• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom You Either Die A Hero, Or You Live Long Enough To See Yourself Become The Villain. (IC)

Characters
Here
CODE BY NANO
► Ugetsu Minase [PHANTASM]
With a simple breakfast of a scallion cream cheese bagel and a cup of orange juice in hand, Ugetsu made his way through the doors of Eagle Agency. He cracked his mouth open only to snap his jaws back shut in an aborted yawn upon spotting one of his many coworkers idling in the halls. Her stare (or was it a glare?) was reciprocated by a leisurely wave, and the blue-haired male continued on his way without waiting for a reaction.

Ugetsu’s arrival at the lounge greeted his eyes with the sight of a huddle of his fellow agents lazing about the couch and watching TV. Ah, wasn’t this that cartoon that one of his siblings enjoyed watching? Rather than make a comment about the show, he shuffled off to the side after a quick greeting, not quite yet awake enough to attempt proper conversation.

Upon taking a sip of his orange juice, Ugetsu stared down at the cup almost as if he were offended. Aside from the tang of acid on his tongue, it did little to relieve the feeling of morning fatigue. It seemed that pulp and sugar weren’t enough to cure jet lag on top of yesterday’s events. Perhaps he should have opted for a cup of coffee, even if the drink didn’t necessarily agree with his palate.

Fortunately, Mr. Fist’s explanation on the topic of today’s meeting was enough to perk Ugetsu right up from his morning stupor. That is, until the man began to ramble on about a mini-skirt mandate.

New uniform? 30% higher? 4 inches long?
Ugetsu’s brows creased pensively over Gao’s words. Was such a length legal to enforce? Or perhaps it was an easy way to catch villains off guard from the unexpectedness of such a uniform.

Despite Ugetsu ruminating over Gao’s words in a similarly serious fashion, he couldn’t help but laugh at his debate over shaving or waxing with such a grave expression.
“Just remember: 60 denier black tights. Though it’s still best to shave or wax, they help mask any hairs and imperfections of the leg,”
he suggested, though his tone showed that he was half-joking.

“Though,”
Ugetsu interrupted again,
“I don’t suppose today’s meeting is meant to organize yesterday’s events?”

tags: @everyone​

» Nakano Harada
『 TAGGED 』 Mentions: @everyoneintheroom
Interactions: leviohsa leviohsa

The previous night had been an absolute blast. In a fruitful attempt to avoid drowning within yesterday’s monotony Nakano had gathered up some of her rowdiest friends and together they hit the streets like a pack of rabid animals. Just because she was a hero didn’t mean she had to party like one, and by the end of it all it truly was a night they’d all remember. Except for Nakano. In the midst of all the ruckus she got swept up by the powerful winds of excitement, thus throwing what little caution she had right into the gutter. Sadly just because she was a little bit more reckless than usual didn’t mean she was invincible, and soon she ran head first into a massive problem: Her alcohol tolerance. All that it took were a few drinks during a particularly feisty karaoke session for her to be a complete goner, eventually forcing her friends to drop off an unconscious Nakano inside her apartment.

Fast-forward to the present time, a combination of her third alarm and a light migraine had finally succeeded in waking the grouchy tiger girl up. Still clad with last night’s clothes, Nakano grunted as she incorporated herself from her bed, her headache making it impossible for her to spend any more time laying down. “Ugh…”. It took an aspirin, a warm shower and a meaty breakfast for Nakano to become fully operational again, or at least as operational as she could be during the morning. Surprisingly enough though as she exited her apartment Nakano still had plenty of time to spare before she’d be a late arrival at the agency, so at the very least her walk would be a leisurely one this time.

Nakano’s arrival at the agency was far from what could be considered “early”, but at the very least she wasn’t the tardiest employee. Up until this point she had neglected it, but the moment Nakano stepped through those doors the sudden reminder of an obligatory meeting came rushing back to her mind. What an amazing day to arrive on time. As she crossed through into the lounge Nakano was greeted by the presence of multiple of her seniors lazing about, a good number of which were a horrid sight to behold this early in the day. The usual eyesore that were Ichiro and Tsukuyomi were thankfully balanced out by Gao rambling on about some topic Nakano had been too late to catch. Other than them the usual early birds that were Katherine and Tatsuo had also made themselves comfortable as they awaited the start of the meeting. And who do we have here, well if it isn’t Mr.Ugetsu finally back from that trip of his, Nakano had almost completely forgotten he even existed. Still, now that she was looking at her returned senior again the tiger girl remembered just how much she wanted to punch him right in the face. It’s not like there was some sorta bad blood between them, such as with Ichiro, that fueled this desire though, the guy just had a VERY punchable face. It just looked so pretty and delicate, like an expensive vase. But whatever, there was no time for that right now, and as for greetings all that Nakano said as she entered the room was: “Hah, who let the 5 year old decide what we were watching today?” referencing the cartoons being shown through the TV.

As she walked across the lounge Nakano noticed she had overlooked a face inside the room, and a brand new one at that. The female newcomer seemed to be right around her age, displaying a puny looking build similar to that of Kat’s, but without the pizzazz. Hopefully her quirk made up for it, 'cause Nakano needed more unwilling sparring companions. Despite everything I’ve mentioned though it wasn’t her presence, her appearance or her possible quirk that caught the tiger girl’s attention. No, it was something else. Something that was ticking her off. Nakano stood right in front of the girl, her eyes firmly locked with her face. It looked like she was ready to jump at her. The following words that came out of her mouth had a tint of hostility to them: “Hey, newbie, you are sitting on my spot. Scram before I scramble you myself.”
code by Nano Nano

Kathy.png

1633290788703.png

Katherine turned her head when she saw Gao, the grandpa of the agency. He mentioned some cinnamon rolls and, yes, even if it did pique her interest, she silently declined those. Mainly because she liked the kinds that were more unique, which was why she gave Ichiro some money to get her pastries...Speaking of He didn't give me my money back...I'm going to have to get that back if he didn't spend it already... she thought "I do enjoy pastries..." ( Maxxob Maxxob ) replied the hero in her soft tone. Shortly after, Tatsuo ( AriAriAbabwa AriAriAbabwa ) followed in, greeting those that were already in the room. Giving her a nod in greeting and watching as she went on ahead and took a seat, asking about the meeting, to which Kathy nodded. From there, many more kept coming in, Charlie ( leviohsa leviohsa ), Tsukuyomi ( StealthyShades StealthyShades ), Ugetsu ( Nano Nano ), and Nakano ( Servant Servant ). At least everyone seemed to take today just a little bit more seriously from the looks of it, coming in early was always something Eagle liked to see.

Conversation began to form and hearing about Miniskirts coming from Gao, she glanced down at her own before looking back at him, taking no time in whacking him in the back of his head "We don't say that in the workplace, Pervert Grandpa..." her gaze shifted to Tsuki "The meeting is probably serious enough that he came earlier than all of us..." with a soft sigh, she began to look at all the Heroes that actually resided in the current room, there were so many personalities, so many different utilities that could be used. Truly it was a unique agency that they were growing into. Amethysts landed on Ugetsu as he commented not only on Gao, but the meeting as well. "I'm not sure...Though I know for one thing..." she shifted a finger to point -but also poke- the top of Ichiro's head "He may know what's going on...I heard he met Eagle yesterday in the office..." she shrugged slightly and addressed Nakano going on and threatening the new hero "Nakano, you know better than to threaten others, mainly those who've just joined the agency..."

Kathy was like a mother, which made it very interesting due to her nature. "We don't need the recruits thinking we hate them..."

SLOWBURN
katayama masaru
Silverwater Imperial (Hotel) -> Eagle Agency
tags
mentions: Slav Slav Britt-21 Britt-21 Maxxob Maxxob leviohsa leviohsa Nano Nano AriAriAbabwa AriAriAbabwa (pretty much everyone)
interactions: Servant Servant

--multiple spots of this post will be blurred cause they're more of filler/personal arc stuff. feel free to read it, but for convenience they've been seperated from the main plot/story.
-
Childhood memories​

“Pa! Ronnie was blowing bubblegum, and she made it real big and it popped! Now look at it! It’s on my school uniform!"

“I said I was sorry!” A sob could be heard coming from a little girl.

“Kids, settle down. Parona, try not to do that, or at least give your...uncle? No...big brother?...Masaru some space. It really is a big deal trying to get that mess off.”

Sniffling, the girl answered, “..Yes Grandpa”

“Now Masaru, don’t make a big fuss out of it. If she said sorry, you should forgive her and move on, kay bud?”

“Masaru?”

“Hmph, fine. It’s okay Ronnie, we're good.”

...​

“Listen bud, I’ll get you a new uniform if we have to. But try to be there for her when it comes to a time where I can’t. My daughter - her parents died in a car crash recently, you know that right?”

“I know…”

“Good kid. Treat her like she's your sister, even if she causes you a lot of trouble, make sure you guide her to the right path, just like how I’m doing with you.”

“Right path?”

“Not ending up like...those people. 'The bad people' that's what you called them right, Masaru? The funny thing is some of them used to be..."

There was a long pause, as if the more mature male was hesitant to continue.

"My point is that even heroes lose their ways, and they end up becoming the villains they so want to put behind bars.”

The present​

Before leaving the agency for the day, Masaru decided to check one last time where he could’ve possibly dropped off his stuff before the mall trip. Fists clenched, and head still up high, the hopeful young man forged ahead and walked to a different room, absolutely certain that it was the one. Turning the doorknob, the door creaked open, making an ugly sound similar to a Halloween movie’s portrayal of a witch’s cackle bouncing off the walls of the room. He flipped on the light switch, revealing a plethora of storage boxes, messily scattered all about in the open.

This place is stuffy…

He waved his hand around although that was rather useless, as if that was enough to dispel the clouds of dust that made this their home base. Funnily enough, the room was very much like the one he was in before, only now there was a stark difference between the two. Peeking out from behind all of the boxes were his belongings! He scratched his head, a bit mystified. Did he really put it here? Masaru crouched down, and took his ‘treasures’ so to say. His old man’s katana didn’t look like it was messed with at all, not counting the old scratches that indicated it was just plain worn, and his black uniform not having gained any sort of fresh tears.

Despite the wave of relief that came over him at finding his things, he couldn’t help but wonder if someone moved them, whether as a sort of prank or out of ignorance for the importance they might hold, and decided without much thought to just toss them elsewhere. It didn’t really matter now, he just wanted to go ahead and leave now that the hectic day was finally heading to an end.

Guess I just need to get better at navigating this huge place.

Clapping his hands together, and as the steam from them died down, he smiled now that the little search was taken care of.

It seemed like by the time he went back to the main area of the agency, everyone had dispersed. The door was there, inviting him to finally exit this monster of a hero building, why shouldn't he just straight up leave? It wasn't like there was anyone there to mingle with anyway, and there wasn't much left for him to do as it seemed most of his co-workers became swamped with post-mission work. So no reason to stay, unless he wanted to keep being Ichiro's plaything.

Without further hesitancy, he left and was met with a setting sun as its orange glow melted over the towering skyscrapers of the district. It was time to head home, rather to the hotel he booked that he still had a few nights of. Who could have possibly imagined that he'd pick something close to work he never knew he'd become a part of. What had been supposed to be a fun vacation for a week of birthday celebration became something much bigger, dare he even say it was something life altering for him to have stumbled upon Eagle Agency at this point in time.

...​

The street lamps turned on one by one as he passed by them, the grand beast that was the place he and his niece were staying at, only grew in size as he got closer. Couples, families, groups of all sizes came in or went out from the revolving hotel door. Some finished their last stroll for the day, while others were just getting their night started. He always got weird looks, but he didn't really care. He was sure they were experiencing a culture shock more than he was from them, it's like they've never seen anyone from rural Hokkaido although to be fair, there seemed to have been more foreigners staying than actual Japan natives. Maybe those lots were going into those 'love hotels' but this one was not one of them and it made itself clear.

"Good evening, welcome to the Silverwater Imperial," the front-desk receptionist called out sweetly as he stepped into the grand lobby.

It was an elegant place for sure, complete with a chandelier at the top of a decorated high ceiling and a beautifully arranged spiraling stairwell, and it was full of luxurious amenities such as a large indoor pool, not to mention the plenty of game rooms and ballrooms, but he chose it mainly because it was close to the cherry blossom parks that his niece really wanted to see. The hero didn't have plenty of money to burn although he wasn't broke either and considering this was a special occasion, Masaru didn't want to be cheap in celebrating something and someone precious to him.

Speaking off, he decided to check up on that 'someone.' The hotel elevator had been in disrepair for quite some time now, way before they even got there and it didn't seem like it was going to be back on soon. So it was a good thing he learned about that before getting two rooms on the higher floors. He'd take the stairs if he had to but their rooms were on the first story of the building, so he just made his way down a hallway.

Across from his own room was his niece's and so with a couple gentle knocks, he waited patiently, hoping that this time she was more open to talk about why she was at that burning building yesterday.

"Come in," a familiar voice called out, as he heard the door click open. As he went inside, he was enveloped in a warm embrace that he had no other choice but to return it too. "Ru, it feels like it's been such a long time," the girl said in a muffled tone since she was pressing against him.

"Well it's been a long day, so yeah it feels like I haven't seen you in forever too."

The two pulled away from each other gently and exchanged smiles. She always kept her room neat anywhere she went, so he wasn't surprised when everything was tidy as if housekeeping had just gone through the place. "Sit," his niece gestured to a maroon armchair that was next to the room's spacious bed which she sat on, "So..."

"So? You want to start by telling me what happened the day before, Parona?" as he plopped down on the chair.

The eighteen year-old shifted nervously, "Y-yeah we can start with that." She took a deep breath and he folded his hands to hear what she had to say.

Masaru noticed she started to tremble uncontrollably and decided to ease her by making his tone much more gentle, “Listen, I won’t be mad if you just explain yourself. Because not only will things be straightened out from this, but so we can have closure. You can’t just do that and expect me to just let it go.”

“I-I know,” she said as he saw her pat down at her outfit, a purple shrine maiden garb, stalling by smoothing out wrinkles fruitlessly. “Well we can start from the beginning,” what felt like a long silence, was broken abruptly with a single sentence, “Choosing Tokyo...wasn’t an accident regarding what happened recently.”

The hero sat there silently, trying to take in what she just said, he must’ve unintentionally unnerved her, prompting her to continue in a slightly ruffled manner, “Grandpa’s closest partner in his field of work contacted me several months ago while you were away...he said that since I was finally that age, he went and offered me a spot...an apprenticeship of some sort . Of course, I’d have to go through exams and stuff first and all that- B-but he said he’d pay for it, he already has a place for me to stay! As a way to give back to a dear old friend.” She paused briefly, Masaru still not saying anything but still maintaining eye contact with her. He knew who that ‘closest partner’ was, despite it being a hazy memory, he was the one that accompanied Katayama Sr. when he was discovered abandoned in that alley many years ago.

Then out of nowhere, she shifted into what seemed to be a different topic, until he found himself finally connecting all the pieces. As soon as she did, tears began to form and she broke out into a devastated sob, “I still think Grandpa’s death was caused by that evil group!"

He shook his head and let out an understanding and broken-hearted sigh, “So that’s what this was all about? I had a feeling.” For a while, no, ever since Katayama Sr. had passed, he didn’t want to accept it himself that the old man’s death was most likely not from natural causes and as much as the two of them initially fought for a case, there just wasn’t enough evidence to support what a lot of people saw as a silly theory of theirs.

“T-that’s why I arranged all of this, Housuke Chimon, the man I was talking about. He said he was part of a collective group of private investigators that had their headquarters here. The reason why I went into that building is because I saw someone that had that syndicate’s insignia. I wanted a lead so bad Uncle Ru, so I wouldn’t come to them empty-handed. But I was so intent on it that I was reckless and endangered myself... I'm sorry, I just want whoever murdered Grandpa to be brought to justice!”

Her usual cheery face had become sullen and her cheeks had been stained wet, it didn’t look like her crying was going to stop soon, so he stood and went to her, hugging her tight without hesitation. Afterwards, the two just sat on the edge of the bed in silence until she finally spoke up again, “I- I wanted to do it with you.”

“...Excuse me?” he tilted his head, suddenly confused at what she was trying to get at.

“I wanted you to be my first,” his niece started as she crept closer towards him, it was night time so her face was illuminated by the moonlight, the fresh teardrops on her face sparkling as she spoke, “My first partner in solving a bunch of crimes together, starting with this cruel mystery in our family. I hate feeling so useless! You don’t have to go through this alone Ru! I want to be a hero alongside you so please…”

Masaru looked at her straight in the eyes and only nodded. Keeping quiet since he felt it was inappropriate to talk until she was finished on her end, she needed to release years worth of sadness that she shouldn’t have had to harbor. How could he have been so blind on all of this? No, he chose to turn the other way when it came to the painful truth of his father's death. He knew, but he chose to shove it in the darkness. So at that moment, sitting next to his niece, the hero made a promise in his heart that he was going to keep chasing the truth of the matter even if it might lead to his end.

“I wish you could’ve told me about your plans, but I didn’t even give you the chance to do that. It was my fault for not being there when you needed me...running away from the reality of it. I won’t abandon you like that again. I promise.” To that, he got a weak smile and a slow nod from her, she was trying her best to perk up from his comment even with the sadness that still lingered in her countenance. After a good amount of time had passed, he returned to the chair and broke out the news about him joining a big-time hero agency, her reaction was a mixture of both surprise and delight and what would've been a long discussion about it was interrupted when her hopelessly outdated but still functional pink flip-phone made a sound.

“Oh. That’s right," she reached out and got it from a wooden table that was next to the bed, "I was supposed to respond to the private investigator thing...if I wanted to be picked up this night or some other night.”

“This soon? Well who’s coming to get you?”

“Housuke-san himself..”

“That’s fine by me. You’re in good hands, but I’ll still see you off, go ahead and get ready.”

“Okay. I’ll do that,” she sighed, wiping off the tears in her eyes with a napkin she pulled out from her pocket, “and Ru?”

“Yeah, Ronnie?”

“I’m glad you're back, really. Even if we'll be separated again, wherever we are, let's keep contact always. So let’s do our best! We’re the tenacious Katayama duo after all!”

The next day​

Masaru hadn't had a good night's rest in a while, even with waking up early and his niece's departure from last night, he felt refreshed and ready to take the day on. A quick shower, a fast toothbrushing session, and a change of clothes. He had several of the same kind, not a lot of variety, but there weren't a lot like them in actuality since they were something that couldn't be bought from a department store and the like. His black uniforms with two gold, starry badges carefully sewn in, and his white long-sleeve shirts with suspenders. All of these were either lovingly passed down or specifically tailored for him, it might have been silly, but these clothes held important sentimental value to him.

Now that Ronnie was gone, he made sure to cancel all of her remaining nights and a few of his although he actually found himself enjoying the place a little bit. It was a nice change of pace for sure, since he had always leaned to being frugal and was sort of a minimalist his whole life until he ventured out of his little small hometown up in the mountains.

Having more time than he thought, he went out for a quick jog, and despite being the big city that Tokyo was, there weren't a lot of people out in the neighborhood where he ran. Maybe they were all still in nightclubs, having karaoke parties that ran until the early dawn. Whatever it was, he savored the unusual, peaceful quiet in such a heavily urbanized area.

It wasn't until he stopped at a fairly busy café to get something to eat that he checked his phone. Shoot, time. Holding on to a brown bag that carried the butter croissants he bought, he walked towards the direction of the agency. It wasn't far at all, and he found himself eyeing an expressionless Ichiro nonchalantly walking and heading into the building. Was the drunk the early bird type? He found it a real surprise if that was the case. Trailing not too far behind him were more heroes, notably the cold-as-ever Nexette, and the experienced hero, Mr. Fist.

Masaru decided to make a move after those two had passed and went in themselves, hoping no one’s noticed him yet, he sneaked into the storage room before where his stuff was hidden. He stayed there, on the floor, back against a stack of boxes and messaged his niece as he ate the rest of his café purchases. He saw that he got a reply from her but the noise started to pick up outside so he put it phone back to ‘Do Not Disturb’ mode and slid back into the main area, to which he stumbled into right exactly in the middle of Gao's speech about skirts. Even as much as Masaru wanted to be respectful towards the guy, he really didn't want to participate in Gao's talk, which in his opinion was purposeless and bizarre coming from who he thought was a prudent, old man. Planning to have said his morning greetings, he wasn't so sure now that the old man was talking about his 'special interests' so to say since he found it hard to believe that there was an actual meeting about such a topic. So he lumbered as quietly as he could to an open seat, passing two female heroes he's never seen before: one with blue hair and the other a shimmering brown, both sporting quite unique outfits, he found himself staring too long and silently berated himself, and proceeded to let his eyes switch to the scene that unfolded before him, his seat was close to the newer recruit who much to her dismay he thought, was being picked on by the agency's apex predator, Nakano.

"Sunotaiga, was it? Please I'm sure she meant no harm. I have to agree with Nexette on this one because I am one of the newer members," he looked at the tiger woman, the tone of his voice shifting to something more defiant as if he was challenging her in case this beast assumed he lacked boldness, "and don't even think about getting mad at me, really, it's a waste of energy that could be used to do something productive." The flame hero was putting his hand inside a lion's cage, and expected to get mauled any time now from the comments he made although he didn't really care as long as the attention was diverted away from the new girl, she didn't deserve this type of treatment a few seconds into her new career although his start was no different.

code by Nano Nano

&. omoikane​

..blank ➝ elated........................ ..home ➝ eagle agency

.. Nano Nano Britt-21 Britt-21 Itsui Itsui Servant Servant leviohsa leviohsa

There was nothing like a freshly-made bowl of tonkotsu ramen to end off the little interrogation session Omoikane found himself in, and the best part about it was the fact that the lilac-haired heroine offered to pay for it. The time spent eating a cozy meal and having a decent conversation with her and “Ugetsu” was enough to put him in a slightly better mood than usual, which was helpful in a way; especially after the trio had split for the evening. Slowly pushing the door open to his vacant abode, he was greeted by nothing but an echo of his own colorless sigh.

... I’m home.

──── &.

Half-lidded amber hues gazed listlessly at the ceiling, faint shadows shifting as time continued its forward trajectory. He didn’t know at what point he went to sleep at nor was he fully aware of when he woke up, but the sun’s gradual ascent was enough to tell him that a new day had arrived.

Ah, c’mon… get up already…!

Thinking back to the events that occurred the day prior, Omoikane figured it’d probably be best if he arrived on time to try and make up for missing practically his entire shift on what was supposed to be his first day at the agency; not to mention, for some reason, little nudges from his intuition were telling him that perhaps something of importance was due to happen… whether or not it’d have anything to do with him was an entirely different issue, but at least by being there he’d be ready incase it did.

And if it didn’t, well… all the more better for him, he supposed.

Despite him forcing himself to rise from his makeshift bed on the hardwood floor, his movements were restricted by the sluggish morning reluctance many like himself fell victim to. It wasn’t until his senses were met with a harsh jolt from cold shower water that he really snapped out of his daze... Yeah, he was excited to be a hero! He always was. He just… needed to remind himself that this post-awakening lethargy was temporary.

I wonder if things’ll be different compared to my old agency. Probably…

Once he’d finished what he needed to do to get ready, his line of sight briefly hovered over his fridge in futile contemplation. He’d probably have to make a trip to the store soon… at some point… eventually… or, you know. Maybe Mo’ai-chan would be nice with her money again…?

... Eh, whatever.

──── &.

As it’d turn out, Omoikane didn’t actually live too far off from the building after all; with this in mind, he only needed to take a stroll to get there. That said, he was far from being early like some of the others probably were, but hey, at least he wasn’t late, right…?

After grinning at the reception staff and wasting time getting lost in the structure, he finally made his way to the room he and the rest of his new team(?) were due to gather in. He didn’t even have to open the door to know things were already occurring, judging from the multitude of voices coming from inside, but the question that now presented itself to him was... how would he fit into the equation?

Upon entering, he could make out what appeared to be two? groups of people interacting with each other, and―hey, the two heroes from yesterday were there! Happily, he waved and called out to the water-themed male, “Ah―It’s Bisha-Bisha! Hi hi! ☆” before bounding over to where a familiar head of lilac stood.

“Mo’ai-chan, good morning! Thanks for ramen night yesterday! And uh, hi everyone else I guess,” he greeted, likely interjecting whatever conversation was happening at the time. Judging from the looks on everyone’s faces, it was a bit tense, though even knowing this, the teal-haired male opted to act like he didn’t. He briefly took note of the guy with the red headband as one of the people who got in the car and drove away yesterday (tsk tsk), but his attention was mainly on the fluffy-looking tiger girl glaring down at another girl with icy blue eyes. Hmm… maybe he could…

Knowing exactly what he was doing in an attempt to potentially rile a certain someone up, Omoikane innocently sat on the armrest of the elmo lounge chair and peered up at the white-haired lioness with sparkles in his eyes. “Uwah ~ Toganyan looks so fluffy…! You’re like a cat, right? Do―… do you like headpats, too...?! Oh oh, what happens if someone has catnip? Do you…?”

──── &.

nicknames
mo'ai-chan = kathy, cause stone-faced.
bisha-bisha = ugetsu. sfx for splashing noises
toranyan = nakano. he doesn't know her name, tiger headass

StealthyShades StealthyShades | tagging not because of interaction/mention, but catnip 👀

poi

full

~Early Morning Hijinx~

Jin had awoken hours before his alarm was even set to wake him; the rabbit hero finding this particular night to be quite difficult to surrender himself to the comforting embrace of slumber. Like a raging vortex, Jin had found himself to be the victim of his own pent up energy, his body still raring to go whilst his mind protested against the absurdity of it all. Muscles begging to release this stored power that itched beneath his skin, Jin had found himself struggling in vain to find his usual sweet spot in bed and had instead found himself tossing and turning as he fruitlessly played along with this tug of war game.

Alas when he did finally manage to scavenge an hour or two of nap time, he would soon be awoken by a plethora of nuisances that would awaken him once more. The sound of his neighbours fighting from down the street, two alley cats deciding to contest ownership over the pavement in front of the local convenience store; a war that lasted hours and finally the sound of some leathered up punk driving their overly loud motorbike down the street in an attempt to piss off all those still enjoying / trying to enjoy their sleep. After a short chase by an unknown early morning vigilante the latter would soon find themselves yoinked off their bike, strung up a tree and the keys to their bike accidentally dropped in the storm drain.

Still, the itch beneath the skin would not dissipate and instead of trying to salvage whatever sleep he could, Jin had instead decided to tackle the problem at hand. Truthfully speaking, Jin knew full well why he had all this pent up energy within himself, the last two incidents being part and parcel of his current problem. Through no fault of anyone else but himself, Jin had found himself to be largely on the passive side over recent events' the hero attempting to see the wider picture rather than zeroing in on the obvious issue. Of course the fire was largely out of his control, the mere fact that his particular skill set was not the best of match ups with the burning building was something he could not help. He'd have done more harm than good if he had simply charged into the flames.

The same could not be said about yesterdays incident; the murder of the villain as well as the potentially attempted murder of his very own colleague Kathy. Why had he not rushed in and apprehended the shooter himself? Why had he explicitly chosen to keep a distance?. Speed was his strongest ally and asset yet he was one of the slowest to react. What was holding him back?

Jin shook his head at the thought of it all, his already sleep deprived mind struggling to even put together a decent string of thoughts, especially when he was already fighting to contain the surging frustration inside of him. There'd be no winner if he tried to fight on both battlefields simultaneously. Instead of self imploding over the matter, the Rabbit hero had instead chosen to tackle the seemingly easier of the two problems he faced, which was the task of ridding himself of his pent up energy and Jin knew just the place to do so.

Returning home just as the night sky began to show a glimmer of light in the far distance, Jin had quickly gathered his essentials for the day; tossing them into a Red and black duffel bag before quickly exiting his home and heading towards his destination. The Gym. There was no better place for Jin to attempt to scratch the itch and release that frustration. Thankfully he knew just the perfect gym to head towards.

Focusing primarily on the punch bag, Gym had found himself unleashing most of his stress upon the inanimate object; the Hero offering a variety of kicks and punches to the large bag, the pressure gauge embedded within it showing the intensity of each and every punch or kick that landed upon it. Eventually it would draw the attention of another early bird Gym enthusiast; another hero and one that Jin had seen several times before yet never once spoken to. Octavius he believed his hero name was and his quirk was the ability to replicate his own arms up to a total number of 6 times, 3 on either side.. An obvious 'Power' type quirk that also had the fortunate ally of speed, though that was only limited to the speed in which his punches landed. He wasn't inheritly fast anywhere else.

Eventually the two would find themselves in the gym's octagonal ring with a small crowd of other gym enthusiasts and staff watching the bout between two known heroes; Octavius probably being the more stand out of the two considering how much longer he has been in the business than Jin. Their fight would last 8 rounds and Octavius would be declared the winner by choice of the crowd, though Jin wasn't really in it for the chance of victory. He knew going into the ring would leave him at a severe disadvantage since he relied more on having the space to utilise his agility and that a confined ring would play more into the hands of the close range Octavius. Jin simply needed a more effective way to release the pent up energy and Octavius had proven to be far more effective than a mere punch bag that couldn't fight back.

With the sparring session over and the two having no hard feelings between them, Jin would feel himself feeling far better than he had done so in the morning, thanks to the adrenaline of the fight and the itch taken care off. Glancing at the time, he begun to make his way to work. Showered and now garbed in his usual work hero attire.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Arriving just about on time, Jin quickly dashed his duffel bag into his work area and begun to make his way towards the meeting room, a bottle of water in one hand and a Carrot energy bar in the other. Upon entering the already lively meeting room, Jin had just managed to hear one of the newcomers interrogate Nakano; head pats and catnip. Either he was trying to woo her as a future spouse or he just enjoyed playing with fire. Either way, Jin was partially interested to see how Nakano would react. Would she bust his balls for attempting to head pat her, or would she play nice, if only to rob him of any potential catnip they may have had.

"Morning everyone" Jin simply muttered, offering a half wave to those already inside the room, before he made his way towards his chair. "Kathy how are you feeling? Has there been any progress on yesterday's incident?" he questioned, before taking a bite out of his energy bar.

596f551b211f4ed95cecad73f8099647.jpg

Mr. Fist
Gao Ling.png

Owww... my sides!

The old man got visibly content seeing one of his fellow agents get into his nonsensical spiel - “60 denier black tights… mmm… I will remember that” - Gao reinforces his charade, saying it to himself as if to imprint in his own memory. Wait that was… Ugetsu ( Nano Nano ), wasn’t he? Ehhh… wasn’t she? Just knowing who the agent was enough for Mr. Fist, as he was very thankful that his memory was, at the very least, in working order when the subject was the other agents. Suddenly, the old man is violently assaulted by a none-too-pleased Nexette ( Britt-21 Britt-21 ).

“Ow! Ow! Ow! You are going to mess my hair like that!” - Gao held the back of his bald head in an almost comical way, taking no offense in being called a pervert by the fellow agent. In truth, taking a look around the room, he was glad that his talk, albeit accrued a possible negative view of himself by newer members, could possibly take their mind off and cut through the heavy air he felt a few minutes earlier by the sheer absurdity of it. The old man turned to Ichiro ( Slav Slav ), as soon as it was revealed that he would possibly know the contents of the meeting - “Ahhh… deep into the Eagle’s nest, I see.” - he thought, looking towards karate fighting hero, while his fingers ran along his fu machu styled mustache a few times.

However, another event in the break room caught Mr. Fist’s attention: the ‘dispute’, if one could call it that, over the tigress’ ( Servant Servant ) favorite seat. That detail had, unfortunately, simply slipped the old man’s mind that was more preoccupied about his crazy rambling about the mini-skirts. Had he paid attention, he would have advised the new recruit, Haywire ( leviohsa leviohsa ), to move to another seat. The contention had begun: orders by the tabby tiger girl for the technological inclined hero to move. Well, at least that situation had placated the usual sparring ‘invitation’ from Nanako to the bald hero. He wondered if that would, at some point, evolve to a formal duel challenge, which he would have no choice to accept for his own honor’s sake.

Regardless, the very own Nexette interceded in favor of the newcomer. She wasn’t the only one, but also the new agent that was present at yesterday, ahem, shitshow. Masaru, or Slowburn ( Itsui Itsui ), had also made his play towards the Sunotaiga. A bold move… very bold indeed - “He was so young and showed so much promise… a pity. A true pity…” - Gao said, looking directly at Slowburn, with clear sadness in his voice, giving small head shakes from left to right. That was not all, however. Another agent ( poi poi ), a boy who he had no recollection of, entered the room, choosing the kid’s chair. Wait, why was there a chair like that in the break room? Heroes with children? His next comments towards the tiger girl made Gao’s eyes widen in an unusual way, his eyebrows had risen to the top of his head. That broke the last resistance of the old man’s stoically calm face.

First, he began snickering. In no time, that evolved a full-blown laughter. It was so uncontrollable, that the old man tried to cover his mouth as good as he could, tears forming on the corners of his eyes - “Hahahahaha, yeah, yeah! Get a foxtail grass and test her reflexes!” - Gao manages to tell the boy, before leaving the break room and standing outside, trying to calm himself down.

Last edited:

scroll

HAYWIRE

charlie.

mood

a little frustrated, mostly amused

Agency HQ

interactions

nakano & pretty much everyone else

“Hey, newbie, you are sitting on my spot. Scram before I scramble you myself.”
Charlie's teal eyes never broke the gaze that had been glued to the ridiculous tv show, up until this grating voice tore her focus, basically forcing her to glance over at, who she assumed, was another pro hero. Damn, it's like, eight in the morning.. Do we really have to do this right now? She thought to herself, arching a brow in what would've been a retort, until a familiar voice chimed in.

Charlie recognized the voice from yesterday, the same one that chastised her over the coms, warning her about Eagle's distaste for tardiness. Speaking of, where the hell even was he? It didn't matter now, as another familiar voice felt the need to chime in. Katayama. All this backup made her wonder if she really gave off the vibe that she was this helpless rookie who didn't stand a chance. The thought incited frustration, the nagging feeling bubbling up inside of her the more everyone talked. It wasn't that she didn't appreciate it, but, damn, she made it this far on her own, right?

The new hero couldn't exactly blame them, though. One look at her, and many would assume that she would have to rely heavily on her quirk. Of course, this was true for her early years, especially when she dealt with bullies. But, she has grown, at least a little bit, meaning she has recognized this weakness and trained in hand-to-hand combat. She wasn't completely useless. Though, Charlie can still recognize that her own strength more than likely didn't compare to that of this 'Nakano'. It was clear in her demeanor and looks; her quirk was all about strength. That didn't mean she wouldn't defend herself, though. Charlie hated bullies, especially since she fell victim to many in her high school years. Something about being a sickly homeschooled girl didn't exactly sit well with raging teenagers in the San Francisco area.

Criss-crossing her legs so that she could tuck her feet under each leg, the blue-eyed hero spoke up, "I didn't know Eagle was hiring on heroes who were so inse-" Charlie didn't have the chance to finish, thanks to another stranger taking a seat on the armrest next to her, making her glare over at him as he cutely insulted Nakano. Her ever-growing frustration died down quickly, the cutesy little quip willing Charlie to stifle a chuckle. However, it was all for naught, as Gao's booming laughter only forced Charlie to let out a bit of laughter of her own.

"Sorry, but, you do look a bit ridiculous lording over an Elmo chair at eight in the morning.." Finally, she could get a word in, "Are you always this desperate for validation?" Black hair fell with gravity, as Charlie tilted her head in feigned curiosity, "Did mommy and daddy not give you enough attention?" The rookie knew she was asking for it, but she really didn't care. Getting punched in the face was very much worth seeing a group of heroes collectively laugh in the face of a blatant attempt at feeling better than everyone else.

♡coded by uxie♡

These Rookies
Tsukuyomi Hachiman
shakes bag of catnip
Seeing that there were only four people, Tsukuyomi decided to grab a cigar out of his jacket and light it, in order to deal with this conversation. He discussed what the meeting could be about with them, but the old man started to say his two cents. “The meeting is about mandatory mini-skirts as a part of the Eagle Agency’s new official uniform” “New uniform? 30% higher? 4 inches long?” Being a young Bachelor, Tsukuyomi knew that skirts would be a great decision for all the male employees, but being a smart-ass gentleman means you are chivalrous, to a point. He was about to hit him too but Kathy beat him to it. “Gao this Agency is based in Japan, We’re not Americans” He replied, taking a hit of his cigar. Ugetsu commented, “Though, I don’t suppose today’s meeting is meant to organize yesterday’s events?” He reassured Ugetsu that yesterday was probably something that Eagle will comment about during today's meeting. He knew that a specific someone was in Eagle’s office for a long time yesterday. Tsukuyomi really didn’t care about what today's meeting was about at all. He just hoped that they got the right guy, that's what mattered to him. If that bastard wasn't the true target I’m going to be so… As he thought this, a couple more people continued to enter the lounge space, but specifically one individual caught his eye. He thought this could have been a ghost haunting him, but was that the hobo from yesterday. The one that was holding the rifle. Why was he talking to Kathy?

"The Hero thought that this couldn't get any worse,"
but Nakano started to throw a temper tantrum because Haywire decided to sit in “her chair”. He was about to step in to end the conflict, but again somebody was ahead of him, and surprisingly it was Katayama. That started to deescalate the situation.

"-and don't even think about getting mad at me, really, it's a waste of energy that could be used to do something productive."

“Yeah, Nakano, be more productive” He threw the bag of catnip he found the other day at her face. “Now stop messing with…” before he could finish his statement, the reckless rookie not only reignited the fire that was the anger from Nakano’s “terrible twos” but she also threw gasoline on it. "Sorry, but, you do look a bit ridiculous lording over an Elmo chair at eight in the morning.. Are you always this desperate for validation?.. Did mommy and daddy not give you enough attention?" Tsukuyomi was shocked, there was a lot of guts in this one which seemed to please him. I won’t have to defend this one. She can handle herself. I'm surprised the majority of these new recruits lately have been very independent. They are willing to stand up for themselves and others; But how do they work as a team? He inhales what was left of his cigar before finally fully putting it out and throwing it away. He took a seat in an open nearby chair. As he looks over the lounge, the chaos that is his team filled the place. The only thing he could think of was “These rookies…. Are fitting in I guess.” he said quietly to himself. He remained sitting there listening and waving to those who were the last to join the party.
Code By Nano

Last edited:
Mr. Fist
Gao Ling.png

In a long, long time ago... in a prefecture not that far away...

While he made his way out of the break room, he couldn’t help but hear Haywire firm stand against the “bully” Nanako about moving from the silly Elmo Armchair. Both her and Slowburn sure had a suitable amount of courage - “I guess that is the kind of courage that is needed to be a hero, after all” - Gao commented to himself, sitting on a simple chair besides the door of the meeting room. What a unique, diverse group that was. Thinking about that made the bald hero smile to himself. People of different stripes, backgrounds, personalities all came together for a single purpose. Regardless of the differences they might have, it certainly wasn’t enough to bend and break the unity they had there. Thinking about that, made the old man remember something from his past. He closed his eyes and let himself into memory lane. It happened 8 years ago, when he had just arrived in Japan…

Having a hero license from another country made things much easier for Mr. Fist. Even though he had to go through a validation of his experience in China, to make sure it held to the Japanese standards, it was practically a breeze. The maturity Gao had played its part on it as well. When 37 years of your life was spent fighting villains and terrorists, rescuing civilians and doing all sorts of miscellaneous work, you get experience. Possibly, it was this experience that ended up being his ticket into the Eagle Agency. This story, however, was from a time even before he was a member of it.

While working with a smaller agency, an opportunity presented itself to team up with a bigger, more notorious agency. Ling’s boss at the time didn’t even think twice and accepted the offer in a heartbeat. The smaller agency would not only profit monetarily, Gao had heard that there was a quite sizeable bonus from the usual government pay, but also its status would increase tremendously. Mr. Fist were one of the agents that were chosen to this joint operation. The agents were divided in pairs: these were formed with one member from each agency. Gao was unfortunate enough to be paired with Might Soul.

Might Soul was the typical top hero adored by the public. His popularity was through the roof, because of his extreme charisma. His quirk was quite powerful: it made his body invincible to everything… well, later on he discovered that wasn’t the case. The result of having a quirk like this was a hero that simply charged in. It didn’t matter what kind of enemy he was facing, he simply charged it. That had created the perception that no one could beat him and, surely, that also distorted Might Soul’s very own views of himself and his opponents.

The mission all agents were assigned looked simple enough: there was a group of loosely organized that were performing some high target robberies. That intel wasn’t that reliable and its quality was questionable. During the briefing, there was a clear question in the mind of the agents: why pair up with a such a simple assignment? Truth was, the bigger agency was only looking to expand even more its notoriety and proper search of what they were getting into was not done. And surely, increasing the number of bodies in a mission increases its chance of success, no?

At that point, the old man head was hanging backwards, against the back of the chair. His mouth was hanging open. His hand rested on each side of his body, palms turned upwards. Had anyone just got out of the room and seen that ghastly scene, the only logical conclusion was: Gao had waited so much that he had passed. Gone was the half-century hero. That was… if only there wasn’t a motor-like snoring sound coming from him. One would have to wonder if it was possible for someone to snore as loud as that. And Mr. Fist was the living proof that yes, it was possible.

(Thanks for the blurry tag Itsui Itsui )

thing.PNG

Eagle

Eagle came in to the room to the sight of...whatever was going on.
When did the elmo chair get in the building? I'll have Tsukuyomi throw that out later. Eagle couldn't stop the sigh leaving his mouth. This group never failed to surprise him, especially at a morning hour like this. "Alright! Calm down all of you. I thought this was a UA classroom with how you all were acting. Better start acting like professionals, some of you have been neglecting your duties lately." Eagle turned and looked at Charlie, Nakano, and Omo who were all around the Elmo chair. "Nakano, leave the rookie alone. It's great to see you on time today Charlie, let's hope it stays that way." He didn't think he needed to address them like that, they were adults after all, at least most of them. Couldn't really call Omoikane an adult.

"Anyways, we have a meeting to get to, so let's not sit on our hands." Eagle turned around and proceeded into the meeting room, sitting at the head of the table. Once everybody was seated, he cleared his voice, "As you know, a villain's life was taken in broad daylight and they almost took Katherine's head off to. Yesterday's incident has got some city officials worried that they might make moves on higher profile villains. They are doing a prisoner transport of a villain to a new facility and they want us to babysit. I've selected a few of you to go, the rest will be staying on standby."
He withdrew his list from the pocket in his vest, "Ichiro, Nakano, Katayama, Gao, Tastuo and Charlie, you will be on babysitting duty. As for the rest of you, you will remain on stand by. If there is an emergency, I want some of us to be able to respond." Eagle stood up from where he was sitting, "In this folder is your mission details." He said, sliding the folder over to Ichiro who was closest to him. "If you have any questions about the mission, I'll be in my office." He turned around and walked out, leaving the room. He didn't like the mission but it was a request from the higher-ups. There wasn't much he could do.

(For those of you selected to stay back, you will have plenty to do in a few posts)

Mr. Fist
Gao-black clothes.png

The best part of discretion

As the agents started to make their way into the meeting room, Gao’s eyes shot open. It was hard to believe, but the old man actually had a pretty light sleep. Cleaning the drool from his chin, he got up from the chair and also made his way into the meeting room, being the last one to enter it. The bald hero ended up sitting besides Sunotaiga, resting his chin on his hands while he listened to Eagle talk about the new assignment - “Babysit, huh? What are the chances of that?” - the old man thought to himself, as he remembered what he was thinking about just a few moments prior to falling asleep.

The bald hero couldn’t help, but look surprised when his name was mentioned as one of the agents that would participate in the villain’s transport. Certainly the man… or better said, the bird himself had good reasons to pick the team members as he did. That was what Mr. Fist thought, as he nodded to himself a few times, as he kept listening. Did that mission have a level of secrecy? For not taking questions right there in the meeting room, that possibility formed into the old man’s head. With that being said, as the Eagle walked out of the room, he turned to the tiger girl ( Servant Servant ) and said, back to his usual kind and calm expression: “It will be good to work with you again, Taiga-chan. The only pity is that I doubt this mission will allow me to see how much you have progressed”

Having said that, he peeked towards Ichiro, seeing that the folder was given directly to him. He was certainly curious to know what details of the mission were included in that file. Would the villain be a high-profile one? He missed his chance to know about who exactly was the last target, having charged into the mission a bit blindly, only by the information he had gotten through his intercomm. He started to run his fingers along his fu manchu mustache while he got lost in his thoughts.

Last edited:

full

~Mountains of Paperwork~
Jin now fixed upon his usual chair had begun to half heartedly listen in on the various exchanges among the other hero's present in the room, the rabbit hero keeping more to himself as he tended too as he casually eavesdropped to the trivial argument regarding the grotesque looking chair at the opposite end of the room. It was definetily something that sounded more like a 'their problem' rather than his and as such he saw no real need to interject in the matter. Whatever the end result of this curfuffle, Jin was pretty confident that his status quo would go unchanged. Chair, no chair. Elmo, Bert or Ernie, it didn't really affect him whether that chair was here or not. Thus, rather than letting himself get sucked into that argument, Jin had instead swivelled his chair to the side and glanced out the window; cloud gazing as he awaited the imminent arrival of Eagle.

The wait would not be long as the feathered hero made his arrival, the avian bird of prey entering the room with a slight ruffle in his feathers as whatever 'boss face' he had decided to wear today would soon be replaced with one of discontent as he lamented the 'professionalism' of the work place. Like a teacher entering a rambunctious classroom, Eagle of course had to get the class hooligans to put bums in seats before he could event attempt to get to the matter at hand.

Jin now swivelled back round so that he was facing the front had placed his right elbow against the top of the desk, his head resting upon an open palm as he impatiently glanced in the direction of the troublemakers, the fingers of his left hand tapping away at the table as he waited to see if they would cause more ruckus before they inevitably decided to behave.

Once the huffing and puffing had finally died down and Eagle finished his briefing, Jin without so much as uttering a word had stood up; tucking his chair under the desk before making his way towards his individual work area. Not chosen as part of the group to babysit the transported villain, Jin saw no need to linger in the meeting room any longer. Whilst he was of course curious as to who was being transported, he was presently not needed in the room and would only be in the way of the chosen few who he assumed would prioritize memorising the mission details.

"Good luck with the mission, fingers crossed it goes smoothly" muttered Jin as he stopped at the door, half turning to glance at Ichiro and the others, before finally exiting the meeting room and heading to his work area. Patrol duty was off the cards today, instead it was paperwork and considering recent events, quite a bit had piled up.

King.Kazma.full.86251.jpg

scroll

HAYWIRE

charlie.

mood

irritated and confused

Agency HQ

interactions

everyone in the room

tags

i rlly don't feel like tagging everyone, rip

“It's great to see you on time today Charlie, let's hope it stays that way.”
Charlie wasn't expecting such a direct call-out, only really being able to nod in response to her boss before following her coworkers into the meeting room. It didn't take her long to find a seat, just picking the closest one to her before listening to the debriefing. God, she so badly wanted to roll her eyes at this mission. Why should she babysit a high profile villain? They can rot for all she cared. Her patience for villains had always been extremely low, never finding it within her to find the empathy to give a damn what happened to people who hurt others for their own gain.

"I've selected a few of you to go, the rest will be staying on standby." Oh, thank god. There'd be no point in bringing Charlie along on a babysitting job. She'd be much better from afar, in her eyes. Relief quickly washed over her, immediately assuming that Eagle wouldn't entrust her to this mission. Leaning back into the chair, she continued to listen to her superior, blue eyes focusing in on the paper that he pulled out of his vest. "Ichiro, Nakano, Katayama..." The rookie hero began to zone out, knowing that she wouldn't be called ou-

"...and Charlie, you will be on babysitting duty."

What.

"As for the rest of you, you will remain on stand by. If there is an emergency, I want some of us to be able to respond." Charlie's demeanor completely shifted, tensing up and straightening her posture in the chair. Sure, she was a hero, hired on to work missions, but.. Right away? In person? Guess Mr. Boss-man had more faith in her than she realized. Or this was a simple mission. Either way, she couldn't help the inkling of anxiety that began to build up at the thought of working with new people. Did her first mission really have to be protecting the very people she swore to fight?

Ugh, just fucking wonderful. She thought to herself, eventually peering over at Ichiro, who now held the details of her very first mission with the agency. "So, uh, am I the only one who finds it a bit peculiar that we have to protect some asshole?" Charlie was unafraid to call it out, even hoping to be able to get a word in with Eagle later that day about how preposterous this was.

♡coded by uxie♡

Torii.png

Tatsuo_Iori.png

Interacting: Slav Slav (Ichiro) leviohsa leviohsa (Charlie) Itsui Itsui (Katayama)
Mentioned: Nakano, Gao, Eagle

b6a84a0fde2d1beaa92ac74f02a04a33.png
Tatsuo momentarily tensed up when Gao mentioned the mini-skirts, for some reason thinking back on the maid café. She opened her mouth to voice her distaste, but Katherine had her covered. Then one of the newbies she hadn't seen before plopped herself in Nakano's favorite Elmo chair... Already, the Miko knew where this was going. Best to wait until the storm blew over. Speaking of which...

“Hey, newbie, you are sitting on my spot. Scram before I scramble you myself.”

I could use some tea. Come to think of it, they left some bags over on the counter, didn't they? So she silently stood, waltzing over to prepare a cup in the meantime. More and more of her peers arrived, taking their seats. She turned to ask Mr. Gao if he wanted a cup... but each time she looked back, he was either laughing out of control after shooting a remark to Nakano, gone from the meeting room itself, or having a ghastly nap amid the chaos. Sincerely, she didn't feel like waking him up to ask.

"Sorry, but, you do look a bit ridiculous lording over an Elmo chair at eight in the morning... Are you always this desperate for validation? Did mommy and daddy not give you enough attention?"

Tatsuo dipped the tea bag in, humming the cartoon's theme song to herself. Well, well, sounds like the rookie stands on solid ground. For all the times Nakano's ear-piercing voice threw off the shrine-maiden's elegant nature like a cheap jumpscare you'd berate yourself for falling for, she only had to commend that. She just hoped it didn't sow any wedges in their teamwork... Then again, Nakano was practically like that with everyone.

Thankfully, the cacophony didn't last long; Eagle had entered the room, appearing just as she expected him to react. Just in time, Tatsuo returned to her seat, gently holding the cup of tea over her lap. Her eyes remained blissfully at ease, partly eased by the brew in hand, taking in each word of the briefing.

Guard duty? And a need for six heroes, at that? The city officials must have uncovered something else to get them spooked. That, or they were in case the high profile villain somehow gets out. An attack on a transport like that could spell any motivation, really.

Tatsuo perked her gaze up at the newbie, Charlie, who made a plain remark about their mission. Still gripping the cup, the Miko rose. "All villains are, are simply victims of a story we have yet to comprehend," she said with a soft smile. Her gaze did not shift away from the surface of the tea, swishing it gently. "It is up to the kami to mete judgement; whether it be cruel and unusual, or lenient."

After another sip, she finally turned to her team, specifically the newbies. "Haywire; Slowburn; I presume?" She nodded to each hero respectively. "I don't believe we've yet had the pleasure. I am Tatsuo Iori, more so known as the Miko. Normally the rookies' integrations aren't as eventful as the past few days have been, and it seems today will be no different."

Tatsuo then followed the direction of the mission file, over to the Karate King. "Now then. What's in store for us, Ichiro?"

» Nakano Harada
『 TAGGED 』 Mentions: Kat, Tatsuo
Interactions: leviohsa leviohsa Slav Slav Maxxob Maxxob Itsui Itsui poi poi

"Nakano, you know better than to threaten others, mainly those who've just joined the agency...We don't need the recruits thinking we hate them..."

Katherine’s orders fell upon deaf ears, her words causing no dents upon the wall of cold hostility that was Nakano at that very moment. In Nakano’s eyes Kat was somewhat of stern motherly figure that chastised the tiger girl for most things she did, which is why at this point she had become somewhat desensitized to her reprimands. Plus, in terms of the senior importance hierarchy Kat pretty much sat at the top of it all, which is why Nakano felt a bit of an ego boost whenever she chose to disobey her words. As a result Nakano held down her ground, fully ready to get rid of this newbie invader’s presence one way or the other. She didn’t exactly look heavy, neither did the chair, clearly she had to-

"Sunotaiga, was it? Please I'm sure she meant no harm. I have to agree with Nexette on this one because I am one of the newer members, and don't even think about getting mad at me, really, it's a waste of energy that could be used to do something productive."

Oh? It looked like someone was able to break Nakano’s confrontational stare, though it had the adverse effect of it being redirected right at him. She sized up her new challenger, remaining unimpressed by what he showed off at first sight. Had the agency gone talent hunting at the local pip-squeak convention for new recruits? Were these two truly the best candidates that had cropped up? Whichever the case, at the very least he had the balls to step up to Nakano without showing any obvious signs of fear. The tiger girl applauded his bravery, but that didn’t mean she was gonna go easy on him. “Huuuuh? And who the fuck died and made you the leader, coconut head? You wanna talk about being productive? Gladly, I’ll give you productive, by showing you newbies where you belo-”

“Uwah ~ Toganyan looks so fluffy…! You’re like a cat, right? Do―… do you like headpats, too...?! Oh oh, what happens if someone has catnip? Do you…?”

More so than orders, more so than threats, those words had been the only to fully catch Nakano off-guard. Had she not been so quick to recover she would’ve probably taken a step back from pure shock. Who was this lost child and how had he gotten into agency? For a very, very brief moment Nakano’s more maternal side peered out to look at what was happening. Such innocent words could’ve only come from a young child that had sneaked into the agency to look at his heroes, right? However, said side of her immediately sank into the depths of her being the moment her eyes were laid upon the putrid visage that was the person sitting upon her favorite chair’s armrest. This was no child. This was a punk. There was absolutely no doubt in her mind anymore, the agency was cutting corners and had begun recruiting any schmuck that they came about on the streets. HOW could they allow someone like this inside, HOW!? And so the list of newbies in need of a lesson continued to grow, and Nakano was the eager senior ready to dish it out. And the worst part was that Gao had chosen to insert himself into the teasing. The old man would have to deal with an extra aggressive feline the next time they sparred together. Still, his time for punishment would be later, it was this little twerp’s turn now: “Why you little-”

"Sorry, but, you do look a bit ridiculous lording over an Elmo chair at eight in the morning...Are you always this desperate for validation? Did mommy and daddy not give you enough attention?"

At last, some actual confrontation instead of the cutesy bullshit that had just been dished out. Despite being the target of such a juvenile retort Nakano couldn’t help but ever so slightly smirk at the way this newbie lashed out. How sad would it have been if this Elmo invader would’ve bowed her head and moved away, it would’ve robbed Nakano of the opportunity that she was looking for: An opportunity to throw a punch. After all, what better way is there to weigh someone’s combat worthiness than by putting them in a sudden and immediate hostile situation where their own heads were at risk. Sunotaiga truly wanted to congratulate the Elmo princess and her white knight for showing their spines, and she was gonna do it in her own very special way, by pulling them into a fight right there and then. The cutesy teaser would also be included, though his reasons for getting a beating were completely different. Nakano pulled her arm back, ready for the mayhem to commence, when her warm welcome was rudely interrupted by the worst possible person:

"Alright! Calm down all of you. I thought this was a UA classroom with how you all were acting. Better start acting like professionals, some of you have been neglecting your duties lately. Nakano, leave the rookie alone. It's great to see you on time today Charlie, let's hope it stays that way."

A very straightforward “Tch.” was all that Nakano responded with. How did he always know when to drop by at the exact perfect time!? At that moment Nakano truly was completely powerless to continue with her wishes, any wrong move and she’d be eating the ground all over again. Nakano gave her first target one last look, frustrated at the outcome of the situation. Charlie huh? She would surely remember that name from that day on. She now had a debt that needed to be repaid after all. But enough of revenge movie plots, the meeting was about to commence.

“As you know, a villain's life was taken in broad daylight and they almost took Katherine's head off to. Yesterday's incident has got some city officials worried that they might make moves on higher profile villains. They are doing a prisoner transport of a villain to a new facility and they want us to babysit. I've selected a few of you to go, the rest will be staying on standby. Ichiro, Nakano, Katayama, Gao, Tastuo and Charlie, you will be on babysitting duty. As for the rest of you, you will remain on stand by. If there is an emergency, I want some of us to be able to respond. In this folder is your mission details."
Finally, a mission that didn’t involve babysitting civilians. No, this was completely different, it was time to babysit a villain. Why was this any different? Because if this baby misbehaves Nakano is allowed to dish out some proper physical reprimands. Does it beat laying around and watching TV in the breakroom? Hard to say, she’d have to wait till after the mission to decide.

“It will be good to work with you again, Taiga-chan. The only pity is that I doubt this mission will allow me to see how much you have progressed”

Despite his earlier teasing, it was hard for Nakano to stay mad at gramps for too long. He was, after all, the best punching bag there was around: Always up for it and ready to dish out punches right back. He was possibly one of the only seniors that had earned Nakano’s full trust and respect. “That may be so old man, I guess I’ll just have to rattle those dusty bones of yours in the fighting ring when we get back.” She responded in a light yet fully serious tone to her eldest senior.

"So, uh, am I the only one who finds it a bit peculiar that we have to protect some asshole?"

Ohoho, it seemed like someone was getting cold feet already. Still, despite it all Nakano did find the whole mission to be quite peculiar. What were the actual downsides of letting something like yesterday happen again, other than removing potential fun from Nakano’s platter. These people who were so willing to hurt any and all in pursuit of their selfish gains, why did they deserve any sort of special treatment? But these were orders from Eagle himself, so she wasn’t about to question them, all that she knew was the fact that it needed to be done. And plus, she wasn’t about to openly agree with Charlie.

“D’aaaaaw, is someone scared of a little villain?” Nakano said in a mockingly. “It’s not too late you know, if you think you aren’t up to the challenge you can just waaaalk out and head back to mommy, the door’s right there.”

What a perfect contrast she was to the Miko’s kind and reassuring words. Despite the different approaches between the tiger and the maiden they did both agree on two things: 1) That the mission needed to be done. And 2) That Ichiro needed to start reading.

“Yeah come on Karate Kid, stop making us wait and get on with it already.”
code by Nano Nano

Mr. Fist
Gao Ling.png

Sweet, sweet hot nectar

The old man laughed jovially at Nanako’s ( Servant Servant ) response, clearly being content in hearing it. His mind had been a bit of a chaos lately and the exercise would certainly take his edge off - “They sure need some rattling! I will try to save my quirk as much as I can for it” - he said, clearly being up for it. He was surprised he was again into the tigress’ good graces… well, at least as much as anyone could be in her graces anyway. Fist listened intently to the other agents’ opinions about the mission. Charlie ( leviohsa leviohsa ), Haywire, clearly thought it was bizarre and made no sense that they would be protecting those they were supposed to fight.

In a sense, Gao agreed with her. The Agency would end up using part of its manpower to escort this villain. The old man gathered that the possible reasons officials tasked the Eagle Agency with this mission was: 1) To protect the villain from a murderer, which made quite a bit of sense, taking in consideration their last mission. 2) To make sure there isn’t any attack on the transport itself, with the objective of freeing the villain. Fist assumed that that number 1 was way more probable than 2, but it was already protocol that at least one seasoned hero accompany villain transfers.

He couldn’t discount the Miko’s ( AriAriAbabwa AriAriAbabwa ) opinion either. Was it really their place to past rapid judgment on those who ended up being labeled as villains? If large villains organizations managed to achieve their objectives, values would invert in a matter of seconds. Those labeled villains would become heroes and vice-versa. And, as much as Gao hated to admit, villains were needed to create what was the closest resemblance of balance. A world without villains would be a world without heroes and, in consequence, a world without people or one that human nature changed so much, that it became something else.

“I am not one to judge. They will meet their karma, sooner or later. Vigilantes have, however, no right of dishing out unsanctioned punishment… to force one to samsara before the correct time is unthinkable. Furthermore, there is always the chance of a rescue operation during transport” - he comments, with a calm and yet firm tone, his eyes moving through all agents that were selected for this mission - “The difference is that, this time, the Agency’s standing will be directly affected with the outcome of this mission” - his words sounded like a warning. Experiences made him perfectly aware on how missions can affect agencies reputations.

Fist took notice of something that really got his attention. He sniffed the air, as if his nose had detected an almost aphrodisiac smell to the old man. His eyes fixated on Tatsuo’s hand, seeing she is clearly holding a cup… a cup with delicious, liquid vitae that would have had fit the bill perfectly as soon as he woke up. Or so he supposed… and expected to. The tea craving elderly man cracked his knuckles, making his way to the counter. His face was washed over with relief when he noticed that, indeed, there were still tea bags left. Honestly, Gao preferred to use leaves instead of bag when he made his tea, but beggars can’t be choosers, right?

The old man made his way to grab a cup and start to prepare the water for his tea. He always put the tea bag in the cup before pouring the scorching water, and today was no different. He couldn’t help, but be amused with the… lighter teasing Taiga was doing to Charlie. As he wondered if Slowburn ( Itsui Itsui ) would chime in again, just like he did the last time, Gao started to take sips of the scorching drink he held in his hands - “Ahhhh…” - he let out a sigh of relief as the hot liquid warmed his body. If he wasn’t fully waken before that, now certainly he was. When he finished enjoying the feeling of the first sip of his tea, the turned to Ichiro and chimed in with the others - “How high profile is this villain?” - he raised his eyebrow when asking the question. On the back of his mind, he pondered if he would have “quirk juice” left for his fight in the ring or if he would have to fight quirkless once again.

SLOWBURN
katayama masaru
tags
mentions: poi poi & everyone else in the room I guess.
interactions: Phayne Phayne AriAriAbabwa AriAriAbabwa Slav Slav Servant Servant leviohsa leviohsa

“Huuuuh? And who the fuck died and made you the leader, coconut head? You wanna talk about being productive? Gladly, I’ll give you productive, by showing you newbies where you belo-”

“Woah easy there tiger, I was just rooting for the underdog in this silly bickering-“ Masaru paused briefly, as if in thought and recalled the latter half of yesterday’s events, “That’s right Charlie here-” he struggled a bit spitting it out, a foreigner’s name for sure, ”and coconut head? Is that the best that you can come up with? I’m sorry to say but you’re lacking originality, Sunotaiga. Ichiro’s already snagged a similarly annoying nickname,” Masaru grinned back slightly, all too amused by Nakano’s response but he held back from letting a stupid smile spread over his face. Just as he was about to turn his head to the sound of loud footsteps, locks of blue...no teal grazed the corner of his eyes.

“Uwah ~ Toganyan looks so fluffy…! You’re like a cat, right? Do―… do you like headpats, too...?! Oh oh, what happens if someone has catnip? Do you…?” An unexpected face sprung up into his view, one he recognized from the area where yesterday’s suspect was apprehended, to think that this peculiar individual would pop up here in all places, or what Masaru considered a street rat in a sense, not necessarily in a derogatory sense but rather the message that was given from the boy’s choice of clothing, Harajuku fashion. The hero found it too wild for his taste when he first learned about it. He preferred traditional clothing such as yukatas and montsuki kimonos. A frown replaced his playful smile at the thought of it, did that mean he was plain boring when it came down to it? He hoped he didn’t convey anything like that from something as simple as clothes.

He shook away the thought and was about to say something in response to the sparkly-eyed stranger, when a hush suddenly fell over the bunch of heroes and rightfully so; regardless of whether they were participating in a lively discussion regarding mini-skirts or were bickering about a red armchair, it was time to stop talking although that didn’t stop Charlie from dropping one last bomb at Nakano, at which he shook his head disappointedly, sure he could get snarky himself and find it hard to quit or know when to back down, but he joined in to de-escalate the problem but the newer recruit wasn’t pulling any brakes when it came to being picked on.

Apparently the said chair seemed to carry huge significance amongst the other members, Masaru for one was oblivious to the fact that a well-known character was imprinted on it. The hero was neither embarrassed nor proud, sometimes he really didn’t care whether he was out of the loop when it came to popular culture although that’s not to say he’s completely clueless about such things; it was a sort of consequence from being mostly shut-off from society growing up, but not to the point that he never kept up with current affairs or watched programs aimed at people his age back then as a child.

He believed he was just simply fascinated with life outside of that, his small town and its surroundings - sometimes still mockingly or affectionately called a village, due to it still holding onto the twilight traces of a long-gone Meiji era - and the plenty of real life activities..and responsibilities - it freely offered him, and he took advantage of it, embedding in him a strong work ethic.

Reflecting back on it now, he really did put a lot of time into the reality around him rather than just engrossing himself with the former - watching or becoming familiar with ‘Elmo’ or any other popular, well known things that the typical person in his age group should know about, but he was more on the same wavelength as Mr. Fist. Despite that, Masaru never felt alone in it; since he knew without a doubt that if he asked the kids who grew up with him in his small town; they too would find the spectacle that unfolded with Nakano and the others quite silly and trivial.

To think that pro-heroes like those two were arguing over a piece of furniture, one that just so happened to have this ‘Elmo’ thing on it. Masaru’s eyes darted to the source that made everyone go quiet, well...hopefully everyone, he was sure most people had enough common sense to not make any distracting noises, which he gladly tuned out as the man of the hour gathered everyone’s attention and began to talk.

That man, or more appropriately avian, was none other than his exuberant recruiter and agency leader, Eagle, a famous hero and bird of prey. He could still remember the unyielding child-like persistence of the guy, and as much as he tried to dodge joining the agency, apparently Eagle saw "great potential” - whatever he meant by that - in Masaru as a pro-hero, thus not backing down even after many harsh NO’s from him.

However, despite knowing that it was the same beak and feathers, their leader portrayed himself very differently and he made it clear during the start of a meeting by beginning it with a disappointed sigh.

"Alright! Calm down all of you. I thought this was a UA classroom with how you all were acting. Better start acting like professionals, some of you have been neglecting your duties lately."

With a resounding ‘tch’ from Nakano, Eagle’s briefing began. In the midst of all of it, Masaru only nodded, a blank expression plastered on his face, no strong emotion was showing although the gears in his brain were working rapidly and it wasn’t until Charlie brought up a good point about the mission that he put his two cents on it too, although the tiger hero pounced in on the chance to make fun of her.

“You’re right,” he said in a more solemn manner compared to earlier, “I’m still not quite sure who exactly we’re protecting so maybe lay off on the strong words," glancing at Charlie, he said with a patient smile, "but the fact that it’s a higher-ranked villain,” that last word was putting it in a lighter term, almost comical, in reality, these people were 'criminals' - a more fitting and harsher stand-in, “-it doesn’t matter if this gets me into trouble, and while I agree murder is murder, I’d side with most vigilantes, their good-natured vindictive intentions being the reason,” probably because I was one for the longest time until some bird scooped me up into this business. Nobody ever had a problem with me doing stuff on my own schedule. Although he admitted that full-on-murder and simply unofficial heroic gestures were on different leagues in terms of consequences nevertheless he shared the vigilante community's frustration in general. But in the end, taking the law into one's own hands can bite them back in the butt. Sighing, he closed his eyes and shrugged, “Setting aside my own feelings on this, this is the card that we’ve all been dealt with, I'll just have to see this through the end. I won't back down from it, and I don't think either one of us should, so let’s all do our best and get along, shall we-

"Good luck with the mission, fingers crossed it goes smoothly," Jin announced before quickly leaving, wishing his group the best with their new task. The rabbit hero, always with a spring in his step, distanced himself from the crowd as per usual, Masaru assumed the guy wasn’t introverted, but who could say although he believed it was more appropriate to call the rabbit a very independent, work-oriented individual, not really bothering with anything that wasn’t one-hundred percent about heroics. He wondered if he should strike up a conversation, perhaps add him to a growing list of possible spar partners.

Before he forgot, he waved goodbye to Jin, shortly after he was approached by one of the heroes he hadn’t really talked to, ‘The Miko’ as she was known. With grace and poise, she introduced herself to him and Charlie. He stood there a bit stunned from a refreshing change of personality, and cleared his throat, “Likewise, The Miko, my niece could learn a lot from you, she still has a lot to know about being a proper shrine maiden, although…” He remembered the door that was opened for Parona, the path towards being a private investigator instead, “...something else might be in store for her.”

He then faced Ichiro, to think that Eagle would hand the drunk something as important as the mission’s folder and its contents; Masaru wasn’t going to make any comments of course as his senpai did prove himself competent recently, he made a note not to underestimate the guy just because of his 'love' for alcohol.

“Well well well, good morning Treasure Map, already had your morning drink?” Masaru started off with some small talk, then got straight to the point with mock curiosity, “They always said sharing is caring, so you mind sharing what’s on that folder with the rest of us?”
code by Nano Nano

Last edited:

scroll

HAYWIRE

charlie.

mood

curious, pensive

Agency HQ

interactions

katayama, gao, nakano, tasuo

“You're right.”
It appeared that Katayama shared similar views to her own, as he responded to her immediate response to the news of the mission. Was he a vigilante before all joining the agency as well? It would make sense, considering they both shared likeminded ideas when it came to taking down the villain. “Setting aside my own feelings on this, this is the card that we’ve all been dealt with, I'll just have to see this through the end. I won't back down from it, and I don't think neither of us should, so let’s all do our best and get along.." Well, of course she'd see it to the end. Charlie was here to do just that, no matter the price. The rookie didn't get enough time to reply to him, however, as another hero spoke up,

"All villains are, are simply victims of a story we have yet to comprehend. It is up to the kami to mete judgement; whether it be cruel and unusual, or lenient." Blue eyes were directed towards the other hero, pulling her gaze away from Katayama. These same eyes blinked at the woman, not really sharing these values at all. The hero who introduced herself as Tatsuo Iori seemed a little bit too kind for her own good. It's hard to find this same perspective on people who kill, steal, and terrorize. Victims? Yeah, right.. She thought to herself. Sympathy simply takes too much energy to be wasted on scum. However, Charlie didn't exactly have time for a debate at the moment, deciding to simply give Miko a quick nod in agreement. "Nice to meet you, Tatsuo."

There was an overall low murmur of chatter across the meeting room, but Nakano's voice managed to lift itself up above everyone else's, "D’aaaaaw, is someone scared of a little villain?" Charlie rolled her eyes, letting the other hero finish, "It’s not too late you know, if you think you aren’t up to the challenge you can just waaaalk out and head back to mommy, the door’s right there.”

Charlie couldn't help but laugh at the assumption, still not really understanding why this woman felt so inclined to be so damn annoying. Maybe it just came naturally to her? "Well, Nakano, I think if I can sit through hearing your voice, I can make it through anything. So, thank you for bestowing such bravery upon me." Thankfully, her attention didn't stay on Nakano for very long, as Gao began to say his piece.

Charlie expected the older of the pro heroes to agree on a more pacifist way of thinking. Traditionalist hero work was very clear-cut. Heroes catch the villain, and leave judgement up to the law, or whatever deity they believed in. Charlie wasn't so sure about his take on vigilantes, considering she herself had done her own vigilante work before joining the agency. Sure, straight-up murder is crossing the line, but, sometimes the criminals of the world find their way through many loopholes of the law, and end up walking free. Especially ones with money to spare. What are the people supposed to do then? This question is one of the reasons why she decided to become a pro instead of hide in the shadows.

Gao was right with his latter statement, though. The Agency's reputation will definitely be put on blast if anyone makes one wrong move. Kind of annoying, but, it's part of the job she took on. This realization will only force the new hero to push aside her personal take on this, and do her best to not bring the team down. Charlie decided not to respond, bringing her gaze back to Ichiro, who had all eyes on him now. Wow, no pressure..

♡coded by uxie♡

≛ Ichiro Kusumoto
『 TAGGED 』Interactions: leviohsa leviohsa Itsui Itsui Servant Servant Mentions: ◇ Maxxob Maxxob AriAriAbabwa AriAriAbabwa

Ichiro looked at the folder that was slid over to him by Eagle, pulling out some of the contents to take a gander. He already had an idea of some of the mission details but he wasn't provided any specifics by Eagle. He took of sip of his "coffee" and looked up to Nakano who was probably already worked up since she got out of bed. "I will not be rushed by somebody who smells like a litter box." He looked back down to read the contents some more before sliding it into the middle for all who wanted to view it as well. He turned to candlehead who had commented on his morning drink, "It wasn't just a morning drink, it was morning drinks." He said, emphasizing the plural ending. "Since you all are so impatient, I'll cut to the chase. We are escorting a villain that goes by the name of Magma, you've probably heard about him. The dude can throw up lava on command so he's no pushover. He was the fifth most wanted villain in Japan a few months ago. In a few hours, we'll take the company vehicle and travel along with the motorcade. Some of us will be in the cop escort vehicles to spread us out along the motorcade. Things should go smoothly but if anything happens, I'm confident we can deal with it. The last thing we need is him being killed or even worse, freed." Ichiro said, taking a large drink from his coffee cup, emptying it into his mouth.

"I don't really care how you all feel about this mission, we have been tasked to do something and it is our duty to do it. If you don't feel that way, maybe hero work isn't for you." Ichiro slid back into his chair after saying his piece, kicking his feet up and crossing his arms. "If you have any questions, better voice them now. I know details is hard for you candlehead." He said, moving his thought process away from the more controversial topic at hand. The last thing he wanted was to get bogged up in an argument. He grabbed the flask from his front pocket since his coffee was already finished. He probably shouldn't have been drinking as much as he was but when you are that close to Nakano, it's hard not to throw some down the hatch.

After a long sip from the flask, he put it away and turned his focus to Charlie, "You're going to stay at the back of the motorcade, not really useful upfront." Ichiro said, glancing away to the rest of the group, "As for the rest of you, I don't really care where you are situated, so pick and choose as you please." He trusted the rest of them enough that they'd know their roles accordingly, except Nakano. There was no telling what was running through that girl's mind.
code by Nano Nano

CODE / ARKNIGHT
Mr. Fist
Things are about to get hot

Gao understood that the agents gathered there had diverging opinions about the mission itself. It would be strange if they didn’t. The old man smirked towards the rookie, Charlie ( leviohsa leviohsa ), when she mentioned the pressure - “No good blade is made without scorching, iron-melting heat. Just like no good hero is made without an appropriate amount of pressure” - he says, taking another sip and finishing the delicious tea he was holding in his hands - “That actually makes me remember that one time..” - the old man ends up cutting himself short, as Karate King ( Slav Slav ) starts to reveal information about the mission at hand. I guess all agents piling up on him made him spill the beans quicker than he would do otherwise.

So, the person of interest in that mission, or better saying, the criminal of interest was Magma. The hunt to capture him was still pretty fresh on Fist’s mind. The old man himself had participated in quite a few of the missions that were leading to his capture, until he was pulled for different assignments. He had no doubt on his mind that, had he kept participating until the very end, Magma would need to use dentures by now. Maybe Gao was, after all, pretty wrong that they wouldn’t have their share of action in that mission ( Itsui Itsui ) - “I have a feeling that this may be the perfect initiation for Haywire and Slowburn…” - the old man commented, looking towards both heroes, finally setting down the empty cup he was holding in his hands on a nearby balcony. As for the danger of the villain being freed, Fist would need to be left in pretty bad shape to, at the very least, don’t make the criminal use a wheelchair for the rest of his life.

As Kusumoto ended, he gave all the agents, but Charlie, the option of choosing exactly where they would be in this mission, showing he trusted them albeit being the de-facto leader of it. And, even though it was a no-brainer, Gao made an expression like he was really pondering about where he would be during that mission - “It is better if I take the front of the motorcade, in the police car. I suspect that would make the police officers feel more at ease. And if I need to get close and personal, I can do it in an instant” - Gao said with a calm, difficult to read expression on his face. He was a front line, hand-to-hand agent and he preferred to do things this way. Furthermore, in case of an attack, the front escort is more likely to be targeted first. The bald hero trusted his survival capabilities fully.

With that, the old man started doing small jumps in places, doing a short warm-up for the mission they were about to get started on. He then extended his right arm to the left of his body, using his left arm to force it, feeling the tendons of his arm stretch. He made the same process with his left arm and, after that was done, he cracked his knuckles. The old man was clearly ready for the mission and dared not to sit down on an empty chair, lest his body relaxed again.

Kathy.png

1634350198487.png

Despite everything that had been going on around her, she eventually zoned out into her own thoughts. In her mind, she had still been trying to figure out the shooter from yesterday. There was always a reason for everything, a motive even, and she wanted to get to the bottom of it. Before she could really think about it, however, Eagle busted into the room, his voice booming and causing the woman to turn around, taking a good look at the large bird man. Luckily his words were definitely not directed at her, she was always on top of work she had, regardless. He then headed to the meeting room and everyone followed suit. Nexette took a seat, listening to Eagle as he debriefed all of them with yesterday, but then proceeded to mention today's job. He announced the chosen Heroes to go on out and slid the folder to the one and only Ichiro who was the closest. Then Eagle took his leave and left the group in the room. Some began to talk among themselves, and some took their leave out of the room. Her amethyst eyes watched over everyone and spoke up (not really due to her soft voice) when Charlie leviohsa leviohsa asked about protecting a villain, but stopped as Tatsuo and Fist ( AriAriAbabwa AriAriAbabwa Maxxob Maxxob ), followed by Nakano. It seemed that her words were not needed here as they all spoke.

Ichiro Slav Slav soon had all the eyes on him, and from the look on his face, he took this mission extremely seriously. A man who can throw up Lava on command... I remember hearing reports about him back then...He was definitely someone not to mess with... Ichiro continued to take charge, all the while being careless with his feet on the table. Does he not see how dirty his shoes are... she thought to herself. Moving from her seat, she moved to Charlie and gently patted her arm "It may be your first day but it'll be good experience...Especially with all the action going on the past few days..." giving her a slight nod, she looked over towards the others "You all be careful out there... Remember, we're still humans to a degree..." on top of it all, she felt bad that she couldn't join them...But, if she did, she'd cause too many explosions, risk others with her quirk. So it was best for her to sit this one out unless they needed an extra hand. Despite her destructive quirk, she did what she could to minimize the damage.

Old Wounds
Tsukuyomi Hachiman
That bastard will pay...
As Eagle (The Head Honcho of the agency) started to take jabs towards specific individuals due to their behavior, Tsukuyomi leaned back into his chair, acting fairly nonchalant about the chaos around him. He knew that he himself was very well behaved and wouldn't cause as much of a ruckus as some people. Remaining in his chair, he was starting to partially sleep, failing to hear what was going on. Though there was something that caught his attention: Prisoner Transport. Now he was interested. Who was so important to the feds that they needed to transport him to a bigger facility. It didn't make sense to him as to why they'd have to transport him. Villains being killed wasn't the problem, someone more powerful taking the dead's place was. To him, it sounded like they were transporting someone who used to be high up in the criminal food chain. Hopefully, It’s Yakuza because I would love to know how that old-timer thinks about the new way versus the old way of crime. Information and knowledge were important and Tsukuyomi knew that.

"After Eagle Stated the names on who was going on ahead,"
versus who was benched, something intriguing happened: Why Eagle never specified who they were transporting? As Charlie and Miko said they had two cents on morality and the way we should see “our enemies” he chimed in on the conversation “I agree, Tatsuo. There are always two sides of every coin, but knowing Eagle this must be different.”( AriAriAbabwa AriAriAbabwa and leviohsa leviohsa ) Questions continued to fly throughout the air but Tsukuyomi realized one person wasn’t being as snarky as usual but actually quiet, Ichiro. Also, did it seem like he was more informed about this assignment specifically? At this point, it didn't matter to him. Eagle had trusted him with this assignment so obviously, he was now the big man.

“We are escorting a villain that goes by the name of Magma,
you've probably heard about him.”

Screw what I thought earlier, Magma, that bastard, should have died months ago. Tsukuyomi thought back to a few months ago when he was responding to a call of an attack on a bank downtown. Police cars were practically melted in ways that only one kind of substance could do that kind of damage... Not only did Magma get away, but he didn't go without killing a few law enforcement officers. One of them happened to be a close informant of Tsukuyomi. In fact, after that incident, his family began sending money to his family. After the file had been put back on the table, he picked it up and looked inside to reveal more details and information. Okay...Okay…calm yourself..don’t let that asshole blind you on your priorities. He took a deep breath and efficiently looked through the papers within in a flash. He was always a fast reader, so it wasn't an issue for him. In his mind, he began to think about what would be the best placements for everyone going on the mission. Knowing the people that are with them, their two supports should be in separate vehicles to ensure that there's always support in case of an attack. He looked towards Katayama and hoped that the kid would behave because he knows that Nakana and Charlie probably won’t. I’m not his dad but hey…..maybe this newbie imprinted on me. Snapping out of his thoughts, he refocused on what he could do while everyone was out on babysitting duty.
Code By Nano

scroll

HAYWIRE

charlie.

mood

curious, unprepared

Agency HQ

interactions

ichiro, katherine

“No good blade is made without scorching, iron-melting heat. Just like no good hero is made without an appropriate amount of pressure”
The old man was right, but she didn't think she actually said her thoughts out loud.. Awkward. What was even more awkward was the continuous attention the older hero brought upon herself and Katayama. She knows it can't be helped, being a rookie and all, but, man. Being the center of attention really wasn't her style. What was her style, though, was not being on the front lines. However, the black-haired woman didn't know how to feel, being called 'not very useful'. Was she the only hero in this agency who worked in more covert ways? She didn't have much time to dwell on it, thoughts interrupted by another hero,

"It may be your first day but it'll be good experience...Especially with all the action going on the past few days..." Charlie tensed up slightly at the unexpected contact of the hero's hand patting Charlie's arm. Blue eyes looked over to the source of these words of encouragement: Katherine. She wasn't scared of the woman or anything, but, she never really liked being touched all that much. Charlie knew she meant well, so she simply gave her a nod of appreciation, looking back towards Ichiro and taking in the room.

Gao was certainly excited, already bouncing around the room like he was about to start a boxing match. Charlie wished she felt as ready. Meanwhile, Tsuki looked way more tense than usual. Maybe he knew this lava mouth-breather? A question for another day, clearly. Pale fingers drummed against the wooden table as Charlie's head came back down from the clouds. Arching a brow, she looked over to Ichiro, "So, not to be annoying.. But where do I play in all this? Maintaining security tech?" She didn't mean to come off snarky, but her words were unintentionally blunt, giving away her feelings of curiosity when it came to her usefulness in this mission. "I'm willing to do whatever is asked of me, as long as it helps get us results."

The last thing Charlie wanted to be was useless. And the last way she wanted to appear as was too weak-willed for the job. Of course, she was itching to get in some hero work. She only wished her role was more clearly defined. Especially when taking on (or, rather, escorting) such a high profile villain.

♡coded by uxie♡

Torii.png

Tatsuo_Iori.png

Interacting: @TransportPeople
Mentioned: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

b6a84a0fde2d1beaa92ac74f02a04a33.png
Ignoring Nakano's quip at the rookie immediately after her reassuring words, Tatsuo followed herself up with typical Miko civility. "In any case, Charlie, it isn't my place to tell you how to think, just as I cannot tell a wrongdoer to stop committing evil and expect graciousness." Sure, one could call her views idealistic, but it was those views that solidified the Miko's Shinto–esque Quirk and crafted who she was—before her powers even manifested.

Tatsuo perked up at Masaru's mention of his niece, particularly her current being as a shrine-maiden. "If her road takes her elsewhere, I'm sure it holds only the best for her. But if she chooses to continue as she is, let her know that the Agency's shrine could always use another hand." Before she turned away, though, Tatsuo muttered with a smile, "And please, you can just call me Miko." With that overtly common error out of the way, she returned her focus from the rookies to Ichiro... where everyone took to rushing to.

The shrine-maiden couldn't help but chuckle as everyone dog piled on Ichiro to read the file; she assumed everyone would sit patiently for the man to read. Her laughter fell short, however.

Magma. The name made even the shrine-maiden shift her posture, bringing a tinge of solemness to her face. Of her career, that villain came the closest to wearing her down. While the other heroes chased him around the country, it fell to her to manage the victims and their families. It had seemed that the kami themselves fell distraught; those injured never felt a full moment's peace. Many of the dead's families protested against the necessity for closed coffins. Even with Shinto's beliefs on sincerity, it was impossible to tell them the details. She often wondered if Magma knew what he did everyone caught in his path.

And here she thought that that would be the last the world heard of the villain. Tatsuo didn't realize she'd been fiddling her fingers before Gao's cheery voice snapped her back. The normal, serene demeanor came back to the Miko. Mr Fist was more than eager to ensure his passage between prisons; a more positive light to view it as. For that, Tatsuo had to give him credit.

She turned to the next voice wishing them caution, sensing her unease at not being picked to join them. "We'll be well, Katherine. I can promise that."

Now, for strategy... "I will situate myself in the back, ahead of Charlie. Since a strike would be the least likely to hit there, I'll have time to make myself useful." Much like Tsukuyomi thought, it was better if their supports were in separate vehicles. As for Charlie's curiosity about her purpose... Perhaps if the transport vehicles were electric cars...? If Tatsuo had to be honest, she hadn't the faintest clue, either. The most she could do was send an affirming smile her way and say, "At least if any potential assailant relies on technology, we have the perfect shutdown."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back