• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern You’re Still the One I Want

Charlotte was stood outside the hospital after her shift, waiting for the handsome soldier she had been seeing to come pick her up, they were going to see a movie this evening but she thought maybe their plans should changed as she clutched a letter in her right hand that she had received that morning. She was to return home to America. Next week. The last thing she wanted to do was leave Nicholas but she didn’t appear to have much choice in the matter.
YourForeverIsAllThatINeed YourForeverIsAllThatINeed

Nicholas runs a hand through his hair and drives to the hospital. He couldn’t wait to see Charlotte. He had been enjoying their time together. He pulls up outside the hospital and sees her standing there, beautiful as ever. He hope out of the car Nd goes to the passenger side, opening the door for her. “You look an amazing Charlotte.”

She smiled at him and sighed happily as he walked closer. “We should walk.... I know your leg is still bothering you but we need to talk about something.” She told him softly. “Also who did you borrow a car from?” She giggled and reached for his hand.

Nicholas frowns a little but nods. He closes the door and steps up on the sidewalk with her. He smiles at the question. “I’m pretty good friends with my commanding officer. He let me borrow his car for tonight. Of course that also means I’ll be washing this thing everyday for a month.” He shrugs and start walking with her.

Charlotte smiled some at him, swallowing a little. She had fallen head over heels for the English soldier and the last thing she wanted was to lose him but now she had no choice. "Well that was rather silly Nicholas, you shouldn't be up and about with that much exertion yet." She reminded him and linked her arm with his while they walked slowly, "They're sending me back to America love." She told him quietly frowning

Nicholas shrugs. "I'll be fine." He murmurs softly and then frowns. "What? Why?" He asks softly and stops walking, looking at her. He didn't want her to leave. He had grown quite fond of the young nurse.

She frowned and stepped forward, slipping her arms around his neck, "They don't need American nurses here anymore... The war is over darling... They need me to go home... Not enough food to feed immigrants as well." She pointed out. "But I will be here for another two weeks before I leave... And then you can always write to me and I will write back and someday we will find a way to be together again." She told him, holding back tears.

Nicholas pulls her closer and caresses her cheek gently. "I don't want you to leave though." he murmurs softly. "Letters could never replace how I feel when we're together like this. You'll be too far away." He murmurs softly and wipes under her eyes gently.

She shook her head, "I don't really have a choice love.... We will find a way to make it back to each other I promise." She murmured gently, leaning up on her tiptoes and kissing him, smiling a little, "For now, let's just walk and enjoy what time we've got." She murmured, taking his hand again and started them walking through the city a little, at his pace.

Nicholas nods a little and kisses her back softly. He holds onto her arm gently and walks with her, just enjoying this time with her. He rubs her hand softly and looks over at her. "You're beautiful, you know that." He murmurs softly.

She smiled and watched him some while they walked. She could only hope that their relationship would survive the distance and that someday they could be together again. “Yes well so you’ve said since the day they brought you in.” She murmured

Nicolas chuckles softly. "Don't pretend you don't like hearing it." He murmurs teasingly and kisses her head softly. he holds her close and rubs her lower back softly.

“Now I never said that did I?” She giggled and leaned her head on his shoulder, slowing down when he needed them to. “I do wish you’d been able to show me the rest of England like we’ve talked about.”

Nicolas looks at her and nods. "I thought we'd have more time to get to it." He murmurs softly and goes over to a bench. He sits down with her and takes her hand.

She held his hand a little tightly and sighed some, kissing his cheek, "I know sweetheart, I did too... We better make this a very good two weeks then." She told him and then sat happily quiet with him, watching people go by on the streets

Nicolas nods a little and rubs her back gently. "We can do anything and everything you want this week." He tells her and smiles. "See the whole city if you want." He murmurs.

She smiled and nodded. “That sounds nice... but I’m working until the day I leave sweetheart.” She explained quietly and held him.

The two weeks leading up to her leaving went by far too quickly and she didn’t see Nicholas for more than a day, having received a letter from him that he had taken a bad turn and was very unwell again so when she was at the dock ready to board the ship back to America she wasn’t expecting him to turn up. She had let him know when and where but she had been waiting an hour and no sign so far and she was heartbroken

Nicolas groans and reassured the guys again that he was fine. He wasn’t missing saying goodbye, he couldn’t. He shrugs the guys off. “Oi come on.” He grunts and wobbles over to the car. “Now who’s gonna drive me down to the docks?” He grumbles and gets in the car. He leans back and crosses his arms.

Charlotte was trying her best to stay off the boat for as long as possible but they were now calling for final boarding and she couldn’t wait any longer, making her way up the ramp, wiping at her eyes. If she could just know that he would be okay then she would be too but the not knowing was killing her. Once her things were in her cabin she headed up onto main deck and stood near the railings watching the dock again and scanning the still milking crowds to see if she could have possibly just missed him, finally seeing his face as the ship was pulling away and waving frantically towards him.

Nicolas finally makes it to the docks and notices the boat pulling away. He rushes as fast as he could towards the boat and scans the deck, finally seeing her waving at him. He frowns and waves back, watching her moving away from him. He missed her. His shoulders slump and he sighs.

His friend stood next to him and sighed heavily. “I guess you’ll be telling your kids someday that she’s the one that got away huh?” He muttered and helped him back to the car.

It seemed to stay that way for weeks and eventually Brian was going through their mail and found a letter for him smiling some. “Nicholas! I think she’s written to you!” He called out and he walked out into the living room passing him the envelope. There were three of them that lived together from their old squadron. The only three that had survived the war. But they stuck together.

Nicholas hope up off the couch and grabs the letter. He was feeling a lot better health wise now. He quickly rips it open and begins to read it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back