• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Yellow (zombie survival rp open))

Rob was a little upset that Jean called Ethan his boyfriend, but liked the plan "Hes not my boyfriend, and sure thats a good plan" Rob didnt think he was taking it seriously enough "Tell me this though, are you here, alve, right now because of someone down there?" he said "Thats Ethan, he saved my life at the begining of this and it is my turn to return the favor" he added.

Lawrence noticed that rob and jean went missing and he went to find them. It didn't take him long, "I don't think that's a good idea," he said overhearing the conversation as he walked in. "I know these rebels are very forceful but I think they just don't know if they can trust us yet or not. I mean we were all unknowingly working for talenstar just yesterday. As long as we hold up our end of the bargen ethan should be fine." "I hope," he said under his breath. "Come on let's go back so we can get this over with and hopefully be able to move on with our lives."

Once everyone got back to the room Tammy glared at the 2 who walked out on her. She did not say anything. Despite wanting to tear them apart. But she had other worries on her mind. The only thing she wanted was to get Howard back. Tammy sighed rather and gazed at her map in her hands. "Ok....now we can begin..."

Tammy pulled out the map lying it on the table so everyone could see. She had a route colored with a red line in the LA region. she pointed. "This is where we are.... Behind the walls, everything seems fine. People often forgetting of the way the world is now with comfort finally apart of them again. Dr. Howard and I shared information about a year ago when the world went dark." She licked her lips, "During this time the virus was currently progressing during a time we did not quite become aware of what was happening. He took an emergency flight out to visit me here while I was in school."

"he needed to meet with me to tell me information, which at the time I did not know what to do with, files containing a powerful virus. Sparing the details of our talk he told me that they were the only copy of his work. He came to me to give me a letter." Tammy opened the note he gave year that was in her pocket yielding a series of numbers, then underneath is another series of numbers only 4 digits though. "These are the coordinates he came to give, he could not send it digitally for he could easily be traced. To keep it under wraps he took the liberty to hide the files from his organization.Of course he was in trouble. Now when we parted ways after the 2 days passed he told me "these files are going to save mankind." I had no fucking idea what that meant..."

"Time has passed. I thought he was safe as he promised me he would find way to contact me. I took it as a goodbye." Tammy then pointed to the X on the map. "This is our destination." She pointed onto the map firmly. Las Vegas, Nevada. " Here, we will find those files. I googled the coordinates last year and took a quick look. It was large facility further from the epicenter of the city. Not sure what. I guess thats to come." She paused.

"Now the fact you want to go and get these is not the problem. The only problem is," Tammy then pulled out a recording using some of the generator power to display the recording on the audio player."

" Come in this is LV Division, does anyone copy, we are experiencing an unknown series of bombings, Does anyone copy? LV Division is currently under siege from jets, I dont know where they came from or how they got here, They are currently dropping heavy firepower explosives above. Come in! Hello does anyone copy? "An explosion in the distance became louder before ending the transmission.

Tammy stood in silence as everyone stared at her in dismay and a couple other confused faces. "Now this was the last call the LV Division sent out to us on the communications before they went dark. We...of course talked about going to see.... But we never heard from them again and if the rumor was true it could very well have been a mass bombing. I waited for us to meet the same fate but it never came. Now.....IF the city was truly destroyed. We do not know the status of the building on the coordinates. I do not know where in correlation to the LV division is, and I do not know how many undead are still around. So its better to over prepare. If we go in a small group, we will be easy targets. If we go in a large group we can be targeted on the road and in the sin city. so what we need to get there hopefully in one piece is set up a small triad convoy, 3 vehicles, with our drivers. We will leave at night. Hopefully get there by dawn. If the highways are tied up with traffic, We take the detour. vehicles will need to be able to take a beating so we will bring 3 4x4 armored rigs. We will have a full loadout for safety of course in addition to someone good with a long shot. If the building still stands we then have much more to assess before entering. But that wont matter until we know what is there..."

(feel free to ask questions, if someone may ask how tammy knows howard so well i would apreciate that. )

Lawrence chimed in. "In the beginning the plan was to evacuate towns and city's to the nearest fortified city. Once the area was evacuated jets would come in and "cleanse" the area of undead. That's what was supposed to happen to bloomsbury but our evac never landed and so the jets couldnt complete their run. I imagine that's what happened to Las Vegas. It was not selected to be fortified so it would have to get bombed but why did the jets still bomb the city with the lv division inside I wonder. Also if this dr. Howard is a talenstar scientist how do you know him? And furthermore how can we trust him... or you tammy?

Jean, aswell as Sasaki, just got thebare minimum of Tammy's info there heads.They both didn't quite want to listen to all the details about it , but they did so for very different reasons.Sasaki's mind went blank after Tammy played the recording.He felt a hole in his stomach after hearing it.He knew humanity had gone mad but didn't realise how they'd turn on each other like this.

Jean on the other hand just didn't care.She didn't like her plan at all.She ignored half of here explanation and summed it all up as "Die by gen*cide or die by running away"She was also especially skeptical when Tammy mentioned her and the Dr.Howard being "buddies" before the apocolapse.There was just something that ticked her off.Something that she wasn't telling them.

Jean's attentention was suddenly brought back to the table when Lawrence questioned her motives as if he read her mind.As she stared at her , she smiled lazily , waiting for her response.

Tammy folded the map and heard the question from Lawrence, She nodded in response to the question. She proceeded to open her mouth but no words came out...

After a moment of mixed emotions Tammy finally spoke, "Ross.....Howard, and I went to school together, long beach university... we were together for a couple years and he graduated before me, then went off to work for a "biotech company" as he told me. So.....Trust is not the issue. because I want Ross back regardless." She sighed, "Trusting me wont solve anything because I want him back just as much as you want the files."

Tammy proceeded to explain the loadout. "We have a loadout locker upstairs. We use it for equipping people before going out. select whatever i necessary and we will be leaving tonight. at 1800."

Tammy led them to the locker. It was an office building but the door was heavily bolted and locked up. requiring several keys for entry. they openned the locker. "OK have at it."

(mission briefing is over. during this time you can write whatever fillers of info you would like. select your weapons in your next post. pictures make it fun to. even some fun jokes or whatever. ask character questions anything, this is a free for all for your next post so make it count. After your next postings due to me holding up the RP we will have all the writers timeskip to 1800 at the convoy vehicles. twenty will be the shot caller and i will simply be leading the missions plotline with twenty. )

FiSHY_Boi_0149 FiSHY_Boi_0149 Twenty below Twenty below stonecoldlife stonecoldlife

Lawrence went with what he knew best. The la bar and a23201d73c8545098bb9a4efedcbe108.jpgPEO_M4_Carbine_RAS_M68_CCO.jpg

"Let's just get this over with."

The door swung open and a rebel came in with someone new. "Heres a gift from lona." He said. "His name is.... I don't remember what his name is but he's a medic or something just take him with you." The rebel pushed the new guy into the room and left Grognard Grognard

(Ps I have a ka bar irl and tried to find a picture that looks most like it. This one comes close except mine has the serrated edge on top)

The newcomer looks around the room in silence and just stands. "I'm Carter, the medic"

Twenty below Twenty below - no worries, I'm very familiar with it. Yes the USMC ka-bar was that on top and the notch that is in your blade is to be used with your m16a1/2 to cut wire. note in your attached photo at the base of the barrel and after the handguards, you will see where it fits in.

Last edited:
The newcomer looks around the room in silence and just stands. "I'm Carter, the medic"

Twenty below Twenty below - no worries, I'm very familiar with it. Yes the USMC ka-bar was that on top and the notch that is in your blade is to be used with your m16a1/2 to cut wire. note in your attached photo at the base of the barrel and after the handguards, you will see where it fits in.
You know your stuff. I also have a Bowie knife... its name is David....

Rob went into the locker with everyone, he just kind of sat there pissed off. He looked around him and he knew that all he was to them was a driver, they didn't care about what he had been through, they truly didn't care about the people who were killed from golden living. He knew that he was pretty much back to where he was, expendable, which wouldn't cut it if he was to try and find his family, he needed Ethan to be safe. But these pieces of shit didn't care, from what he felt they didn't care about anyone but themselves, so if he was to get Ethan out A.S.A.P he would need to find a way to scare them into thinking that they are gonna take them next. He knew Ethan's strengths but they refused to see it, Rob owed Ethan his life, a debt he planned on paying, and no one, not Tammy, Not Lawrence, not Jean, Nor Sasaki, would stand in his way of finding his wife, kids, and friend Ethan. Rob stood up stealing a knife from someones bag, but he didn't really pay attention to who because if they didn't care about him he wouldn't care about them. He adjusted the Red Sox cap on his head as he thought about where his wife was, the fact is he truly didn't know. He hunched over a bit and put his face in his hands so no one would see his face and just thought about life. He could do that for as long as he wanted, they were riding in his truck, and that truck leaves when he wants it to, if they treat him as expendable, he will feel the same way about their time. Rob wanted respect, he had earned it but wasn't given it, he was the one who stood up to the guy doing these awful things first, not these people who he felt that they thought they were entitled to be called heroes, well they aren't, they are cowards hiding behind innocent lives that had been lost. Rob knew he was the only one who could say he tried.
Twenty below Twenty below tammynorthland tammynorthland @FiSHY_Boi_0419

Last edited:
Sisaki looked around but didn't really see anything that interested him, although he didn't see anything that interested him."Oh for crying out load!"Jean growned as she strode in."Just pick something already!We're ganna move out soon."
"Just wait I'll be there in a-."he started crouched down to pick something up.
Sasaki then pulled out bulky sniper rifle and aimed it at Jean."Wait to think?Cool ,right?"he gestured as he lowered the gun.Jean signed just signed in annoyance and took the gun away from him."Not quite what you'd need."she answered as she put the gun back the shelf.Jean then started sorting weapons in two piles.One for her and pne for Sasaki.

Sasaki's pile had:
- 1 pair of Blackhawk S.O.L.A.G. HD Kevlar Gloves
Blackhawk-SOLAG-HD-Kevlar-Gloves.jpg
-1 pair of Vanguard Endeavor ED Binoculars
Vanguard-Endeavor-ED-Binocular.jpg
-1 cold-steel baseball bat
baseballträ-brooklyn-crusher.jpg
-1 Heckler & Koch P2000 Pistol
HK-P2000-Pistol.jpg
-1 beginners survival backpack (obviously)
ec2c6a15de61f88fc1d163d4dc63fb51.jpg
-1 military tactical anti-riot shield
Hfbe98ee5531d4a96aee7fa6f947247c3G.jpg

Jean's pile had:
-1 Polaroid Square Full Touch Active Smart Watch
6005519116772-1-pdpxl.jpg
-1 LED Fenix Flashlight

Fenix-PD32-LED-Flashlight-1200x800.jpg
-1 Mossberg shotgun
Mossberg-500-Tactical.jpg
-1 beginners survival backpack
51-SoqtfLbL.jpg
-1 Multi-tool knife (no need for pic)
-1 lighter (no need for pic)

When she finished adding everything to the their piles, the two quickly packed there items into the bags and made there way out building.

(okay this may sound like an overpowered list for two characters but Ms.Tammy could always confiscate most of these items if so desired because I would understand.O tried my best to shortend the list and btw I left out the med kits for the medic ( for obvious reasons) so there is all the stuff my characters need and I am again for adding too much things and again you can take them away.Oh and one last thing is that I suggest maybe one of you can have a Thermal-Eye X-50 Thermal Imaging Camera.Just for seeing in thermal and I am putting it in the basket for anyone that wants it.)

(I will make it so our locker has the thermal goggles. I will grab some FiSHY_Boi_0149 FiSHY_Boi_0149 )

Tammy watched as the group looked around the locker room. here they had everything from military gear, riot gear, to bats and bludgeons. Alot of Firearms were stored in drawers as well. Tammy had made her way into the room. She passed by rob and noticed he was in the way of the drawer she was accessing. "sorry man need you to move if you dont mind." Her tone was soft. No purpose in riling the guy up. He had been through alot. She knew he had driving skills they would need. She helped him with many scouting and transport routes in the passed. Once he moved she opened the drawer and pulled out the firearm assembling the break away stock and sight on top, She adjusted it inside the room and attached the pieces.

Kriss-Vector-45-SBR-2.jpg

She selected her go to. Kriss vector hybrid combat setup. She used her size to her advantage, Tammy was in great shape, her body always was something she took seriously. She could not stand lugging around a full sized rifle though. She prefferred a shorter range weapon with high accuracy and options. the folding stock and light SMG was just what she needed. She proceeded to load up a bandolier of rounds she kept in the same drawer. Usually she preffered this option. Tammy then turned back to Rob. "Thanks man. I am going to grab your vehicle next with command and they will help load it up so you dont have too." She stated. she walked passed him patting him on the back. Tammy already had her thigh holstered pistol. Standard glock 9mm with extended magazine would be useful. She took the loaded clip out and begun re purposing it into a higher capacity magazine. 19 rounds would be more useful. After oiling the gun real quick since it was her personal weapon she kept on her she then moved on.
front-line-Tactical-thigh-rig-police-holster-level-3-glock-26-27-28-left-hand-1000x1000.jpg

Tammy then opted for a kevlar jacket followed by thermal goggles to keep in the vehicle. She would be stupid to not bring it. Seeing in the dark can save your life in an ambush from marauders. That was what she was truly worried about.

She proceeded to watch as the others locked up weapons of their choice, they would need them so she was glad to see everyone was on board with playing it smart.

-----

Day 30: Since the world went dark

Tammy had been alone for a month now. She had become used to the silence. She begun to branch further away from her home she had turned into a fortress. barricades, barb wire now. It was alot of work but all she had was time.

Tammy roamed the street on a bicycle to keep the noise down. She knew it would be better than on foot too. She spent time blocking roadways and creating places that she could hide like a safehouse if any undead were to start storming the streets. She turned the corner and heard groaning. She stopped.... and listened. It was close. more than one to be sure. sounded like at least 5. Tammy road around quieter to see if she could locate them without being spotted. she followed the noise.

The noise led to a barred door. locked up some time ago it seemed. She had no windows to look into. she opted to leave the horde alone. best not to let them out and it seems they are stuck. She went back to her bike, then heard more groaning.

She spun around. the alley she exited revealed a small horde of the corpses walking around an unblocked part of the street, "Shit" She stated. She saw they were about 30 deep. Largest horde she ever came in contact with. Tammy got on her bike to make a break for it. There was no way she could fight them all.

Tammy begun to circle around the block and turned the corner. This time there were another 30 or so making their way down that road too. 'Must be a horde moving through town,' This wasnt the first time either. usually she can get away in time. Tammy was surrounded within seconds as they started taking up the main street she was on. She panicked and ran down the other street dropping her bike as she had to hop the barricade she made just for this. To give her previous seconds. Tammy was over 5 miles from home. The area she had not been able to work on much as she rarely went to the area. This was bad, She made her way down the block to try and find her markings she made for the safehouse she set up. She couldnt remember which street it was on though. She turned the corner to reveal her safehouse markings.....and undead directly in the arrows path she made. "Fuck." She drew her bat and begun trying to hack down the nearest ones. One swing with a CRACK. left a corpse flopping to her feet. She made another swing 'crack' another fell and a corpse tripped over the fallen body. It made its way on top of her and tackled her in the midst. She screamed holding the body away from her. It could not bite her no matter what. She did a kick to the things rib, giving her a second to push the body and quickly got up. By then 6 more were close to striking distance, she doubled back. Another groan moaned behind her. 'they caught up?!' she thought pulling her pistol out and shooting the 3 nearest ghouls. She used the precious time to back up to the walls of the buildings the streets ran though like veins. She needed to get distance now. She fired off 3 more shots. Her ammo loud banging through the streets.

Tammy used her bat the bash the stores window in. and sprinted inside. She saw the building was empty. barricaded windows with store furniture of the botique shop. she backed away from the barricades to the wall. the bodies slowly making their way over the furniture. pushing and trying to heave their bodies over it. She turned the door handle. Nothing. it was locked she stood up and tried to find an exit. she was backed into a corner. and the undead were making their way passed the barricade of low furniture and sofas. a table plumetted over from the force of the goons and they begun to enter. She fired more shots into the bodies. Dropping them one by one as they kept coming. She panicked and rose to her feet. She would die standing.

Slowly as each one approached she twacked and gave a front kick to gain some distance from any still moving. She slapped another watching its skull slam into a glass vase shards penetrating the rotten skin.

Tammy was running out of energy. A ghoul got to close for comfort and she was able to shove it away and slap the bat across the temple of the head.

A corpse was within reaching distance. She backed up to the wall no where else to go as she watched it go for a bite.

She went to grab its neck to stop the bite, dropping her bat, there was no way out. She was going to be swarmed within the next moments. Eaten alive...

a shot echoed through the building and the body fell in front of her. followed by repeated gun shots and thumping bodies. she stood up in fear. "What..." the door was openned. A gun barrel poking out flashing as each shot echoed the building. the bodies begun to fall as she felt the mercy of God upon her. 'who is that?' she grabbed her bat. A man with a full beard and assult rifle peered and made eye contact with her. His face had a scar on the cheek where the beard hid some of it. He grabbed her hand.

"You following me or what?" He proclaimed.

She did exactly that.

--------

(anyone can post something of their in between now to the rendevous point. if they wanna do a flashback or monologue. or anything. just make sure your post has you showing up to the meetup. we will begin the mission)
Time: 1755

Tammy grabbed the rest of her gear from her quarters. Her mind racing all day. The rendezvous point was loaded and ready to go. Tammy had the logistics and equipment team gather the vehicles needed for the trek. She was first met with one of their newer recruits Marv. He was about 30, short brown hair, decent build with about 6 foot of height on him.

She smiled. "Glad to see your here. This is your 4th journey outside the walls right?" She asked giving him a handshake. He nodded. "6th but close enough. We helped gather the vehicles. We figured extra fuel would be smart and I stocked a rig with extra tools. Marv was a mechanic. Very useful with a gun to. More your typical redneck kind of blue collar worker you could tell.

She saw as some of the group begun to arrive. AH just on target She watched as the team begun to assemble. She glanced at Rob and signalled for his attention. "Rob come here." She made her way up to him. "Hey so just an FYI, your vehicle was left out of the convoy. Marv and I figured it would be smarter to grab something more expendable. Your vehicle is not something we would be willing to lose. So we assigned you, me, and Sasaki ( FiSHY_Boi_0149 FiSHY_Boi_0149 ) to your vehicle, which will be that one over there."

Tammy pointed to the first vehicle.

red-two-door-xj.jpg

:we needed a 4 wheel drive and your truck is just not something we want to gamble losing. I hope thats ok." She noted( stonecoldlife stonecoldlife )
(3 seater)
six-pack-ram-2.jpg

Tammy then pointed to the final vehicle, "you guys can saddle up with whoever."
CR-Cars-InlineHero-2019-Jeep-Cherokee-beach-10-18.jpg
The third vehicle had barred windows on the sides for the undead. This would be useful as it would be the lead vehicle as well.

Tammy walked up to lawrence, "So I hope you know there is a group on these roads we will be passing, a group of road pirates. marauders if you will. Make sure your good shooters are all passenger, I will ride shotgun for backup and to help lead. " She handed Lawrence a walkie. "Keep in contact. if we are separated, we stop period. we meet at the earliest point of separation." If there is an emergency we need to be able to meet back up. Cool?" She noted. ( Twenty below Twenty below ) "You should take the lead vehicle in my opinion as well. Vegas is not to hard to get too." She chuckled.

She fired a glance at Carter ( Grognard Grognard ) He was in the briefing but only toward the end. She begun to catch him up to speed real quick along with anyone who had questions, or concerns. "You have field training so you will be in the back. Medical experience needs to be the safest in case one of us is injured." She handed him the third radio. "What ever vehicle you take make sure you keep this on you. You know the rules. no one separates. no one left behind."

stonecoldlife stonecoldlife FiSHY_Boi_0149 FiSHY_Boi_0149 Twenty below Twenty below

(everyone can mix and mingle however, as you can see i posted to create open convorsation. we are beggining)

Lawrence gathered his team for the journey. For being a lieutenant this came pretty naturally to him. "Ok jean and I will take lead vehicle. Doc Grognard Grognard I don't know how you are with a gun but you have medical skills so we cant afford you to get hurt. We will need you for quick patch ups. You will ride in the back of the second car and keep an eye on inventory. Make sure we have plenty of bullets, bandages and water. We also have the German girl. She took us to the apartment thsy first day. She was a solider but was really a rebel. Sasaki knows her better then I do." "What about the girl we met at Washington?"jean asks. "She ran off when things started going sideways. She's either dead or long gone by now." "Probably for the best. A child doesn't need to be involved in this."

"Alright LT" Carter commented to him as he looked over the vehicles and tried to figure out where and whats for now. Being absorbed into the rebels as they called themselves was an interesting group. It only took less than 30 days to break over 275 years of army discipline. Carter wasn't sure about anybody but himself for now, he had no plans to hurt anyone alive nor the group, he just wanted to survive like the rest of the world. The walls didn't do anything and Carter always thought it was a waste of time, manpower, and such. Carter's eye fell upon the vehicles... Gas burning things, passing through the desert wasn't going to be easy. Carter could remember then things were normal that the I-15 commonly stopped and go traffic that came from Las Vegas. The small surrounding towns would be skirted around then, probably because of the looters, raiders, and ex meth heads still living from the top of the Cajon pass to Zzyzx road that leads into the valley just before the state line.

Too bad they didn't have planes that would make in less than 2 hour flight time but that is life. Cater's biggest worry was the raiders and them simply shooting the tires or the engine. It was the living that worried him not the dead. The dead didn't fuck each other like the living so he was wary of these vehicles. He didn't want to be out on the desert with no enough water, fuel, or air conditioning. It would be only a 5-hour drive but with thing as they are now, that surely has changed. All the vehicles tires looked lower so cater was trying to figure out if it was the extra strain of armor for the raiders bullets or all the extra equipment and smelly fuel that was to be carried, but he thought it was best not to ask too many questions to arouse suspicion of any sort. Carter listened and mostly nodded to the woman called tammy with enough already on her plate since the LT took the lead, he guesses that should be easy and no contact from any threats since he was willing to be upfront. The yellow dodge power wagon was an okay choice but how many were going to be in it and who was the driver and did he have to be the shooter?.

Carter threw his new medical gear bag in the passenger seat and placed his rifle on the seat, he looked to find most of the supplies in the bed of the vehicle, another problem for him to worry about. What ifs... what if the vehicle gets flipped, mechanical problem, or the supplies are grabbed by these land pirates. The black netting would hold the cargo but still, Carter would rather they picked a van or something else. "don't be paranoid, this will be a cakewalk, easy peasy" he talked to himself in a whisper. Carter moved a few things around, mostly water and two metal cans of m2a1 ammo (5.56mm) so that his SCAR-L was supported, the rebels had most specialized weapons then he has seen in a long time, which was good for him. Allowing him a choice of weapons was nicer than sticking with the standard battle rifle, these weapons had lots of bells and whistles. Pyrotechnics, frag and smoke grenades for the 40mm range still in their can was also very nice. Carter soaked his 2-quart bladders so that he would have cold water to drink along the trip, room temp flat tap water sucks when its water in the desert. The Rucksack that was given to him fit nicely but would take away his legroom but if he had to dismount he was good. Satisfied for the present, Carter rechecked to make sure that the water was present as well as medical supplies if needs and the water, which was a lot fo weight for all these people. After satisfied with all that he could ready he grabbed a few MREs, broke them down nd placed them in the sides of his rucksack and in the top flap for easy access.

This was a motley crew to say the least but Carter was alive for yet another day and any day six feet above the ground was still a good day. Carter just hoped the pirates weren't armed with .50 gun trucks.

Rob looked at his car and was impressed "Looks good" he said adjusting his Red Sox hat and opened the drivers side door "Jesus this looks expensive" he mumbled getting in. He sat down in the seat and gripped the steering wheel "Thats nice" he said smiling. Rob Leaned the seat back and closed the door and closed his eyes waiting for when he had to leave , might as-well get a little nap in.

Sasaki jogged over to the vehicle Tammy had allocated and immidately climbed in the back.As he did this, he noticed the sun beggining to plummet into the far out distance of LA.

It will be dark soon,he thought.
Because of this, Sasaki wanted to get on the road as soon as possible.He knew that they didn't have any time to waste.Even though the night was dangerous, staying was not an option.The faster the better, he thought to himself as he closed up, waiting for Tammy's signal.

(Sasaki is sitting in the back btw)

(got it fishy)

Tammy rounded everyone up as they separated into their vehicles. the truck was vital for storage space. being s 2 door was not fun for 3 people sitting benchseat. But it had 2 spare tire mounts which was why she opted for it. She still had not told everyone...

She didn't need to. they were going to go regardless. the 4 wheel would be mandatory...
She brushed her hair with her hand and got into the passenger seat with Rob driving, and Sasaki in the back.

"READY WHENEVER EVERYONE IS!" she radioed into the 2 way. The jeep started its engine from Rob, " We added the bumper in case you need it." She said nervously to Rob while giving a look back to Sasaki and proceeded to wink hoping he would get the hint, "If you need my seat pushed forward let me know." She proceeded to say to Sasaki.

Once everyone proceeded to give the green light the vehicles begun to roll out of the walls.
They begun to make their way out of the neighborhood, the boarded a freeway bypass and doubled back due to road hazards that were never repairable and made it to the east bound. As they drove toward the 15 north east bound the LA city begun to roll off in the distance. further and further she had left the safety of the city, she was doing this for Ross... She would do anything for him. She brushed away a quick tear looking away from everyone so they would not see and the city vanished.
ce03wMJPAUXA.jpg

---

The group hit the 15 freeway about an hour ago. the night was now upon them. She knew they would be safer travelling at night, Earlier Tammy had everyone pull over to turn off their lights. Once they got further out they did not want to have any headlights shining in the middle of the desert, The full moon provided by the heavens and all the stars helped light up the night sky just fine,
Tammy had been awake. She would not have been able to sleep anyway. Her anxiety held in her gut. She needed to get back as fast as possible. This was something she assumed would not be easy. She secretly hoped she was wrong.

"COME IN, EVERYONE GOOD, GETTING COMFY? WE ARE ABOUT 3 HOURS AWAY FROM HOUR DESTINATION." She radioed to the other vehicles.
She Kept her eyes on the scenery. First time seeing the desert in a while, just passing through with the desert floor lit up was so surreal. As if the world has never stopped. Only humans were eradicated from the picture. Life seemed to do just fine still.

FiSHY_Boi_0149 FiSHY_Boi_0149 stonecoldlife stonecoldlife Grognard Grognard Twenty below Twenty below

Lawrence didn't like leaving. Not now, not anymore. Leaving usually ended up worse then the last place they were or so it seemed. Washington was worse then bloomsbury and LA was worse then Washington. LA was far from perfect but at least their were walls right? The rebels drove out the military and the yellows so things were going to start turning around now right? Leaving the city made him uncomfortable. This seemed like a suicide mission. Who knows what was waiting for them out in the desert. Lawrence road in silence clenching his gun deep in thought. He held himself together as best he could. He never felt so unsafe in his life but after this they were done. After this no one would need them to try and save the world and they could finally focus on taking care of themselves. Their debts would be paid but little did Lawrence know that the troubles were only just beging. There lives were far from going back to normal.

"READY WHENEVER EVERYONE IS!" tammy's voice come over the radio

"Yellow, ready, over" Doc replied

"COME IN, EVERYONE GOOD, GETTING COMFY? WE ARE ABOUT 3 HOURS AWAY FROM HOUR DESTINATION." Tammy's voice came over the radio again..

"yellow, copy clear, over" Doc replied

Rob would focus on the road, just thinking about his wife still. He hoped she was ok, he hoped she was taking care of his daughters, he needed them to be safe, he needed them to be safe for him, he was just exctatic about the thought of maybe hugging his wife and kids. He was so close, but he wanted Ethan to be safe. "So, Where you from originally" He asked Tammy to break the silence.

Sasaki glanced out the window as they drove silence.Pitch black-nothing suspcious about it, he thought to himself.It went dark after they left LA and it stayed that way 3 hours.Sasaki was actually suprised when he saw how dark it was.Wherever he drove there were atleast some indications of light in the distance - be it small fires and survivor camps, there was some sort of life out there.He was even more suprised when he noticed he hadn't seen any zombies for miles.The place was dead.

The only other form of light came from their vehicles and the stars in the sky.Sasaki began to become anxietious at this point.After everything he'd seen he kneww that nothing stays that peaceful for long.Becuase of this he waited for something happen, and as more time passed the more anxtious he grew.Before he could break the silence was finally broken.
"So, Where you from originally" Rob asked Tammy turning to her.
Sasaki was glad that he asked that question.Sasaki really needed a distraction from his own thoughts.Hearing others didnt calm him that much but it was a lot better than silence to him.Sasaki slowly turned his attention back to Tammy, waiting for her answer

Back at the comm building it was time to change guard. A young man came into the basement to watch ethan for the night. "This is stupid," he said as he sat down at the table across from Ethan. "Why do I have to be put on guard duty." He took his backpack off and unzipped it. "I'm Gregory," he pulled a six pack of beer and scrabble out of his bag "do you like board games?"

Ethans eyebrows raised "Well matter of fact i do, But ive never had the pleasure of playing scrabble before so you would probably wipe the floor with me" He said laughing nervously. "Im Ethan by the way" He added, holding out his hand for Gregory to shake. He smiled genuinely for the first time since being a hostage.

everyone gave their OK on the radio and she then shut it off.
Tammy was watching outside as a question for her broke the silence. She gazed back still awake to reveal Rob asked her a question.
She blinked. then adjusted her seat, and replied,"San Diego." She noted. "So not to far, i just went to school in LA." She finished. Taking a sip of water from her bottle.
She glanced at Sasaki, who was listening as well, "You 2 are both from around here right?" She asked puzzled to the 2 of them.

stonecoldlife stonecoldlife FiSHY_Boi_0149 FiSHY_Boi_0149 Twenty below Twenty below Grognard Grognard

"You're right on that but to be honest I almost forgot about that place."he answered in shame.
"Jean, Lawrence and I have been traveling together for a while so it was hard to keep track of we have and haven't been."
As he said this he turned back in his seat and peered out his window.
"We've come along way now and I'm pretty sure there's more to come."he sighed as he stared blankly at the stary sky.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back