• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Yellow (zombie survival rp open))

The young man shook ethans hand and gave him a beer. He placed the game on the table and unboxed it. "Why are you here anyway? How do you know rob? Why were you at golden living? Why weren't you picked for the experiment?" He was full of questions

"Well im from Boston, i came here to play poker in the pros, but i drove trucks for a living" Rob said, eyes still on the road "Came here with my....my wife and Kids" he said. "I was gonna use the money i make to help my kids go to school, good college good life you know" he added. He adjusted the hat on his head a bit as he fought back a tear. tammynorthland tammynorthland

"Thats a lot of questions" he said nervously "well I was here cause I live here, I fled to golden living so I could stay safe, And they never approached me for experiments" he said looking at the scrabble board. he looked at the beer "Oh uh i dont drink" he said somewhat quietly. "I ran into rob in the city when this thing all started, he was separated from his family and i helped him get out, when we get the chance we are gonna leave and find his wife and kids"
Twenty below Twenty below

Last edited:
Tammy listened as the 2 exchanged conversations with her. She turned away as Rob was talking about his family. She felt bad. She never knew that about him. They worked together but usually that was it. She turned at Sasaki as he offered the beer and she grabbed it, :If Rob isnt going to I will, Cowboys used to drink a little to maintain a steadier hand they said. I figure I wont call them liars in this case." She grabbed it cracking it open, the luke warm beer wasnt bad. But it wasnt great. She was more so a liquor person but the beer wont hurt. "Poker? I never took you as good with gambling." She noted. She sipped her beer. " Boston must have been one hell of a place to be back then I could imagine. It seems so crowded." She finished turning to Sasaki.

Sasaki was also drinking. She offered a quick cheers with him as it could be her last one ever. "And what should I know about Jean and Lawrence? They seem to know alot."

stonecoldlife stonecoldlife Twenty below Twenty below FiSHY_Boi_0149 FiSHY_Boi_0149

Lawrence got on his radio to check on the others "how you doing doc?" He asked. He realizes they just met this new guy who was quite literally thrown into their group but he didn't say much and that made Lawrence nervous. What if he was brought on to baby sit them or to kill them. These rebels were unpredictable

"Well to be honest I don't know much about them."he answered,taking another sip of his fresh luke-warm beer.
"We've spent a lot of time together but we never got the chance to open up to each other.Lawrence is an ex-military soldier who got kicked out for disobeying orders.At first I thought he was just a normal soldier-boy but I was very wrong.Even though he looks weak, he's a natural born leader, who's swift and intelligent. Jean on the other is just a woman you shouldn't mess with.First time I met her I thought she was just a weird edgelord but later on I witness how she shot down a whole hoarde without blinking an eye.Both are a force to be reckoned with."

"Yeah im sure Boston was packed lucky i was here instead of there, even luckier for my family" he said "I won big a few nights ago and i was able to treat them to the best dinner they had ever had" he said smiling "My wife Amber had lobstah, i had a few crabs, the kids probaby had some kind of chicken nuggets or something, i remember Amber kissed me for a long time that night, we hadnt done that in years, it was a good day" He said smiling "Well how i got into poker is pretty stupid i saw a 250 dollar prize pool tourney online i entered and won, then did that a whole bunch of times either winning or getting close and i was thinking 'wow im good at this' so i decided to go for bigger prize pools" he said. tammynorthland tammynorthland

" would have never guessed, I never got into gambling at all. I never saw the point of it. I also did not have alot of money being in school." She stated. The comment Sasaki made was echoing in her mind. She did not understand how this group could be so organized with such little knowing of each other. Tammy had trust issues herself. She felt it to be impossible to trust completely.
she took another sip. "So I am guessing you've been travelling with Ethan for a while?" She exchanged conversation before replying to Sasaki.

She then turned and asked, "So what motivates you to do this? Why are you helping?" She finally asked.

-----

The door slammed behind tammy and the man collapsed on the ground taking a seat after barring the door he just closed. The undead beat at the door. "Luckily we have another exit but yea that one is usually our emergency exit. Tables have changed ay girl?" The man had a thick Australian accent. Tammy cocked her head.

"Th- th- Thank you....." She stammered shaking with adrenaline. she felt woozy, her mind wandering rampart. Another human,.... she felt like it had been forever since she has talked to someone.
"no worries, Theres not enough of us so we need all the people we can get."
she turned her head as she started calming down and being able to relax. bodies thumped at the door. "Us?" She asked
"Yea like out there ya know, theres more of them than us, if humans want to stay alive they have to help each other." He smiled and pulled out some food in a storage cabinet. he offered her. She shook her head.
"I cant eat." She chuckled. "I was thinking thatd be the end."
He laughed. "well consider yourself lucky." "you got a name?"
she swallowed, "Tammy northland." She reached out and shook his hand
he returned the gesture with a handshake. "Hive, last name doesnt matter, we dont need those anymore."
they exchanged a laugh. "Ya basically, I dont know if my family is even alive."
He sighed." I know same here, my family is back home."
"Wheres that?"
"Australia" He pointed. "Couldnt tell huh? were you waiting for me to say mate or something?"
She shook her head. "I had a hunch, just curious why your here and not home. did you move here before this all happened?"
he took a bite and swallowed before answering. "Sorta. I was called on duty out here. I have work and this all happened and I could not get back home."
Tammy had her attention on him. She did not see him as a threat. She was having trust problems none the less. But she saved his life. so he definitely did not have to do so. But he was right. no point hurting her when people already are scarce. She figured she would just assume this guy is genuine considering all the circumstances.
"that's rough.....what happened?" She managed to say.

he sighed once more and begun telling the story about how he was out in the states for business in the special forces. "i was in the Australian specops, the US wanted to work with us on a partnership in case a natural disaster happened. They weren't talking about a natural disaster. They were prepping for a plague. I believe that this was man made. I believe this was a setup from my superiors to see if we could prep in time. that obviously didnt work out."
Tammy got the chills. "you mean they knew this was gonna happen?"
he nodded. "I dont know for sure but i had a hunch. Australia was going to serve as a fleeing area for all ships and a safe harbor for the elite. It was something they had access to the knowledge for." Tammy then stood up and begun assessing herself for bites. she had a close run in today. "so you got trapped her in the midst of it?" SHe said.
He nodded again. "never got to say goodbye to my family. " He shed a tear. quickly to scrub it away. She noticed a scar across his cheek. deep too. his thick beard covered alot of it.
"Sorry let me ask you. Where you from?"
she exchanged conversation with him for the next couple hours. They shared a few laughs, told their stories and actually relieved Tammy to know theres other people out there that are not insane or anything. That was her biggest fear was running into others. This guy helped mend that. Hive was honest it seemed. just missed his son Hunter. He went with an h to match his name and his wife Heather. He kept a photo of her and him in his wallet.

The night went on and eventually the undead seemed to leave their area and migrate back outside.

----

Mean while in the midst of the convoy, they were being watched. When they were driving they were being followed. in the middle of the desert they had eyes on them. Waiting. the night was deep. Tammy had known they would have to stop and fill up the tanks. The vehicles did not have enough fuel to get there without a fill. Luckily they had gas stored in the rigs just for that.
stonecoldlife stonecoldlife Twenty below Twenty below FiSHY_Boi_0149 FiSHY_Boi_0149 Grognard Grognard

"We need to refuel," Lawrence came on the radio. "Pull over here." On the side of the road there was an abandoned convenience store. The convoy pulled over and the fuel truck pulled up so they could refuel. Lawrence and jean got out to scope out the area. The store was definitely abandoned and ransacked. No undead no life. After checking out the store Lawrence walked to the edge of the road and looked around. Nothing was around but something seemed off. The air was too still.

Just then he heard a blast echo through the air and instinctively ducked down. He looked around "what was that?" He looked back and the man pumping the fuel from the fuel truck was dead. "What?" Lawrance couldn't comprehend what just happened. Another blast. Another member of the convoy collapsed dead. That's when it dawned on him. "Sniper!" Lawrence yelled as he took cover behind the jeep. He couldnt see them but someone out in the desert was shooting at them

Doc moved to grab some cover.

"I need direction and distance, people"
Doc yelled out as he ducked behind the vehicle, hoping not to get a hit on him. Team members were falling left and right.
"Anyone see anything?". Doc slid on the ground and continued to pump fuel for his vehicle while undercover. "Can anyone see if anyone hit is still moving?"

"The shot came from south-east!"Sasaki yelled as he crawled out the jeep while holding tightly to his shield.He then carefully made his way to the closet victim he could see.When he arrived he crouched down to find a pulse.

"No vitals - dammit!"he cursed as he rushed over to the next one.The second victim luckily had a faint pulse so he immdiately called the doctor over.Sasaki then did his best to drag the half-dead body into the abandoned Convience Store for cover while the shooter was pre-occupied with the others.

Doc used debris and cover to make his way over to the hit person. Doc's low crawl was not flawless but effective as he kept his head down. "Anyone got smoke to screen?". Taking his medic kit from his shoulder as he snaked his way into the store. Doc made his way at a crouch once inside the shore. making sure that he didn't expose himself as a target with the window or doors.

Once he got to the patient, the Doc started both his primary and secondary assessment of his new patient. look for the entrance wound, then the exit wound, both were seen and looked clean, he placed a thin layer of saran wrap on both sides of the wounds. The occlusive dressing with vasoline would assist in making a good seal. The Guagzed bandage would help stop the bleeding as well. Using the knot tied on top helped with the bleeding as direct pressure. " Breath normal and just wait till we can move you, I'll try to get you some pain meds in a second." The chest was exposed and Doc left the are open, jus tin case he needed to go back in.

Last edited:
Marv winced from the pain of being shot. He was shot good he saw stars and kept fading in and out of consciousness. As Doc tried to help by putting on Gauze he signaled. "Please dont let me die." He shuddered his breath faint. He was told by doc there would be pain meds. He knew that was a lie. The medkit had em but a wound like this he didnt feel hopeful on. The shots continued. slowly. Definitely sniper fire.

Tammy hid behind a solid concrete structure that might have been a sign at one point. She didnt bother. She yelled out. "We need eyes on the sniper. If they hit a vehicles vitals we are done for."
She signaled to have the jeep put behind any type of cover while their driver did just so. "He got out of the car after tucking it as best he could behind a broken semi without the trailer attached. The firing continued.

She radioed "lawrence, any eyes on the shooter? They are going to pin us like sitting ducks. We need eyes!" Tammy weas scared. she wasnt ready for spomething like this to come up. Usually they had to deal with ambushs from road traps. A sniper......why would someone rely on that type of attack? Shooting was hard enough, they prbably had a hunting rifle of sorts so ammo was abundant. If they were low they wouldnt risk the shots on randoms like them. They had to want what they had. Or they were just trying to survive. Either way the shooter was a good shot to hit Marv. She remembered Marv from the day he arrived. He was shot then too. Oh the irony, not a good spot for him to be out here now. She pulled out her binoculars from the car that she took with her. They were the best chance at locating the target.
"Fucking Lawrence, do you have any god damn idea where these rounds are coming from?!"

(I will god mod stonecoldlife stonecoldlife until he returns. or if he returns. i wont kill him just limp him along in the story so we can stay moving. I am sorry about the lack of posting. now we are back on pace we can keep up the speed. FiSHY_Boi_0149 FiSHY_Boi_0149 Twenty below Twenty below Grognard Grognard )

Lawrence managed to get inside the store with the other and got the binoculars from Sasaki. "I see him," Lawrence shouted. "Military hummer out in the desert. The guy is on the other side using the hood to hold the gun. Looks like an MK 13. The yellows must have tracked us some how but it looks like its just the one. Their might be more hiding somewhere. How did they find us? Unless they were just waiting for us to leave the city walls." Lawrence paused. "hold on... I see a lot of dust on the left." Lawrence was dumbfounded. "Is that a Shelby GT 350?"

Doc figured that the sniper was just a lucky shot seeing that both tammy and the LT using binoculars. Snipers loved in WW2 when officers would use them, the glint of the optic would always reveal the sniper's next target. Doc used 20mg in 1ml suspension and administered to his patient, this would stabilize the labored breathing and make him sleep in about 20 minutes, Unless the occult dressing didn't take that the only other worry was tension pneumothorax.

Sliding doc's sling bag out of the vehicle, he was able to gain access to his rifle the SCAR-H. With a quick change from the standard 16-inch barrel to the 20 inch, He attached a flash and noise suppressor with two quick twisted and snapped off the handguards and it was then ready to fire. Doc made his way under the Kenworth semi with the flat tires, Doc knew that the frame and engine would provide excellent cover and a good platform to return fire from. Doc rolled under the frame and deployed his bi-pod and checked his scope. Within the darkness of the semi's frame it provided more than just a good shooting platform, it gave Doc the advantage of either suppressive fire or hopefully a good shot without exposing himself to even more danger.

The sniper had chosen to use the hood of the Humvee which didn't provide much if any shielding, like most government things, it was made by the lowest bidder. These hoods were made of fiberglass so Doc knew that he could simply shoot through it, the problem was, Doc wouldn't see his target other than just a portion of the hood but he was ready to lay down suppressive fire if the sniper took anymore shots.

Sasaki stayed put as he held patient in his arms. He tried his best to look away from the wound but his eyes wondered over from time to time.This gave him a sick feeling in his stomach and it got worse when the doctor left. He had no idea what to do nor what to think during a shoot in broad daylight. Had they forgotten what's out there, he thought. Have they gone mad?
As he pondered this he heard something in the far corner of the store. A can then rolled down the aisle next him.He quickly froze solid,keeping his breathing short and still.Something else was here.

Tammy saw a flash and a bullet wizzed passed her ear frightening her back into hiding as she clenched the binoculars. 'How the fuck did they know she was there?' Tammy thought as she stayed under the cover. In the moonlight it was probably easy to see but she was pretty sure her hiding spot was safe to peep. She recalled Doc setting up some stuff on his weapon. She didn't bother. The guy had his hands full. She needed to focus on getting the group out of there. "Lawrence, we need a plan to get the fuck out of here. We dont know how many there are or will be!"

Tammy begun to think. Rob had the driving skills. if they made a break for it they may be shot and get vehicle damage. Once that sun rises being stuck in the middle of the desert is a huge problem. Best "I hope you can get a good shot of him Doc!"

Grognard Grognard FiSHY_Boi_0149 FiSHY_Boi_0149 Twenty below Twenty below

The car sped past the soilder and soon after the solider was dead. "What just happened?" Lawrence questioned. "The soldier is down the person in the shelby killed him. We should leave while we have the chance. I dont know who they are but let's not stick around to find out."

Tammy wirled around and made her way to Lawrence about 15 paces away when the call was made. " I agree. Rob is checking the vehicles to see if they are ok. Is there any fluid leaking from them you guys?" Tammy made her way up to the jeep and checked with rob. He confirmed the jeep was intact. The other vehicles was another question. Whoever was shooting at them wanted them dead and the vehicles intact. Otherwise they would have shot the rigs. "I got a feeling they want the vehicles mostly. I cant blame them. Doc I am going to recommend keeping a sharp eye out for anyone else. your the only one with long range skill sets here so we need that eye of yours." That was one thing Tammy couldn't do. she had a decent aim, but considering she never really had the opportunity to practice long range considering the price on the casings in the new world.

She begun to assess Marv. Direct hit to the chest. Marv was still conscious. But just barely. "P-p-please.....help." He begged her. She brushed her hair from her face. he was in a pool of blood. his clothes stained and her boots soaking at the bottom in the blood he was losing.
'its to much blood hes lost.' she thought. Marv was pale. he wasn't going to make it. she stood up. made her way to Lawrence and Sasaki and pulled them aside. "Doc cant fix this. I think the sniper hit a vital point considering the blood Marv has already lost." Another gunmen was applying pressure to the wound to help while they figured their shit out. "We could administer a quick fix but even if we stitch him up and manage to stop the bleeding here we are sitting ducks and we cant travel with Marv in this condition. Hes barely alive as it is." Tammy gave a glare over to Rob who was keeping sharp eye out with a gunman. While they were also looking around the picked over gas station.

Tammy begun to realize they were still 2 hours away from vegas. if they picked up the pace they could get there in an hour and a half. but the high speed would burn more fuel. they had to play their cards right. They werent close enough to home to go back either.

"Lawrence...I wont be able to get those files if we die before we make it there. Sasaki... I dont mean to be this person...but unless we have a miracle happen...." She didnt bother to finish the sentence.

FiSHY_Boi_0149 FiSHY_Boi_0149 stonecoldlife stonecoldlife Twenty below Twenty below Grognard Grognard (remember your NPCs please. lol It helps flesh us as a group out. after this scene i will timeskip us to vegas so we can get some headway in the plot and keep things fresh and exciting )

To Doc it looked that Tammy was having difficulty with her patient, doc was willing to surrender his weapon to anyone that was willing to shoot so that he could pull his medical kit over to tammy and the downed soldier.

making his way over to them both and handing off the rifle to tammy ( if she is willing to take it). " I'll take over, if that is okay with you". doc smiled, he was calm, cool and collected. Like he has done this many time before... and he has.

Doc pulled out several "hemo" stats to stop the profuse bleeding of the soldier, " hold still... let me do all the heavy lift and you rest for a bit" doc smiled to the solider.

It was like the wound training back in Ft. Sam Houston, when his was back in the army. Doc checked for entry and exit wound, founding both he rolled his patient and used a "field" expedient method ( vasoline with saran wrap), then covered the wound with a field dressing and tied the knots on top on the wound for more pressure. See his patient with discomfort, Doc knew that he would need more time and a place like Las vegas to get this man into surgery, but hopefully. not here... He was bleeding internally and they had to move onward.

" If the blood builds up, stick a needle into the chest cavity and tell him to take a deep breath, that will squeeze out the blood that is filling into that lung chamber, got it?" doc explains to tammy so that she could resume taking care of the patient as doc would take back his rifle and watch out form more trouble... if it came.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back