• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Yo-Kai Watch: Soul Watchers

Truthblade

I am the truth. Deal with it.
Newvine City, a beautiful city of great sights and places to see. From all the busy shops to the bustling streets, there are many places to explore. Almost anything can happen here........and I mean anything....because the most fantastic sights in this city..are the ones you can't see.

When your day seems to be going perfectly normal, everything can go wrong in almost an instant. You can be walking on the sidewalk, and then you veer into the streets. You can be having a nice sleep, until you suddenly can't sleep any longer. You could have studied long and hard for that big test, then you suddenly forget everything about it. You could be the richest man in the world, then you find yourself broke. You may think the universe has begun to resent you, or good things are just not for you....but it is not your fault, and there is more to see than what your eyes are showing you. But with a special device, the Yokai Watch, you will be able to see the truth....the Yokai.

These supernatural entities are the reason for the stranger things of life. They are indeed everywhere, and they cause mischief wherever they go. But if you possess the Yokai Watch, you will be able to negotiate with or confront these beings to stop them in their tracks. That's what we are here for..the Soul Watchers. After being introduced to this new world by the Yokai Whisper, we go wherever the Yokai are to set right the various troubles of our lives that they cause. With our watches, we will help settle the balance between humans and Yokai, even if no one will know it. But beware: when a Yokai enters your life, things will never be quite the same.

This is an AU of the world of the Yokai Watch franchise, influenced by both the games and the anime. The rp takes place Newvine City, an alternate version of Springdale from the main series. The rp focuses on a group of kids who call themselves the Soul Watchers, who use the power of the Yokai Watch (a device that allows them to see the Yokai) that was given to them by Yokai Whisper to help solve the problems the Yokai bring to the human's lives.

What exactly are we doing in this rp?
Basically, the main story of the rp will focus on the discovery of an invasion by the Wicked Yokai, and our characters teaming up with a group of Yokai that are trying to fight them off.

But the main story isn't all though, as we can also do "side quests" that can be headed by me or another player to roleplay any other ideas that we come up with.

Where did the YoKai watch come from?

Long story short, Our characters discovered a strange vending machine called the Crank-a-Kai. When they opened the strange ball, Whisper emerged from it and gave them the Yo Kai Watch.

That sounds familiar..
Yes...yes it does.

Is there only one Watch?
No, each of our characters will have their own individual Yokai Watch, which can be an actual watch like Nate's or Inaho's, or a locket like Katie's.

Can we befriend Yokai here? If so, how?

Yes. Yokai in the rp can be befriended by actually helping them out with their problems or earning their respect (similar to the show) or by defeating them in combat (similar to the games). If there is a Yokai you want to befriend, let me know who you want to be introduced into the rp so we can make arangements (contanct me in PMs if you want it to be a surprise to the other players). The Yokai's combative actions (if we go with confrontation) will be controlled by me as they are fought by the players, and once they are defeated, you will their medal (though results may vary depending on the context). Alternatively, you can go with negotiation and "roleplay" you're way to friendship. Either way, you will gain 100% control of that Yokai, and will be able to summon them any time

Note however that some Yokai may be held off for a while for possible story purposes, and you may not ask for them unless I give explicit permission. As of now this includes (as well as alternative versions):

Robonyan
Kyubi
Venoct
Hovernyan
USApyon,
All Boss Yokai
All Legendary Yokai

Can Yokai fight like in the games?
Yes. Yokai will possess all abilities they have in the games and the show. While they will portrayed as fighting independantly from our characters, we as the players will have full control over them.

Do duplicates of the same Yokai exist?
Yes, with the exception of the Yokai listed above, as well as Whisper and Jibanyan. However, I would discourage multiple people having the same Yokai for variety's sake.

How many players are you looking for?

3-4/5 right now.

If you are interested, here is the Sign up sheet so you can start making your Soul Watcher. Feel free to add to it if you want to expand it.

Name:
Age (keep in mind our characters are in the 5th grade):
Birthday:
Appearance: (you may use an image or/and a detailed description. Include their height and physical appearance (eye color, hair, body type, etc).
Personality (tell me how they typically behave in most circumstances:
Background: (what is a typical day for them? Give me things like details of their life with their family, ambitions they have, and their feelings of the existence of Yokai.)
Yokai Watch: (a watch or a locket)
Yokai Friends: (you may start off with at least three*, and they can be of ranks E-C)

Yo Kai bios:

Name:
Nickname (optional)
Tribe:
Atrribute: (use the game one)
Abilities: (use the game ones, but also list any abilities they demonstrated in the show)
Backstory (optional): (their life before they became a Yokai and how they befriended your character. The latter isn't required if they are befriended during the rp)
Once I get at least three people who are interested , I will make an interest check.
If you have any questions or issues, feel free to let me know.

Last edited:
Just one more person then..
I'm interested

but Although, I can definitely do some research on it , I have never played any of the games, but have seen the show. Is that fine?

I'm interested

but Although, I can definitely do some research on it , I have never played any of the games, but have seen the show. Is that fine?
That's perfectly fine. I myself haven't played the actual games aside from Wib Wob.(though I watched playthroughs of it).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back