• When posting, please be aware that artistic nudity is still nudity and not allowed under RpNation rules. Please edit your pictures accordingly!

Remember to credit artists when using work not your own.

Ye Ole BBCode Shoppe

Salutations. I'm a coder (pretty decent, I guess?), so I code everything. I like keeping things simple, but I'm expanding my horizons. I'm curious about customizing accordions & fieldsets. For example, add a different background color, font, font color, image (maybe?), etc. May someone show me how, please? Like, give a sample of the code?

Hello there, Owl! Accordions are quite flexible when it comes to customizing. You can change the background color, add borders, and even use an image as the accordion slider! You can see some examples of what that might look like at my @Yuuki of the Strata does an excellent job of explaining how to build this code here.

Fieldsets are not flexible when it comes to customizing. The way you see the fieldset now is the way it will always be unless you use the following combination of BBCodes:

[imagefloat=left]

[centerblock=100][bg=#fafafa]

[COLOR=#b80b0b][FONT=Pacifico]Title[/COLOR][/FONT]

[/bg][/centerblock]

[/imagefloat]

[border= 4px groove #0f0f0f]

[COLOR=#ff0000]Lorem ipsum dolar sit amet…[/COLOR]

You may need to adjust spacing, depending on the material you use.

Let us know if you have any further questions!

Oh hey, is that the fieldset I designed, or...? *scratching head* Maybe not, haven't looked at BBCode in a while so may be mistaking things..

Last edited by a moderator:
[QUOTE="Kiyoko Tomoe]Oh hey, is that the fieldset I designed, or...? *scratching head* Maybe not, haven't looked at BBCode in a while so may be mistaking things...

[/QUOTE]
Yes, it would be!

@Musician:

Thank you so much! I assumed (and witnessed) accordions were flexible, but I wasn't certain how to do it, lol. (Beyond the standard slides) Regarding fieldsets, I'm aware of the limitations compared to accordions.

Okie Dokie~! I'll keep that in mind. (:

Musician said:
Yes, it would be!
Oh yay! It seems my BBCode skills have actually been put to use by peoples xD

Speaking of which, I honestly wonder how far my image border stuff's gone around RpN since the time in which the borders on images were removed... Probably not far, though maybe peoples use it.

[QUOTE="Kiyoko Tomoe]Oh yay! It seems my BBCode skills have actually been put to use by peoples xD
Speaking of which, I honestly wonder how far my image border stuff's gone around RpN since the time in which the borders on images were removed... Probably not far, though maybe peoples use it.

[/QUOTE]
Would you mind showing it to me? If so, please send me a PM.

Ah, it should be on the whole thread about the removing of image borders. Really I'm just curious how far my BBCode shtuffs've gone throughout RpN, so I don't really have to know since it's not much of importance to me. It's pretty simple though, of course I started too complicated originally although fixed the complicated stuffs before I saw anybody else with any functional image borders n' stuff... I never did find a fix for the whole left and right alignment thing though, due to the centerblock part of the code...

Code:
[centerblock=32][border= 3px groove #950000][bg=#fa9999](image)[/bg][/border][/centerblock]

10005424_587267994709428_1722454131_n.jpg

Ah, I see. If you're referring to the slightly transparent border that used to be around images without BBCode, that was removed ages ago. ( ;) ) I appreciate you show it to me, nonetheless.

Blech, so much failures on my part... It's been so long since I've used it, I did so many mistakes... Had to edit the centerblock number 'cause I forgot the comparison of image size and centerblock size, plus misplaced something in the code display... >///<

Yeah, I was referring to that earlier. I mean, I can even mostly reproduce it and have for people before. I think this was the color it had back before they removed it...?

Code:
[centerblock=32][border= 3px groove #b0b0b0][bg=#cdcdcd](image)[/bg][/border][/centerblock]

[QUOTE="Kiyoko Tomoe]Yeah, I was referring to that earlier. I mean, I can even mostly reproduce it and have for people before. I think this was the color it had back before they removed it...?
Code:
[centerblock=32][border= 3px groove #b0b0b0][bg=#cdcdcd](image)[/bg][/border][/centerblock]

[/QUOTE]
It was quite similar to that, yes, although in reality, it was really a slightly transparent #000000 border. What some of us did in the past was simply use a completely black background and all of the borders magically "disappeared".

Musician said:
It was quite similar to that, yes, although in reality, it was really a slightly transparent #000000 border. What some of us did in the past was simply use a completely black background and all of the borders magically "disappeared".
Huh, interesting to know. I had no clue that you could erase the borders back then by dropping a black background in. Well, guess I need to retake BBCode History II or somethin' xD

Hey guys, is there a way to resize media?

(btw has RpN ever thought of using HTML? Or is it just not friendly for the multiple browsers other ppl use?)

AnimusLight said:
Hey guys, is there a way to resize media?
(btw has RpN ever thought of using HTML? Or is it just not friendly for the multiple browsers other ppl use?)
To answer your first question, yes and no. You cannot scale the media through the editing options provided by the gallery. You can only crop and rotate. If you want to scale your image, you need to do that in a separate photo editor.

As for HTML, it has not been something that the Administration has wanted to be supported on RpNation. So to speak, BBCode is HTML, but in a more controlled environment. BBCode dictates codes that are allowed and not allowed. It is translating [B]lorem ipsum[/B] into <b>lorem ipsum</b> and so on so forth. HTML is a markup language that should be suitable for all computers. It's part of what makes a site look nice... or bad.

Hi guys, I don't know if I'm doing this right way or if your even taking requests right now, but I need a rp, a character sheet, and an interest check layout. It'll have a kind of matrix-y theme.

@Musician @Elle Joyner

I was wondering if anyone could help me make up a roleplay search thread? For format I would like the style where you have a larger box on the left and then two columns on the right? ( similar to the style used on the front page, without the background )

For color scheme black and white is fine.

Here's the breakdown

[ big box on left ]

introduction

[ accordion ] ( in big box )

- roleplay checklist

- this i will roleplay

[ column on right 1 ]

roleplay taboos

[ column on right 2 ]

schedule

@readingraebow - hey! Sorry <3 I wasn't able to get to a computer yesterday, so I couldn't respond! I THINK I know what you're looking for - but you mentioned the front page, and I just wanna be sure we're on the same page - could you screenshot the section of the front page you're referring to, for clarification?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back