• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom YGO Otherworld Capsule FIghters -- OoC

Main
Here
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Since the capsules and such need the golden glove to function i think, then a shake of hands with the golden gloves may make sense

Since the capsules and such need the golden glove to function i think, then a shake of hands with the golden gloves may make sense

If we run into wild monsters that may be a problem e.g. the SteelSwarm that was eluded to in the interest check

Probably it needs some sort of concentration you can't do in combat. And I didn't really think of using sacrifices

You could have them on a charge system so a two tribute monster has a recharge time of two posts or something after they have been felled. Or they require the energy of two other capsules held in the gauntlet for a two tribute monster and once they've gone the others come back. Or a combination of both.

I mean the issue with the handshake is yeah, what about combat when you can't handshake?

Maybe it was a little childish to think this would be fair battles, sorry xD

Well, we have spell cards so we know magic is there. Would it be too silly to yell "It's time to d-d-d-dueeeel!!!" At the same time and activate a "battle mode" e.e ? It doesn't have to be like that exactly, we can just activate a spell field card that shapes the field to battle or just a combat activation card or voice command

In battle mode you can't access the hammerspace but you can summon your monsters to attack. More simple that way?

Maybe it was a little childish to think this would be fair battles, sorry xD

Well, we have spell cards so we know magic is there. Would it be too silly to yell "It's time to d-d-d-dueeeel!!!" At the same time and activate a "battle mode" e.e ? It doesn't have to be like that exactly, we can just activate a spell field card that shapes the field to battle or just a combat activation card or voice command

In battle mode you can't access the hammerspace but you can summon your monsters to attack. More simple that way?

I mean, there are fair duels/battles like pokemon fights yes. But not all of them. Wild monsters, etc

What if snapping your gauntlet makes a field where you can summon from the capsules you shoot out?

OR

Just make it something that requires time and meditation?

I've figured out my combination of Capsule Monster and Duel Spirit. Please be patient as I write the application.

I've figured out my combination of Capsule Monster and Duel Spirit. Please be patient as I write the application.
Okay. I'm going to sleep now, I would appreciate some note of progress within, say, 6 hours. Doesn't necessarily have to be done, but I'd like something that shows you've made progress

I would also like you to engage with the group more. I personally find it hard to collaborate with people who say nothing.

Goodnight.

If we run into wild monsters that may be a problem e.g. the SteelSwarm that was eluded to in the interest check

You could have them on a charge system so a two tribute monster has a recharge time of two posts or something after they have been felled. Or they require the energy of two other capsules held in the gauntlet for a two tribute monster and once they've gone the others come back. Or a combination of both.
Not sure about that. Did have an idea of rather than a hard limit on the number of capsules in the party, it's a number of stars that is the limit. And that number upgrades over time and experience

OK, before I continue, what's the reccommended level of your Duel Spirit? Most of the choices I want are like Level 4s, some Links and Xyz here and there, but it seems that most of us are going for some higher levels - 7, 8 and all.

OK, before I continue, what's the reccommended level of your Duel Spirit? Most of the choices I want are like Level 4s, some Links and Xyz here and there, but it seems that most of us are going for some higher levels - 7, 8 and all.

I think it doesn't really matter. Your duel spirit is your guide in the world for most of the RP, who only you can see and interact with so probably go with whichever one you can see yourself interacting with best,

unknown.png

unknown.png

Help me pick a Duel Spirit.

I think it doesn't really matter. Your duel spirit is your guide in the world for most of the RP, who only you can see and interact with so probably go with whichever one you can see yourself interacting with best,

Twist has it. There's no real power or limit there. I left it open for high-level but it's not really necessary

If I remember the last rp correctly each monster had a total of three different attacks based on their art style, is that right?
That is correct. For this one I'm not sure if we want all that Pokemon-y

So we can be flexible about how they fight, just don't go too far and all, right?

Pretty much, yeah. Use the art, possibly effects, as inspiration. Also remember capsule monsters follow the character's commands.

We'll get to Duel Armor at some point, according to the interest check. Migght even be at the beginning since we're chosen from another world. Since it merges a capsule with the fighter, it makes more sense for the combat to flow rather than be turns I guess.

Speaking of duel armor, thinking that there's a separate capsule monster that's slated for fusion when called on. if we go with the star-limit system, would that monster be counted, or not...

We'll get to Duel Armor at some point, according to the interest check. Migght even be at the beginning since we're chosen from another world. Since it merges a capsule with the fighter, it makes more sense for the combat to flow rather than be turns I guess.

Speaking of duel armor, thinking that there's a separate capsule monster that's slated for fusion when called on. if we go with the star-limit system, would that monster be counted, or not...

I would probably hold off on the Duel Armour until our characters are used to the launchers/ gauntlets. Would make more sense that way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back