "I didn't do it for you." His voice was thick with disdain as he finally met her gaze again since he had caught her glancing at him. "You should be sorry for bothering me because I'm not your savior, princess." Somehow, instead of the nickname sounding soft or sweet as one would expect, Levi made it sound like an insult. Without another word or even a moment of hesitation, the tattooed male maneuvered around the girl and strode out of the classroom.

A laugh broke the silence in the nearly vacant classroom as the intimidating whirlwind known as Levi left. Jackson finally stood from his desk after curiously watching the events unfold, "Maybe I did hit you a little too hard, now we got you thinking he's got a heart." The male grinned obtusely before moving away toward the door. Bodies passed Levi as his long legs carried him to art class. A brooding look veiled his face as he mulled over the words he had said to the girl. He didn't do it for her? Then who the hell did he do it for? No matter how he looked at it, putting Jackson in his place and picking up her paper didn't benefit him in the slightest. He had half the mind to skip the rest of the day, the events that had taken place were irking him. The only thing that kept him from doing so was the fact that his father would bombard him with the overwhelming regulations for running the 'family business' and Levi would rather endure school than that.

As expected, the rebel of a teen was in his seat far before the bell was set to ring. He ran his hand through his black hair in exasperation as the board read in thick bold letters 'Partner Project'. Oh fun, just what he needed.

Vanessa.

Grey eyes blinked slowly as Vanessa was stunned into shocked silence. His words weren't necessarily harsh but the tone in his voice told her he didn't care for the situation or for her. If he didn't do it for her, then why return the paper she lost? Why stick up for her? She came to the conclusion he was simply as irritable as he looked. Fine. She was only attempting to to be polite. It's what any normal person would do, wasn't it? Thank someone for completing an act of kindness. And that nickname. Princess. It only proved to vex the girl.

She managed to collect herself after he stepped around her, making his swift departure and she shot a glare in Jackson's direction. The laugh annoyed her further, as well as the comment and if she wasn't so against physical violence, she would have hit him. But that would get her nowhere, not to mention the fact she would likely hurt herself more than him. A huff escaped the brunette, glancing up she realised it was only her and the teacher remaining. Not wanting to get in trouble, Vanessa made a quick exit and weaved through the mass of fellow students until she was entering her next class. This brought a smile to her face and an excited bounce to her step as she settled next to a petite blonde who had become somewhat a friend to Vanessa.

The message written on the board had her forgetting about all about the pervious encounter in the first class of the day. That was until the bell rang to signal the beginning of class and their art teacher wasted no time setting up partners. Vanessa held back the sigh as her name was listed beside Levi's. Emily leaned over, giggling a little. "Good luck with that one." Vanessa mumbled a half-hearted 'thanks' and got up, finding the dark-haired, gloomy teen. She could be upset but that would get her nowhere and she wasn't about to let his bad attitude ruin her favourite class. Fingers reached up to tuck some of her hair behind her ear as she settled in the empty seat beside him.

Her arms stretched out in front of her, sliding across the desk, hands clasped together. She was more than a little nervous, expecting him to snap at her again but the brunette was determined to enjoy this particular hour of the school day. "Hi," she offered him a warm smile. Her eyes swept over the few visable tattoos exposed on his hand, the small crown drawing her attention the most. It was elegant and simple. She wondered if it had any kind of meaning. "Nice tattoos." The idea of having hundreds of tiny needles stabbing ink permanently into ones skin was lost on her but she could at least appreciate the artwork. Grey eyes flicked back up, carefully studying his sour expression on his face. "This is the last class I would have expected to see you in."

LEVI VALIS

Levi didn't even bother pulling out his phone to distract himself. The young male simply sat meddling in his thoughts, and if one looked close enough they might even say he was pouting. But of course they would be wrong, Levi Valis didn't pout. Not in front of anyone else anyway. He was an intimidating, angry, terrible individual. Except, when he suddenly decides to become a saint and defend someone who had no ties with him. Though he pretended to be indifferent about it, he was quite proud of the reputation he had built up for himself. A dark individual branded with ink and sharp eyes with a tongue and brute strength to match. It ballooned his ego and gave school the kick of excitement it needed. And there was the small fact that his father urged Levi to build himself a reputable record. He always said it was good practice for when he needed a solid reputation to do business with other more 'experienced' individuals . Quickly brushing the thought away, he let his gaze follow the girl from earlier as she practically skipped into the classroom and to her seat.

It was an odd sight, usually Levi's cold hearted demeanor killed other people's mood and left them in a bid of a daze. But she didn't seem affected in the slightest. Hell, she even had a smile dancing across her features. Levi let a short huff of annoyance escape him making the student beside him glance over wearily. Paying the student no mind the male averted his gaze toward the art teacher as she put up the partner list and began giving instructions. Immediately Levi's dark chocolate eyes landed on his own name beside another he didn't recognize. Vanessa? Who- His internal inquiry was cut short as he caught sight of her moving across the room toward him. To Levi's dismay the other student had vacated his seat leaving it for Vanessa's taking. Whoever or whatever resided up in the sky must really have it out for him today.

Levi didn't bother returning her kind greeting as she took the seat beside him. A soft smile was apparent on her lips but it was met with a stonelike emotionless expression of his own. His attention turned to the teacher for once in a desperate attempt to ignore her presence but her compliment made him glance down at the sparse tattoos that were visible to her. Levi didn't often receive compliments on his tattoos or really any in general as he was slightly unapproachable at times. The male wasn't sure how to respond but he quickly decided ignoring it would be best. His obsidian brows pulled downward in a frown as he turned his head to meet Vanessa's curious gaze. At her words he finally parted his lips to reply, "Its the last class I wanted to be in." It wasn't an outright lie, he really did hate the class, at least for the last five minutes when he realized she was in it with him.

The instructor's voice carried on in the background explaining that the project was to be worked on out of school only. The students had to paint on one large canvas and, with one student claiming a side to paint, depict what made them feel most at peace. "My place is off limits." Levi left no room for debate as he stated plainly without turning to look at his partner. Allowing a civilian within the household of an infamous mafia boss wasn't a favorable option. It wasn't all that likely anything would happen but Levi knew his parents wouldn't take kindly to it either way. Uncharacteristically, Levi tacked on another comment, "This project sounds simple enough. I'll just paint the classroom without you in it." At the end of his words he turned his head in Vanessa's direction once more with what almost looked like amusement glittering in his eyes.

(lmaoo okay so i literally know nothing about art projects or art in general so if this seems like a dumb idea pls hElp asjdla)

{{ Hey, sorry I kinda ghosted, had a lot pile up irl but if you are still around and interested, would you be willing to pick this back up? }}

hey! you’re all good i tend to ghost from time to time as well, i’d totally be down to continue this :)

{{ Awesome!! Because I was really looking forward to these two! I'll work on a reply soon }}

{{ Also, I really do love the art idea, I think it'll be really fun. I am especially excited to see what Levi actually does haha }}

Vanessa.

Silence. That was all that greeted the brunette when she sat down beside her project partner and greeted him. What was his problem? Vanessa couldn't decide if he disliked her in particular or if he simply disliked everyone as a general whole. Once again, she was determined not to let his sour attitude ruin her favourite class but this tattooed young man would certainly make it difficult. He was a mystery, one she wanted to figure out. One moment, he was defending her from a regular old class bully and the next he seemed to be wishing she didn't exist. Would he make up his mind? At his rude comment, Vanessa had half a mind to ask their teacher for a new partner but she wasn't about to give Levi the satisfaction of seeing how he got to her.

Her eyes lingered on the tattoos, however, as she was always drawn to the beauty of art, not matter the form it came in. Her parents had always warned her about guys with tattoos, ones who smoked and those that partied too hard. She had no interest in any of those acts but the needlework on this young male's skin was impressive. Her grey eyes turned to the front of the glass, where their teacher began explaining the project they were to work on together and a smile began to form on her lips. This was exactly the kind of project she loved. One in which two different artists and their styles could be seen side-by-side and tell a story all their own. Ideas were already beginning to form in her mind when Levi's voice cut through the space between them harshly. Her gaze drifted back to him, eyes widdened. She wasn't exactly sure what her parents would think if she came home with Levi. Even if they were working on a school project, they would certainly be keeping their eyes on the pair. As if Vanessa would ever go for someone like him.

"Fair enough. My place it is then... or the local library might be a better option." She wasn't sure she even wanted Levi knowing where she lived. She didn't know enough about him. Her eyes narrowed at his last comment, when he finally turned to look at her. His words were harsh but she held his gaze. There was no way she would let him get to her that easily. "If that's what makes you most happy, be my guest. That's what art is about." Vanessa would not let him see how his words bothered her but they did not have to like each other to get this project done. As long as it was acceptable and she wouldn't fail; that's all Vanessa could hope for with Levi for her partner.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back