• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

YOU ARE A GOD! (Roleplay)

Characters
Here
She had completed her long trek through the province of Pale Sisters, from the frontier to the forum and at last she had arrived at her destination, the fortress. The sight of such a thing would send shivers down anyone's spine, even without the night's cold chill, it's ghastly guards, worrisome walls, resolute ramparts a clear signal to the unwelcome to stay well away. But the small creature who stood alone before it could only tilt her head, as if in great thought, before hopping towards the titanic tower within it's centre.

Hook Nose sat within his chamber, his eyes never leaving the skull on his desk, his quill tapping on the wood subconsciously in his contemplation. Things had been strangely quiet as of late on their borders, which to most would be a good sign, but for those who wore the burden of leadership, it was also unsettling. All around them lay great dangers from giants to dragons and all manner of Pretenders, those who wielded the power of Gods, with each of these beings having the strength to level armies if they deemed it fit. Already the forces around them grew bolder, with Pretenders in the south consolidating their power from province to province. Even the peaceful Volla grew bolder, her people already navigating through their land though, thankfully, they had meant no harm to his people. But other Pretenders, or those more malevolent forces that shared their borders, what if they grew bolder and tried to take this land? What then?
The Tengu had much magical skills but their spheres of power were limited and paled in comparison to most Pretenders, and the Oni, though mighty warriors could not hope to match the countless armies these beings amassed around them. Even behind the mighty walls of their citadel, the peoples of the Pale Sisters could not hope to survive, their resources finite and insufficient. This was the most harrowing and true fact of all, as the Bakemono had already swept the province for new riches or resources but had come up deathly short. The only real prize they had found was the Skull that now looked back at him on his desk, a relic that spoke in undecipherable whispers.

Hook Nose reached over with his quill, the feather brushing over the hole where once a nose would have been. Was this the key to helping his people? Was this what they should put their faith behind? The Tengu placed his quill down and reached for the skull with both hands, the movement casting a massive shadow over the room as if the lanterns dim light was trying to allude to something. Suddenly there was a flash of lightning from the window, causing Hook Nose to turn, his eyebrow raising at the newcomer in front of him as on the windowsill sat a weasel. Confused to it's sudden appearance, the Tengu turned to the door, the only means in and which was still secured on it's latch. With the tower more than sixty feet high, there was no other means upon which to enter.....

A crack of thunder pulled him back to the weasel, the creature now standing before him on his desk. He looked at the meek mammal for a few brief moments, before disregarding it's presence as inconsequential and turning back to the skull. The critter barked, another crack of thunder coinciding with it's cry. This was all too strange for the monstrous martial artist who looked back at the weasel with curious eyes. It was in that moment, as soon as their eyes met, a massive wind picked up around the tower, blowing through the window and scattering nearly everything to the floor. Chairs and blankets littered the floor as Hook Nose ran to the window to check on the denizens of the castle. As he gazed out into the night, the Tengu could see they were within the eye of the storm as a massive tornado surged all around them, it's sheer power unfathomable. However even as the stone grumbled and creaked, and all manner of object was blown about, none of the castle's inhabitants seemed to be harmed, the few Oni on the ramparts merely standing stupefied at the sudden wind surge.

It was then the penny dropped for Hook Nose, who turned to face the godly guest. "Kamaitachi!" he breathed.

A mighty spirit of legend, this weasel was no ordinary Pretender, if she could even be called that, her power blatantly obvious as the tornado continued to blow and surge around the tower. Though as he slowly approached the small creature in awe, he looked into her eyes and as he gazed into those black beads, it was almost like looking into an endless void. This was not an ill omen however but rather a sign because within that void, as the last of the lanterns light flickered across the room, there was a glimmer within that infinite space as if to say the possibilities were now endless. For him and his people....

Orders

Kamaitachi: 1K Oni, 50 Tengu accompany Kamaitachi to Shadowlands

Followers: 5k Lizardmen harvest Ancient Wood (1 Wealth used)

Diplomacy: 12k followers and 4K Jade Amazons under the supervision of the Great Bear of Autumn transform Fields of Gold to a free trade port with Allevaster the Oracle. (3 wealth, Gypsum, Ancient Wood, Stone, Lumber used)

Last edited:

"Child... you. It is through you that I will manifest my teachings."

"Why?"

"For you are a font of poison... slowly killing yourself... suffocating. If I am able to show you the way, then may all learn from your journey into enlightenment. You shall be the Vessel who bears the sacred wisdom to quench the thirst and suffering."

"..."

"Then, let us begin with the first lesson. There are three poisons in existence that cloud and pollute the way on your path to enlightenment. The first is ignorance, which drives attachment and aversion. From ignorance, births greed - avarice, desire, lust, attachment and all the rest. Also from ignorance comes anger, aggression, cruelty and violence. These two poisons are the basic conflicting forces within us—attachment and aversion. They come from ignorance, and they're really not that different: "Get away" and "I want" are very similar, just like pushing away and pulling towards; and both cause anger to arise. However, among the three poisons, the most dangerous one is anger for it degenerates into violence and aggression with such ease...

Despite it being the most dangerous, it is also the most misunderstood. I teach you all to meditate, yet many will misunderstand and interpret it as if one should suppress our anger... making one sicker. Thus, careful attention must be given when learning about anger. Learning to understand the causal chain of anger’s arising as well as the undesirable, destructive outflows of anger and its malicious cousin hatred can help strengthen our will to intelligently control it. Moreover, recognizing the positive sides of anger, such as its pointed ability to perceive what is wrong in situations, including injustice and unfairness, helps moderate our blind reactivity to it and generate constructive responses.

Something else that is often overlooked about the disastrous effects of anger is the harm it does to oneself. The first person hurt is always the one who is angry. An angry mind is a suffering mind. An angry mind is agitated and tight. It is constricted and narrow. The quality of consciousness changes. Judgment and perspective vanish. All good sense disappears. One feels restless and driven. Nothing is satisfying. Sleep is difficult. The body is tense. The sense of self is very large, and so is the sense of the other. One reason anger is so very painful is that it instantly creates such sharp separation between self and other. A line is drawn between the two that cannot be passed.

So, how does one effectively manage anger and its deleterious effects? Certainly we need to work externally for peace in the world, for disarmament among nations, and against injustice and oppression, racism and genocide. But we also have to work from the inside out, disarming our hearts, softening up, unveiling the tender caring heart in our breast. The good heart is in each of us, underneath all those intractable defense mechanisms, underneath that socialization we were put through - the hard carapace of a carefully crafted persona we’ve developed like armor to cope with the exigencies of life. This basically means finding our tender heart, letting down our defenses, loosening up the impacted persona, and cracking the hardened shell that we formed around ourselves to protect our vulnerable, defenseless selves when we were growing up. Disarmament is not just about war and weapons. It’s about fear, survival and vulnerability. The more secure we become internally, the less threatened, fearful and aggressive we’ll be in life.

A great deal of aggression comes from fear, from egotism, and from perceived danger. When I feel angry, I find it personally useful to look at what am I afraid of. I ask myself, “Where and how do I hurt?” This instantly helps me better get in touch with what’s going on, rather than just blame somebody else or react in kind. After calming down, to get some higher guidance I like to ask myself: “What would Compassion do in this situation? What would Love do here and now?” This helps me cool my passions; be more creative and proactive, rather than simply reactive; feel fearless yet gentle, and more comfortable; feel more fearless, and transcend blame, resentment and bitterness. The more we practice, and the more we reflect upon our own lives and the lives of those around us, the more we begin to understand the profundity of the law of karma. We come to see why we should never respond to anger with anger.

Here are a few clues about anger: a lot of it stems from fear and fright, and in the primitive fight or flight response. Peace comes about from working with our own mind, disarming our heart, not just passing legislation on weapons or ceasefire treaties.

Thus, my Child... when you find yourself in a situation where anger threatens to blind you. I ask of you to repeat this phrase to yourself:"

In this world
Hate never yet dispelled hate.
Only love dispels hate.
This is the law,
Ancient and inexhaustible.

Last edited:
Turning a New Web, a New Book
Spring 1, Turn 2

1637352080706.png

[Witch-Haven, The University of Kaigonji] - [Audio Track] - [Audio Track 2]
Hundreds of spidersilk paper rolls dazzled the hold of Witch-Haven as they fluttered from the crater's pool towards the multi-chambered library. The room is carved from the piedmont with multiple stories and elegant staircases. Vines, leaves, and spiderwebs dazzled the walls and surfaces. Every square inch of the library, also known as the University of Kaigonji is handcrafted and unique, full of runes and other writings. Even the walls have much to say without books. Books themselves were bound primarily within cured reptile skin and spidersilk rope, gently made as the materials agreed easily. The railings are carved from ancient, normal wood with small gemstones. The walls are enhanced with marble fixtures and murals. Expense was not withheld for this creation. In the cutout roofs of the library laid the ever rare Crystal Wood, a special material found within Hajova's waterfall hold. It dazzled and enhanced the light of the room, allowing those without darkvision to see perfectly at night. The light cast itself across the books, allowing ink to form easily and well. While many came as with a public library, the many lecture halls and other resources allow students to learn a great deal about magic in a university setting. No form of magic is forbidden as long as it can be controlled. No piece of knowledge is forbidden. The truth is the truth. Spirits of the trees organize and find books for those in need. Water and juice are served freely and without charge. Any may sign up for tuition and all are welcome. No one is discriminated against based on their race, color, or creed. Only their character matters here. Professors from across the Kahinzi Pantheon teach magic across almost all spheres. The university lacks expertise in the sphere of Fire. However, rumors spread that the host will fill that void soon. There are many other chambers including research rooms, studies, and identification rooms. Many of these rooms help students harness their magical knowledge and grant practical application. Hajova assures all that new magical discoveries will come from the conjunction of this university and the workshop. Rumors spread of additional colleges will be added to the university. Topics such as engineering, agriculture, philosophy, and more are within the works within the Teotl's plans.

The university is currently accepting written submissions of any kind, from fiction, non-fiction, tributes, and to all others. All written material is welcome. No topic banned or author excluded. Others may come and access its volumes for a fee. The university is also accepting artifacts, paintings, etc. from artists across the world as well to display talent and inspire others.

Those that travel to Witch-Haven for study, who may not wish to return to their lands, may take the Teotl as their own and stay within Witch-Haven. They may also bring their family and find a new life within her lands.

Beckoncall Beckoncall

Capital above, and Underwarren below. With practiced grace suiting a pre-Cataclysm Attolian courtier, he drew alongside Adjutant Hamelin and the pair began to walk the winding tunnels towards the stables. The whiskers of his ratkin companion twitched through the holes in their expressionless mask as he experimentally sniffed the air with every turn they took. For a moment Legate Ersoy, though quickly compartmentalizing the thought away for later reflection in schooling his face, couldn't help but feel a pang of envy at the instinctually familiar ease with which his guide navigated this unlit world.

Even at the height of his power, Overlord Xeres never dared to extend his reach much further than the city's sewer systems. Though he had allies in his time, to win and embrace with open arms such enduring force that had the cultivated potential to crumble the mountains of man until one bloodied aiguille stood amidst rubble was a cost too steep to bear. As the peoples of Avecury have born testament to time and time again, there was no will more resolute than the mythic sustaining hatred of the Capital Underlords when unbound. "Light?" Adjt. Hamelin suddenly asked with a chitter, flicking his tail.

Tapping his rune engraved bracer, Legate Ersoy's eyes became absorbed in watching a 'craterborn' lesser fire elemental uncurl themselves from around his right arm before parting from his side to get started illuminating the chamber and it's nightmarish sleeping occupants. "They've taken well to their new home. I was afraid that the cave grub larvae acclimation was behind schedule."

"If you had taken the time to read it, my detailed report reassured that the 'great work' continues as planned..." Adjt. Hamelin stated with a filter-muffled huff of breath before proceeding to boldly scrutinize the man-thing's countenance through tinted goggles. "What news from Three Tolls? No paltry triumph would keep the Boss."

"We must all play our assigned roles. There is business to be concluded further abroad, a circumstantial slight that we cannot continue to let stand if we are to finally unburden ourselves of the past in good conscience. He will return when there is an empire worth returning to."

"Now you're going to question if me and mine are up to task, aren't you Ersoy? Well don't bother, I might not be a magister supreme by any consideration, but I'd like to think living in foundations all my stinking life would've taught me a thing or two about making a lasting one."

"Then we part ways in mutual faith that our combined abilities will be enough to complete his designs. Just be sure to warn your surface work crews to stay clear of our elephantine loxodon friends when they're on the surface, they're said to startle easily around your kind."

Hamelin nodded. "When all is said and done, tell the terror teams to visit again. I still owe what's left of them a round of drinks for dislodging that kraken Sulthis."

Legate Ersoy toured the Underwarren for a few hours more to partake in the celebrations of the ratkin until emerging into daylight again. He owed them that much for their valor in battle. Truthfully, he'd remember little of it come tomorrow, his restless mind too fixated yet on logistics, the death of New Pelagia, and that distant look of longing and... Regret Overlord Xeres had in his eyes when he touched the sands of the Mekone arena.

Hinnom Ambush
Spring 1, Turn 2: Part 2

1639140503159.png

[Karak, Fortress of the Dwares] - [Audio Track] (<--- Click name for music, Image on video irrelevant)
Freshly minted structures adorned the halls of the inner halls, freshly placed and glossy metal. As the fires illuminated the chambers brighter and dwarves moved calmly through the staging areas for Undersprings, multiple orbs of red, yellow, green, blue, orange, black, white, and red appeared. They stretched over the halls and caused a graceful lavender hue to embrace the metals so that they rang embarrassed with the hue. A psisp and thousands of soldiers of varied garb and race stood in the halls. They began to assist the dwarves swiftly after a few conversations, grabbing boxes and sleds to transport gunpowder, arrows, and other assorted armaments. The clank of hammers and the chittering of mouths continued as improvements made and equipment fashioned. The raging coals and fires of the furnaces, the soft gentle waterfall that cooled the fortress tisked at the rising heat. Four arrived at the entrance battlements. They stood at the crest looking out into the hills and caves that laid across this piedmont. The sky seemed fair and a tad cloudy, but nothing to distinguish from the coming days. Calm grasses and tender bushes are scattered across. The mirror of the vibrant forests for which Witch-Haven supports and cherishes.

"Calm and windy. This feels strange." Yesura plopped most of her eyes closed at the beginning of her vocal skitters. Her eight-legged body pressed against the metals with pose, despite her grander size and statue. Yesura spun multiple times, letting the wind fizzle over her body.

"This world contains a diverse lexicon of adaptations and strategies allowing life to form in a myriad of ways. Nature simply is, and the elegance of the simple is lost during these times."

"Mother, I hate to interrupt your lecture, but the dwarves have guests. And I don't think they brought gifts." A Black Friday Sale crowd of Oghere began their hike up the hills. About 100k or so, a slow Black Friday this year.

"GIL AH GOIFUOFOID OFI!" GlugBlabpadorp screamed.

"Can you not scream for FIVE MINUTES!" Takuma covered his ears. Yesura performed a backflip and Glug stopped. From amazement or other reasons will remain a mystery.

Hajova paused, patting her mask with her left bottom-most hand, before an extraordinary high-pitched ring ejected from her mask's gem. The metals rang with resonance and the light refracted for the snappiest of moments. Action sprung and the forces of the Teotl rushed with their weapons to the battlements. The Tauren awaited by the gates, the Chiropterans became one with their inner rock for malicious intent, the goblins and spiders readied on the ceiling of the cave. As the Black Friday shoppers (yes, I am in fact still running this gag) approached, the dwarves galloped behind and armed their cannons. Shots ran through the air, ending as baking soda volcanos. Shrapnel danced for death, and blood guzzled by the ponds across the valley. As Hajova opened her mask, a black, misty form leaped out, creating thorns of nature's wraith. The chiropterans flapped their wings vigorously, allowing their blood to glow bright red and blue. As they flapped, the thorns cast red streaks from the ponds, absorbing them quickly. The thorns crashed into the ground shaking army, disintegrating them in brutality only known far too long ago. The thorns are placed in predicted positions of the shopping formation. Many impaled, my torn to bits, and finally, black vines whooshed with purple energy as many Oghere flailed in futile desperation. Heads snapped and pieced by the thousands by rocks. Nets and webs flew freely and true, the incoming charge showed just how bad the shopping can get. My, my, they might need some first aid. Sadly, the crowd was too much.

The general approached with properly prepared shoppers. They carried their armor and weapons with distinction and discipline. As the chaos unfolded amongst them, smoke descended and the gates opened wide with a heavy snap. A counter push surmised in instants as the colorful and glowing armor of the Tauren illuminated the cavern greatly. Bodies laid on the floor and a pile-wall formed at the front of the enemy formation. The Oghere bodies solidified much better than others, likely due to their large size. The Tauren reached the wall with the first row preparing their shields, the second readied their spears. As the Oghere in their panic rushed the phalanx, their explosives detonated wildly. While mostly for cleaning the mess of their comrades, the shields of the Tauren could only hold them back so long without losses. Glug rushes through the lines to the Hinnom General. The General pauses and Hajova holds back Glug for a moment.

"You have slain much of my cannon-fodder, but my men are at your gates, which is all I needed them to accomplish. Forfeit Zimmeria without bloodshed and we will consider this war over -- a strategic loss to us, but you will no longer move east through or past our lands except by water. This is my proposal. The alternative is that I slay your Cmuch pawn and order my Oghere to overrun your flak cannons and ravage the entire province. What say you?.... And remember that this is a war of aggression by your pantheon. The trifling Allesvasser "liberating" in our territories. We do not seek to destroy you, but we are equipped to do so."

Hajova responded sharply, "Interesting, I see that one has confidence. But, your demon masters must be eliminated for this world to blossom. We cannot allow the intrusion to last. But, if you betray your masters, I will absolve you and you may live peacefully in these lands or any that we have. Simple offer, stand with cutthroats that use you or betray and come to those that will treat you better."

"Our proposal has been rejected." The general quickly stabs his sword towards Glug, but his newfound webbies prevent the general from succeeding. Glug pushes back with pure savagery and they meet in strength quickly. The general loses footing in the bodies. Blood splatters as Furor Poeticus nearly falls completely. Glug quickly slashes Poeticus's neck, but the rush of battle prevents the blow from killing outright as he slides out between the coral axes Glug uses. The general swiftly cuts legs and arms. However, Glug manages to return blows that chip in the general's armor. It will not be enough.

Quickly, the general shows his martial skill, turning Glug's chest into a mire of blood. Soon, he falls and the general speaks again, "Accept my terms, or face my charge."

"I'm sorry, but as I said, your demonic masters cannot intrude on this world any longer. I will not let your evil sway me from the path that must be taken." Hajova speaks calmly yet easily heard across the battlefield. As her words faded, a purple hue swelled. The air grew still, the earth slid away, and the light faded. Not light, but yet all could see. In the darkness, something else arose. Then as the universe's rejection came true, the flooding of reality fell back within and a tempest of energy clashed to and fro. Those that remained in the chaos of rocks, webs, and wings evaporated as ice in an oven. Violent sundering clashed over the earth as some cracked with purple energy as they linger in half. Some of the more resilient and prepared shoppers stood in shock as their armor barely saved them. The white glow jittered and convulsed briefly as the purple energies assailed them. With the bulk of the shopping crew "missing", the prepared shoppers ran for the hills. But their feet could carry so far along with the bodies and terrain. Webs and nets slowed them down for the Tauren to overwhelm and imprison them.

Hajova rests after her spike of rage before she approaches the Oghere and speaks calmly to them, "You deserve better and I shall grant you better as I have before." Showing the Tauren. She twirled briefly before returning into the fortress with her people and new recruits. Fires laid across the cavern as the bodies were given a brief yet respectable last living rites. Hajova raised her arms into the air and allowed the spirits of the fallen who wish for peace to follow her.

Beckoncall Beckoncall

Attachments

• 1639105554240.png
    1639105554240.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back