• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern You’re Still the One I Want

It detailed that she was finally home and that things hadn't changed very much at all since she'd been gone except that there were lots of young men missing from the town. The next two pages were all drivel from her regarding her day to day business until the writing changed a little. There had been a couple of daus between the last two pages and a dinstinct tone of sadness was in the last page. It stated that at her arent's wish she was to to be married off next year to a young man in the town but her heart still belonged to Nicholas and she could only hope that he was still in love with her as well. If he could somehow move to America to be with her then it would all be fixed and they could finally be happy together but she also understood that it was likely impossible.

Nicholas read the letter carefully and tighten his grip when he learned of her impending marriage. He had to get to America. He had to be with her. He rushes off to his room to pen his own letter to her. He tells her that he will be there soon and to wait for him. He wouldn’t let this marriage happen if he had any say. He tells her how much he missed her and that his heart would always belong to her. He soon runs out of the home and down to the post office to have it mailed as soon as possible before rushing back. “I have to get to America!” He finally exclaims when his friends look at him in utter confusion at his actions.

Charlotte walked down to the kitchen to speak to her mother and beg her to put off the arrangements "I'm not marrying him, I already ahve a young man that I'm courting. Se're just having to wait until he can come to the country. Please Momma, he's a soldier and he's a wonderful gentleman." She begged her, hoping Nick would be able to make it.

Charlotte’s mother looks over at her and puts her book down. “I’m sorry dear but I am not putting this off anymore. I let you go off and be a nurse and now it’s time to settle down and have children. You aren’t getting any younger.”

She frowned and shook her head. “Things are changing mother, women can be okay without having to get married off. I will not marry him. I’m going to wait for Nicholas to come to America if I have to wait for years.” She told her again.

Her mother looks at her sternly. Lyla will marry Anthony and you will marry him by the end of this year.” She tells her. “Now go get ready. Him and his family are coming for dinner.”

She grit her teeth and shook her head. “I will come to dinner but I will not marry him.” She repeated then left the room and shook her head absolutely fuming but at the same time, worried sick over how she would ever see Nicholas again.

Her mother way he’s her leave and rolls her eyes. Her daughter was a little too headstrong. She shouldn’t have even let her go off to be a nurse. She sighs and goes to change.

Charlotte came back downstairs only after their guests arrived later that evening and she wasn't happy about it. To try and put him off a little she'd made sure to wear something that would show too much skin. She knew the family well and was very aware that they were strict churchgoers. She had been herself up until becomin a nurse. She just couldn't allow herself to believe in a God who would let those soldiers suffer like that.

Charlotte mother nearly drops her drink when she saw the outfit her daughter chose to wear. She glares a little at her throught the whole time the quests were there.

She stood near the doorway with Luke when everyone began going out to the garden to eat. "Why are you letting your mother push you into this?" She muttered and took another sip of her wine.

Luke looks at her and sighs softly. “It’s a tradition in my family. This is how it’s always been. I won’t disrespect my parents like that.”

She frowned and shook her head. “Then I don’t think we would ever get on.” She muttered. “Surely you can’t be happy about this? No choice in who you marry?” She muttered looking up at him.

Luke watches her and sighs softly. “I’m not super happy about it but I’m gonna do it. It’s tradition and I respect my parents.”

Users who are viewing this thread

Back