• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Year of the Spy OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Historical Storyteller Historical Storyteller I'd appreciate some fleshing out of John's background, even if it's somewhat murky and known only to Director Wright, since he seems the type of person the Bureau is going to watch very carefully.
I am a-ok with him being the survivor of an encounter between a military unit and something from the Dreamland.

As for the stats, your Attributes all start at one.
Then you pick a primary trio - Physical, Mental, or Social.
You divide 5 points among the primary, 4 among the secondary, and 3 among the tertiary.

Similar principle for Skills.
They start at 0, you decide which of Physical, Mental, and Social is primary, secondary, or tertiary.
Then you distribute 11 points for primary, 7 for secondary, 4 for tertiary.

Health is 5 + Stamina

Historical Storyteller Historical Storyteller I'd appreciate some fleshing out of John's background, even if it's somewhat murky and known only to Director Wright, since he seems the type of person the Bureau is going to watch very carefully.
I am a-ok with him being the survivor of an encounter between a military unit and something from the Dreamland.

As for the stats, your Attributes all start at one.
Then you pick a primary trio - Physical, Mental, or Social.
You divide 5 points among the primary, 4 among the secondary, and 3 among the tertiary.

Similar principle for Skills.
They start at 0, you decide which of Physical, Mental, and Social is primary, secondary, or tertiary.
Then you distribute 11 points for primary, 7 for secondary, 4 for tertiary.

Health is 5 + Stamina

All right, I'll edit the CS shortly.

Nearly done allocating my points. I got a question, can I give more points to my Health? I'd like to max it out along with my Initiative.

I still have to think a little bit more about my backstory. And I've got some work to do in life so I'll be back later.

Last edited:
All right, I'll edit the CS shortly.

Nearly done allocating my points. I got a question, can I give more points to my Health? I'd like to max it out along with my Initiative.

I still have to think a little bit more about my backstory. And I've got some work to do in life so I'll be back later.

Nope, but I'll find some Merits that might help.
Initiative is Resolve + Composure.

Nope, but I'll find some Merits that might help.
Initiative is Resolve + Composure.

I wonder what Survival and Attunement does.

As for what Merits he can receive I have three ideas. He could invest them in combat (if he's fought in a war or something), or in hunting (as his family may have a history of it), or he could be a craftsman fixing things up (carpentry, blacksmith, mechanic).

It looks like I'll take a little longer than anticipated writing John, I've found some books I wish to read. I know it will help flesh out his background. Any information I can get from the 1950's to the 1980's is valuable as I know so little about that time period.

That's a standard Chronicle of Darkness Skill - basically cover wilderness survival and navigation.

Attunement

That's one of my custom features and measures your connection to the Dreamland - your capacity or vulnerability to the supernatural.
I'll have a quick dig through the Merit list for appropriate ones, but he definitely has Profession (Solider) 2 from the sound of things.

You can take your time - maybe he's deployed to this team once shit starts to hit the fan.

As for what Merits he can receive I have three ideas. He could invest them in combat (if he's fought in a war or something), or in hunting (as his family may have a history of it), or he could be a craftsman fixing things up (carpentry, blacksmith, mechanic).

It looks like I'll take a little longer than anticipated writing John, I've found some books I wish to read. I know it will help flesh out his background. Any information I can get from the 1950's to the 1980's is valuable as I know so little about that time period.

The ruleset we're using allows for characters to be competent in several areas or really great at one or two. If you haven't played it before, I'd encourage you to make your guy more of a well-rounded character rather than hyper-specialized. In part because otherwise you may find yourself without much to do in the scenes outside of your character's niche.

I mean, we all have our niches but if you look at everyone's sheets, you'll see a good spread of dots so that there's usually a "best at" party member for a task but others can usually assist or fill in as needed. :)

I wouldn't lose sleep over not knowing the 50s-80s time period. For one, it's probably a little different in Grey's setting anyway. For another, playing a game shouldn't require extensive homework. If you're having a good time reading up on the time period, excellent, more power to you but don't feel obliged.

Epiphany Epiphany it's actually on you and/or Sauer to repair the ward!
Easily done with ink, paint, blood, whatever you'd like to use. I won't even require a roll.

Yeah, but if it's peeling paint, it's going to require scraping and repainting before repainting, so to speak. No?

Unless we just take a knife to it or something...

Yeah, but if it's peeling paint, it's going to require scraping and repainting before repainting, so to speak. No?

Unless we just take a knife to it or something...

I guarantee the Bureau isn't going to greenlight the resources to bring anyone else in.
How you all decide to handle it is up to you, and on you.
Sauer is going to have a lot of paperwork and dirty looks waiting at HQ over the moving team already.

An update just to make sure I'm still alive out there. I've read a lot already, and will still need to review what I've learned (I'm pleased to say I learned a lot) so I can stick it to my brain. I haven't done as much research as I wanted to do, but with everything I've done, I'm confident that I can write a CS that is faithful to Fred's character. In fact, I may do just that now.

Well, the life of John Doe is tragic, like so many others here. It seems that everybody's who's encountered Dreamland's lost something or lost their mind. For John, its both. He can't come back to his old life again and that haunts him more than anything. He can't even talk to people properly anymore after spending so much time robbing people and living on the run. As the person who wrote him, I do hope John will find some closure, or get some of his old life back even if its just a little. For someone who doesn't have anything, small things mean the whole world to him.

I wonder what Craft does? Does it mean he can make and fix things?

And once you accept this character, I'll jump right to the roleplay.

Last edited:

Sorry, been busy with work and extra sleep.
It is for making and repairing things, and ideally you should pick a specific craft.
His Willpower seems unusually high, and his Integrity is unusually low. His Willpower should be about 7, looking at Resolve + Composure, and his Integrity is probably no lower than 5.
This is a clandestine operation - he may want clothing options outside his battledress and pouches.
Any Skills he didn't spend points in should be 0, not 1. Attributes start at 1; Skills at 0. Probably need to reduce them all by one.

Sorry, been busy with work and extra sleep.
It is for making and repairing things, and ideally you should pick a specific craft.
His Willpower seems unusually high, and his Integrity is unusually low. His Willpower should be about 7, looking at Resolve + Composure, and his Integrity is probably no lower than 5.
This is a clandestine operation - he may want clothing options outside his battledress and pouches.
Any Skills he didn't spend points in should be 0, not 1. Attributes start at 1; Skills at 0. Probably need to reduce them all by one.

Got it! I'll change it immediately. He's got low stats, mostly everywhere, but well he is something of a beginner. Once I'm done editing it all I'll enter the story.

Its been days, how're you all doing? Poor John is asking a question and you're leaving him hanging. He's probably stuck in that room waiting for an answer. Sorry to guilt trip you like that, I just really really want ask that.

I suspect people are busy with things, I’ve had very little updates on any of the sites I write on.

You did ask your question of Wlfsamurai's director character (which makes sense given the character is in charge of the team).

WlfSamurai WlfSamurai you up for corralling your troops? Or should I post and move things along?

Just waiting on everyone to make their next post and come to a decision on where to start.
I assume between the plague and the protests, plus adulthood in general, everyone is a bit delayed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back